Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Which Of This Skills Should I Learn - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Of This Skills Should I Learn (14555 Views)

Which Of These Skills Should I Go For? / Tired Of Staying At Home Which Of These Skills Should I Go For? / Your Suggestion Please, I Am Confused On This Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by Jumbota: 11:21am On Dec 11, 2021
I.T is the fvcking way in 2021
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by Christmasdon(m): 11:27am On Dec 11, 2021
premierlead:
Go and learn house painting, not everybody will be tech savvy. If you know you know
AND YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO DIFFERENTIATE COLORS OR COLOURS.
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by DSTVee(m): 11:50am On Dec 11, 2021
Bosoan:

Both are good, Data science is better because some of the skills you will learn cuts across few other I.T specialization, WhatsApp me if you need help on either of the two

Data Analysis is more shallower, mostly involves punching in figures

Skills of Data analyst: Maths(Algebra, statistics & probability), Excel or similar tools

Skills of a Top Data Scientist: Maths(Algebra, statistics & probability, calculus), Programming(Python or R), Cloud computing, SQL, Tableau and/or Power BI, software development, Machine learning & Deep learning (Computer vision, Neural networks).

I am sure you already know the most profitable from my analysis
Thanks so much for this explanation... Im going to watsap you.
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by cletz991(m): 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2021
Bombing cool
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by Powersurge: 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2021
hustla:

Datascience - cos is sells more than salesforce in 9ja

Stop saying nonsense. Are you a data scientist?
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by ak22(m): 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2021
Jh0wsef:
Learn Graphics design, I've not regretted having that skill for a minute!

You get jobs on a daily. As long as you're good.

Put me through on this bro your contact please ?
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2021
Optimistguy1969:

Are you into it?
Nop, I’m not very artistic so I don’t think I’m cut out for it. But I am a very strong critic as I’m a developer.

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by Nastydroid(m): 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2021
cheesy
Gmajor:
Bros sorry oh.
But your dp no resemblance person wey dey make 750,000 a month

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by Thanos5555: 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2021
DSTVee:
Between data science and data analysis whats the difference? If some one wants to learn, which will be more profitable?

Data analysis is part of data science but data analysis is not data science

Data analysis is a lesser and more apprehensible form of the Data world to the masses,
But if you need to make real money you can't stay where everybody easily grasp right ?
You will need to know what they don't know and what is harder that is data science.

If you know data analysis, you may start doubting your ability to get a job, you will learn cheap things like plotting a graph, and all those tiny secondary school statiscs , which will disgust you.

Just like using Wix.com to create website within 2 hours by just typing create and choosing your website templates, you know you will not get hired with that cheap knowledge

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by digitite: 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2021
DSTVee:
Between data science and data analysis whats the difference? If some one wants to learn, which will be more profitable?
Data Science is the study of data processes, while Data Analyst is the usage and application of Data. Being a Data Analyst is more practical and needed on daily basis.
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by Skillsnigeria: 12:32pm On Dec 11, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by hustla(m): 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2021
Powersurge:

Stop saying nonsense. Are you a data scientist?

Name 10 top companies using Salesforce in Nigeria and show me their job adverts

undecided
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by noob03saibot(m): 2:42pm On Dec 11, 2021
Eletididi:
Data science is a good skill but if you don't know further maths and statistics, forget about it
bro! Python libraries does all the calculations for you. Even Microsoft excel sef for hardcore data analysis. So chill with the further maths stuff! He just needs to have basic understanding of statistics

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by Eletididi: 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2021
noob03saibot:
bro! Python libraries does all the calculations for you. Even Microsoft excel sef for hardcore data analysis. So chill with the further maths stuff! He just needs to have basic understanding of statistics
I never knew this, that's why I didn't delve into it
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by Kokaine(m): 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2021
Kingmena:
Data science is good.

Do you know, when you contact me, I can help you restructure your business to function without your supervision and maximize profit for just a token
how? I'm into production of electrical devices and solar installation. See my installations on Instagram
Check how you can come in with your plans and let me know your price with proven results
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by noob03saibot(m): 2:51pm On Dec 11, 2021
Eletididi:
I never knew this, that's why I didn't delve into it
just make sure you are very very solid with the language. No need to reinvent the wheel. All those advanced maths that can blow one's head, it's libraries like sk learn and tensor flow you run on dem same with good old pandas. Just put in a lot of time into learning that language and those libraries and make sure you know what you are doing, with time it will become second nature to you.

