Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,199 members, 7,845,952 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals (23881 Views)

How We Foiled Attempts To Bomb Lagos, By Fashola / Ambode’s Lawyers: We Foiled EFCC Plot Of Planting Foreign Currency In His House / RT. Hon. Mulikat Adeola Akande Of PDP Oyo North Senatorial Rally Today-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Ovamboland(m): 9:53am On Dec 14, 2021
Gooddeed999:

I can see where your allegiance lies however some of us only stand for the truth regardless of who or what party is involved.
You need to go back, read both posts I made earlier then meditate on it.
You do not know me, I do not need to school you about the Abacha era, I do not need to school you about how the three parties of 1998 were formed until you display capacity to understand and be ready for truth.
What you get from your 30K naira handlers is not always the truth.
I don’t think you ever personally Abacha, Buhari, Pa Bola Ige, Pa Akande and Sir Bola Tinubu and Sir Femi Gbaja so there’s nothing for us to drag here on this faceless forum.

To answer your question about ACN promoting unity within PDP, ACN can cause division within a party if that’s part of their strategy but telling lies to the public is not nation building which is the main task of principled politicians and men of integrity. The same people that wanted disunity in PDP by denying a SW representative the seat of Speaker came out to claim GEJ has no regard for SW.
You claim that by voting PDP SW candidate, it would have weakened ACN but they still voted a northerner, the truth is clear as day light as I stated before, it was all to forge alliance with powerful northern interests, you have not been able to say anything meaningful to counter very clear point but you have been rambling jumping about from 2011 to 2015 to 2019. The whole world knows how Pained ACN block was when Saraki and Dogara emerged in 2015, people like you need to justify your 30k while expecting an increase, I understand that.
You claim ACN was protecting its interest albeit selfishly which is same as what I had earlier stated before you started rambling before trying to fall in line.
ACN doesn’t have to respect PDP zoning but by actively playing a role to betray a zone in the full glare of the public then turn around to tell lies against GEJ who tried his best makes no sense. Tell me why SE was not given senate presidency when the majority party APN had earlier zoned it to SE but SE had no APC rep since it has happened before, school me on this.
Majority party means party with highest reps. Tell us when a minority party in the legislative arm of government produced the speaker or senate president and tell us how many legislators voted.

Marginalisation: S/West PDP leaders to meet Jonathan next week
February 18, 2013
Print
BY HENRY UMORU & OLASUNKANMI AKONI

…As ACN accuses PDP of playing ethnic card…
ABUJA—Leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, from the South West Zone of the country have resolved to meet with President Goodluck Jonathan next week over perceived gross marginalisation of the zone in appointments and political recognitions.

This came as Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, has said the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, is exposing its own folly by blaming the glaring marginalisation of the Yoruba by the Jonathan Administration on ACN, saying, “PDP has nothing but total contempt for the Yoruba in particular and Nigerians in general.”

Rising from a meeting of the leaders of the PDP in the zone convened by the Board of Trustees, South West in collaboration with the zonal leadership of the PDP, Abuja, they expressed deep concern over perceived marginalisation of the zone in national affairs and leadership positions.

According to the party leaders in a communiqué by two former Deputy National Chairmen and members of the Board of Trustees, BoT of PDP, Alhaji Shuaib Oyedokun and Chief Olabode George at the end of the meeting, they argued that the neglect of the zone was uncalled for despite being the first zone to adopt President Goodluck Jonathan for the 2011 presidential election, adding that the meeting with President Jonathan would help redeem this deplorable situation.

The communiqué read, “the meeting which had in attendance delegates from each state of the South West – Ondo, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ogun, Lagos, also had in attendance former governors, National Assembly members, ministers and party elders. a state by state discussion of the conflicts in the zone, the party leadership resolved as follows: The meeting underscored that lack of unity among the party leaders in each state has led to attrition and confusion of party members in the zone, there is the need for reconciliation in the party as a platform to reposition the party.

“The meeting was acknowledged as the beginning of a serious and sustained effort at total reconciliation of all disaffected groups in the Party across the South West zone.

ACN accuses PDP of playing ethnic card
However, reacting to the allegation by Dr Doyin Okupe that the ‘’Yoruba people in the ACN conspired against the Yoruba’’ to scuttle the election of a Yoruba as House Speaker, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said in a statement yesterday, that ACN was not bound by the shifty and phoney zoning formula of the PDP.

