Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo (52086 Views)

Ahmad Lawan Writes Tinubu, Explains Why He Ran Against Him / Lekki Protesters Jumped Into River While Escaping From Shooting, Fled To Ikorodu / Terhemba Iyo: Soldier Killed By Bokoharam When He Ran Out Of Ammunition In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by talktimi(m): 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2021
Boy Escaping From Kidnappers in Edo Ran to Soldiers for Help. ‘But They Killed Him’

Ehima Mercy, a police officer in Agbo, Delta State, has accused soldiers attached to the railway checkpoint in Igbanke, Edo State, of killing Christian Konor Ehima, her eldest son.

Mercy told FIJ that she met her son in a terrible state after the soldiers brutalised and left him to die on a dusty road. He eventually died in a hospital.

On December 10, Konor left the house of one of his cousins, who was to get married the following day, for his mother’s house, a 35-minute journey. But on getting to the bus stop at 5 pm, there was hardly any bus.

By 7:30 pm, Mercy called to ask him why he was yet to be home, but the voice she heard on the phone was not his.

“I asked them, ‘Who are you?’ And they claimed to be soldiers stationed at the railway checkpoint between Igbanke and Epon. I introduced myself as a police officer and I asked them where my son was,” she told FIJ.

“The soldiers did not say they had beaten him, but claimed my son had dragged their guns with them. I began to plead with the soldiers not to touch him. Then they asked me to come and see them.”

When Mercy got to the soldiers, she thanked them and collected Konor’s phone from them. After delaying her for a while, they showed her where her son was.

“When I saw my son, dust was all over him. So one may not recognise him. He was only in his boxers. They did not give me his trousers; I knew it was because they wanted to tell a different story to the police,” she said.

The soldiers made videos of her when she went to see her son and said he showed signs of lunacy. Konor strived to meet his mother on hearing her voice, but he couldn’t stand upright. His legs had been broken and he had sustained heavy injuries to his spine due to the soldiers’ beating.

“Seeing how my son was, I pleaded with them to use their van to take him to a nearby hospital, but they refused because I am a police officer. I immediately called my family doctor, who then took another hour before he got to Igbanke,” she said.

“I looked at my son and every part of his body was covered with clay. He was half-conscious and his eyes were dim. He was heavy. I then pleaded again with the soldiers to lend us their van.”

When they got to the hospital, Konor woke up after he had received two drips. He asked his mother for food but the doctor stopped her from giving him, saying he was bleeding internally.

KONOR’S EXPERIENCE

Konor told his mother how he escaped being killed by kidnappers. He had boarded their bus as he thought it was a commercial vehicle.

“Konor said when he found out he was in a kidnapper’s bus, he jumped out of the moving vehicle and hid in a bush. He texted ‘I love you mummy’ at this point, but I didn’t get it because I was cooking. When he saw a snake, he ran out of the bush and saw some soldiers,” she said.

“He said he ran to the soldiers, but on seeing him, they cocked their guns. He attempted to explain, but he was asked to shut his mouth up and lie on the ground.”

The soldiers ordered him to stand up. As he did, one of them kicked his legs and he fell. They did it continuously for some time. Later, they began to step on his laps until he could not walk again.

“After he said this, he died. The time was 2:47 am on Saturday,” Mercy told FIJ.

She reported the incident to Igbanke Police Station and the soldiers were summoned. While they could not exactly exonerate themselves, they claimed Konor was a lunatic.

“One of them said I knew my son was crazy, and that was why I brought milk to the checkpoint. Another soldier said I knew he was a lunatic because I asked my family doctor if he came to the checkpoint with injections,” Mercy said.

“I thought the injections would make him stronger and the milk would give him strength, but the soldiers used it against me because he was no more alive.”

Konor’s body is lying in a mortuary in Edo State, while his mother is trying to get justice for her son. “Worst thing is these soldiers are still at this checkpoint,” said Mercy.

According to her, Philip Aliyu Ogbadu, the Edo State Commissioner of Police, has written to the army on the incident.

When FIJ contacted Onyema Nwachukwu, the army’s spokesperson, he said Konor’s mother should write to the military police in Edo State.

“Let her write to the military police in the state,” he told FIJ. “The fact that she is a police officer has solved half of the issue. The army does not support bad behaviour; it is punished.”

https://fij.ng/article/boy-escaping-from-kidnappers-in-edo-ran-to-soldiers-for-help-but-they-killed-him/

13 Likes

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Laggafin: 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2021
Chai.. the soldiers may be thinking he's a disguised Boko Haram or bandit.. may his soul gain peace in de heavens

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Oche211(m): 4:21pm On Dec 17, 2021
Animals in human skin

200 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Ebubeslym(m): 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2021
Oche211:
Animals in human skin
Nigeria is not a real place

275 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 17, 2021
Laggafin:
Chai.. the soldiers may be thinking he's a disguised Boko Haram or bandit.. may his soul gain peace in de heavens
What a foolish and senseless excuse.

