Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) (31156 Views)

Help! Black Spots On My Foot. / Pleas What Is This On My Foot / Guys Please What Kind Of Growth Is This?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by loadedvibes: 12:15pm On Dec 15, 2021
See as you dey confidently spill ignorance all over the thread. And people are liking your post.
MufasaLion:
You consulted a pharmacist? You must be a clown.

Dude, go to a clinic and meet a physician. Pharmacists are to dispense drugs, not to be consulted on diagnosis.

1 Like

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by candidbabe(f): 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
[quote author=TinaG post=108518947][/quote]

Pharmacists are evil aswear

They nearly ruined my life
Had it been I didn't pick race.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Olam09(m): 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:
Good evening, I posted this here cause of traffic. Pls help me out. Thanks.

I have this issue that has been bothering me. A dirty nail from a garbage heap at a site I went to work punctured my right foot last 2 weeks both front and middle of my right leg. I yanked it out causing little of the blood to flow out and I managed to walk to get a bus back to my hometown.

On arrival, I heat up a little cover of red oil on a knife and applied it at the two spots and afterwards closed up the injury with the knife, bearing the pain the whole while.

Eventually, Last week about two - five days, I could walk a bit well but after some time, the pain started to get back and now for the past three days, the leg began swelling up to what we have in the picture.

I consulted a pharmacist and she gave me some drugs including ampiclox (don't know if I got the spelling right) assuring me it will work.

I begun the dosage yesterday but I am a bit worried cause the swelling begun some days ago when I tried using hot water to try quicken the healing.

I just want to be sure if the hot water isn't going to negate the effects of the drugs I'm taking cause I'm in pains here. Thanks for your submissions.

Pls help for more audience.

Go see the doctor asap! Or else it'll result to tetanus and it may ruin your whole leg.. i pray your leg don't get amputated. ��

1 Like

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by realtalk19: 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

I have this issue that has been bothering me. A dirty nail from a garbage heap at a site I went to work punctured my right foot last 2 weeks both front and middle of my right leg. I yanked it out causing little of the blood to flow out and I managed to walk to get a bus back to my hometown.

On arrival, I heat up a little cover of red oil on a knife and applied it at the two spots and afterwards closed up the injury with the knife, bearing the pain the whole while.

Eventually, Last week about two - five days, I could walk a bit well but after some time, the pain started to get back and now for the past three days, the leg began swelling up to what we have in the picture.

I consulted a pharmacist and she gave me some drugs including ampiclox (don't know if I got the spelling right) assuring me it will work.

I begun the dosage yesterday but I am a bit worried cause the swelling begun some days ago when I tried using hot water to try quicken the healing.

I just want to be sure if the hot water isn't going to negate the effects of the drugs I'm taking cause I'm in pains here. Thanks for your submissions.

What you are supposed to take first is tetanus injection.i hope it wunt get worse.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Ofadaman(m): 12:25pm On Dec 15, 2021
Go to the hospital, you also need to get a tetanus shot too
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Tinax(f): 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2021
Be wasting time there... until it’s too late. You will start blaming villagers while na your carelessness undecided
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Ofadaman(m): 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2021
Not to scare you but if you get a tetanus infection and it's bound with your Neuro system, there's nothing you can do again, the moment you get punctured by a Rusty nail or any items , go for tetanus shot(if you haven't taken one in the last 10yrs). Tetanus is dangerous and you can't cure it if you get infected, you're going to die no two ways about it. Also be sure, it's not infected, if it gets to your bloodstream it might lead to a septic shock.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Rooyyaallttyy: 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2021
You ought to have taken tetanus injection.
Mikester:

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Tzar(m): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2021
I hope the pharmacist gave you anti tetanus injection too. Anti-biotics and anti-infammation drugs may not be sufficient o!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Presido44: 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

Please, try as much as possible to receive tetanus injection and kindly see a proper physician especially one from a general hospital. Don't take anything for granted when it comes to your health. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Malawian(m): 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2021
If na for preek that thing do you, I for say make you leave am first.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Jackson105: 12:43pm On Dec 15, 2021
MufasaLion:

Dude, go to a clinic and meet a physician. Pharmacists are to dispense drugs, not to be consulted on diagnosis.

You are the clown here, you think Pharmacy spend 6 years in school just to dispense drugs, you urgently need brain.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by MufasaLion: 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2021
Jackson105:

You are the clown here, you think Pharmacy spend 6 years in school just to dispense drugs, you urgently need brain.