According to ACN: ‘’If the PDP had indeed wanted a Yoruba as speaker, the party should either have won enough seats in the South-West or used its majority in the House to push through its anointed candidate.

“Failure to ensure the election of its candidate is a reflection of the insincerity of the PDP about the zoning of the post to Yoruba and the gross indiscipline in the party of tattered umbrella.

“In any case, the last option open to the PDP would have been to support any other Yoruba for the post across party lines. We the ACN have very capable members in the House to serve as Speaker. But the truth is that the ruling party wants a PDP member, not a Yoruba, for the post.

‘’Therefore we are not surprised that the PDP easily acquiesced to the defeat of its Yoruba candidate for the post of Speaker of the House. The PDP zoning formula is pivoted on convenience rather than principle,

“After all, the zoning was easily jettisoned to pave the way for Jonathan to contest as President. Even if the PDP had not succeeded in giving the post of House Speaker to Yoruba in accordance with its so-called zoning formula, it could have rewarded them with known choice ministries or other top appointments, instead of totally relegating a whole people into irrelevance in its scheme of things.”

ACN, therefore accused PDP of playing the ethnic card, and rejected the “cheeky and devilish move by the PDP to pigeon-hole the ACN into an ethnic cocoon.

‘We are a national party and our spread attests to it. We have shown by supporting the election of Aminu Tambwal as Speaker of the House that our agenda is not sectional but national, and we have no apologies to offer for that. ‘Let the PDP continue to wallow in insufferable arrogance and disdain for the electorate, by sharing posts before elections are concluded. It is like sharing the parts of an animal that has yet to be killed. This is the stuff of which the PDP is made, and that is why it is crumbling now like a pack of cards.’’

Where did they lie here about whom to supported to be speaker since 2013 news. It seems comprehension is a problem for most of you, that's probably why you must write IELTS like non English speakers to migrate.

They made it clear they won't support a SW PDP rep as speaker. PDP can use their majority to override that but they did not. But how did ACN stop PDP from giving SW more visibility in their govt that doesn't need ACN input?

As you can see here, PDP SW leaders are the ones meeting Jonathan to complain of been marginalized.

Know your history by reading wider outside nairaland. I will give you an assignment to find out who was House Speaker in 1979 and if his sponsor party had majority.

Let APC bear in tranquility the inability to make a SE person Senate president. PDP is free to mine whatever advantage that will give them, that's politics.
But SE was able to snatch a Deputy Senate seat using politics, yet nobody is shouting betrayal, or calling PDP any unprintable names.

I understand the politics you're playing by moralizing and sharing sermons. Even your 30k quip is part of throwing muck hoping it would stick. But for free I will tell you that you're today likely still praying and hoping to earn my income of 12 years ago.
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Ovamboland(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2021
DabuIIIT:
@the bolded,go and find out how many south western states won by the PDP were won back, practically handled back to, by the respective states elections tribunals to the then ACN under GEJ immediately after the elections and come back and tell us how Gej wanted to weaken the regional ACN. Was that not one of the reasons Obj hated GEJ then? Or you think Gej couldn't have influenced the outcomes of those election tribunal results if he wanted to?
Just don't open ya mouth wide and rant bla bla bla in ignorance. Always endeavour to read books,read far and wide,it's good for your brains.. papa ajasco grin

Empty head, go and read what Jonathan did to Justice Ayo Salami despite NJC decision, in retaliation for the 2 states ACN won via tribunal verdict.
He didn't want to influence it my foot.

Telling lies is your first nature, you are representing your father the devil very well

2 Likes

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by DabuIIIT: 11:00am On Dec 14, 2021
Ovamboland papa ajasco :

Empty head, go and read what Jonathan did to Justice Ayo Salami despite NJC decision, in retaliation for the 2 states ACN won via tribunal verdict.
He didn't want to influence it my foot.

Telling lies is your first nature, I am representing my father the devil very well

1 Like

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by madridsta007(m): 11:46am On Dec 14, 2021
Ovamboland:

Where did I reject his statement?

He only told you the background happenings of a public event voting against PDP leadership choice of a speaker in 2011.

