Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,350 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m (13286 Views)

NCC Issues Licenses To MTN, Mafab Comms, As 5G Services Roll Out In August / About Mafab Communications & Profile Of The Owner, Musbahu Bashir / 5G License Auction: MTN, Mafab Communications Win Slots For $273m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by ILoveDemMANNA: 6:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
Write4me:
Na this kind agency person suppose de work. A business oriented government agency....Salute!
If u believe it. You can achieve it.
Do the talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by Reference(m): 6:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
No wonder MTN is floating....
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by olahero(m): 6:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
Good pricing
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by Omicron007: 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
[s]
ILoveDemMANNA:

Amen.
Dem MANNA people you are.
Nigeria will succeed.

And for the pigs that say Nigeria will never be good
May Amadioha kill dem and dem people.
Foolish animals dey are.
[/s]

Always full of bile and hate.
There is no second you don't lay useless curses on people. You have said countless times that Amadioha will kill people on this platform. Don't worry, you will be the one to do the head count in January to see how many Nairalanders that survived your curses.

Don't forget to come with at least 300,000 Body bags.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by Ifesinachi22(m): 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
What will happen to the loosers? Will they still deploy the 5G?

What about Glo and 9 mobile that is not even participating? Will they deploy the 5G as well?

I'm really confused...

1 Like

Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
No be to gather begin struggle price for who go buy 5G o!

Una go fit provide network for ordinary phone calls so?

MTN wey dey use edo witchcraft broom sweep person data dey even put mouth.

The one wey even shock me na Airtel. Them suppose sell that network use the proceeds play bet9ja.

2 Likes

Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by foxxydude: 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2021
Nigerians have invaded MAFAB website that they finished the website bandwidth grin

2 Likes

Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
Nigeria is probably the most corrupt country on earth. Why bid for 5g and milk millions from telecoms operators, when a price can be placed for license fee, so eligible companies can provide this service, and users can have multiple options?

New Zealand, a far more advanced, put their telecom license at 2million pound and Econet got the license. Nigeria used a bidding process and made millions of pounds, yet the common man derives no value from all these money. Sadly the citizens cannot think out of the box.

In the end Nigerian will suffer massively from the telecom providers for this extortion.
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by ActuaRise696969: 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2021
Why bid for a spectrum that every player will eventually be on? I like Glo for not participating in this fraud.

2 Likes

Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by Ifesinachi22(m): 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Amen.
Dem MANNA people you are.
Nigeria will succeed.

And for the pigs that say Nigeria will never be good
May Amadioha kill dem and dem people.
Foolish animals dey are.

you just finished eating watery beans at the Nairaland Correctional Facility.... Yet you are still filled with hate.

I think you deserve life sentence. This is the only way the Mods will clip your wings.

Nonsense and ingredients...

1 Like

Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by Ayomi90: 6:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
Zeuslord:
Talking 5G when 3G over here is not reliable
Who uses 3g, why spend money ND resources on 3g when it is obsolete?
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by anonymuz(m): 6:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
safesurfer:
Na wa. And I'm still using 3G phone.
Chai.
I'm using 4g+ my brother if you carry pot untop while working with it e go soup. I no need 5g I beg
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by chiedu7: 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
anonymuz:
I'm using 4g+ my brother if you carry pot untop while working with it e go soup. I no need 5g I beg
4G is best for Nija now.

5G is infrastructure heavy

1 Like

Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by Blakjewelry(m): 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
pappilo:
I am not into telecoms but I just wonder where and how these telcos are going to recoup the money spent on these licenses.

5G is really just a value added service and not revolutionary (yet) as claimed or sold The telcos will still have the same subscribers and the same growth rate, maybe a little higher but nothing to justify the high fees.

5G will be a decent revenue earner for them if it can provide constant high speed internet which can replace home broadband. If the anecdotal evidence from my friends and I in the western capital city I am based in is anything to go by, then I cant see that happening anytime soon.

So can anyone in the know educate me? Please dont tell me of all the nice things 5G will do in the future, tell me what it can do in the medium term (next 5yrs)
More speed means more expenditure plus more phone makers planning most of their product based on cloud base storage, beside do you know how much these telcos are making from data subscription?
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by GeorgeTheCoder: 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
pappilo:
I am not into telecoms but I just wonder where and how these telcos are going to recoup the money spent on these licenses.

5G is really just a value added service and not revolutionary (yet) as claimed or sold The telcos will still have the same subscribers and the same growth rate, maybe a little higher but nothing to justify the high fees.

5G will be a decent revenue earner for them if it can provide constant high speed internet which can replace home broadband. If the anecdotal evidence from my friends and I in the western capital city I am based in is anything to go by, then I cant see that happening anytime soon.

So can anyone in the know educate me? Please dont tell me of all the nice things 5G will do in the future, tell me what it can do in the medium term (next 5yrs)

They may be betting on economic growth from 2023 onwards when the Whitewalker leaves office; also it is better to have it and not necessarily use it than to let it fall into the hands of a competitor so everyone is making a bid.
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by lambsbread: 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2021
heniford2:
Good development people grin cheesy guys ur data of 10gg will not last up again undecided undecided because is fastness nobi here
Charges are by how much data consumed not by speed.
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
Ifesinachi22:
What will happen to the loosers? Will they still deploy the 5G?

What about Glo and 9 mobile that is not even participating? Will they deploy the 5G as well?

I'm really confused...

