Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,578 members, 7,865,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors (11557 Views)

State Governors, Others Consulted On Water Bill –FG / Coronavirus: FG Seeks National Assembly’s Approval For N500bn Intervention Fund / Public Finance Bill: 10 Things You Should Know About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by nedekid: 6:14am On Dec 14, 2021
PotatoSalad:
You'd think she's there with all seriousness, brainstorming ideas for betterment of the country's economy...
But it's 'Baby Sharkdodododo' playing over and over again in her head. angry
The amount of tax and double taxation collected in this country are enough to stop us from the frequent borrowings.

But cost of governance in Nigeria is high. Borrowing won't stop them from buying new lexus SUVs for judges and government officials every year.
A government project of 300m naira will be executed with 1bn.
A governor would rather use state budget for love bombings and favours instead of paying pensioners.

And they'll continue to look for more avenues for tax collection that will end up in their pockets
This is where someone like Obi makes a difference. How will a government Obi is associated with collect loan and use it to buy SUVs at twice the price? Or renovate national assembly for 50b etc.
I hear it is because of his legacy in anambra the state is debt free and is listed amongst the 3 or 4 states that can sustain themselves.
I believe there are many people with the same attributes in this country, in the SW, SE, SS (me I don't know about north oh shocked) but will they ever get a chance to perform?.

1 Like

Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by loswhite(m): 6:16am On Dec 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
FG always wait for these nonsense journalists to confuse us before making clarifications. Why cant FG always explain things well? Lai Mohammed and the Finance ministry are doing bad jobs.

The way the bes was initially reported, I thought it was fake cos of the shallow reporting style.

Well, these companies need to pay. One which would have made huge income is Binance. But since FG has banned crypto, too bad. Lol.
Is the companies that will pay or the individual patronizing those companies? I'm sure you don't even know what VAT is....SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by loswhite(m): 6:18am On Dec 14, 2021
Kuriosmynd:
Most Nigerians are fools and nonentities.
Government is making us pay unnecessary tax that will never be accountable and nobody is saying anything about the purpose of the tax.
We can't buy anything from internet any longer...Most of the goods have been taxed already but Naija govt is adding further tax for spending your money through ads, or buying digital stuff. And so many fools are blaming Facebook and Google?
Blame ur government cos ur government is using them to collect tax from our pocket...It doesn't affect Google or Facebook, but we are the one paying it ..Google and Facebook is just collecting it for the government and nobody is asking FG why it's doing so. No accountability just collect tax and chop

Useless govt and citizens
Bunch of Educated illiterate citizens.

1 Like

Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by History555: 6:29am On Dec 14, 2021
joey150:

What do the mods in this forum do?

It has become a hotbed and complicit channel for tribal vitriol and clashes.

Seun, you have to really step up to the task and take a firm stance against comments and users like this.

Learn to ignore attention seeking fools. The idiot is desperately seeking attention that's why he mentions lgbos in all his post. Ignore fools like him
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by yahmohy27: 6:31am On Dec 14, 2021
AntiBMC:
No wonder the rest of the world treats this country like a plague.. and welcomes every tiny opportunity to show them how effortlessly useless they are.

The worst govt in the history of Nigeria.
Countries no gree give them loan again... now they are trying to strangulate the already choking masses.

Maybe you are the mumu here cos this is welcome in every developed country. I mean this is how they started it too, we Nigerian many things for free go out and see how it is over there.
It is just a pity we have corrupted leaders to make nice use of fund harness for development
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by favour32(m): 6:48am On Dec 14, 2021
joey150:

What do the mods in this forum do?

It has become a hotbed and complicit channel for tribal vitriol and clashes.

Seun, you have to really step up to the task and take a firm stance against comments and users like this.
Na tribal matters nai dey generate traffic for Seun.
So, he nor do nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Doyou2019: 7:01am On Dec 14, 2021
Coldie:
2022 go funny I swear.

Gas prices are still high
Inflation still high
They want to remove fuel subsidies to make fuel high

Now this,

It's going to be the year or protests and revolution. These assholes in government are going to make revolutionaries out of docile Nigerians come 2022.
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by InoGetJoy: 7:02am On Dec 14, 2021
Una go suffer.
Shee una vote this man into power. The north rejected this man but the West, under Tinubu baptised him and foisted him on us. The same West is getting ready to foist another problem upon us
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by InoGetJoy: 7:07am On Dec 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
FG always wait for these nonsense journalists to confuse us before making clarifications. Why cant FG always explain things well? Lai Mohammed and the Finance ministry are doing bad jobs.

