Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) (4210 Views)

Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. / The Difference Between North Korea And South Korea / Ambode Is Building Pedestrian Bridge At Magodo-Alausa Secretariat Bus-stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 7:50am On Dec 16, 2021
Good morning, I’m planning to relocate to a very sane area, I have two options which is lekki and magodo. So I wan to know the cost of living, security assurance, and other benefits in both area. Thank you and do have a wonderful day ahead
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by TeeGentle(m): 7:55am On Dec 16, 2021
here to learn
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by harqinhola(m): 8:10am On Dec 16, 2021
The 3 most secured areas in Lagos .
1. Magodo Estate (not outside)
2. Surulere ( excluding lawanson, ijesha and beyond)
3. Lekki 1 - Chevron ( excluding Ajah) .

Social life

1. Lekki
2 . Surulere
3 . Magodo

Serene Environment
1. Magodo
2. Lekki
3. Surulere

Proximity
1. Surulere
2. Magodo
3. Lekki

Cost of living ( Lowest )
1. Surulere
2. Magodo
3. Lekki

Rent ( Lowest )
1. Surulere
2. Magodo
3. Lekki ( slight difference)

Value for rent
1. Surulere
2. Magodo
3. Lekki

THERE U HAVE IT . #MYOPINION

16 Likes

Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by edoman2016: 8:11am On Dec 16, 2021
Lekki is classy and beautiful. It is the future of real estate and tourism in Lagos.

Whereas magodo is at its peak. It can't develop more than what it is now.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 8:21am On Dec 16, 2021
harqinhola:

Social life

1. Lekki
2 . Surulere
3 . Magodo

Serene Environment
1. Magodo
2. Lekki
3. Surulere

Proximity
1. Surulere
2. Magodo
3. Lekki

1. Surulere
2. Magodo
3. Lekki

Rent ( Lowest )
1. Surulere
2. Magodo

Value for rent
1. Surulere
2. Magodo
3. Lekki

What can you say in terms of traffic boss
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 8:21am On Dec 16, 2021
edoman2016:
Lekki is classy and beautiful. It is the future of real estate and tourism in Lagos.

Whereas magodo is at its peak. It can't develop more than what it is now.

In what way ?
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by obi4eze(m): 8:25am On Dec 16, 2021
Lekki is so overrated. Very expensive rent with very poor drainage system. NEPA bills are so exorbitant. Magodo should be better.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by harqinhola(m): 8:36am On Dec 16, 2021
ayomideking:

What can you say in terms of traffic boss

This is a little bit difficult to answer because traffic is a major challenge in Lagos , Just understand the congestion period and calculate your movement but based on road network and proximity , I'll say .

Traffic

1. Surulere ( you can use alternative routes when stuck )
2 . Magodo ( fewer alternative options )
3. Lekki ( once you're stuck , u're stuck . )

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 8:49am On Dec 16, 2021
harqinhola:

Social life

1. Lekki
2 . Surulere
3 . Magodo

Serene Environment
1. Magodo
2. Lekki
3. Surulere

Proximity
1. Surulere
2. Magodo
3. Lekki

1. Surulere
2. Magodo
3. Lekki

Rent ( Lowest )
1. Surulere
2. Magodo

Value for rent
1. Surulere
2. Magodo
3. Lekki

Maybe I’d consider surulere also
But which area in surulere
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 8:50am On Dec 16, 2021
obi4eze:
Lekki is so overrated. Very expensive rent with very poor drainage system. NEPA bills are so exorbitant. Magodo should be better.

Gotya
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by sbot: 11:59am On Dec 16, 2021
Magodo is cool and serene especially phase 1.

If your work revolves around the mainland, Magodo is good for you else Lekki.

I think the power supply at Magodo is very good.
Things are also less expensive over there as compared to their lekki counterpart.

Lekki has the phase 1 and phase 2 side to it though. The farther you go, the more the traffic you experience.

You may ask any other thing you’d like to know.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by FIFApresident1(m): 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2021
harqinhola:

Social life

1. Lekki
2 . Surulere
3 . Magodo

Serene Environment
1. Magodo
2. Lekki
3. Surulere

Proximity
1. Surulere
2. Magodo
3. Lekki

1. Surulere
2. Magodo
3. Lekki

Rent ( Lowest )
1. Surulere
2. Magodo

Value for rent
1. Surulere
2. Magodo
3. Lekki

Surulere is not as affluent as you guys portrait it to be online, I like the fact that you single out some districts, now if you remove the parts you single out, starting from Akerele shita, ojuelegba, lawanson, ijesha, Ishaga, Idi-araba and other parts towards Mushin, there is nothing left in Surulere, that's like 60% or more of the whole of Surulere.

Even the parts that looks slightly decent are not really that affluent, is it the rotten Alaka and Iponri neighborhoods? Bode thomas and Adeniran are majorly business districts... Abi the ever busy stadium neighborhoods.

I think it's wrong to put Surulere in the same sentence with Lekki, I actually don't know much about Magodo.

Make op loose guard enter Ojuelegba for night make boys snatch his phone.
Surulere connects the island with the mainland, that seems to be the only major good attribute of Surulere.

Op, Festac Town is a very nice district, it's very calm, less population and serene.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 6:50pm On Dec 16, 2021
sbot:
Magodo is cool and serene especially phase 1.

If your work revolves around the mainland, Magodo is good for you else Lekki.

I think the power supply at Magodo is very good.
Things are also less expensive over there as compared to their lekki counterpart.

Lekki has the phase 1 and phase 2 side to it though. The farther you go, the more the traffic you experience.

You may ask any other thing you’d like to know.

