Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,438 members, 7,861,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:00 AM

Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% (5694 Views)

Nigeria's National Grid Collapses Again As Power Generation Drops To 42.7MW / Seaport Terminal Operators Jack Up Cargo Handling Charges By 45% / Blackout: Power Generation Drops To 1,145MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by udemzeus(m): 10:16am On Dec 10, 2021
Useless government, why not build nuclear power plants or better still waste to energy plants.

Why is this government so useless
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 10, 2021
Here is the reason why

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by Cognitivereason: 10:18am On Dec 10, 2021
Very Big one!
Funny enough without building new plants we have the ability to generate 12,000MW..
If Siemens deal work out...the first goal should be to deliver 24/7 power first to only the economically vibrant states that contribute a lot to the economic and a vast amount SMSE and abuja...
Before we focus on rural areas and some stagnant states..
Lagos doesn't need more than 3,000 MW..abuja and other vibrant states can utilize 6500MW for 24/7 power
The remaining 2500MW should go to other region with atleast 12hrs per day
DubaiLandLord1:
I can't believe Nigeria will still be struggling to generate a terrible MW of power in 2021.

From 1999 till 2021, there is no meaningful development in the power sector? This is a big shame

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by Cognitivereason: 10:20am On Dec 10, 2021
Easier said than done
Waste to energy can not meet our needs and it not efficient....

We need Nuclear plants and increased development of the gas sector so that existing gas power plants can function properly
udemzeus:
Useless government, why not build nuclear power plants or better still waste to energy plants.

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 10, 2021
udemzeus:

1.Generation is in the hands of private firms, and has been so since 2013/4

2.Ask the gencos.

3.Power tarrifs are kept cheap, which means that the sector runs at a loss, which means that they don't have the type of profit to build nuclear stations.

4.A nuclear power station costs between 6-9 billon to provide 1100mw. Nigeria needs at least 10000mw to ensure Lagos alone has 24 hour power/for Lagos alone, and probably 80000mw for the rest of the country.....

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by geekay4real(m): 10:22am On Dec 10, 2021
Even when the ministry was still under BRF, things were never this bad
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 10, 2021
Cognitivereason:
Very Big one!
Funny enough without building new plants we have the ability to generate 12,000MW..
If Siemens deal work out...the first goal should be to deliver 24/7 power first to only the economically vibrant states that contribute a lot to the economic and a vast amount SMSE and abuja...
Before we focus on rural areas and some stagnant states..
Lagos doesn't need more than 3,000 MW..abuja and other vibrant states can utilize 6500MW for 24/7 power
The remaining 2500MW should go to other region with atleast 12hrs per day
The problem now is that no one knows when the deal between the FG and Siemens go kick off.

I wish Kyari didn't die when he did.

He was committed in making this deal possible.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by Cognitivereason: 10:23am On Dec 10, 2021
You seem very enthusiastic about this power issues...I have read virtually all ur contributions to almost every power related threads..do u work in the power sector

backbencher:
Here is the reason why
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by eldoradoxx: 10:25am On Dec 10, 2021
Penguin2:
Every gain made under GEJ has been eroded.

This is the govt that Tinubu helped foist on us.

He must never be allowed to benefit from this.

Tinubu knew Buhari was incompetent but only supported him because it would quicken his presidential ambition. He shall be made to pay for it.

Tinubu will never ever rule this country.
Majority of my brothers and sisters in the South West don't think so, anything Tinubu will sell for them in the next election even when they know that Tinubu is apparently old( naturally should be age- sick as his recent medical sojourn abroad discloses) and becoming senile (observe him talk, he slurs, forgets his sentences and gives unrelated answers to questions just like Buhari does).
Nigeria, ethnicity comes first above national interest. It is ethnic chauvinistic interest of the North with a thoroughly brainwashed Yoruba voters that imposed Buhari debacle on Nigeria against the advise of their Southern brothers of the East who told Nigerians honest truth of how Buhari will ruin this nation, which has come to past.
Until we eschew sectional interest for national interest, Nigeria would never move anywhere. Peace!
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 10, 2021
Cognitivereason:
You seem very enthusiastic about this power issues...I have read virtually all ur contributions to almost every power related threads..do u work in the power sector

Round about the time power was being privatized, where I was living had no light, and I was very annoyed,(then there was issues with my meter, sigh) so out of annoyance, I decided to read and keep myself informed about the power issues...which is what led to all of the knowledge i put out here..

Though there are good sources of info out there like the below paper

Solving the liquidity crunch in the power sector...which basically made a lot of stuff clear.

