Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,701 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

My Wife Fought My Mum - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Fought My Mum (38219 Views)

Husband Who Fought With Man That Slept With His Wife Beaten To Stupor / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / Ondo Wife Fought And Locked Husband For Maltreating Her In Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Fought My Mum by DjBigMoni(m): 8:22pm On Dec 18, 2021
Thank God for safe delivery, even though it was CS everything went successful.

So my mum came around for Omugwo first and ever since my wife had been having issues with her. it got to the extent my wife pulled a knife on my mum and I, she even fought my mum before she left.

So her mum now came around for Omugwo also and I have not been giving her face even despite she has apologised with my wife also and even her Dad. But I'm still finding it difficult to forgive her don't know why.

115 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by viyon02: 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2021
So her mum can come for omugo abi? If you don't want thunder fire you, don't allow her mum too to come for omugo period.

394 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Mariangeles(f): 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2021
Have you considered the fact that your wife might be going or might've gone through postpartum depression, which might've led to that behaviour?

Were she and your mum having problems before your wife got pregnant and had a baby?

N.B. Postpartum depression is not an excuse for bad behaviour, it is real.

234 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by slimjohn2k5: 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
The best person to come for omugwo is from wife's family unless they are not available.

Moreover, do not take it against her as the person above me have told you she may be suffering from
postpartum depression.

Despite that please let her own people come first

102 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Dec 18, 2021
DjBigMoni:
So her mum now came around for Omugwo also and i have not been giving her face even despite she has apologised with my wife also and even her Dad. but I'm still finding it difficult to forgive her don't know why.
Forgive her for what? undecided
What did the woman do that you are trying to forgive her for? undecided

Or are you somehow not properly processing guilt of what happened in your mom's case and trying to make your wife's mom pay instead? undecided

26 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Dec 18, 2021
viyon02:
So her mum can come for omugo abi? If you don't want thunder fire you, don't allow her mum too to come for omugo period.
His mom came and it almost ended in a bloodbath... did you miss that portion of it all? undecided

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 18, 2021
Except there's any other reason you are not telling us, then I suggest you let your wife's mother go so that you and your wife and the new baby can have some time alone as a family. Before this whole thing I believe you must have been living peacefully with your wife therefore whatever happened between her and your mother shouldn't be a yardstick to coming online to for people to paint her as trash.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by ojun50(m): 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2021
Yr wife na bad girl with bad character before you marry her. Watch her good character with her parents.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
The best person to come for omugwo is from wife's family unless they are not available.

Moreover, do not take it against her as the person above me have told you she may be suffering from
postpartum depression.

my brother forget this omugwo yeye philosophy wey poor people invent. My sisters are married and given birth, but my mum no go. She just arrange baby accessories,,, clothes, toys, and their soaps, powder, foods and fill their kitchen with assorted foods, by waybill them abroad,. What's omugwo? Na low mentality slang. Like say we be low grade family, na so my mum go mumu leave her lecturing work wey she even dey look for more time to conclude research, dey urge to go abroad for omugwo, as if she's the first mother in law in d world, or na she be the first grandmum on earth, I hate to hear this useless term,,, omugwo. Africa and their useless mentality. It's is devised to attempt control the husband.

162 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Optimistguy1969: 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2021
Mariangeles:
Have you considered the fact that your wife might be going or might've gone through postpartum depression, which might've led to that behaviour?

Were she and your mum having problems before your wife got pregnant and had a baby?
slimjohn2k5:

postpartum depression.

In Kiriku's voice: ABEG SHIFT

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Dec 18, 2021
Vickyvice:
my brother forget this omugwo yeye philosophy wey poor people invent. My sisters are married and given birth, but my mum no go. She just arrange baby accessories,,, clothes, toys, and their soaps, powder, foods and fill their kitchen with assorted foods, by waybill them abroad,. What's omugwo? Na low mentality slang. Like say we be low grade family, na so my mum go dey urge to go abroad for omugwo.
I don't understand the tradition at all but I do realize that some women need help of other women especially after her first birth or maybe in situation where depression or some other illness keeps her from being able to properly care for herself and her husband is unable to take time off to care for her.. undecided

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by DjBigMoni(m): 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2021
cry
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Mariangeles(f): 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2021
Vickyvice:
my brother forget this omugwo yeye philosophy wey poor people invent. My sisters are married and given birth, but my mum no go. She just arrange baby accessories,,, clothes, toys, and their soaps, powder, foods and fill their kitchen with assorted foods, by waybill them abroad,. What's omugwo? Na low mentality slang. Like say we be low grade family, na so my mum go dey urge to go abroad for omugwo.

