Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,157 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) (26752 Views)

Local Boxing Tournament In The North (dambe Sport) (video/pictures) / Ebosetale Okhueleigbe Wins International Golf Tournament In Tanzania / Nigerian-born Boxer Bilal Fawaz Who Chose England Over Nigeria Faces Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 15, 2021
Congratulations to Him there are Lots more like him even better wasting Away because of The evil Fvckers in charge of Affairs..

2 Likes

Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by Anonymoususher: 8:49am On Dec 15, 2021
Reminds me of queen of katwe
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by DropsMic(m): 8:55am On Dec 15, 2021
Nosayer:

It's more than a story. It's a real life event that happened yesterday. Go on Twitter and search for Tunde Onakoya. Youths really have a lot of work to do repairing this country. We have the brains already, we just need the will to do so.

Read to understand bro
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by SonofGod231: 9:05am On Dec 15, 2021
I so much love this initiative...more kids need to be engaged in meaningful things like chess and other board games...It will do them more good.

2 Likes

Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by bolabadmus38: 9:05am On Dec 15, 2021
Honestly a lot of these boys under Oshodi and other Bridges or living in slums are born with various talents. The Government especially the local Government should be very close to them and reorientate them. Discover them and help them. Most of them are ready to live a better life

2 Likes

Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by dreu2fine(m): 9:27am On Dec 15, 2021
TimmyTen:
This picture broke my heart with mixed feelings.
He is too young to be a bus conductor at the same time I’m happy for the Champ.

May this win turn things around and open more doors for him.
Welcome to the gallery Boy!

e is not young bro
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by Ayo081(m): 9:46am On Dec 15, 2021
brainpulse:
Great! Part of the main responsibilities of the church towards social welfare, the needed and community development , instead they are competing with who buys private jet and luxury cars.

Exactly my thoughts when I came across the thread
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by davidodiba(m): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2021
There is no Nairalander that can beat me in chess game....
I live Chess...I am a Chess...ian!
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by Nosayer: 9:49am On Dec 15, 2021
DropsMic:

Read to understand bro

I understand bro and I was using that to make a point on the thread itself.
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by Ayo081(m): 9:50am On Dec 15, 2021
Enceladus:
A diamond in the rough. Sanwo-Olu should do the needful please.

Almost every day I see those boys sleeping on the bridge undecided it's sad, some of them have to sell nose masks or beg undecided

1 Like

Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by Okeedu(m): 9:50am On Dec 15, 2021
Nice feat,congratulations man
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by abidragon: 9:53am On Dec 15, 2021
nice work bro congratulations
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by InoGetJoy: 9:53am On Dec 15, 2021
I'm loving this. He'll go places if given the opportunity
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by techWriter5: 10:10am On Dec 15, 2021
OkI hope this will change his life positively... Ah, check my PROFILE if you need help with your dissertation, assignment, or thesis.
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by bn2murphy(m): 10:28am On Dec 15, 2021
film3four:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgPgPbU6fjs

18-Year-Old Bus Conductor Wins Chess Tournament In Oshodi

A teenager, Adeoye Fawaz, has emerged a double champion in Chess and Mental Maths at a tournament held in Oshodi, Lagos.

Am nearly move to tears with joy for this guy, not for anything but for the joy expression on his face and the people from the constituency.
Am of the believe that the person organizing this games is doing a great job.
He deserves national award

The tournament is the brainchild of Chess In Slums Initiative, an organisation dedicated to engaging children and other young people living in slums.

Adeoye had revealed that he wanted to become a comedian and musician but works as a bus conductor now.

Credit: Twitter | Tunde Onakoya

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXfdj-VqS-K/?utm_medium=copy_link

Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by AdemolaA2: 10:43am On Dec 15, 2021
DropsMic:
The kind of story Hollywood loves

Exactly my thoughts..

You'd be shocked to learn that the story actually emanated from naija when they tell it their movie..
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by 2rez: 10:44am On Dec 15, 2021
This is exemplary. Give the so called government's errand boys good & enabling environment & see the wonders they are made of but unfortunately, Nigerian leaders (both past & present), indisputably from the pit of hell, who reside in devil's mansion & calling the nefarious shots would rather prefer to devastate promising destinies of other people's kids & by so doing, they derive utmost joy from doing that. Na ogun go killl all of them...

Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by nuelyoyo(m): 11:11am On Dec 15, 2021
Nice one, reminds me of the movie: Queen of Kwate
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by Yankee101: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2021
A chess master does conductor boy jobs to survive
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by hofeshhomes: 11:34am On Dec 15, 2021
This story is heart warming.
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by wwwtortoise(m): 11:58am On Dec 15, 2021
Nice initiative!

Kudos to the young champ.

Just this morning I was frantically searching the web for a nearby chess club to join. My love for the board game is crazy.

Ps: anyone with an idea of a chess club around/within FESTAC ?
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by davidigomanel: 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2021
Wonderful....i love chess game!!!
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by Jeffersonagain(m): 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2021
The only reason why a brainiac and a possible World Chess Champion sees being a bus conductor as a worthy endeavor is because Lagos has unfortunately made oluomo a role model.
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by Christistruth00: 1:33pm On Dec 15, 2021
They should take the Tournament all over the State and Produce a State Champion
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by snoopz: 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2021
giving these kids a sense of belonging is just wonderful and good kudos to the organizers
Re: Adeoye Fawaz, Bus Conductor, Wins Chess Tournament In Lagos (Video, Pictures) by Testimony1988(m): 4:33pm On Dec 15, 2021
Congrats to him, he really made good use of his talent.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi On FIFA Best Player Shortlist / Arsenal Agrees £6.8m For Henry Onyekuru / Betting Is After MY LIFE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.