(I don't work for the power sector by the way)

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by timefarm(m): 10:29am On Dec 10, 2021
The foolish government didnot build a single powerplant since inception.

Obasanjo and Jonathan build more than 8.
Only to complain.
Mambilla is only on paper.
May it not be well be them.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by treesun: 10:40am On Dec 10, 2021
timefarm:
The foolish government didnot build a single powerplant since inception.

Obasanjo and Jonathan build more than 8.
Only to complain.
Mambilla is only on paper.
May it not be well be them.

Even Kanji is having issues now. These people are not supposed to be in power. I went to Otta not too long ago see industries without any production. If those companies are powered, it will reduce unemployment and agitations.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by Penguin2: 10:48am On Dec 10, 2021
eldoradoxx:
Majority of my brothers and sisters in the South West don't think so, anything Tinubu will sell for them in the next election even when they know that Tinubu is apparently old( naturally should be age- sick as his recent medical sojourn abroad discloses) and becoming senile (observe him talk, he slurs, forgets his sentences and gives unrelated answers to questions just like Buhari does).
Nigeria, ethnicity comes first above national interest. It is ethnic chauvinistic interest of the North with a thoroughly brainwashed Yoruba voters that imposed Buhari debacle on Nigeria against the advise of their Southern brothers of the East who told Nigerians honest truth of how Buhari will ruin this nation, which has come to past.
Until we eschew sectional interest for national interest, Nigeria would never move anywhere. Peace!

True!

That’s why I have come to agree that Nigeria was structured to fail.

A northerner will consider what is best for the north before thinking of what will be good for Nigeria(if he ever does). Same with a Yoruba and an Easterner.

No patriotism.

We are better apart than together abeg.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by jaytee01(m): 11:06am On Dec 10, 2021
Penguin2:
Every gain made under GEJ has been eroded.

This is the govt that Tinubu helped foist on us.

He must never be allowed to benefit from this.

Tinubu knew Buhari was incompetent but only supported him because it would quicken his presidential ambition. He shall be made to pay for it.

Tinubu will never ever rule this country.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by openmine(m): 11:35am On Dec 10, 2021
Splitmind:
FAKE NEWS, right now I have light in my house so where is this news coming from?

In fact let's ask ourselves, even if we generate so much electricity what will we use it for?

Is it not just to watch television and charge phone?
Smh
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by clems88(m): 11:42am On Dec 10, 2021
Liwe don't even have light any more. They bring it at night for ghost to use for few hours and take it before 6am. angry . The annoying thing is that bill has increased yet no light angry
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by SirLakes: 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
backbencher:

Nigeria needs at least 10000mw to ensure Lagos alone has 24 hour power/for Lagos alone, and probably 80000mw for the rest of the country.....

Cognitivereason:

Lagos doesn't need more than 3,000 MW

Which of these minister of power are we gonna believe now ehn grin grin
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
SirLakes:

Mine,. of course....
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by Demosolar: 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
My people don't let the drop in the megawatts of the grid electricity to dull your life. Sharply switch over to solar inverter systems and enjoy constant power supply from our abundant sunlight and daylight as well as the good life here in Nigeria. Send me a mail - otegbeye2002@yahoo.com for us to discuss further on how you can benefit from this God given free gift to nature and mankind.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by Demosolar: 1:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
Life is good and sweet with constant power supply. Check out Bright Solar Power as well as Ademola Otegbeye on google to know that the lord is good.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by Germi9: 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2021
Who dey even advise these Leaders sef? concentrate on electricity,give us steady light and watch poverty reduce drastically in Nigeria
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by Cognitivereason: 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2021
Lol...if u check google for Nigeria's generating capacity.. You will see that it stated clearly that we can generate up to 12,000MW

I have read articles of top individuals in the power sector saying that 3,500MW Can power the whole Lagos...Governors candidate of PDP jimi agbaje said the same....so if 3,000 to 3,500 can power Lagos with all the industries and businesses then the whole of the SE excluding ebonyi and SS combined including abuja and Niger can utilize 6500 MW even though their industrialization even when combined doesn't match Lagos...
Ogun ,kano , kaduna and Oyo can take around
1500MW to 2,000 MW...
The rest can go and die cheesy
SirLakes:

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% by Fapemz: 6:57am On Dec 14, 2021
If you need portable power solution options pls Check my previous post. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: I've Not Endorsed Any Presidential Aspirant - Obasanjo / Election 2023: Breakdown Of Party Agents Submitted To INEC By Political Parties / FG Earmarks N150 Billion For Poverty Alleviation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.