Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan (44506 Views)

2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by ijustdey: 8:19pm On Dec 22, 2021
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi Ojaja II has narrated how he once attempted to commit suicide but had to change his mind after listening to a series of inspirational music.

He described music as a key component of human existence, an iconic cultural expression and the best endowment from God to humanity for all seasons.

Ooni Ogunwusi gave this narration while speaking at the opening session of the maiden edition of ‘Memorable Moments With Music’ at at The Muson Centre, Lagos, according to a statement from the palace on Wednesday.

The monarch narrated that a loan he took to construct a building made him consider suicide.

He said, “This is a very great moment for me. There is power in music. When I almost committed suicide in my younger age as a real estate business man, it was music that saved my life. Music is a perfect communication with God.

“I had become very successful in the real estate sector at a very young age. I took a loan of N8 billion about 12 years ago to build high rise building which I had to pull down by myself when we were already on the 10th floor, and the money went down the drain.

“Life turned upside down thereafter and the only option was for me to commit suicide, but listening to series of inspirational music reset my thinking faculty to remember the common saying ‘There is Hope When There is Life’.

“I have since then adopted music as a very powerful solution tool when faced with challenges, and I made up mind to invest in music and art for the economic empowerment and mental liberation of our youths and the less privileged people in our society. Ladies and gentlemen, whatever you are going through, please don’t give up. Use inspirational music to elevate your spirit

“This is indeed a calling for me and I feel so happily fulfilled tonight with this 1st day of this musical project, a 3 day musical show which I tagged ‘Memorable Moments With Music’.”

The African foremost monarch stated that he has taken it as part of the overall mission of the House of Oduduwa to establish a viable model of social cohesion.

https://punchng.com/how-i-almost-committed-suicide-ooni-of-ife/

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by anthonyuncle(m): 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
suicide is never the way out.

see how his life turned around.

that amount is nothing to him currently

213 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Merlissa(f): 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2021
Wowu!!

What GOD cannot do, doesn't exist!

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Opeyemic01: 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2021
Music is a powerful tool really

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by ki02020(m): 9:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
Mehhhhhnnnn

Everybody once had it rough at a point in our lives
Most important is for us to react and leave above those down moments

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by ygowon: 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2021
Life simply means wahala. There's no person without wahala. It's how u see your own wahala that matters. If u see it as bigger than u, Na u Sabi.

By the way, Bible already made provision for everything u need to know about life and it's troubles.

Proverbs 31:6-7
Amplified Bible

Give strong drink [as medicine] to him who is ready to pass away,
And wine to him whose life is bitter.
Let him drink and forget his poverty
And no longer remember his trouble.

So, if ur own wahala too much that you are contemplating killing yourself, please visit the nearest shayo store to buy correct shayo drink. Don't buy snipper abeg.

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by orisa37: 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2021
"KAABIESI, OGO NI FUN OLORUN OLODUMARE.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by orisa37: 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2021
"KAABIESI, OGO NI FUN OLORUN OLODUMARE.

YOUR MAJESTY, MAY ALL GLORY AND WORSHIP BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by slivertongue: 11:34pm On Dec 22, 2021
Thank God you didn't. You would have missed being king.

Lesson learn to endure any challenge

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by andysnoopy(m): 11:39pm On Dec 22, 2021
How did he pay back the Loan? As Ooni??

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 23, 2021
I have the Video grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by soundOsonic: 4:43am On Dec 23, 2021
Everybody with grass to grace story. Even person them born with golden spoon

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by phemmyfour: 5:01am On Dec 23, 2021
Suicide is never an option

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by bcomputer101: 5:10am On Dec 23, 2021
Kabiyesi ooo.

As an Igbo man wey i be, how I wish this man can rule us and our next generation in Onitsha for just a month. He's the most respected king in Nigeria.
I cherish him for always saying the truth to authorities in power

Long live Oni (The most respected king in Africa)

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by BlackfireX: 5:46am On Dec 23, 2021
Awolowo.... otapia

Ooni ..... suicide

This people eeehhh

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by QuickStandard: 7:58am On Dec 23, 2021
Music is life....... Not jargons though......

Please, don't take your life no matter what.. There's still hope.....

We buy condemned inverter batteries, used batteries, scrapped inverter batteries. You can sell them to us at cool instant cash this festive period and make good money.
We pickup from any location. Call or WhatsApp us on the numbers below. Merry Christmas

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by neurowale001(m): 7:58am On Dec 23, 2021
sad
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by rokavit647: 7:58am On Dec 23, 2021
undecided
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Wazobia2216: 7:58am On Dec 23, 2021
ijustdey:

He said, “This is a very great moment for me. There is power in music. When I almost committed suicide in my younger age as a real estate business man, it was music that saved my life. Music is a perfect communication with God.

“I had become very successful in the real estate sector at a very young age. I took a loan of N8 billion about 12 years ago to build high rise building which I had to pull down by myself when we were already on the 10th floor, and the money went down the drain.
https://punchng.com/how-i-almost-committed-suicide-ooni-of-ife/
Now this is an inspiring story!

A true picture of life itself!

Not some people that will only come and keep telling you how they got it right all through!

King, thank you for sharing! But why pull down a story building from 10th floor

What went wrong Some people go say na village people now undecided

#Ooni please shed more light

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by bankolefun(m): 7:59am On Dec 23, 2021
E shock me!!
Last 9t Mr Bayo do my guy strong thing, i dy him house so. I dy console am make e nor reason like the subject of this post.. grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by TimmyTen(m): 7:59am On Dec 23, 2021
Life comes with many ups and downs but how you come out of it defines you.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by pyro62(m): 8:00am On Dec 23, 2021
ygowon:
Life simply means wahala. There's no person without wahala. It's how u see your own wahala that matters. If u see it as bigger than u, Na u Sabi.

Truthy truth

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by Disclaimer12: 8:00am On Dec 23, 2021
undecided
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by haconjy(m): 8:00am On Dec 23, 2021
I dey wonder someone go just think say e won kill himself.

Is it not better to do ritual make money, if escape enjoy your life than committing suicide ?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:00am On Dec 23, 2021
Omo

And some family members will be seeing him as a stingy man wey no dey give money undecided
Even the rich get richer problems

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Bird Just Pooed On Me (Photo) / Oyinbo Men In Enugu Drinking Palm Wine And Local Dish (Photos) / Funny Naija Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.