Our country have evil and heartless leaders. Instead of them to put a fixed price for a license, so that several players can deploy the technology and provide variety of options , they are opening up room for monopoly, so that they can cash out big time. The masses suffer for this bogus prices paid for in the bidding process, as whoever paid this must get their money back.

The bidding license probably lasts 2-5years, this gives whoever wins a massive head way. They then Bill the other operators, a fix price, for a license after some time, the others like Glo and 9 mobile are wise enough not to waste their resources in a sham bid.

New Zealands phone license was 2million dollars when MTN came into Nigeria. As long as you had the technology you could join the other players and provide options for their people. The same year Nigeria, an underveloped country , did a bidding process which ran into 100s of millions of dollars, yet her citizens did not feel the effect of these money, but instead suffered from MTN and the likes, and still suffer today for the injustice done by Government. One example is for every money you transfer you keep paying a charge, it does not happen in any other advanced country.

2 Likes

Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by Rochasstatue(f): 6:36pm On Dec 13, 2021
pappilo:

You know all these and you are still here.
I know your type.
In exams you spend an hour attempting one question out of a compulsory four, because you are carried away by a self serving sense of grandeur with some sprinkling of hubris.
You think those bidding for the licence are stvpid?
Anyway the bid has started in Abuja.
Remain here on nairaland forming Mourinho.
Oponu.
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by Femeto: 6:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
fergie0o1:
Previous Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6878239/5g-spectrum-auction-ncc-okay#108156985

MTN Communications Plc, Airtel and Mafab Communications all met the NCC's fixed reserve price for the 3.5GHz spectrum auction at $197.4 million (75 billion) naira.

SOURCE

@Olurounbi

SOURCE

The bid started this morning around 11am with the MTN team led by its Chief Executive officer, Karl Toriola; Mafab Communications led by its chairman, Alhaji Musibau Bashir, and Airtel led by Chief Financial officer, Mr S. Krishna Menon.

The auction is still ongoing.

Awon Ole. Na why them dey sell shares. The consumers would suffer.
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by CSTRR: 6:39pm On Dec 13, 2021
chiedu7:

4G is best for Nija now.

5G is infrastructure heavy
Yes, wait for the rest of the world to use it for 30 years before Nigerians can use it.

Don't enter government.
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by CaptainFM1: 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2021
Which one is Mafab now? And why giving MTN another license. A network that switched off for 2days in the whole country few weeks ago!
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by Nuheights(m): 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2021
lambsbread:
Charges are by how much data consumed not by speed.
More speed, definitely more data.
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by blowjohn(m): 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
Write4me:
Na this kind agency person suppose de work. A business oriented government agency....Salute!

Yes!
Like Nepa!
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by Adeymorla(m): 6:51pm On Dec 13, 2021
Where is my beloved globacom?

Get a side hustle. Learn how to make Lithium batteries on my Telegram page.

Join Lithium powerpacks on Telegram
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by tmtech: 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2021
pappilo:

They will make their profit over time . In Nigeria , we have very few high speed ISPs , so MTN can offer 5G to biznesses and homes and 5G has a much higher Utilisation that 4G , so it can accommodate more users while maintaining high upload and download speeds

New Zealand population is about 5million plus.

The 5G license in India for 1megahrtz is over 67million dollars .

MTN has millions of customers in Nigeria, prices of 5G phones are coming down and they will surely be selling routers with 5G speed soon.
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by genkins(m): 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2021
Jerry curl pastor and his brainwashed minions left the chat group
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by cucumbar: 7:00pm On Dec 13, 2021
temmyyem:
Nobody in the world has been able to provide any safety data, yet the world government are pushing for the implementation, they are saying data is the oil, he who control the data, control the world.

People should know that 5G will connect everything that can be connected, and that include humans.
na Wetin dem no know.
I didn’t see so much controversy about 4G. This people wan connect human beings to their grid.
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by elGenius: 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2021
Glo dey among them?
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 13, 2021
fergie0o1:
Previous Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6878239/5g-spectrum-auction-ncc-okay#108156985

MTN Communications Plc, Airtel and Mafab Communications all met the NCC's fixed reserve price for the 3.5GHz spectrum auction at $197.4 million (75 billion) naira.

SOURCE

@Olurounbi

SOURCE

The bid started this morning around 11am with the MTN team led by its Chief Executive officer, Karl Toriola; Mafab Communications led by its chairman, Alhaji Musibau Bashir, and Airtel led by Chief Financial officer, Mr S. Krishna Menon.

The auction is still ongoing.

No wonder MTN is dishing out shares just to meet up. Someone told me at about his experience with Nigerian companies's shares on how they always fall after the buying and they will never rise.

Please is there anyone here you have knowledge of foreign shares? That's foreign companies that i can buy their shares .
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by Wapgod(m): 7:06pm On Dec 13, 2021
prekumohtim:

No wonder MTN is dishing out shares just to meet up. Someone told me at about his experience with Nigerian companies's shares on how they always fall after the buying and they will never rise.

Please is there anyone here you have knowledge of foreign shares? That's foreign companies that i can buy their shares .
I do.
BUY APPLE, MICROSOFT, ATRIA HOLDINGS.
Re: 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m by chiedu7: 7:06pm On Dec 13, 2021
CSTRR:

Yes, wait for the rest of the world to use it for 30 years before Nigerians can use it.

Don't enter government.

Nope wait for 6G that should be less infrastructure heavy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Subscribers Spend N602.6 Billion On Calls In Five Months - NCC / Xiaomi Beats Samsung To Top Spot In India’s Smartphone Market / LG Homechat: Text Your Washing Machine, Vacuum Cleaner And Fridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.