Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,865 members, 7,828,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) (22073 Views)

New Priests In Benue Celebrate First Mass In IDP Camp Over Herdsmen Attacks / Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by pointblank247(m): 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2021
I think i like this

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by POLYGAMY: 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2021
jubrilELsudan:

YOU ARE MOST STUPID.

OMICRON FALL INSIDE YOUR ANUS.
TRUTH IS BITTER NWANNE grin
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by CaptainAyub: 5:34pm On Dec 20, 2021
Godispeace:
Small time now dem go carry amadiora god of thunder enter church in the name of cultural service. this igbo people with religion hypocrisy ehn !!!
I'm sure you be Yoruba.
Let me kindly remind you that the yorubas corrupted Christianity with white garment churches and pastors who are glorified native doctors,same way you corrupted Islam with alfas who are ritualists

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by descarado: 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2021
mmsen:
Is this the same Catholic church that has been telling people not to use their native names? undecided
When nd wear please
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by descarado: 5:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
Kriss216:
Catholic Church dey try to uphold our culture and inheritance.

Kudos to them.

Otito diri Jesu.
Na ndù ebe ebe.

If I should ever step my feet into a church again, It will be catholic. They assimilate every culture they find themselves in. Steadily wane off bad ones and replace it with better alternatives. They never condemn the native doctors, traditionalists. Nope.
Also the do lots of community projects.
This is the psychology the West is using to hold unto Africa.

I think the types of churches we have in Nigeria tells the type of politics we play.

2 Likes

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by CaptainAyub: 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2021
InoGetJoy:

Thanks for explaining it to them. People refuse to think, or even read the bible but swallow everything their Daddy G.O tells them.
It's same way some of them think our cultural festivals are evil. Rubbish people
Double post.
No vex
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Christistruth00: 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2021
Emuforlife1:
Idol Worshipping as usual.

Godispeace:
Small time now dem go carry amadiora god of thunder enter church in the name of cultural service. this igbo people with religion hypocrisy ehn !!!

aspabay:
Idolatry brought right inside a church in the name of culture.

May God have mercy on you

It is Evil and Blasphemous

The White Chalk on their bodies symbols Confusion

That Spear Symbolises Violence

The Pot of fire on the head means Fire has Dominion on that Person

What is the Pot of Smoke doing in front of the Altar ?!

Did Jesus say he smokes ?!

This is Cult Worship !!!!!!
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by CaptainAyub: 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2021
orazx:

Stop smoking expired weeds...
Which Catholic Priest or Bishop told not to use your native name?
Comrade easy,easy grin
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by CaptainAyub: 6:02pm On Dec 20, 2021
jubrilELsudan:

THEY PRAY TO AN IDOL WHICH THEY CALL MARY MOTHER OF JESUS YET NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE DID JESUS SAY CHRISTIANS MUST PRAY TO AND THRU MARY TO GET TO HIM.

THEY BURN INCENSE AND CHANT INCANTATIONS THAT WE CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY SAYING.

CATHOLIC PRIESTS LIKE FVCKING SMALL BOYS IN THE ANUS.

CATHOLIC PRIEST LIKE FVCKING THEMSELVES IN THE ANUS.

CATHOLIC NUNS LIKE DOING ASHAWO RUNS UNDER THE GUISE OF DOING MISSIONARY WORK.

ETC.
You sound like som1 gradually running mad.
Easy on the weed chief

4 Likes

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Christistruth00: 6:09pm On Dec 20, 2021
KennethEnyi:
Empty ass church

That Church is a Shrine
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Christistruth00: 6:22pm On Dec 20, 2021
angry
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Christistruth00: 6:31pm On Dec 20, 2021
Karrima:
Embrace your culture. Don't allow anyone to tell you that your culture is evil but theirs is good just because they hate you.

Why didn’t they just ask a Witchdoctor to conduct the Mass

He would have done a better Job

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Testimony1988(m): 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2021
aryzgreat:

And the church is still doing that.

How do u convert the pagan when you make him blv everything including his culture are bad.

A traditional worshipper seeing same drum he beat, used to worship God will join you easily then, hear the word that will change him for ever, than when you keep telling him his drum is demonic, his ogene is satanic, his dress is evil. He will never have the opportunity to be closer to the gospel
Don't get what I said twisted o, when preaching, you will start with one's culture is bad? Bringing culture into the church is not a guarantee that traditional worshippers will be saved, if you feel what the Catholics have done is okay by you, no problem, let's leave it that way.

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Bryan88(m): 6:41pm On Dec 20, 2021
Kriss216:
Catholic Church dey try to uphold our culture and inheritance.

Kudos to them.

Otito diri Jesu.
na ndu ebighebi...amen!!!
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by trutht828: 6:42pm On Dec 20, 2021
jubrilELsudan:

THEY PRAY TO AN IDOL WHICH THEY CALL MARY MOTHER OF JESUS YET NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE DID JESUS SAY CHRISTIANS MUST PRAY TO AND THRU MARY TO GET TO HIM.
Read Like 1:48. Catholics honor Mary, the mother of Jesus according to the scriptures.

THEY BURN INCENSE AND CHANT INCANTATIONS THAT WE CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY SAYING.
Incantation?! Lolz. Have you ever listened to the words of the"incantation" before? Lolz. May we not be ruled by ignorance.