Ok.
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by tamdun: 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2021
DabuIIIT:

He wanted them to feel belonged, to carry them along. But he never knew he was dealing with serpents..
That was a bitter lesson he and everyone learnt: "never trust a yoruba man"
Oga na lie, feel belong?
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by tamdun: 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2021
[quote author=DabuIIIT post=108488099][/quote]
Now u r posting pictures when the burst ur lies

1 Like

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by DabuIIIT: 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2021
tamdun:

Now u r posting pictures when the burst ur lies abeg get away from my sight,you shameless betraying people... You all should hide your heads in shame!!!! Wtf! You still have mouth to talk! Betrayers of the universe
We were all shocked when we read how Jakande also betrayed Awo to Ibb that made the late great sage,Awo commit suicide!!! Disgusting people
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by DabuIIIT: 1:41pm On Dec 14, 2021
tamdun:

Oga na lie, feel belong?
do you even read at all,or you just here to view pictures like you are viewing my pictures baaaaahahahahahahhaahaaaaa!!!!!
Now didn't you read where Akande himself used his own mouth to say GEJ wanted a govt of national unity?!!!! Oga read to understand or call someone to Interpret for you,thank you very much
grin
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by IGBOSON1: 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2021
tamdun:

Oga leave story, He asked u a simple question, wetin Jonathan do for your state/region

You lack the capacity to read and comprehend?
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by fregeneh(m): 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2021
EraseTheDot:

Whose fault was it that you refused to vote for Ngige who could have become the Senate President under APC. You lost out totally for your thoughtlessness.

-erase the dot

Ngige wouldn't have goten it,any section of the country that produce the president always produced the Senate president.
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by tamdun: 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2021
IGBOSON1:

You lack the capacity to read and comprehend?
Leave grammar and answer the question, wetin the man do for ur state/region wey u wan kill yaself

1 Like

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Ovamboland(m): 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2021
tamdun:

Leave grammar and answer the question, wetin the man do for ur state/region wey u wan kill yaself

They can't reason beyond tribe and religion, they are Boko Haram in spirit only yet to start suicide bombing.
They have no reason to support Jonathan beyond he is our 'bloda'.

That's why they want to convulse because ACN did not play ethnic politics and vote for their Sister Mulika for Speaker.
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by DabuIIIT: 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2021
Shameless people....see how they are sweating profusely in their big pants just to cover their shame grin

1 Like

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by orisa37: 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2021
This is Mean. So a day will come when someone like Baba Akande will reveal how AKEREDOLU smuggled his Son into his Cabinet.
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Olaideolayemi(m): 7:16am On Dec 15, 2021
Evercurious:

Thank God for the woes betiding you . And many more to come. Amen... Well that's not even a curse but outright consequences of your crafty and treacherous ways.. see your mouth like ' that's politics '...

Your mouth go bend make I hear you say again pray instead of curse ... Nonsense
Are you a man or a woman? Please you need to check yourself..Even thus, things doesn't go well..Na curse be the best person..You better change..before all your curse lay back to you..
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Olaideolayemi(m): 7:19am On Dec 15, 2021
DabuIIIT:

Oga sit down for one place,make Una hide Una head in shame..Akande exposed and disgraced you guys big time..
All these years you guys never told anyone it was politics you were playing,you kept attacking an innocent GEJ for marginalising you. The truth has been revealed now.
Politics ko, slavery ni grin

This is another addition to history about an express back stabbing people.

Breeze don blow,the smelly fowl yansh don open wide grin
I don't know,what you're saying Mr man..
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by AfonjaConehead: 10:26am On Dec 15, 2021
When you see a snake, even a gaboon viper and you see a coneheaded structure, please for the sake of your own head and life yes, especially your head, leave the gaboon snake alone and focus on the coneheaded structured element until you have gone far away in safety of him o!!!!!!
If you decide to focus on the gaboon snake, there's every possibility of the conehead pushing you from behind to the gaboon so that after the gaboon bite and venom you,he can easily harvest your head and mine your skull immediately... Don't say I didn't warn you o!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Evercurious(f): 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2021
Olaideolayemi:
Are you a man or a woman? Please you need to check yourself..Even thus, things doesn't go well..Na curse be the best person..You better change..before all your curse lay back to you..