In terms of good babes nko
You know man must enjoy life na boss
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 6:51pm On Dec 16, 2021
FIFApresident1:

Surulere is not as affluent as you guys portrait it to be online, I like the fact that you single out some districts, now if you remove the parts you single out, starting from Akerele shita, ojuelegba, lawanson, ijesha, Ishaga, Idi-araba and other parts towards Mushin, there is nothing left in Surulere, that's like 60% or more of the whole of Surulere.

Even the parts that looks slightly decent are not really that affluent, is it the rotten Alaka and Iponri neighborhoods? Bode thomas and Adeniran are majorly business districts... Abi the ever busy stadium neighborhoods.

I think it's wrong to put Surulere in the same sentence with Lekki, I actually don't know much about Magodo.

Surulere connects the island with the mainland, that seems to be the only major good attribute of Surulere.

Op, Festac Town is a very nice district, it's very calm, less population and serene.

Festac town ? Sounds cool can you tell me more about that city? Cost of living, security, road network, social life and other advantages
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by yungz: 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2021
lekki is nice tho, hope say you get boat or canoe grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by FIFApresident1(m): 7:09pm On Dec 16, 2021
ayomideking:

Festac town ? Sounds cool can you tell me more about that city? Cost of living, security, road network, social life and other advantages
Yea, it's a very calm district, the road network is great it's actually a newly developed part of Lagos, most of the roads are intelocked roads, like the ones you See in some parts of VI and Lekki.
It's closer to Mile 2, Okota, Ago palace.

*It's very quiet with educated and middle-class people contributing a larger percentage of the population (more than 80%)

* The people there are largely Ibo and SS minorities.(Yorubas no too dey live there)

* You can connect to the island through the Oshodi-Apapa expressway.
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ashawopikin(m): 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2021
ayomideking:
Good morning, I’m planning to relocate to a very sane area, I have two options which is lekki and magodo. So I wan to know the cost of living, security assurance, and other benefits in both area. Thank you and do have a wonderful day ahead
lekki is cool, sandy beaches fine fine house, magodo is just .....there
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 8:07am On Dec 17, 2021
FIFApresident1:

Yea, it's a very calm district, the road network is great it's actually a newly developed part of Lagos, most of the roads are intelocked roads, like the ones you See in some parts of VI and Lekki.

*It's very quiet with educated and middle-class people contributing a larger percentage of the population (more than 80%)

* The people there are largely Ibo and SS minorities.(Yorubas no too dey live there)

Please do you have pictures or do you stay around ?
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2021
ashawopikin:
lekki is cool, sandy beaches fine fine house, magodo is just .....there

Say more
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2021
FIFApresident1:

*It's very quiet with educated and middle-class people contributing a larger percentag kme of the population (more than 80%)

so for your mind Yoruba's no dey live for festac? Mtsheww!!
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by FIFApresident1(m): 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2021
michaelandre:
Alaye calm down, Yoruba no too many for Festac.
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by 1nigeriamyfoot: 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2021
FIFApresident1:

You r very correct
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by 1nigeriamyfoot: 11:00pm On Dec 17, 2021
FIFApresident1:

Alaye calm down, Yoruba no too many for Festac.

We have lots of Yoruba there

The only reason why population of Ibo around that axis to be more than Yoruba na Tradefair, & those Ibo guys selling used cars
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by 1nigeriamyfoot: 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2021
ayomideking:

Cost of living not expensive but not cheap

Security is ok

Road network is ok too

There might be traffic btw because mile 2 which is not far from festac is a very rough part of Lagos state
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2021
michaelandre:

Humm
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2021
1nigeriamyfoot:

We have lots of Yoruba there

The only reason why population of Ibo around that axis to be more than Yoruba na Tradefair, & those Ibo guys selling used cars

I don’t even discriminate
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2021
1nigeriamyfoot:

Cost of living not expensive but not cheap

Security is ok

Road network is ok too

There might be traffic btw because mile 2 which is not far from festac is a very rough part of Lagos state

Isn’t there any other root to access festac aside from mile 2

Lalasticlala FP
For more information please

Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 10:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
I need more ideas please, I’m making a decision soon and I don’t want to make a wrong one
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by Floda: 11:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
FIFApresident1:

Festac is not a newly developed part of Lagos just that it is really calm and we don't hear much about the area.

You can also connect to island via mile 2 - orile - national theatre route ( added advantage if you own a car ).

Op if you bank is large enough, you can check the residential area of Amuwo Odofin ( Ago bridge - Apple junction, festac link road, Durba estate axis ). Their estates are really cool.

Nb- police wahala is kinda on the high side in festac and Amuwo.
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 8:40am On Dec 19, 2021
Floda:

Festac is not a newly developed part of Lagos just that it is really calm and we don't hear much about the area.

You can also connect to island via mile 2 - orile - national theatre route ( added advantage if you own a car ).

Op if you bank is large enough, you can check the residential area of Amuwo Odofin ( Ago bridge - Apple junction, festac link road, Durba estate axis ). Their estates are really cool.

Nb- police wahala is kinda on the high side in festac and Amuwo.

Me and police aren’t Friends ooh and bank is at medium size lol
Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by Teaser4(m): 8:46am On Dec 19, 2021
ayomideking:

Me and police aren’t Friends ooh and bank is at medium size lol
ma worry , Police na your friend

Re: What Are The Difference Between Lekki(island) And Magodo(mainland) by ayomideking(m): 11:44am On Dec 19, 2021
Teaser4:
ma worry , Police na your friend

I rebook it biko
Ino wan be friends with terrorist

(1) (2) (Reply)

Questions About New E-passport Application Process / Pictures:akpabio Doing The Talking through uncommon transformation / Who Knows This Guy? (football scammer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.