CATHOLIC PRIESTS LIKE FVCKING SMALL BOYS IN THE ANUS.

CATHOLIC PRIEST LIKE FVCKING THEMSELVES IN THE ANUS.

Lolz. So, only Catholic priests are doing that? How are you sure many of your church members are not doing it? How are you sure your pastors are not doing it? There are millions of Catholic priests out there today; do you have evidence that all of them are committing the abomination?

CATHOLIC NUNS LIKE DOING ASHAWO RUNS UNDER THE GUISE OF DOING MISSIONARY WORK.

So, who told you that those gentle sisters in your church are not coded prostitutes? Or were you told fornication only happens in Catholic church?

You just showed that your thoughts about the Catholic church are controlled by ignorance. That's a shame!

3 Likes

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by hupo: 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2021
yehim15642:
They even have a dibia in the procession..
You may wish to find out what Holy Mass is called in Igbo language

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by hupo: 7:17pm On Dec 20, 2021
mmsen:
Is this the same Catholic church that has been telling people not to use their native names? undecided
That is not the case, perhaps someone did that out of ignorance
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by BABANGBALI: 7:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
illicit:

Omo dat gas matter ehn undecided
I’m waiting for Seun to give all nairalander gas as Christmas gift this year

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Trendy05(f): 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2021
I love this.

#Culture
#People'sWayOfLife
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Trendy05(f): 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2021
hupo:

You may wish to find out what Holy Mass is called in Igbo language

What is it called please?
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Christistruth00: 8:35pm On Dec 20, 2021
This is what you get when Priests eagerly collect blood money from Drug Barons and Ritualists

They don’t even know their left from their right anymore
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Strika247(m): 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2021
IfIPerishIPeris:

Not just dressing. The whole thing being displayed is avenue for the devil if care is not taken.

But being in suit and frying our hairs with afro style is not an avenue to give the � a chance abi?
Who did this to us Africans? Most of us has the believe that everything that is cultural or African is devilish why everything from the western world is acceptable, the earlier we emancipate ourselves from this mental slavery, the better for all of us, there's is nothing wrong in worshipping God in our African attire or culture.

1 Like

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by McBenedict(f): 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2021
is this still a church or they are camouflaging
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Damseldammie(f): 9:31pm On Dec 20, 2021
This same kind of mass was held in Canada on 12th of this month too & it was a breathtaking experience
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Ochibaisik(m): 9:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
ckvemgbia:
Catholic remains the foundation of Christianity

JESUS IS THE FOUNDATION OF CHRISTIANITY AND HIS APOSTLES NOT CATHOLIC.CATHOLIC CHURCH CAME ALONG AFTER THE DEMISE OF THE APOSTLE AND LATER CHANGED MOST OF THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES AND THE DOCTRINES OF CHRIST.

2 Likes

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Robisky001(m): 10:01pm On Dec 20, 2021
It's called inculturation in the Catholic Church.
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by jubrilELsudan: 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2021
trutht828:

Read Like 1:48. Catholics honor Mary, the mother of Jesus according to the scriptures.

Incantation?! Lolz. Have you ever listened to the words of the"incantation" before? Lolz. May we not be ruled by ignorance.

Lolz. So, only Catholic priests are doing that? How are you sure many of your church members are not doing it? How are you sure your pastors are not doing it? There are millions of Catholic priests out there today; do you have evidence that all of them are committing the abomination?

So, who told you that those gentle sisters in your church are not coded prostitutes? Or were you told fornication only happens in Catholic church?

You just showed that your thoughts about the Catholic church are controlled by ignorance. That's a shame!

VERILY VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU......INDEED YOU ARE VERY STUPID.

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by goodheart01: 11:19pm On Dec 20, 2021
Megabig:
Are you stylishly trying to tell us to embrace our true religion? Tell us directly and stop going through corners…They even have a dibia in the procession..

That's not a dibia. It's just a cultural attire. Learn to embrace our culture
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by jubrilELsudan: 11:22pm On Dec 20, 2021
CaptainAyub:

You sound like som1 gradually running mad.
Easy on the weed chief

SAME WORDS YOUR WIFE TELLS ME AFTER I SHOOT MY HOT CUM IN HER MOUTH SHE TELLS YOU EVERYTIME YOU ACCUSE HER OF CUMING TO MY HOUSE WHERE I HANG HER ON MY WARDROBE AND FVCK HER IN ALL HOLES THEN SHOOT MY HOT CUM IN HER MOUTH.

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by jubrilELsudan: 11:25pm On Dec 20, 2021
POLYGAMY:
TRUTH IS BITTER NWANNE grin

ODE VILLAGE EKUKE

Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by Daddyboy21: 12:12am On Dec 21, 2021
IfIPerishIPeris:
Make una no invoke demon in the name of cultural this or that. No be wetin Jesus send us do be this oo
wetin him send us to do, wear siut and tie? Did he or any of his disciples dress coprate? Mtceeeew
Re: Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) by trutht828: 12:28am On Dec 21, 2021
jubrilELsudan:

VERILY VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU......INDEED YOU ARE VERY STUPID.

Lolz. Is that also from the Holy Spirit or from your father the devil? grin

Your comment is as meaningful as a dead dog.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Enenche To Comedians: Don't Tell Lies To Make People Laugh / Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband? / "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.