Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) (31151 Views)

Help! Black Spots On My Foot. / Pleas What Is This On My Foot / Guys Please What Kind Of Growth Is This?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by boxer022(m): 5:52am On Dec 15, 2021
Go to a hospital and ask them if it is already late to take tetanus injection. You would have taken it the day you stepped on the nail, as the nail must have been there for sometime and since you said it is from a trash it must have been contaminated.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Farmguy: 8:37am On Dec 15, 2021
What if I told you you will cut of that leg finally ....

1. Nail from a dump site can contain viruses that have not even been discovered and you are being negligent

2. You use hot oil to massage it ... who does that
3 . You did not even mention tetanus injections

4. Time is going ...its past a week already ..
Am not wishing you bad bro .
Good luck .
Mikester:
Good evening, I posted this here cause of traffic. Pls help me out. Thanks.

I have this issue that has been bothering me. A dirty nail from a garbage heap at a site I went to work punctured my right foot last 2 weeks both front and middle of my right leg. I yanked it out causing little of the blood to flow out and I managed to walk to get a bus back to my hometown.

On arrival, I heat up a little cover of red oil on a knife and applied it at the two spots and afterwards closed up the injury with the knife, bearing the pain the whole while.

Eventually, Last week about two - five days, I could walk a bit well but after some time, the pain started to get back and now for the past three days, the leg began swelling up to what we have in the picture.

I consulted a pharmacist and she gave me some drugs including ampiclox (don't know if I got the spelling right) assuring me it will work.

I begun the dosage yesterday but I am a bit worried cause the swelling begun some days ago when I tried using hot water to try quicken the healing.

I just want to be sure if the hot water isn't going to negate the effects of the drugs I'm taking cause I'm in pains here. Thanks for your submissions.

Lalasticlala, Ishilove, pls help for more audience.

1 Like

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Daytrader1: 9:38am On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

I have this issue that has been bothering me. A dirty nail from a garbage heap at a site I went to work punctured my right foot last 2 weeks both front and middle of my right leg. I yanked it out causing little of the blood to flow out and I managed to walk to get a bus back to my hometown.

On arrival, I heat up a little cover of red oil on a knife and applied it at the two spots and afterwards closed up the injury with the knife, bearing the pain the whole while.

Eventually, Last week about two - five days, I could walk a bit well but after some time, the pain started to get back and now for the past three days, the leg began swelling up to what we have in the picture.

I consulted a pharmacist and she gave me some drugs including ampiclox (don't know if I got the spelling right) assuring me it will work.

I begun the dosage yesterday but I am a bit worried cause the swelling begun some days ago when I tried using hot water to try quicken the healing.

I just want to be sure if the hot water isn't going to negate the effects of the drugs I'm taking cause I'm in pains here. Thanks for your submissions.

Pls help for more audience.

Take a tetanus injection very very important
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by eddyfranco(m): 11:36am On Dec 15, 2021
tetanus shot should be expedient at this point o
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:39am On Dec 15, 2021
You should have taken a tetanus shot immediately. Not late though.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Aremson14(m): 11:39am On Dec 15, 2021
My jnr bro had d same issue not too long ago, even got to the hospital and still didn't subside after taking recommended drugs. Finally decided on going to a different hospital and da recommended better drugs and it helped. My advice go to a good hospital
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by alexvic12: 11:42am On Dec 15, 2021
Bros, that injury is infected. Please go to a proper hospital for diagnosis and treatment.

You said the nail was from a refuse dump. Can you imagine the different types of microorganisms there?

Don't joke with it ooo!

If it gets worse gangrene may set in and you know what comes next.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by drimzsmoke(m): 11:43am On Dec 15, 2021
Ugmama:
The red oil and hot knife, please what is it for?

Bros, what you need most is get vaccinated with a shot (Tetanus vaccine)

Thank you
In those days,before antibiotics became widespread,it was used in preventing infection of the foot from punctured wounds
He tried it and his foot still got infected cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by ekukeku(m): 11:43am On Dec 15, 2021
Stop playing football under tree
Dis happened to m long tym ago until I stop it
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by MiaBeer(m): 11:44am On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

A pharmacy is there to give you medication that was prescribed by a doctor. The devil pushed you first to the pharmacist instead of the clinic or hospital.
Find yourself again in a hospital and take it from there. Let’s us know how you’re doing. Hope you get better.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by 360command: 11:44am On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

go to an immunization centre or government hospital and request for tetanus vaccine. Go get yourself vaccinated.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 11:45am On Dec 15, 2021
MufasaLion:
You consulted a pharmacist? You must be a clown.

Dude, go to a clinic and meet a physician. Pharmacists are to dispense drugs, not to be consulted on diagnosis.
But all medical practitioners are trained and allowed to offer basic clinical services so how is he a clown for consulting one?
His case isn't serious, and over the counter prescription can easily work without issues.
It is only our lack of sincerity that makes some medical practitioners not to know when to refer a case beyond their scope.

2 Likes

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Nonexisting: 11:46am On Dec 15, 2021
Get tetanus injection immediately, in fact right now. After that, you can continue whatever treatment you are doing.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Pufpuf(m): 11:47am On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

Go and pay a doctor to treat you.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by ImoleNaija: 11:47am On Dec 15, 2021
Funnily, most NLers would make a mountain out of your molehill.

Quick recovery
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by kingscare1(m): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2021
MufasaLion:
You consulted a pharmacist? You must be a clown.

Dude, go to a clinic and meet a physician. Pharmacists are to dispense drugs, not to be consulted on diagnosis.

