Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) (2793 Views)

Nigerian Graduate Who Sold Ice Cream Releases Transformation 7 Years After / 14 Years Old Nigerian Boy Becomes CEO Of MTN NIGERIA / Uniben Law Student Destiny Ogedegbe, Graduates With First Class, Becomes Second (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by WebDesignerNG(m): 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2021
Update from SIGGY .ng

Nathan Addo Larbi, an inspirational Ghanaian gentleman who sold bread to fend for himself has been able to achieve a first-class degree from the University of Cape Coast (UCC) , Siggy reports.

According to him, things got extremely tough when he was in level 200 and 300 particularly because his friends used to make fun of the fact that he was a bread hawker and money was tight at home.

"Majority of my programme mates made fun of me for carrying bread on my head but I endured because I knew that was the only option I had to support my parents at home," he said.

As though he did not have to deal with a lot already, Nathan Addo decided to start his own enterprise when he got to level 400, which he calls the Sankofa Maize Connect Enterprise.

Just a year after officially registering his business of linking farmers to their clients, Nathan, who is currently having his national service, has employed three people including a 2017 graduate.

He tells YEN the business is doing quite well and the future looks promising because a number of investors are firmly on board.

https://campusnews.medium.com/boy-who-sold-bread-to-survive-graduates-with-first-class-becomes-ceo-photos-84dcbf18483

4 Likes

Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by isaiah4life(m): 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2021
There is no glory without a gruesome story.

Last last, we all go make am big for this life.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by Perfecttouch(m): 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2021
Keep on keeping on..
No gut no glory..
Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by Benblaq(m): 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2021
Congratulations brotherman!

Like Ward Beecher always say, we should stop judging people by their peak of excellence but by the distance they have travelled from where they started. Some people got first class on a platter of gold, some got it through fire and brimstone.

Some of my folks work and study at the same time cos they have no sponsor, I know how that shiiit feels like cos countless times have our Maggie cried and almost gave up the aluta struggle. God guide and provide for us all.

8 Likes

Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by ThatsONYI: 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2021
... smiley ...

If it always ends in praise,
I'd always look forward
to the future. But sadly,
life's so insane.

1 Like

Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by CheedyJ(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
isaiah4life:
There is no glory without a gruesome story.

Last last, we all go make am big for this life.
'Gruesome story' bawo, I beg to differ sir
Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by isaiah4life(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
Kindly state your contradiction, sir. Let me learn cheesy

CheedyJ:

'Gruesome story' bawo, I beg to differ sir
Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by dsuperhero001: 6:29pm On Dec 18, 2021
I hope anyone is seeing I saw....15 first class in a class......I don't think this can happen in any public University in Nigeria........ Anyway congratulations to Mr Ado your story is a motivation for others

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by MufasaLion: 6:50pm On Dec 18, 2021
Congrats to him.
Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by CrownOfClay724: 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2021
Hearty congratulations, man.
This is a big deal.

I mean:
That sh1t ain't ever easy.

You go dey class dey think of your next meal.
And dey bathroom dey think of where the next school fees go come from.

Even the book no go dey enter your head.
Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by dan9ice(m): 8:50pm On Dec 18, 2021
Bread of life

Man shall not live by bread alone but engage in every hustle to accomplish a better life
Blessing ×2 00990
Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by Jidemoo: 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2021
Congratulations to him....more greater heights
Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by CSTRR: 9:45pm On Dec 18, 2021
First class result does not qualify anybody to be CEO.

An MBA degree and years of experience in the lower rungs is what qualifies you.

1 Like

Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by Newboss(m): 10:07pm On Dec 18, 2021
Anyone can become a CEO.

Just register a company and you're automatically a CEO. It doesn't cost more than 50k.
Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by Laggafin: 6:20am On Dec 19, 2021
But why am I de only one not believing this bread to first class story shocked
Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by Idamond: 8:31am On Dec 19, 2021
super story..
Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by Alitair(m): 8:40am On Dec 19, 2021
The world is an interesting place.

Some people work so hard but nothing to show..
Some people do not work so hard but the money is por..

Some people suffer and make it
Some people suffer and still don't make it

Some have money bags but their children na loss
Some no get money but their children sef na loss

Whatever you stand for and believe, Life will give you an opposer to fight you. Better chin up!

UDO

1 Like

Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by gulfer: 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2021
This is a Ghana story...., anyways congratulations my man. It's in order...... cool cool cool
Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:34pm On Dec 19, 2021
CSTRR:
First class result does not qualify anybody to be CEO.

An MBA degree and years of experience in the lower rungs is what qualifies you.

Wrong! There are only two paths to becoming a CEO, viz: start your own company or get promoted to that position as you climb the corporate ladder. There's no MBA in the equation.
Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by CSTRR: 4:21pm On Dec 19, 2021
PatrickOkunima:

Wrong! There are only two paths to becoming a CEO, viz: start your own company or get promoted to that position as you climb the corporate ladder. There's no MBA in the equation.
Becoming a CEO is not the same as qualifying to be a CEO.

They are two different things.

Opening a business or inheriting one will make you a CEO.

It doesn't make you qualified.
Re: Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos) by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:01pm On Dec 19, 2021
CSTRR:

Becoming a CEO is not the same as qualifying to be a CEO.

They are two different things.

Opening a business or inheriting one will make you a CEO.

It doesn't make you qualified.

Even at that, having an MBA does not qualify one to be CEO. In USA for instance, more than 60% of CEOs do not have an MBA.

(1) (Reply)

Eight Facts About Ak-47 / Rivers State Polytechnic Cce Programe / Unilag Releases Revised Academic Calendar For The 2013/2014 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.