Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,294 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns (35467 Views)

“it’s A Lot” – Funke Akindele Mourns The De@th Of Junior Pope / Wizkid Performs In Lloyd Park, South London (Photos) / Empress Njamah And Daniel Lloyd Traditional Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by FutureDecisions: 6:06am On Dec 21, 2021
American filmmaker Lloyd Weaver and director of the popular Nigerian TV series I Need to Know is dead, Igbere TV reports.

His death was announced by Aderemi Ogunpitan in a Facebook post on Monday.

“Olalekan Babalola just sent the information that Baba Lloyd Weaver has passed on to return his ancestors. The news was a sad one. I learnt so much from this creative loving and gentle soul who gave so much to the Nigerian creative Industry. He arrived in Nigeria as part of the Jakaranda American team to train producers at NTA.

“Thereafter, himself, Tony Cunningham and Earnest Dunkley formed an independent TV and Film production company CDW who went on to produce some of the most iconic Nigerian TV commercials for some of Nigerias top advertising agencies in the 80′ and 90’s. They later formed Swift Studios, where I was the Executive Producer, working with other Nigerians such as Patrick Afun, Pat Nebo, Olumide Ofere and many others. I learnt so much from him and he remained a mentor until his death.”

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159753109993428&id=541223427
Reacting to the news of the death of Lloyd, actress Funke Akindele shared a photo of the deceased on Instagram on Monday.

“Rest in peace Baba. Thank you for all you taught me on the set of ‘I Need to Know’. Your training helped me become what I am today,” she wrote.

https://instagram.com/stories/funkejenifaakindele/2732909412855060728?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=share_sheet

Lloyd directed the hit TV series I Need to Know which also features Funke Akindele, Carol King, Yemi Solade and late Enebeli Elebuwa.

In 1982, Llyod travelled to Nigeria to train the staff at Nigeria’s television network.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by Wazobia2216: 6:13am On Dec 21, 2021
I hope you told him that when he was alive

Rest on!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 21, 2021
I love the series a lot. So much was learned. Funke, a very grateful person too

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by house10s: 7:04am On Dec 21, 2021
Wazobia2216:
I hope you told him that when he was alive

Rest on!

if she even remember him wen he was alive

43 Likes

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by Richy4(m): 7:22am On Dec 21, 2021
Rest in peace sir for making people like me glued to RSTV because of that educative program as a kid..
I may not know u but thank u for sharing your talent in our world...

29 Likes

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by fidelmarshal199: 8:09am On Dec 21, 2021
This series made my childhood mehn. Saturday morning is always a time we look up to because of this shit.

15 Likes

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by elpochas: 9:33am On Dec 21, 2021
I need to know Education is the key.Those days when RSTV was really good with so many programs.Now the station is completely wack with no volume.Thanks Mr director and Funke for dat wonderful program in the late 90s and early 2000.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by tillaman(m): 9:44am On Dec 21, 2021
Rip Sir Lloyd Weaver
I need to know
Such a beautiful series back then I need to know, Flatmates and all
Good ol days

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by younglleo: 9:44am On Dec 21, 2021
chai
Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by slawormiir: 9:45am On Dec 21, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr

I don't know this man

I got no idea what that i need to know program is all about

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by Memphis357(m): 9:45am On Dec 21, 2021
Such memories. RIP, Lloyd Weaver.
Thanks for the memories.
Compare and contrast Funke Akindele's growth and Moyo Lawal's growth from "I Need To Know" to now.
Morale of the story..... Ho's stay losing!

6 Likes

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by elmessiahs(m): 9:45am On Dec 21, 2021
My condolences to his family and acquaintances... RIP

1 Like

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by Romanoff(f): 9:46am On Dec 21, 2021
Some people saying " hope you told him that when he was alive", start by telling those who have made an impact in your own lives how much you value them.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by Scottz: 9:46am On Dec 21, 2021
Eeyah

1 Like

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by almsofgold: 9:46am On Dec 21, 2021
Funke Akindele was a lead actress on that set and she was full of energy. That was some 30yrs ago. Those were the days when TV programs were educative. I need to know was based on challenges kids coming of age were facing, and the questions they asked, especially from their parents, to remedy the situation they were faced with. Nostalgia grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by lessonotes(f): 9:46am On Dec 21, 2021
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. - 2 Corinthians 5 v 10 KJV

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: - Heb. 9 v 27 KJV

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by BigYash: 9:47am On Dec 21, 2021
Good old days…
Rip man!
Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by potbelly(m): 9:47am On Dec 21, 2021
Very educative series that year...

Comments like mine will differentiate between oldies, millennials and genzs

1 Like

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by Dorcmass(m): 9:47am On Dec 21, 2021
RIP
Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 21, 2021
Too bad
Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:47am On Dec 21, 2021
Rest on sir your service to humanity can't be forgotten easily.
Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by Mercury12(m): 9:48am On Dec 21, 2021
What is the name of the other fair guy in I need to know sitcom

1 Like

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:48am On Dec 21, 2021
The indomie generation won't know the amazing series "I need to know"

Aunty Funke was very young then. Life

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by docap23961: 9:49am On Dec 21, 2021
Such a beautiful series back then
Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by SurvivorM(f): 9:49am On Dec 21, 2021
Ok
Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by BanevsJoker(m): 9:49am On Dec 21, 2021
Taught.

1 Like

Re: Lloyd Weaver Is Dead: Funke Akindele Mourns by ntyce(m): 9:49am On Dec 21, 2021
May his soul rest in peace...

Where are the other casts of I Need to know...

Want to know where Hauwa is?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teju Babyface And Tobi Banjoko`s Pre-wedding Pictures / New Pictures Of Serena Williams: Sexy? / Osas And Gbenro Set For Their Wedding In Edo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.