The way the bes was initially reported, I thought it was fake cos of the shallow reporting style.

Well, these companies need to pay. One which would have made huge income is Binance. But since FG has banned crypto, too bad. Lol.
we're the ones paying it, not the companies. All the companies will do is to add 7.5% on the prices of anything Nigerians buy from them.
Lolz.....oh, you didn't know we're still the ones that'll suffer for this rubbish? Hahahahahahahahahahahahajajahahahahahahah.....una neva start

1 Like

Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by ufotty2001: 7:08am On Dec 14, 2021
FavourWrites:
That's a good bill amendment though but that has got nothing to do with me. It must have something to do with you but who cares? Definitely not the commenter below me who shouldn't have left a comment.

But anyways, I am a content writer and it'll be cool if you gave me some gigs to work on for you. I'll be glad to show you samples of my work.
Learn how to pray for other people even though it doesn't have anything to do with you.. I make a living from Amazon! It affect me directly..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:08am On Dec 14, 2021
Eziokwu! Will this redeem the tremendous damage this hopeless government has done to Nigerian economy?
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Olam09(m): 7:10am On Dec 14, 2021
I think that's good, if you see as Amazon dey charge the shit out of me..

But it's just that it'll will still affect we people using Amazon because dem go remove am for our body..
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Kingmena: 7:12am On Dec 14, 2021
Nigeria no go do pass yourselves ooo, Maka isi ngbaka.
Do you have a business and your workers and business is stressing you out I have an ebook that will help you restructure your business to function effectively without your supervision and maximize profit. contact me for just 3k and I will also add you to a free business group
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Nasri100(m): 7:18am On Dec 14, 2021
Olam09:
I think that's good, if you see as Amazon dey charge the shit out of me..

But it's just that it'll will still affect we people using Amazon because dem go remove am for our body..

You are the ones to suffer. Amazon will just increase the prices of things you buy from them to cover up the tax. You think an established American company will pay tax to a shit hole Nigeria? Wake up.

Expect more increase in what you buy from Amazon son. It’s your money back to the government HAHAHA
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by adecz: 7:19am On Dec 14, 2021
Getting others to do their
work is the only thing this government
knows.

⏩Tax, taxing & more tax❎❎

⏩Borrow, borrowing and more borrowing❌❌
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:35am On Dec 14, 2021
FG might be looking at Fiverr and Upwork too.

Who knows, anything to make more funds is a welcome development to their ears.
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:37am On Dec 14, 2021
ufotty2001:

Learn how to pray for other people even though it doesn't have anything to do with you.. I make a living from Amazon! It affect me directly..
Funny enough, this might also affect someone closer to him.

All I'm trying to say is, most of the times, we fail to inquire for whom the bell tolls for, we believed it's none of our business but then the bells tolls for us some way.
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Mftivi: 7:43am On Dec 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

hahaha you think govt is taxing those companies ? No they are taxing you and I because it is the customers that pay VAT so if this goes through nigerians will pay more to buy goods despite the fact that dollar is already through the roof.
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Mftivi: 7:46am On Dec 14, 2021
PotatoSalad:
You'd think she's there with all seriousness, brainstorming ideas for betterment of the country's economy...
But it's 'Baby Sharkdodododo' playing over and over again in her head. angry
The amount of tax and double taxation collected in this country are enough to stop us from the frequent borrowings.

But cost of governance in Nigeria is high. Borrowing won't stop them from buying new lexus SUVs for judges and government officials every year.
A government project of 300m naira will be executed with 1bn.
A governor would rather use state budget for love bombings and favours instead of paying pensioners.

And they'll continue to look for more avenues for tax collection that will end up in their pockets
guy! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin e say na baby sharkdodododo, don't fvkin kill me grin

1 Like

Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by AntiBMC(m): 7:51am On Dec 14, 2021
yahmohy27:

Maybe you are the mumu here cos this is welcome in every developed country. I mean this is how they started it too, we Nigerian many things for free go out and see how it is over there.
It is just a pity we have corrupted leaders to make nice use of fund harness for development

From ur disjointed English, one can actually rate ur assimilation level...and it's very poor. So there's no need arguing with you.
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by omojeesu(m): 7:59am On Dec 14, 2021
Coldie:
2022 go funny I swear.

Gas prices are still high
Inflation still high
They want to remove fuel subsidies to make fuel high

Now this,

It's the way the world especially here will go:

- Increasing debt burden

- Engineered economic collapse

To usher in the New World Order.