How can they kill a person because they thought he might be a Boko Haram or Bandits in disguise

Dam!!

Do some of you even people even make use of your brain while commenting at all?

The funny thing is that this same soldiers will cry like little girls about how they are not been equipped enough if they are to face Boko Haram.

If I b the mama, I will arrange boys wey go kidnap them

Then I will torture them to death

Before they die, I go don show them inside the acid I go throw they dead body in.

This kind of heartless people deserve to be killed in a gory way.

382 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Is04970: 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2021
Most of the security agents lack good education.
The multiplier effect of that is enormous.

129 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by fourboys: 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2021
Just one good news about Nigerian soldiers pls... The year is coming to an end embarassed embarassed

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Laggafin: 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
What a foolish and senseless excuse
It's not entirely foolish excuse.. this Soldiers are exposed to all sorts in de country now.. who I blame is the president who has not shown the will to secure the country from marauding bandits and dia partners

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Seekhimnow: 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2021
Laggafin:

That is the situation we found ourselves in this country, run to police wahala, run to soldiers wahala.

Is just a sad situation.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Laggafin: 4:32pm On Dec 17, 2021
Seekhimnow:

That is the situation we found ourselves in this country, run to police wahala, run to soldiers wahala.

Is just a sad situation.
Yes my broda.. the country don scatter

5 Likes

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 17, 2021
Laggafin:

It's not entirely foolish excuse.. this Soldiers are exposed to all sorts in de country now.. who I blame is the president who has not shown the will to secure the country from marauding bandits and dia partners

It's actually very foolish. How can a armed soldier beat up unarmed civilian to the point of death for whatever reason?

160 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Oxb90: 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2021
Since the boy's mother is an officer, the dead boy will get justice.
Although we all know it will not bring back the dead.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by tungamaje: 4:43pm On Dec 17, 2021
You thought he was a lunatic and that's why you brutalized and killed him. Africans have a long way to go

215 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Mrkumareze(m): 4:44pm On Dec 17, 2021
Police and soldiers are in the same shoe, let them.settle their scores .. Karma (if it exist) may be paying the police woman lipsrsealed

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Laggafin: 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2021
Thanksful:

It's actually very foolish. How can a armed soldier beat up unarmed civilian to the point of death for whatever reason?
Guy just pray u are not in a panicking mode where every thing u see appears like danger.. if u see how dis military guys are being killed by iswap.. Boko Haram terrorists and de likes .. u won't entirely blame dem

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Totilopussylick(m): 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2021
This is a case of being in the right place at the wrong time.

4 Likes

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by sweetonugbu: 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2021
Killing innocent souls since 1914,beast.
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by AfonjaConehead: 5:06pm On Dec 17, 2021
Something is not adding up here,why will soldiers just descend on someone just like that?! I don't like naija military but there's something missing in this story

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by TheWolfen(m): 5:17pm On Dec 17, 2021
God pls keep our families safe.
RIP to the young man

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by freshkpomo(m): 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2021
Laggafin:

That boy was programmed to die, wetin carry snake go where him hide? And why na when soldiers come Na him the snake show?

Fuking soldiers be like, obey before complain.. They just killed one innocent soul, but not so innocent because the mama na police and police do same too.

Many Nigerian soldiers lately dey do like police, if nor be AK, them for dey chop better beating.

Soldiers and kidnapper Na gang members

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by KosiGee(m): 6:04pm On Dec 17, 2021
Laggafin:

About 3 soldiers with AK47 and hundreds of rounds of rounds against an unarmed boy…even if they thought he was ISWAP plus Al qaeda, did he pose any threat to them? Why didn’t they question him or at least listen to him when he wanted to talk and explain?

Nigeria army lacks discipline and it is filled with cowards, thugs, and bullies.

121 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Notasyouthink: 6:04pm On Dec 17, 2021
talktimi:
Ehima Mercy, a police officer in Agbo, Delta State, has accused soldiers attached to the railway checkpoint in Igbanke, Edo State, of killing Christian Konor Ehima, her eldest son.

Mercy told FIJ that she met her son in a terrible state after the soldiers brutalised and left him to die on a dusty road. He eventually died in a hospital.

On December 10, Konor left the house of one of his cousins, who was to get married the following day, for his mother’s house, a 35-minute journey. But on getting to the bus stop at 5 pm, there was hardly any bus.

By 7:30 pm, Mercy called to ask him why he was yet to be home, but the voice she heard on the phone was not his.