Shut up! Are they to diagnose?
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by MufasaLion: 12:47pm On Dec 15, 2021
kingscare1:

Stupid and heartless somebody. How you tend to others must surely come back to you in hundred folds.

You're an ignoramus creature. I give no fvck! Get off my mentions.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by MufasaLion: 12:48pm On Dec 15, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

But all medical practitioners are trained and allowed to offer basic clinical services so how is he a clown for consulting one?
His case isn't serious, and over the counter prescription can easily work without issues.
It is only our lack of sincerity that makes some medical practitioners not to know when to refer a case beyond their scope.

In a country filled with quack and shit, he shouldn't risk his leg/life for anything.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by quickly: 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

What a stupid thing u did by heating it with a hot knife

You could lose ur foot because of tetanus or the bacteria you introduced

That y it’s swelling

You better go to a doctor and they will give you some injections to fight tetanus
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Jackson105: 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2021
MufasaLion:

Shut up! Are they to diagnose?

You too shut up.

Pharmacist are trained to diagnose and treat minor infections, isnt it obvious that the swollen is as a result of infection?

Community Pharmacists treat far more complicated cases than that everyday.

I think you should check the curriculum of Pharmacist in training in Nigeria school, instead of displaying your ignorance on a public forum.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by candidbabe(f): 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2021
A pharmacist told me to press my open wounds with hot water because of the swelling where as, a doctor advised me no to try such.

I repeat pharmacists don't know jack about treatment of wounds.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by MufasaLion: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2021
Jackson105:

You too shut up.

Pharmacist are trained to diagnose and treat minor infections, isnt it obvious that the swollen is as a result of infection?

Community Pharmacists treat far more complicated cases than that everyday.

I think you should check the curriculum of Pharmacist in training in Nigeria school, instead of displaying your ignorance on a public forum.

You're still talking trash.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by freshalien: 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2021
purpinkx:
I think you might need a tetanus shot... to be on the safe side.

Exactly! OP go to the hospital and take tetanus injection, make you no go die because of rusted nail or dem amputate your leg.

1 Like

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Kajaard: 12:55pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

I received one yesterday's morning.

Good. My mind is now at rest knowing you have gotten the tetanus injection.

The ampiclox is an antibiotic and will do the healing, just make sure you complete the dose. For the pains use diclofenac.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by descarado: 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

Uploaded now.
What happens to tetanus shot?

Go and take that immediately before anything else. The so called pharmacist should have known better.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:02pm On Dec 15, 2021
Na wa for you o.why did you not take tetanus injection when it happened .dont you know that it has infected your legs already .
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by descarado: 1:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
Ofadaman:
Not to scare you but if you get a tetanus infection and it's bound with your Neuro system, there's nothing you can do again, the moment you get punctured by a Rusty nail or any items , go for tetanus shot(if you haven't taken one in the last 10yrs). Tetanus is dangerous and you can't cure it if you get infected, you're going to die no two ways about it. Also be sure, it's not infected, if it gets to your bloodstream it might lead to a septic shock.
The guy is so dull. Even uneducated people in the village will go for tetanus shot first before anything else. Hope nothing happens to him. He must have learnt his lesson.
It's only in Nigeria nurses, pharmacists and traders diagnose and prescribed mediations.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Maximus85(m): 1:05pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

Go take anti tetanus injection immediately.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by delzbaba(m): 1:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
Why would you use hot knife to close a wound, thats the mistake you made.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by spiceadole: 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
MufasaLion:

Are you surprised?
Nigerians have a problem with consulting doctors in the clinic.
They rather take all sorts of medications in the chemist or Pharmacies.
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by spiceadole: 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2021
Ugmama:
The red oil and hot knife, please what is it for?

Bros, what you need most is get vaccinated with a shot (Tetanus vaccine)

Thank you

The red oil and hot knife is his own TT.
Clown!
If Tetanus visits him, he will understand
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by Ikemoneyman: 1:17pm On Dec 15, 2021
Mikester:

Go take tetanus injection and continue with your medication
Re: Guys Please I Need Your Advice Concerning My Foot. (photos) by zinaunreal(m): 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2021
Go to a hospital be fore you loose your entire feet. What kind of useless first aid did you five yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sunmolu Beckley Honoured In Canada, A Street Named After Him (PICS) / COVID-19: Lockdown Or No Lockdown - Which Side Are You? / Man Suffers Severe Burns After Using Aftershave With Manipulated Expiry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.