Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,820 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Is History About To Repeat Itself? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is History About To Repeat Itself? (772 Views)

Kogi: APC Is History, My Name Is Daniel, I Befriend & Subdue Lions- Dino Melaye / APC Apologises To "Kankara Boys", Says Incident Won’t Repeat Itself / NASS Leadership: What Happened In 2015 Might Repeat Itself, Saraki Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is History About To Repeat Itself? by xcel20001: 5:27am On Dec 16, 2021
Looking back from the time of independence to date, a trend has been in existence. Scholars of history, the average Nigerian and even the layman can easily decipher this trend which is almost certain to repeat itself between 2022 and 2023. When you look at the past Nigerian rulers (I refuse to call any of them leaders for obvious reasons) from Independence to date, majority have been from the North and only a few from the South. Here's a bit of what I observed and it has to do with the SW. No politician from the SW with an obsession to rule the country has ever fulfilled that obsession (maybe obsession is too strong a word to describe it but I hope you get what I mean). From Pa Awo to Falae to MKO, none was able to achieve the goal. In my opinion, Obasanjo was made President by the Northern oligarchs in 1999 not because he had an obsession to rule and same can be said of his emergence as a military ruler in 1976. We've come a full circle and another SW politician is and has been scheming to rule Nigeria. If history repeats itself, as we have witnessed a couple of times, then several scenarios may play out here but with the same result.

So, will history repeat itself or will the jinx be broken? What are the likely scenarios that could possibly play out here?

Have your say! Be objective and not sentimental.
Re: Is History About To Repeat Itself? by Noblechykk(m): 5:48am On Dec 16, 2021
Nigerian politics has always been unpredictable; No matter what anybody thinks, Tinubu is a force as far as 2023 is concerned but like you asked, I think History is about to repeat itself.
Re: Is History About To Repeat Itself? by Comedian2019: 5:59am On Dec 16, 2021
If Nigerians can't think of a digital age person to lead them come 2023, then I'll give up on Nigeria.
How people with brains still campaign for people who ought to be relaxing with their loot, to come and rule them again is what I can't understand.
If only we voters know that when we vote for this guys, protection of our lives becomes their responsibility. You can't elect a criminal and expect him to lead right. Criminals would remain criminals, even when you make them leaders.

It's high time we start listing their names.

Falz
Sowore
Aisha Yesufu
Pls add your own.
We must get it right now, or we forget about it.
Re: Is History About To Repeat Itself? by helinues: 6:07am On Dec 16, 2021
Early morning bunkum from those who have no balls to contest this same presidency.

If we can't have it mentality dem
Re: Is History About To Repeat Itself? by SwissMass: 6:10am On Dec 16, 2021
Baby factory criminals and victim mentality.
Re: Is History About To Repeat Itself? by ige101(m): 6:23am On Dec 16, 2021
xcel20001:
Looking back from the time of independence to date, a trend has been in existence. Scholars of history, the average Nigerian and even the layman can easily decipher this trend which is almost certain to repeat itself between 2022 and 2023. When you look at the past Nigerian rulers (I refuse to call any of them leaders for obvious reasons) from Independence to date, majority have been from the North and only a few from the South. Here's a bit of what I observed and it has to do with the SW. No politician from the SW with an obsession to rule the country has ever fulfilled that obsession (maybe obsession is too strong a word to describe it but I hope you get what I mean). From Pa Awo to Falae to MKO, none was able to achieve the goal. In my opinion, Obasanjo was made President by the Northern oligarchs in 1999 not because he had an obsession to rule and same can be said of his emergence as a military ruler in 1976. We've come a full circle and another SW politician is and has been scheming to rule Nigeria. If history repeats itself, as we have witnessed a couple of times, then several scenarios may play out here but with the same result.

So, will history repeat itself or will the jinx be broken? What are the likely scenarios that could possibly play out here?

Have your say! Be objective and not sentimental.

Forget history, with the right alliance especially with the northern cacaus, and the billion loots stacked somewhere he can achieve anything
Re: Is History About To Repeat Itself? by GidiCars: 7:00am On Dec 16, 2021
Tinubu is only deceiving himself. If Buhari contests for a second term against Tinubu, I will vote Buhari again.

People saying it cannot happen, na small thing big man dey use fall. Tinubu is no exception. With all what he has, what has he achieved or done for YÒRÚBAs??

He will just be another Obasanjo that will try to pacify the North during his tenure so as to get a second term. Like Tinubu, like Obasanjo, many YÒRÚBA Obas, politicians, they're all traitors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDKXRt9JYPs
Re: Is History About To Repeat Itself? by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 16, 2021
Comedian2019:
If Nigerians can't think of a digital age person to lead them come 2023, then I'll give up on Nigeria.
How people with brains still campaign for people who ought to be relaxing with their loot, to come and rule them again is what I can't understand.
If only we voters know that when we vote for this guys, protection of our lives becomes their responsibility. You can't elect a criminal and expect him to lead right. Criminals would remain criminals, even when you make them leaders.

It's high time we start listing their names.

Falz
Sowore
Aisha Yesufu
Pls add your own.
We must get it right now, or we forget about it.

I gave up on Nigerians in 2015 when a relic was voted in from among a plethora of intelligent, forward thinking candidates.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do People Practice Their Algorithm With Nairaland.com? / TB:Unlike Sanwo-Olu, I’ll Probe Tinubu’s Alpha Beta, Lagos Finances-Jimi Agbaje / South South: Compare Buhari To Ur Own Governor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.