“I asked them, ‘Who are you?’ And they claimed to be soldiers stationed at the railway checkpoint between Igbanke and Epon. I introduced myself as a police officer and I asked them where my son was,” she told FIJ.

READ ALSO: How Soldiers Killed Abuta Solomon, Olalekan Abideen at Lekki Tollgate (Photos)

“The soldiers did not say they had beaten him, but claimed my son had dragged their guns with them. I began to plead with the soldiers not to touch him. Then they asked me to come and see them.”

When Mercy got to the soldiers, she thanked them and collected Konor’s phone from them. After delaying her for a while, they showed her where her son was.

“When I saw my son, dust was all over him. So one may not recognise him. He was only in his boxers. They did not give me his trousers; I knew it was because they wanted to tell a different story to the police,” she said.

The soldiers made videos of her when she went to see her son and said he showed signs of lunacy. Konor strived to meet his mother on hearing her voice, but he couldn’t stand upright. His legs had been broken and he had sustained heavy injuries to his spine due to the soldiers’ beating.

“Seeing how my son was, I pleaded with them to use their van to take him to a nearby hospital, but they refused because I am a police officer. I immediately called my family doctor, who then took another hour before he got to Igbanke,” she said.

“I looked at my son and every part of his body was covered with clay. He was half-conscious and his eyes were dim. He was heavy. I then pleaded again with the soldiers to lend us their van.”

When they got to the hospital, Konor woke up after he had received two drips. He asked his mother for food but the doctor stopped her from giving him, saying he was bleeding internally.

KONOR’S EXPERIENCE

Konor told his mother how he escaped being killed by kidnappers. He had boarded their bus as he thought it was a commercial vehicle.

“Konor said when he found out he was in a kidnapper’s bus, he jumped out of the moving vehicle and hid in a bush. He texted ‘I love you mummy’ at this point, but I didn’t get it because I was cooking. When he saw a snake, he ran out of the bush and saw some soldiers,” she said.

“He said he ran to the soldiers, but on seeing him, they cocked their guns. He attempted to explain, but he was asked to shut his mouth up and lie on the ground.”

READ ALSO: Soldiers Brutalise, Strip Yabatech Lecturer Naked for Speaking Up for Students

The soldiers ordered him to stand up. As he did, one of them kicked his legs and he fell. They did it continuously for some time. Later, they began to step on his laps until he could not walk again.

“After he said this, he died. The time was 2:47 am on Saturday,” Mercy told FIJ.

She reported the incident to Igbanke Police Station and the soldiers were summoned. While they could not exactly exonerate themselves, they claimed Konor was a lunatic.

“One of them said I knew my son was crazy, and that was why I brought milk to the checkpoint. Another soldier said I knew he was a lunatic because I asked my family doctor if he came to the checkpoint with injections,” Mercy said.

“I thought the injections would make him stronger and the milk would give him strength, but the soldiers used it against me because he was no more alive.”
READ ALSO: Soldiers Shave Residents’ Heads, Flog Traders in Rivers Community

Konor’s body is lying in a mortuary in Edo State, while his mother is trying to get justice for her son. “Worst thing is these soldiers are still at this checkpoint,” said Mercy.

According to her, Philip Aliyu Ogbadu, the Edo State Commissioner of Police, has written to the army on the incident.

When FIJ contacted Onyema Nwachukwu, the army’s spokesperson, he said Konor’s mother should write to the military police in Edo State.

“Let her write to the military police in the state,” he told FIJ. “The fact that she is a police officer has solved half of the issue. The army does not support bad behaviour; it is punished.”

https://fij.ng/article/boy-escaping-from-kidnappers-in-edo-ran-to-soldiers-for-help-but-they-killed-him/

Lalasticlala

Chai "one nigeria" don kill this one embarassed embarassed embarassed maybe he was among the nairaland unity begging chapter that is always in the business of attacking Igbos for wanting a breakup of nigeria.

Chai very sorry!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by money121(m): 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2021
Chaii
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by slivertongue: 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2021
Unprofessional

2 Likes

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by millionboi(m): 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2021
What afuck
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Lovenorth: 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2021
Let's verify this news first
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by Kingcalls: 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2021
The soldiers are part of the gang

18 Likes

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by aziaka111(m): 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2021
Poverty die die die, buhari that brought you die die die die

1 Like

Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by bolaayenimo: 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2021
sad if true
Re: Boy Escaping From Kidnappers Killed By Soldiers He Ran To For Help In Edo by nairaman66(m): 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2021
Retribution! The boy is only a pawn in the game of chess! The mother a police, her son killed by the army.

RIP..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osun Election: Omisore Reacts As INEC Declares Election Inconclusive / President Jonathan To Expose Obasanjo's Personal Demands - Guardian Newspaper / Ademola Adeleke Wins Polling Unit In Osun Governorship Election 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.