Global wealth will move more and more into the hands of the Elites from bottom up. They will have more power to control, oppress and exploit our common wealth - their permanent goal and dream. That's the plan coordinated by their master, the god of this world.

Covid19 is a major key to achieving this: lock them up. Destroy small & medium scale businesses. Allow the monopolies to operate. Give / Hand out covid "reliefs". Give a breathing space. Enter a variant. Lock down again....

Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, George Soros, etc promoting covid19 narratives have tremendously increased their wealth in the last 24 months.
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by omojeesu(m): 8:14am On Dec 14, 2021
Doyou2019:

It's going to be the year or protests and revolution. These assholes in government are going to make revolutionaries out of docile Nigerians come 2022.

That's part of the plan:

Create chaos. Justify response in the name of "national security". Declare state of emergency. No elections....

This is the arrangee plan in line with their master globalists overall end times strategies.

Most parts of the world will be in turmoil in the years ahead to usher in the New World Order.

Solution: Hide yourself in Jesus. Live by the leading of the Holy Spirit. Do away with religion.
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Ttalk: 8:47am On Dec 14, 2021
Nigerians ain't seen nothing yet. By the time our creditors mount pressure on wasteful government for loan taken that's when Nigerisns would know what they are into.

From the way things are going, expect government to reintroduce toll gate in Federal roads from next year
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Coldie(m): 9:05am On Dec 14, 2021
Doyou2019:

Nothing will happen, if northerners that bandits se killing 247 can stage a protest and back out simply because Buhari is there brother should u expect anything?
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Allahismad: 9:20am On Dec 14, 2021
chatinent:

Sense is not for everyone. Anyways, I am still available for Turnitin-friendly research writing services.

Maybe allah needs more blood as he is becoming anaemic. We can never know the mystery behind all these bloodshed that does not show any sign of abating.
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 14, 2021
Mftivi:
hahaha you think govt is taxing those companies ? No they are taxing you and I because it is the customers that pay VAT so if this goes through nigerians will pay more to buy goods despite the fact that dollar is already through the roof.
You are right in a sense, but in the real sense, is tax not to be paid? Let's be truthful. And it's for VAT. It's for a service rendered not just for using it free. If it's a feee software, it wont matter. There should be more education on this thing. Ifs why I said govt needs to do more. Those companies are making money seriously. Either way, they pay part of the part too...not just the clients.
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Olam09(m): 9:40am On Dec 14, 2021
Nasri100:

You are the ones to suffer. Amazon will just increase the prices of things you buy from them to cover up the tax. You think an established American company will pay tax to a shit hole Nigeria? Wake up.

Expect more increase in what you buy from Amazon son. It’s your money back to the government HAHAHA

Amazon self na scam, if i tell you say i dey pay tax for america and i no reside for there oo.. their shipping fee are very expensive asf!
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Eddisboi(m): 10:02am On Dec 14, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
The Finance Bill is proposing an amendment to section 10 of the VAT, by introducing a new section 10, putting the burden of VAT on non-resident digital companies rather than non-resident individuals.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/500716-finance-bill-nigerian-govt-seeks-to-make-amazon-others-vat-collectors.html
This people in government are insane ���
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 14, 2021
If they cannot tax internet earnings they aren't taxing anything.

Taxing Facebook and Amazon to collect VAT or other dues is a very small percentage of how FG can earn income from the internet.

Don't they know the big earners from the internet ??
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Tundex911: 11:24am On Dec 14, 2021
This administration is totally confused...

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Abedfff14: 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
hmmnZ, madam minister of finance, well done undecided
Re: Finance Bill: FG Seeks To Make Amazon, Others VAT Collectors by Mftivi: 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

You are right in a sense, but in the real sense, is tax not to be paid? Let's be truthful. And it's for VAT. It's for a service rendered not just for using it free. If it's a feee software, it wont matter. There should be more education on this thing. Ifs why I said govt needs to do more. Those companies are making money seriously. Either way, they pay part of the part too...not just the clients.
where is the impact of tax in our country ? They have not utilized citizens taxes properly and they are looking for new ways to collect more tax

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy: Labour Fumes As IMF Warns FG Against Fresh Borrowings / Economic Hardship: There Is A Slow Revolt Around The Country - Agbakoba / Minimum Wage: We Won’t Shift Ground On ₦‎615,000 Demand, Says Labour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.