Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,073 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:07 PM

Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea (9606 Views)

How Many Jobs are Available In Industrial Machinery/components / Why Degree Dependence Is A Bad Idea Especially In Developing Countries / More Nigerians Applying For FRSC 2018 Recruitment Than Previous Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea by Lordbinsmar: 8:13pm On Dec 20, 2021
angry
Re: Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea by Tonimanze(m): 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2021
I think it is better for one to apply for work in several places. That way one can be sure of landing in one of the places.

Meanwhile qualified candidates are needed for employment in the following areas.
1) Civil Engineers
2) Mechanical Engineers
3) Safety Managers
4) Pigging Engineers
5) Corrosion Engineers
6) Chemical Engineers
7) Regular Welders
coolPipline Welders
9) Scaffolders
10) Fitters
11) Riggers

A minimum of four (4) years hands-on-job experience is required for all positions.
Qualified candidates should send a WhatsApp message to 0806 050 8334 requesting for employment forms stating:
1) Name
2) WhatsApp Number to receive form
3) Job Position of Interest.
PDF copy of completed application forms and CV should be returned to 0806 050 8334 via WhatsApp, within three days of receipt of form.
Interview date and venue will be communicated to all applicants.
Successful candidates will be sent to the Company for induction and formal employment.
Please note that COREN, ISPON and other professional affiliations will be added advantage.
Re: Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea by Ttjj: 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2021
Oh
Re: Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea by Swint: 8:53pm On Dec 20, 2021
I applied for 4 roles. I got interviewed for one and got offered another role cos I applied for it. Apply for any roles you think you fit in pls
Re: Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea by freegaza(m): 9:01pm On Dec 20, 2021
I have applied for more than 500 jobs in the last 6 years. I don't think I have been called for upto 50 test and interviews out of the over 500.

I have rejected 4 offers and worked in 4 organisations.

Dear Job applicant

Apply for as many jobs as you can don't listen to nonsense from jobless bloggers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea by Agricmoney(m): 9:09pm On Dec 20, 2021
follow at your own peril

Anyway, Agriculture is life
Re: Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea by Tonimanze(m): 9:15pm On Dec 20, 2021
I find nothing wrong with applying for many jobs at the same time. At least one would click.

Re: Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea by Jobshop(m): 11:13pm On Dec 20, 2021
ReventifyCV:
That cliché saying, ‘Do not put all your eggs in one basket’, is a good saying until it comes to job applications. The idea of throwing your CVs all over the place, and clicking on every ‘apply’ you find is not entirely a good idea. Granted, the economy is a mess, and the wait for a job is tiring; however, going the route of multiple applications can deprive you of a good job.

This goes in two ways. There is one part where people send out applications to different companies at the same time. Then there is sending out applications for different roles in the same company. However, some people think it is okay to send job applications for multiple roles in one company. They most likely will not get any of the jobs at all.

1. Lack of Career Focus: When the Job application hits the HR’s desk, the next thing they look at after your name, is your career focus.

2. The Use of Generic and Non-personalized CVs: HRs hate generic CVs. If you are applying for a role, the goal is to show that you are very fit for that role, which means your CV should show that you are fit.

3. Unpreparedness for Multiple Job Interviews: Your interview is your one opportunity to sell yourself to your prospective employer properly.

4. Burnout During the Various Application Process: Application processes can be very strenuous. As a job seeker, you need your head and mind to be in the right place when applying for a job.

5. Loss of Credibility: A company will not take a person who applies for multiple roles in their company seriously. The ‘jack of all trades’ saying is a myth you should trash.

Getting a job is the goal. However, your strategy through which you intend to get that job matters. The processes leading up to your first interview determine if you get the interview or not.

Apply to a few jobs at a time, go for the interviews prepared, after sending an impressive CV.

There are jobs, however, you are not qualified for all of them, focus on the ones you are qualified for and apply a few at a time.

We totally disagree with this.
Re: Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea by mu2sa2: 5:14am On Dec 21, 2021
mamawa123:
Every Nigerian is a motivational speaker
I stopped listening to those trash talk a long, long time ago.
Re: Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea by Victor8st: 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2022
It's a good idea so that's my main strategy.
Re: Why Applying For Too Many Jobs Could Be A Bad Idea by AdamRichell: 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2022
I applied for dozens of jobs at once in order to be able to find a better fit as quickly as possible. It was a pretty long and challenging way because not many employers want to hire workers with little experience or without a portfolio of completed jobs. That's why it's worth turning to more professional people who know how to handle it in a timely manner. I choose employability20 because it is the best optimizer and job search engine that interests me. I'm sure it could be a pretty awesome plan for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-banker On Hunger Strike Over Terminal Benefits / NSCDC Recruitment 2017 – Www.nscdc.gov.ng / Apply For Nokia Nigeria Job Recruitment (4 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.