Stupid and heartless somebody. How you tend to others must surely come back to you in hundred folds.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by HEAVEN4444: 11:52am On Dec 15, 2021
you sef you dey do bricklayer work with bathroom slippers

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Nyanabo(m): 11:52am On Dec 15, 2021
Tetanus injection I believe would do you a lot more good. I remember few years ago when I went to my family house for the holidays, my cousin was pricked by a rusted nail and she didn't blet anyone know.

Few days later when she couldn't hide it anymore because of the pains on her foot and also her head (yes her head, like she explained it was like a 100ton weight was placed on her head) when we rushed her to the hospital she was give the injection and the doctor said she could of died because the virus has found it's way into her brain.

Never self medicate go and see a doctor not a pharmacist.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by ahnie: 11:54am On Dec 15, 2021
U dey even bleach sef,come injure on top.
Pls continue with the drugs and leave that your self approved native treatment.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by jomoh: 11:55am On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

Stop using hot water to massage it. It’s an open wound. From personal experience, hot water on wound that was open will make it swell. The water will find its way inside the wound and form puss.

Use iron with cloth. Use the iron to heat up the cloth and use it on the wound.

Make sure you don’t skip the ampiclox. Try and get Vitamin C and be using it(it helps in fast healing of wound).

If you can visit an hospital would be better and ensure you get tetanus injection.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Betboss(m): 11:56am On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

I received one yesterday's morning.
That's where your mistake lies. The first you do when a sharp object like nails and the likes punctures you leg is to get a tetanus shot. It's very important.

If its not too late, don't worry, the swellings will subside and the wound will heal in one to 2 months.

Mine healed in two months then resurfaced with a swelling after a year before dieing a natural death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by AgentGoat: 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2021
Go hospital my friend. Make them give you tetanus injection and dress the wound goddamnit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Oyiboman69: 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

look for the surface and cut it wide open so as to remove any dirt inside. After that,you can apply aboniki rub on the surrounding and remember to take becham ampiclox and any mixed pain relief and that's all... the problem you're having now is because there's some contaminated fluid inside,and in addition, it takes too long before using the hot knife and oil method which is always done immediately after the sustained injury...good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by 1bunne4lif(m): 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

go get anti tetanus toxide shot
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by ayotade09(m): 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2021
The hot water you applied was the biggest mistake you made just continue using the hot nige and red oil and use hot stone too to massage to you can collect anti tetanus injection too get well soon
Mikester:
Good tevening, I posted this here cause of traffic. Pls help me out. Thanks.

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Sonofagun1: 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2021
What you have is Gout arthritis. It is a build up of uric acid. See a sound medical Doctor for further examination as a lot of them do not know anything, especially the ones barking on Nairaland. You might be given allopurinol or colchicine with some NSAIDS and some dietary advice.

1 Like

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by kingsleyds(m): 12:06pm On Dec 15, 2021
Please don’t joke with little things like this. I had a similar experience with a small nose boil last week which almost cost me my life. I don’t even trust all this pharmacy at all.

After two days of taking antibiotics prescribed by pharmacist.. there was no improvement, my nose kept swelling. After waking up from sleep on the third day, I noticed the swelling has extended to one part of faces, I hardly see with my right eyes. I had to rush to hospital immediately. When the doctor saw me, she immediately admitted me and I was place on IV antibiotics injection and drip which lasted for 5 days. I was pains and also was constantly placed on painkillers injections or drugs.

Just this morning, I completed my routine IV injection and drip. My wound hasn’t perfectly healed but the pains are gone and I am to report to hospital everyday for dressing and cleaning of the wound.

1 Like

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by TinaG(f): 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2021
[quote author=Mikester post=108500286]Good evening, I posted this here cause of traffic. Pls help me out. Thanks.

Oga why didn't you take tetanus injection when you got home? I just pray the wound sure hasn't been infected. Go strategy to the hospital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2021
kingscare1:

Stupid and heartless somebody. How you tend to others must surely come back to you in hundred folds.
Lol, some people think sey na everywhere dr dey for our society, you can even take some drugs without prescription, that's why it's written that if symptoms persist after some days, talk to a Dr.
My mum went to a general hospital in Lagos (Alimosho, one of the biggest and well staffed), she was given an appointment of 9month to see a Dr, on her second complaint (she made 2complaints), she was given 3months.
My wife delivered at a gen hospital in another state, during antenatal, they don't meet with a dr, you only wait after every process if you have any reason to see the Dr, which is usually 1person on duty to attend to all intending mothers. After delivery, no one (Dr or others) met with my wife and other mothers to check on them before discharge.
About 3 mothers that delivered that midnight were discharge before 12noon.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by candidbabe(f): 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2021
I had a fall on okada on the 25th of Nov and I have got serious injuries at the back of my feet and legs.

Met a pharmacist for the treatment of my wounds and he was just giving me drugs from his counter not allowing me to go to other pharmacies to get drugs.

As in he was using me to sell his drugs.
After a week and a half I met a student doctor that is now treating the wounds and I can say that the guy is doing better than the pharmacist.

As you are taking the ampiclox, include pain relieving drugs like dolo meta b and Diclofenac,
For the swelling to disappear in one day take predisolone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by loadedvibes: 12:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
Lol
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Oizee(f): 12:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
This op is very funny, instead of u to go take tt immediately, u decided to be doing local treatment.... quick recovery to u o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boy Who Was Declared "Dead” Recovers (Photos) / Sunmolu Beckley Honoured In Canada, A Street Named After Him (PICS) / COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.