You dey fear curse? You only fear curse when you re guilty.. GO AND REPENT FROM YOUR TREACHEROUS CHARACTER. OKAY?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by AfonjaConehead: 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2021
This thread is surely an eye opener...
We have learnt a very great lesson again about the wickedness of the heart of men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by AfonjaConehead: 8:52am On Dec 16, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by AfonjaConehead: 11:30am On Dec 17, 2021
This is the thread of the year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by jude79(m): 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2021
[quote author=EraseTheDot post=108426742]
Stop grandstanding. Can't you read. Why was Jonathan reaching out to Tinubu & Pa Akanda for a candidate in PDP when he could have asked them for a candidate in ACN. They very well saw through his manipulation.

In the meantime, President Goodluck Jonathan was pressing for a government of national unity, with a bid of sucking ACN into manipulative extinction.”

So tinubu and Pa a kanda as you called him, decided to give it to a nothern pdp, instead of a South Western pdp, interesting and sugferisticated.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by AfonjaConehead: 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2021
jude79:
And till this day,the same yorubas kept blaming GEJ for marginalising them!!!? Wicked people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by jude79(m): 10:48am On Dec 18, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

And till this day,the same yorubas kept blaming GEJ for marginalising them!!!? Wicked people

After the blues say the blues,
Sufferisticated is when you bring five governors to a partnership with a notherner that brought one governor, you allowed him to take the executive and legislative, you practically turn yourself into a cat, a begger on your own property, you turn yourself into a slave in a partnership with unenlightened northerners, you do all the groundwork but gets little in terms of renumeration ,but when it comes to your fellow southerner, you start shouting and behaving like a lion, you block all sense of reasoning, you contribute nothing but want to control all position, when the call for equity, you start shouting marginalisation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by AfonjaConehead: 9:03pm On Dec 20, 2021
Manmountain says Jonathan betrayed the SW...I bet his mountainous arsse,that he's yet to see this thread...or he has seen it and like others, chosen to ignore the bitter truth cos of shame that Akande blew the breeze and their fowl yansh have been exposed. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Greenback: 4:35pm On Jan 13, 2022
Thunda faya all coneheads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by jude79(m): 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
EraseTheDot:

If your thinking is not low, how can Jonathan ask ACN to support an opposition against their own party member. Since the the position was zoned to SW, he could have allowed SW caucus to determine the party to represent them.

-erase the dot

Erase which dot, okay yorubas from apc don't want Yoruba from pdp, but supported a notherner from pdp, "what can't hatred do" then after giving their rights to the northerners, the same people came out on the road and started shouting Marginalization! Marginalization!! "hian" later they mounted a vociferous campaign against a fellow southerner, who was magnanimous enough to seek their support, "you would think they are doing it for themselves" Nooo!!!! The brought out heavy monieytary war chest, and we'll oiled propaganda machinery, coupled with 7 state to give the ship of state to a herder that can only boast of one state, well, the herder succeeded in making the country the poverty capital of the world, closing their borders, while many factories and manufacturing hub,
in their enclave closed up, throwing millions of Nigerians into the job market, especially southwesterners, "na wao"
Today the same herder is trying to bring back the man they betrayed, right in front of their eyes, mphhh!!! "So what are they doing" they continued to sell propaganda, attacking fellow Southerners, burying their heads in sand, and licking the foot of same northerner, talk of history continuously repeating itself and some people, continuously denying it, until they're buried, Haba!!!! What kind of slave mentality is this.
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2022
Evercurious:

Keep.washing your SHAMELESS,DECEITFUL, CRAFTY, CUNNING, and TREACHEROUS garment here and beyond . Afterall it's in your DNA
Hahahaha

Cry Okoro, I love your tears grin

Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by Justiceleague1: 8:00am On Jan 17, 2022
Oghighirighi check this topic out and see for yourself

Tonyebarcanista

Obinoral1179 this is fact
Re: How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals by obinoral1179(m): 8:42am On Jan 17, 2022
Justiceleague1:
Oghighirighi check this topic out and see for yourself

Tonyebarcanista

Obinoral1179 this is fact
, grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Police Ban Officers From Demanding Customs Papers / Buhari To Personally Welcome PDP Defectors In Bayelsa / APC Convention, A Quit Notice To Fayose & PDP - Says Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.