Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... (4032 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 5:12am On Dec 28, 2013
The main reason for being an atheist is not science. angry
It is a simple logical decision- there is no evidence for God. Simple and short

Too many theists are guven the opportunity to conflate atheism with evolution, Darwin, The big bang and Richard Dawkins

I was an atheist before I even knew all these things!! angry

I can make a case for atheism with or without science. The very notion of God can be utterly destroyed with philosophy alone- science is just the icing on the cake.

This is not an anti-science rant. I am just trying to say that we as atheists should be careful in trying to pass of atheism as science, lest we lead theists to start hammering us with strawmen due to the conflation of science and atheism

Evolution is not the bedrock of atheism...even though it helps
The big bang is not the bedrock of atheism.....even though it makes God look like he created nothing
Atheism is not science....even though science does help back up atheistic arguments

7 Likes

Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by woky: 5:46am On Dec 28, 2013
undecided
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 5:47am On Dec 28, 2013
woky: undecided

You of all people? Why Woky, why??
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by woky: 5:51am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

You of all people? Why Woky, why??
no vex

I dont agree with the OP
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 5:53am On Dec 28, 2013
woky: no vex

I dont angree with the OP

How and why?
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by woky: 5:53am On Dec 28, 2013
if not for science, you wouldnt have being an Atheist
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 5:59am On Dec 28, 2013
woky: if not for science, you wouldnt have being an Atheist

Bullsheit.
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by woky: 6:10am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Bullsheit.

Really? grin
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 28, 2013
woky: Really? grin

Guy, write an argument why you feel that I'm wrong.......rather than your one-liners
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by woky: 6:28am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Guy, write an argument why you feel that I'm wrong.......rather than your one-liners
one thing abt me is that i dont like argument, so no need of starting it.

But all i knw is that without science or evolution you wouldnt have being an atheist becos all ur belief ar base on science jst like Ron Hubbard
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 28, 2013
woky: one thing abt me is that i dont like argument, so no need of starting it.

But all i knw is that without science or evolution you wouldnt have being an atheist becos all ur belief ar base on science jst like Ron Hubbard

SMH.....what an ignorant comment. Even after what I explained in the OP?

Thanks for assuming what made me an atheist despite the fact that I have stated otherwise
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by woky: 6:53am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

SMH.....what an ignorant comment. Even after what I explained in the OP?

Thanks for assuming what made me an atheist despite the fact that I have stated otherwise
woreva..
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by SalC: 9:16am On Dec 28, 2013
Take away science from atheism and watch atheism crumble

Virtually every question you ask an atheist, he fall back on science for an answer
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 28, 2013
Sal C: Take away science from atheism and watch atheism crumble

Virtually every question you ask an atheist, he fall back on science for an answer

Ask me why I dont believe in God

Or tell me to give non scientific reasons why ione shouldnt beIieve in God

Better yet, use your brain to realise that atheism existed before modern science
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 28, 2013
Sal C: Take away science from atheism and watch atheism crumble

I wouldn't follow that line of thought if I were you...
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by texanomaly(f): 9:30am On Dec 28, 2013
striktlymi:

Me either.
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by SalC: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Better yet, use your brain to realise that atheism existed before modern science
it is not your duty to tell me what to ask you
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by SalC: 9:32am On Dec 28, 2013
striktlymi:

Yeah ... But you are not me
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by SalC: 9:33am On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly:

Me either.
Erm but am different
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by woky: 9:36am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

you jst some1 to ask "why dont you blv in God" so that you will vomit ur ignorance grin

ghost mood... u no go see me
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 28, 2013
Sal C: Yeah ... But you are not me

You are right there...
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by texanomaly(f): 10:14am On Dec 28, 2013
Sal C: Erm but am different

That is a good thing...

However. I've seen Logicboy at work, I know were this leads.

Carry go...
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly:

That is a good thing...

However. I've seen Logicboy at work, I know were this leads.

Carry go...

I smell fear......where does this lead?

Afraid that I will debunk christianity or what?
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by texanomaly(f): 10:28am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

I smell fear......where does this lead?

Afraid that I will debunk christianity or what?
Why would I fear? I agree on this one. Sal challenges it. You can be quite the watch dog when you want to be.
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by DeepSight(m): 10:29am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03: The main reason for being an atheist is not science. angry
It is a simple logical decision- there is no evidence for God. Simple and short

Lol. As though by evidence you do not mean scientific evidence.

And please just shut your vacant mind down for a good rest this fine saturday rather than claim that you can show by philosophy that God does not exist. In fact don't ever dare mention the word philosophy in your life again, you hear me?

5 Likes

Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by texanomaly(f): 10:32am On Dec 28, 2013
Deep Sight:

And please just shut your vacant mind down for a good rest this fine saturday rather than claim that you can show by philosophy that God does not exist. In fact don't ever dare mention the word philosophy in your life again, you hear me?

shocked Oh my...
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 28, 2013
cheesy grin
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Joshthefirst(m): 10:37am On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly:

shocked Oh my...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 28, 2013
Deep Sight:

Funny meme aside, why must we describe the evidence as scientific?

As a lawyer, must evidence in a court be scientific?

If I am being sued for non-payment and I produce both a receipt and a bank letter stating that I paid fund into the claimants account- isnt that evidence?

If God appeared to all of us and then went back to heaven, would that be evidence? Must it be described as "scientific"?

4 Likes

Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 28, 2013
grin grin grin deepsight dey vex o
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 28, 2013
rationalmind: grin grin grin deepsight dey vex o

The guy just hates me.....maybe I need to be praising his big grammar
Re: I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists.... by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 28, 2013
Deep Sight:

In fact don't ever dare mention the word philosophy in your life again, you hear me?
Well said!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Blood Paid The Price / Meta-ethics: The Nature And Origins Of Good And Evil / Pastor Kumuyi's Prophecies For 2016 (WATCH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.