Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,401 members, 7,822,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

GT Bank Opened An Account For Me - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / GT Bank Opened An Account For Me (20579 Views)

NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs / NNPC Is Recruiting 2019!: GT And Experienced / Apply For 2018 Graduate Trainee Recruitment At GT Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by kponkedenge(m): 1:50pm On Dec 17, 2021
Dem need your money.... So dem go fit pay Innoson.
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by baralatie(m): 1:50pm On Dec 17, 2021
GeorgeTheCoder:
How did you apply for a loan with a bank where you do not operate an account ?
Good question
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by Imustnottalk: 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2021
B
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by ignis: 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2021
Na so
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by mymadam(m): 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2021
Watch it!
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by puremaker7(m): 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2021
Hope they help you put money
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by Princeton92(m): 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2021
Reader530:
Good pm nairalanders. GT Bank sent a message for me: They gave me an account number and ask me to go to any GT Bank branch and activate the account. I have never visited any branch before but someone told me, I applied for a loan and my focal person used the BVN submitted to open an account for me. Who has the same experience as mine?

Someone did it for you on your behalf for something maybe!!?
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by Hassanmaye(m): 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2021
Simeony007:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This your laughter is mischievous
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by 46arcadez(m): 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2021
Reader530:
Good pm nairalanders. GT Bank sent a message for me: They gave me an account number and ask me to go to any GT Bank branch and activate the account. I have never visited any branch before but someone told me, I applied for a loan and my focal person used the BVN submitted to open an account for me. Who has the same experience as mine?
Make person no go use that account collect loan from the bank
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by mmsen: 2:00pm On Dec 17, 2021
Scammers will be extra busy at this time of year. Be careful.

3 Likes

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by Twoclans(f): 2:01pm On Dec 17, 2021
GT Bank impresss me with innovations .In some locations their Automated Teller machines issues debit cards straight to customer .

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by dhoncesar(m): 2:02pm On Dec 17, 2021
Don’t go to the bank. Don’t activate any account. Once u do that u can be arrested for crime not committed or once u activate den d scammer will load up your account and make withdrawals meanwhile you are the one the bank will be chasing calling and messaging .

I got a message from a loan company last week about my younger brother that he’s owing 30k they also sent me his picture. Meanwhile the picture they sent me was from 3years ago. Then I called him and verified that was when I got to know that the person that stole his missing phone actually applied for the loan. Now he’s the one to pay back. What a loss !!!

So be careful out there guys. These guys are coming in hot hot

But the are not yahoo boys. They are local 419 !!!

3 Likes

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by yinkeys(m): 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2021
Reader530:
Don’t bother
They rat out their customers to FG by blocking their accounts and so on
Remember the Endsars movement
A stitch in time saves nine
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by Omenaukor(m): 2:07pm On Dec 17, 2021
I had the same experience last year. They sent me an account number and my names, still wished me happy birthday last year and this year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by MissW: 2:09pm On Dec 17, 2021
Reader530:
If you didn't apply for anything with the bank, be sure that a scammer has your details with your bvn and is trying to obtain loan in your name.
I have watched a video of a scammer caught that confessed they use peoples details with their bvn to open account in banks their victims were not registered with and use the accounts to obtain loan.

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by jaxxy(m): 2:09pm On Dec 17, 2021
Reader530:

It’s not a must if u don’t want the account it won’t be activated and will be canceled.

It’s a marketing strategy to get new costumers I think.

2 Likes

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2021
obembet:
Maybe you have fill form from those street marketers before.

Just go and finish your registration and enjoy banking with them. grin

Enjoy yeye banking. I hate that useless bank uptil now they are still deducting money from my account despite several messages to dem. Only yesterday 13 naira was removed. They remove money everyday

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2021
MissW:

If you didn't apply for anything with the bank, be sure that a scammer has your details with your bvn and is trying to obtain loan in your name.
I have watched a video of a scammer caught that confessed they use peoples details with their bvn to open account in banks their victims were not registered with and use the accounts to obtain loan.
What about ur picture. Your passport is attached to it bvn.

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by blackiridis(m): 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2021
They did same to me i have never applied for a loan in any way. I ignored the messages sha

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by seyz91(m): 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2021
cheesy
saasala:
Na Yahoo boy open the account for you. Dem don use your head bra
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by marcelofrancis: 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2021
I have experienced this also. I called their customer care, and I was told I have an account with them. They wouldn't explain how the account was opened. All they knew was that the account was mine.

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2021
dhoncesar:
Don’t go to the bank. Don’t activate any account. Once u do that u can be arrested for crime not committed or once u activate den d scammer will load up your account and make withdrawals meanwhile you are the one the bank will be chasing calling and messaging .

I got a message from a loan company last week about my younger brother that he’s owing 30k they also sent me his picture. Meanwhile the picture they sent me was from 3years ago. Then I called him and verified that was when I got to know that the person that stole his missing phone actually applied for the loan. Now he’s the one to pay back. What a loss !!!

So be careful out there guys. These guys are coming in hot hot

But the are not yahoo boys. They are local 419 !!!
All this started when networks started reselling old numbers without proper deactivation. If u misplaced ur phone or change ur line go to the bank and ask them to remove the old number and put ur new line.

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by na2016: 2:27pm On Dec 17, 2021
Reader530:

Is not compulsory to activate anything, forget it.

2 Likes

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by tonexman18(m): 2:28pm On Dec 17, 2021
Me that gtbank sent me statement of account, i saw that i have made transactions of over #8m, account wey i no dey use

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by NotBeenPaid: 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2021
Reader530:

GTB opened an account for me without my consent about 2 years ago. A bank I've never liked before. The account number was correct checking it from another banking application displayed my correct names.
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by Bbbwings: 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2021
Bodmum:
congratulations
grin
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by Bbbwings: 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2021
flejnr2:
If you dey owe the loan company them go arrest you if you reach the gtb branch grin
grin grin grin
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by Angy55(f): 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2021
bestman09:
angry
Everything na digital now. You had already shown interest in their bank by using your Bvn to apply for a loan, so they are free to assume you need their service.

Na so i open bank account from my phone on Kuda bank and send and receive money from it without going to any office

Same with Standard Chartered Bank. I didn't go to the bank.
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by smartr: 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2021
onajo2000:
You have summited your details to those state govt or federal officials during that time they want to dash some lessprevilege people 5k,so they will take your details to the bank to open an account for you

Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by Ashirioluwa: 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2021
Reader530:

Your best bet is to go to GT bank to let them know that you haven't applied for any loan from any Loan company or GT bank. Don't activate the account.

Write a letter to GT bank and keep a copy of the letter to make it documented.
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by cocu25(m): 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2021
Who knows SunTrust bank
Re: GT Bank Opened An Account For Me by delpee(f): 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2021
@OP
Visit the bank in person for clarification before you're asked to pay for a loan that you didn't take.

If they insist that you opened the account gey a lawyer to write them. Make sure it's properly delivered and keep the documents in case a problem arises.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Be Allowed To Leave My Beard As A Prison Officer / N-power: What You Need To Know About The Device To Be Distributed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.