No dey talk wetin you no know. If you no understand, ask!

Wetin you think say omugwo be for? Vacation?
You think say na about food, and toys, and echetara'm na echetara'm?

Omugwo for Igbo land na to help woman wey just born pikin.

To help her with herself and the baby, until she's strong enough to handle things herself.

314 Likes 27 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Mariangeles(f): 9:01pm On Dec 18, 2021
DjBigMoni:
cry
Oga, why you dey cry?
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't understand understand the tradition at all but I do realize that some women need help of other women especially after her first birth or maybe in situation where depression or some other illness keeps her from being able to properly care for herself and her husband is unable to take time off to care for her.. undecided
any woman can be of help, within the immediate environment. We in our family don't understand this omugwo nonsense. See the irony... Our family fill up the house of our brother when their wife birth baby and our sisters when they do same, with all supplies, both for baby and their kitchen supplies, when they give birth while our inlaw families visit for The enjoyment we ourselves provided without visiting, at their home.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Dec 18, 2021
Mariangeles:
To help her with herself and the baby, until she's strong enough to handle things herself.
Her husband can and should adequately fill that post instead. After all, the baby was made by both of them in the marriage. undecided

It ought to be the man caring for and helping nurse his wife back to health after the ordeal, unless circumstances don't allow for it - busy work schedule for example. Oyinbo husbands dey even take time off from work in order to care for wife and baby during such times. Rarely do you see them inviting a third partyover during those times and they take turns feeding baby during night shift and all.undecided

Surely Nigeria husbands aren't shigidi that can't lift a finger to care for their own wife and kid in similar situations naw! undecided

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by DoggoneDogg: 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2021
[s]
Mariangeles:

[/s]

Too many words for toxic character.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Mariangeles(f): 9:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't understand understand the tradition at all but I do realize that some women need help of other women especially after her first birth or maybe in situation where depression or some other illness keeps her from being able to properly care for herself and her husband is unable to take time off to care for her.. undecided

See? Kobo understands.
Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Mariangeles(f): 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2021
[s]
DoggoneDogg:

Too many words for toxic character.
[/s]

Behave or you go to Romance section!

10 Likes

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2021
Vickyvice:
any woman can be of help, within the immediate environment. We in our family don't understand this omugwo nonsense. See the irony... Our family fill up the house of our brother when their wife birth baby and our sisters when they do same, with all supplies, both for baby and their kitchen supplies, when they give birth while our inlaw families visit for The enjoyment we ourselves provided without visiting, at their home.
The idea is about providing help to an ailing woman, not supplies though. If she can barely get out of bed or bath herself, and her husband is not available to help, what then? undecided

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2021
Mariangeles:

No dey talk wetin you no know. If you no understand, ask!

Wetin you think say omugwo be for? Vacation?
You think say na about food, and toys, and echetara'm na echetara'm?

Omugwo for Igbo land na to help woman wey just born pikin.
hi
mother-in-law are using it to achieve control over their daughter and hubby, something we frown at, we DONT DO THIS SHIT, we only provide all the supplies both for the baby and family. That's the real omugwo. I have two sisters abroad, and we are too busy to ask my mom to do this nonsense, she herself is a lecture lre too busy to consider this. while, we waybill all the needed stuff and send abroad. Any woman can do it, not necessarily the girls mum.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2021
Mariangeles:
See? Kobo understands.
I ofcourse understand only I don't believe it should be a tradition per say but on a case by case basis, this to allow husbands bond properly with their new child and wife after the birth. Most African men are 'spared' the reality of what it means to have a child, which i believe to be very wrong. undecided

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Mariangeles(f): 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I ofcourse understand only I don't believe it should be a tradition per say but on a case by case basis, this to allow husbands bond properly with their new child and wife after the birth. Most African men are 'spared' the reality of what it means to have a child, which i believe to be very wrong. undecided

I agree with you on that one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Justkatty(f): 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2021
That wasn't nice of her her, irrespective of what could have happened, she wouldn't have resulted in carrying knife or having a physical fight with her mother inlaw.....She for get mind carry knife for her own mama?
Anyways since she has apologise, please forgive her but a Stern warning should be given.