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by itzzkhaliii(m): 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2021
noob03saibot:
just make sure you are very very solid with the language. No need to reinvent the wheel. All those advanced maths that can blow one's head, it's libraries like sk learn and tensor flow you run on dem same with good old pandas. Just put in a lot of time into learning that language and those libraries and make sure you know what you are doing, with time it will become second nature to you.
Seems like you know alot please i am planning of getting a system by early next year,Data science have been the plan for long,for a student do you think one would coup with the demanding time.Hope you wount mind for a guidance please
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by Kingmena: 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2021
Kokaine:
how? I'm into production of electrical devices and solar installation. See my installations on Instagram @quickfixelectrix
Check how you can come in with your plans and let me know your price with proven results
My number is on my profile. Chat me up let's talk or you drop your contact
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by noob03saibot(m): 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2021
itzzkhaliii:

Seems like you know alot please i am planning of getting a system by early next year,Data science have been the plan for long,for a student do you think one would coup with the demanding time.Hope you wount mind for a guidance please
yes, you can cope with the time schedule as a student. Just try to always stay motivated. Try to always find time for it. And sorry o, I can't really be a guardian for you on it o, I will only let you down later down the line, as I might be too busy to help out. The best I can do for you is to tell you to search for the thread on Nairaland called chronicles of a data scientist or so. I can't remember the exact name. But type that in the search bar and scroll through, you would find that thread. There, you will get all the help you need as you journey down this part.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by itzzkhaliii(m): 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2021
noob03saibot:
yes, you can cope with the time schedule as a student. Just try to always stay motivated. Try to always find time for it. And sorry o, I can't really be a guardian for you on it o, I will only let you down later down the line, as I might be too busy to help out. The best I can do for you is to tell you to search for the thread on Nairaland called chronicles of a data scientist or so. I can't remember the exact name. But type that in the search bar and scroll through, you would find that thread. There, you will get all the help you need as you journey down this part.

Thanks for the reply,ohh I followed that thread full time before but as man no get system to they experiment na only casual I used to visit nowadays.The thread was The chronicle of a data scientist.Thanks alot.

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by neighbourhud: 4:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
Bosoan:

Both are good, Data science is better because some of the skills you will learn cuts across few other I.T specialization, WhatsApp me if you need help on either of the two

Data Analysis is more shallower, mostly involves punching in figures

Skills of Data analyst: Maths(Algebra, statistics & probability), Excel or similar tools

Skills of a Top Data Scientist: Maths(Algebra, statistics & probability, calculus), Programming(Python or R), Cloud computing, SQL, Tableau and/or Power BI, software development, Machine learning & Deep learning (Computer vision, Neural networks).

I am sure you already know the most profitable from my analysis

Contact this guy and thank me later
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by theamazonguru(m): 6:53pm On Dec 11, 2021
DSTVee:

Data analysis is what you do as a data scientist.
You are trained to be able to work with generic data, use tools to build models, analysis and forecast which helps businesses in making informed decision.

However, some people specialize in data analysis.
While data science is all encompassing.
In your bid to become a data scientist, you pick up/learn other great skills (programming, machine language, excel/ Microsoft Power BI etc) along the line.
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by theamazonguru(m): 6:58pm On Dec 11, 2021
Eletididi:
Data science is a good skill but if you don't know further maths and statistics, forget about it

Nothing is hard to a willing mind
Nothing is difficult to a desirous mind
Nothing is impossible for a true seeker.

.... for everyone that seeketh, findeth.

I recently did an external defence. 3 professors were on the defence panel.
They were left in awe of my ability to analyze my data.

Something wey be say na YouTube I learn am for just 2 weeks.
I kept watching videos and doing hands-on practice repeatedly.
I was so ready.
And God's Grace worked for me.

Never underestimate the place of God.

Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by Stephen0mozzy: 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2021
Rgade:
You high, you hex.
Na where money dey now.

Boss abeg can you mentor me? I dey find way change career path into UI/UX...or you know anyone who can?

I go loyal finish o

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by Powersurge: 7:53pm On Dec 11, 2021
hustla:

Name 10 top companies using Salesforce in Nigeria and show me their job adverts

undecided

Are u a data scientist? If not, I don't have anything to say to u.
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2021
Stephen0mozzy:

Boss abeg can you mentor me? I dey find way change career path into UI/UX...or you know anyone who can?

I go loyal finish o
I don’t do UI/UX as a matter of fact, but I’m just familiar with the stuff as someone who does frontend development.
Your best bet at this stage would be YouTube.
Search for videos on getting started with UI/UX.
This will show you the tools (figma, Adobe etc), platforms (dribble, behance etc) and other requirements. Your best mentor is the internet, constantly be searching for information.

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by Stephen0mozzy: 10:42pm On Dec 11, 2021
Rgade:

I don’t do UI/UX as a matter of fact, but I’m just familiar with the stuff as someone who does frontend development.
Your best bet at this stage would be YouTube.
Search for videos on getting started with UI/UX.
This will show you the tools (figma, Adobe etc), platforms (dribble, behance etc) and other requirements. Your best mentor is the internet, constantly be searching for information.

nicely said Sir.. Thanks for your input... The thing about searching upandan the internet is the risk of information overload and inexperience to sieve the sensible from the many rubbish
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by premierlead: 10:51pm On Dec 11, 2021
Christmasdon:
AND YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO DIFFERENTIATE COLORS OR COLOURS.

You get it guy
Re: Which Of This Skills Should I Learn by VickyRotex(f): 1:36am On Dec 12, 2021
See it this way. Data science is 5G, while Salesforce is 2G. Which network band will you go for?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Was Your Childhood Ambition And Which Work Are You Doing Now? (Pic) / Federal, States, Council Workers Groan Under Unpaid November Salaries / ICAN Releases Date For March 2019 ATSWA Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.