Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,953 members, 7,852,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:59 PM

45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks (525 Views)

Zabarmari Massacre: A Student, Babangida Among Farmers Killed By Boko Haram / Garba Shehu: 43 Farmers Killed By Boko Haram Didn’t Have Clearance To Farm / Zabarmari: Zulum Leads Horrified Kinsmen To Bury 43 Farmers Killed By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by Emergingnation2(m): 7:25am On Dec 21, 2021
45 farmers killed, 5,000 others displaced in Nasarawa attacks

About 45 farmers have been killed and 27 injured, following renewed hostility in Lafia, Obi and Awe local government areas of Nasarawa State.

According to a report by Daily Trust, the first attack which started on Friday morning continued up till Sunday night.

A source said up to 5000 farmers across 12 communities have been displaced as a result of the attacks.

Some of those who sustained injuries are currently receiving treatment at hospitals across Obi, Lafia and Awe Local Government Areas.

However, the state president of Tiv Development Association, TID, Peter Ahemba, who spoke to the newspaper, said over 20 corpses of his kinsmen were recovered across the three local government areas.

He listed the affected communities as Chabo, Daar, Tse-Udugh, Ayaakeke, Kyor-Chiha, Usual and Hagher.

Others are Joor, Angwan, Ayaba, Tyungu and Ugba.

He added that the inhabitants of affected villages had deserted their home for fear of being attacked.

He said: “Over 5,000 persons have been displaced across twelve communities, taking refuge in Obi and Agwatashi towns while some of them have relocated to their relatives in Lafia local government area of the state.

“Over twenty corpses have been recovered so far with the support of security agencies of both the military and the Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa state command.

“Scores are still missing in the bush and we don’t know whether they are alive or death,” he said.

The Police Public Relations Officer of the state command, ASP Ramhan Nansel, explained that a complaint was made on Friday that one Umaru Idrisu of Gidan Washi Village in Obi LGA was attacked and killed by unknown armed men.

He said upon receipt of the complaint, the Commissioner of Police, Adesina Soyemi, immediately drafted the Divisional Police Officer in Obi LGA to move to the scene where the corpse was recovered and later taken to the hospital for post mortem examination before it was released to the family for burial according to Islamic rites.

He said: “While investigation was ongoing, a suspected reprisal attack was carried out by unknown persons in Hangara village, Lafia East Development Area in Lafia LGA and crossed over to the neighboring Kwayero Village of Obi LGA.”

The following persons namely: Sani Dauda, Danjuma Liambee, Uloho Jerry, Shedrack Kente, Boniface John, Tersoo Clement, Gwanje Soja and Ayuba Ali were attacked and killed; their corpses were recovered and taken to the hospital by the Police.

“A joint team of the Nigeria Police Force and the Military has been mobilized to the affected areas with a view to restoring peace and possible arrest of the perpetrators of the dastardly act,” he added.

https://dailynigerian.com/farmers-killed-displaced/

Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by AlexBells(m): 7:28am On Dec 21, 2021
At this point, it is pointless to stress over anything, the situation is overwhelming, I can't pray over this and I don't see no saviour at sight, 1966 comes to mind, whenever you think about drastic solution to these situations, think about your people.

Tribalism had killed the country but well let's enjoy the carcass. If an Ijaw president fought Boko haram it is against the North, let's not even go beyond that, all I can see is a thriving business in murder and maybe subsequently human trafficking but it all seems to be enjoyed by benefitting parties.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by Peterobiisathie(f): 7:30am On Dec 21, 2021
[s]
Emergingnation2:
45 farmers killed, 5,000 others displaced in Nasarawa attacks

About 45 farmers have been killed and 27 injured, following renewed hostility in Lafia, Obi and Awe local government areas of Nasarawa State.

According to a report by Daily Trust, the first attack which started on Friday morning continued up till Sunday night.

A source said up to 5000 farmers across 12 communities have been displaced as a result of the attacks.

Some of those who sustained injuries are currently receiving treatment at hospitals across Obi, Lafia and Awe Local Government Areas.

However, the state president of Tiv Development Association, TID, Peter Ahemba, who spoke to the newspaper, said over 20 corpses of his kinsmen were recovered across the three local government areas.

He listed the affected communities as Chabo, Daar, Tse-Udugh, Ayaakeke, Kyor-Chiha, Usual and Hagher.

Others are Joor, Angwan, Ayaba, Tyungu and Ugba.

He added that the inhabitants of affected villages had deserted their home for fear of being attacked.