God abeg give me mother inlaw wey go take me as her daughter and I promise to cherish her.
The way my mama born me naso she too born the person I call my crown.
Desist from violence it doesn't pay.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by DoggoneDogg: 9:12pm On Dec 18, 2021
[s]
Mariangeles:

Behave or you go to Romance section!
[/s]

No manners, imagine slapping a man.
Are you the MIL-fighting wife?

10 Likes

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The idea is about providing help to an ailing woman, not supplies though. If she can barely get out of bed or bath herself, and her husband is not available to help, what then? undecided
it's not necessary for her mum to do it. Any woman can. This is what am saying. Women now use this opportunity to boss over their son in-law and their daughter support this too. Like I said, our sisters gave birth, we arrange who would do the omugwo over there abroad. Cos we know how mother in law have abused this omugwo thing, while we make all the food and baby supplies. That's what am saying

12 Likes

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by DjBigMoni(m): 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2021
Just that my wife is hot tempered, they've never had issues before. First time mum is visiting
Mariangeles:

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
Vickyvice:
it's not necessary for her mum to do it. Any woman can. This is what am saying. Women now use this opportunity to boss over their son in-law and their daughter support this too. Like I said, our sisters gave birth, we arrange who would do the omugwo over there abroad. Cos we know how mother in law have abused this omugwo thing, while we make all the food and baby supplies. That's what am saying
Any woman can do it? We are talking of issues of intimacy and love here... not any woman can do that at all. undecided

Granted divisive women can and do use the opportunity to boss their son-in-laws but the reality here is that it the son-in-law had capably stepped in to play his part in caring for his wife and child after the birth, their would be no need for the bossy woman in the first place. undecided

Now you are finally talking. I had the impression that your sisters were iron ladies when you first said what seemed like you don't understand why a woman would need help after childbearing. So it is in fact the case that you get someone else to sit in place of a mom, right? Do you pay these helps then? undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by DjBigMoni(m): 9:27pm On Dec 18, 2021
No other reason, she even had to threaten my life again after my mum incident, wanted to pure me hot water in the presence of her mum all because I said I'll still deal with her after all the pleading. she still begged for forgiveness that night
EkehPraise:
Except there's any other reason you are not telling us, then I suggest you let your wife's mother go so that you and your wife and the new baby can have some time alone as a family. Before this whole thing I believe you must have been living peacefully with your wife therefore whatever happened between her and your mother shouldn't be a yardstick to coming online to for people to paint her as trash.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2021
DjBigMoni:
No other reason, she even had to threaten my life again after my mum incident, wanted to pure me hot water in the presence of her mum all because I said I'll still deal with her after all the pleading. she still begged for forgiveness that night
Can you be a bit less cryptic abeg. Giving us random bits of what transpired after the major quarrel will not help you or us any. undecided

What led to your wife threatening your life? undecided

Why do you in return insist you will deal with her after all the pleading? undecided

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2021
You said your wife is hot-tempered, so you married her like that. Since she has apologized for pulling the knife on your mom and you, forgive her.

12 Likes

Re: My Wife Fought My Mum by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
Justkatty:
That wasn't nice of her her, irrespective of what could have happened, she wouldn't have resulted in carrying knife or having a physical fight with her mother inlaw.....She for get mind carry knife for her own mama?
Anyways since she has apologise, please forgive her but a Stern warning should be given.

God abeg give me mother inlaw wey go take me as her daughter and I promise to cherish her.
The way my mama born me naso she too born the person I call my crown.
Desist from violence it doesn't pay.
this is exactly what our family want. Our sisters give birth, our family makes all supplies, both for baby and their kitchen without visiting for omugwo, while our in-laws both from our sisters husban side and our bothers wife's people visit for the omugwo, ... Both ways. even our wives are surprised that their own mum comes for omugwo, while our mum,,,their mum inlaw doesn't go for omugwo when her biological daughter gives birth. we in our family don't see the unusual neccesity of this, as we want them to be at total peace of privacy. Truth is it's not compulsory for a woman's mum to do this, since most mum in-laws have used this opportunity to become their boss of marriage. What if d woman no get mum again?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Mother In U.S Navy And Her Son Reunite After 7 Months In Sea (Photos) / My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. / Lovely Picture Of Sisters In Bridal Train For Their Sibling's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.