Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) (21223 Views)

Sit-at -home Enforcement In Imo: Gunmen Kill Commercial Tricyclist, Passerby / Professor Yemi Osinbajo On Consultation Tour To Ibadan (Photos) / Oduduwa Republic Rally Hits Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by envoymedia: 5:48am On Dec 18, 2021
A speeding truck on Thursday 16th December 2021, crushed a student and a tricycle rider, IgbereTV reports.

The accident occurred around Airport Junction at Alakia area of Ibadan, Oyo State capital. The truck which rammed into three parked tricycles, killed a driver who has now been identified as Kayode.

The truck driver who reportedly refused to stop and while speeding away from the scene, also crushed a student. It is however not clear whether the student died instantly or not.

The driver who was given a hot chase, was eventually captured and handed over to the police at Gbagi Police Station. It was learnt that the timely arrival of policemen and members of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps stopped the driver from being lynched.

https://igberetvnews.com/1409479/speeding-truck-crushes-student-tricyclist-ibadan-photos/

1 Share

Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:33am On Dec 18, 2021
All these hit-and-run drivers,deserve to be heavily punished when caught. But thank God, this particular one was caught.
Many fail to realise that knocking down a pedestrian with a car and fleeing the scene is a punishable crime in every society, most especially if the victim dies or is severely injured.
Ignorance is the deadliest disease on earth.Even the Bible says so in Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee,that thou shalt be no priest to me:seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God,I will also forget thy children.

7 Likes

Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Coolsperm: 6:39am On Dec 18, 2021
God have mercy
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Shemited: 6:44am On Dec 18, 2021
There should be a regulation in place preventing these type of occurrences
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by yanabasee2: 7:39am On Dec 18, 2021
God have mercy .. Protect us from evil and from sudden death....

1 Like

Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by hysteresis: 7:50am On Dec 18, 2021
Kaii...
Na wa oo
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Perfecttouch(m): 7:50am On Dec 18, 2021
Amona tete bo o
Amono tete bo
Aye un daru o
Amona tete bo
Aye un baje o
Amona tete bo

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 18, 2021
The most painful part is that when the driver settled policeman they will release him
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Alaganature09(m): 7:52am On Dec 18, 2021
Why truck go dey work in the night with high speed again? This is pathetic this buhari regime nah soso bad news o

1 Like

Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Aforxzy(f): 7:53am On Dec 18, 2021
So sad.
These accidents are becoming too much. Drivers and commuters be careful on the road..

God please protect us all..

RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by pclick(m): 7:54am On Dec 18, 2021
The driver met his doom.. I guess he has been doing n escaping... Pls as we all travel make we try de talk n warn the drivers oh... they wan do quick com back carry another passenger... let the souls of the departed rest in paris
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Iliveforever(m): 7:55am On Dec 18, 2021
This same Ibadan again!!
Wetin dem use swear for ibadan..
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Mko123(m): 7:55am On Dec 18, 2021
The most painful part of the story is the intervention of police and civil defense appearance which makes him escape being lynched.

Let the senseless driver Come to Lagos and try it, you will have taken the identity of a Chinese from capable lynching hands
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 7:55am On Dec 18, 2021
undecided

The reported numbers of minors suffering violent accidents and fatalities these ember month is mind boggling!.

The days are truly perilous.
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by McGg: 7:55am On Dec 18, 2021
Bad news is becoming a normalcy in Nigeria
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by pclick(m): 7:56am On Dec 18, 2021
olaniyiYAH:
The most painful part is that when the driver settled policeman they will release him
drivers thinking...
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Strongmighty: 7:57am On Dec 18, 2021
Is it Fanni Kaayodee
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by ABCtutors: 8:02am On Dec 18, 2021
End time trailer driver.

Meanwhile for your ICAN and ACCA private lectures in Ibadan, call or chat me on 08137040664. ICAN is as simple as ABC
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Kingmena: 8:03am On Dec 18, 2021
RIP to the dead, The way all these big trucks speed ehh.
Do you want to learn how to structure your business to run effectively without your presence or supervision and maximize profit. contact me for just 2k ( Xmas Promo) I will send you a material that will guide you to structure your business after now it goes back to 5k and you will be added to a free business group
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Triangles1(m): 8:04am On Dec 18, 2021
God help
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by money121(m): 8:05am On Dec 18, 2021
Ok
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Caramia2020(m): 8:06am On Dec 18, 2021
Hmm, God please build an edge around us.
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by 9jayes: 8:09am On Dec 18, 2021
I’ve never seen any truck driver who doesn’t do drugs
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Freelane33(m): 8:20am On Dec 18, 2021
Majority of the truck drivers now are young boys btw ages 18 - 25 .what do you expect . The over take at a wrong pace . Government need to do serious screening for these people before handling over to them a permit to driver a heavy duty truck .
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by HiideaConsole(m): 8:20am On Dec 18, 2021
Pity
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:27am On Dec 18, 2021
So bad
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by excellentj4teal(m): 8:37am On Dec 18, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:
All these hit-and-run drivers,deserve to be heavily punished when caught. But thank God, this particular one was caught.
Many fail to realise that knocking down a pedestrian with a car and fleeing the scene is a punishable crime in every society, most especially if the victim dies or is severely injured.
Ignorance is the deadliest disease on earth.Even the Bible says so in Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee,that thou shalt be no priest to me:seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God,I will also forget thy children.
Do you also know that the stupid society will do jungle justice on them if found and that's why most of them do run away.

1 Like

Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by verybadmouth(m): 8:39am On Dec 18, 2021
Sad
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Benrosaria(m): 8:52am On Dec 18, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:

I was cool with your first two paragraphs.
But it was through ignorance you pulled through till this moment.

Ignorance is bliss. If not for ignorance you won’t make it thus far. Ignorance is what you use in making your business succeed. If everyone was ignorant life would have been sweeter. If everyone was not ignorant life still would have been goood.
Re: Speeding Truck Crushes Student And Tricyclist In Ibadan (Photos) by Bar1941(m): 9:08am On Dec 18, 2021
God have mercy, when are we going to move beyond this barbaric stage?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arewa Republic Changes Flag / Ganduje Sacks Muazu Magaji, NNPC Project Director, Weeks After Praising Taliban / Governor Umahi Inspecting The Thickness Of A Concrete-Based Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.