He said: “Over 5,000 persons have been displaced across twelve communities, taking refuge in Obi and Agwatashi towns while some of them have relocated to their relatives in Lafia local government area of the state.

“Over twenty corpses have been recovered so far with the support of security agencies of both the military and the Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa state command.

“Scores are still missing in the bush and we don’t know whether they are alive or death,” he said.

The Police Public Relations Officer of the state command, ASP Ramhan Nansel, explained that a complaint was made on Friday that one Umaru Idrisu of Gidan Washi Village in Obi LGA was attacked and killed by unknown armed men.

He said upon receipt of the complaint, the Commissioner of Police, Adesina Soyemi, immediately drafted the Divisional Police Officer in Obi LGA to move to the scene where the corpse was recovered and later taken to the hospital for post mortem examination before it was released to the family for burial according to Islamic rites.

He said: “While investigation was ongoing, a suspected reprisal attack was carried out by unknown persons in Hangara village, Lafia East Development Area in Lafia LGA and crossed over to the neighboring Kwayero Village of Obi LGA.”

The following persons namely: Sani Dauda, Danjuma Liambee, Uloho Jerry, Shedrack Kente, Boniface John, Tersoo Clement, Gwanje Soja and Ayuba Ali were attacked and killed; their corpses were recovered and taken to the hospital by the Police.

“A joint team of the Nigeria Police Force and the Military has been mobilized to the affected areas with a view to restoring peace and possible arrest of the perpetrators of the dastardly act,” he added.

https://dailynigerian.com/farmers-killed-displaced/

[/s] unity beggar with fake news
Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 21, 2021
Fake news by IPOB

You can't be telling me the DSS is sponsoring the killings in the South East and now want to argue with me when I say PDP and IPOB are working together in spreading fake news.
Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by DarkJeddi(m): 7:34am On Dec 21, 2021
Peterobiisathie:
[s][/s] unity beggar with fake news
Shut up angry
Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by DarkJeddi(m): 7:34am On Dec 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Fake news by IPOB
Shut up angry
Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by Peterobiisathie(f): 7:36am On Dec 21, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Shut up angry
cannibal
Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by DarkJeddi(m): 7:36am On Dec 21, 2021
Peterobiisathie:
cannibal
Shut up angry
Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by Emergingnation2(m): 7:36am On Dec 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Fake news by IPOB

You can't be telling me the DSS is sponsoring the killings in the South East and now want to argue with me when I say PDP and IPOB are working together in spreading fake news.

Afonja, the skull mining terrorist, can not recognize fake news when he come cross one grin you are just displaying your disappointment because the news in any where did not mention IPOB.. grin

1 Like

Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:37am On Dec 21, 2021
These fake foreigners claiming to be Nigerians want to cause war in this country it is very evident.

The original Nigerians better wake up and Chase them out.
Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by Racoon(m): 7:39am On Dec 21, 2021
Although many Nigerians are lamenting the security and economic situation of the country under the Muhammadu Buhari presidency, an official has said Nigerians will appreciate the president more when he leaves office.

Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State said this while addressing State House correspondents after he met with President Buhari at the State House...
Abdullahi Sule: Nigerians Will Appreciate Buhari More When He Leaves Office
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/500812-nigerians-will-appreciate-buhari-more-when-he-leaves-office-governor.html

Meanwhile, their governor went asslicking in Abuja even picturing the untrue situation report to pleasurize the ego of the dullard Nigeria have on seat today.
Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by Peterobiisathie(f): 7:40am On Dec 21, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Shut up angry
you can't eat me
Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by Peterobiisathie(f): 7:40am On Dec 21, 2021
Emergingnation2:
unity beggar
Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by IDeyNL: 7:42am On Dec 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Fake news by IPOB

And what stops your FG from arresting those PDP sponsors? You zombies have no brains at all.
Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by Passionate888: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2021
Fake news! The North is very safe and secure. Sai baba!

That's what certified zombies might say
Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by DarkJeddi(m): 8:21am On Dec 21, 2021
Peterobiisathie:
you can't eat me
Shut up angry
Re: 45 Farmers Killed, 5,000 Others Displaced In Nasarawa Attacks by Mynd44: 8:36am On Dec 21, 2021

(1)

I Won’t Anoint Any Candidate — Buhari / FCT: Cultist Brutally Rapes Waitress At Gunpoint, Police Arrests Culprit / Soludo Vows To Terminate All Illegal Revenue Window Contracts March 17th.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.