Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON (12351 Views)

AFCON Qualifier: Eguavoen To Lead Super Eagles Again / Which Senegal Team Is The Golden Generation 2002 WC Team Or 2021 AFCON Team? / Gernot Rohr: It Is Very Difficult For Nigeria To Win 2021 AFCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by robosky02(m): 10:52am On Dec 23, 2021
New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON – Pinnick
President of the Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Pinnick has refused to rule out the possibility of an expatriate coach leading the Super Eagles to the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon, reports Completesports.com.

Technical director of NFF Austine Eguavoen has been placed in temporary charge of team following the sacking of Gernot Rohr.

Eguavoen, who guided the West Africans to third place at 2006 AFCON in Egypt is widely expected to lead the Super Eagles in Cameroon, but Pinnick insisted the NFF remain open to the possibility of appointing a new head coach before the start of the competition.

“If the coach will give us the Nations Cup, he will be drafted in immediately,”Pinnick said during a parley with the media on Wednesday.

“I am not going to tell you that it will be later, because of what essence is the recruitment? If the executive committee says yes and we are ready, what are we waiting for?

“When I spoke with one of the coaches on Tuesday, he was already scouting our players and was telling me things I didn’t even know about our players.

“It was quite impressive and he told me the strength of each player and he took me off guard. We are not going to experiment and if he can win the Nations Cup, no problem.

“We know Eguavoen can do it, but we also want someone who can do it better. If we are unable to sign him soon, then we will work with the current team. But I am not going to tell you that if we have him signed today, he is not going to lead the team to the AFCON.”

https://www.completesports.com/new-foreign-coach-could-lead-super-eagles-to-2021-afcon-pinnick/

2 Likes

Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by robosky02(m): 11:03am On Dec 23, 2021
I hope amaju will not end up confusing Nigerian's

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by kheny12(m): 11:40am On Dec 23, 2021
robosky02:

If he like's,He can confused his village people's .Super Eagles must win this Afcon Anything else is a failure from the NFF to the players.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by paulolee(m): 12:15pm On Dec 23, 2021
I still think is better for our interim coach mr.eguavon to lead us to AFCON, let the foreigner watch from d stands n learn how best he can utilize our players for worldcup or work as a techincal adviser to our interim coach..
the new coach rushing to take the eagles to AFCON would mean disaster, eguavon is our best bet for AFCON bcox the foreigner may struggle to even get used to our environment n winning AFCON isnt a rocket science.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by paulolee(m): 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2021
robosky02:

I stopped reading when I saw him say "we know eguavon can do it but we also want who can do it better"
wat level of confusion is that?? eguavon can lead d team n win trophies, why dnt u gv him the contract let him learn more n do it better? how sure is pinnick to kno dt the foreign coach can do better than austin? they keep talking about experience, how do our local coaches get national team experience wen we keep downgrading ours all bcoz of an unknown foreigner dt isnt even known in his own country, or is it bcox of his wite skin?
I tink pinnick av lost it... he should watch his steps or d next call would be asking for his sack...

5 Likes

Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by slawormiir: 12:37pm On Dec 23, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr

I have a feeling we are grabbing that trophy come 2022

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Unclelimma(m): 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2021
In such a short period?
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Deflames01(m): 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2021
W
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Factfinder1(m): 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
ooni of ife and wife has separated and the news has been everywhere since an hour ago but not on naira but if its nonsense unreasonable BBNaija and tonto dikeh news it would have been on front page....nairaland is gradually turning to a shit site
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by ImmaculateJOE(m): 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
Why the obsession with foreign coach..?

From 1998 till date, World Cup winning coaches are indigent of that same country.. And are mostly former players..

5 Likes

Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by bigdammyj: 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
Okay
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Harrynight(m): 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
shocked

I KEEP SAYING IF WE CANNOT AFFORD TO HIRE A GRADE A EXPERIENCED AND QUALIFIED FOREIGN COACH LET'S STICK TO OUR NIGERIAN AFRICAN COACH

4 Likes

Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Thinktwicemybro: 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
We don't have super eagles, all our players have dual citizenship. Now they have brought a coach that have never won a trophy to lead the team.
Who did this to us.

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Longevo(m): 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
It will end in tears ���
Knowing the players and their strengths alone is not enough. He needs to understand African football as he is a novice in Africa.
I wish the team good luck in Cameroon and Qatar. 2022 is going to be a good year for Nigerian football

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 23, 2021
ok
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Samunique(m): 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2021
Confused man !!!

He only came to Nigerian football, to steal, kill and destroy undecided

This man has ruined Nigerian football, the only thing he achieved is having his own dreams fulfilled by using the platform to get appointments in CAF and FIFA.

4 Likes

Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by lailo: 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2021
You will end up bringing a gay coach that Jesus will not be happy with.Reason we are loosing matches......

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Thryphosa(m): 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2021
paulolee:

I stopped reading when I saw him say "we know eguavon can do it but we also want who can do it better"
wat level of confusion is that?? eguavon can lead d team n win trophies, why dnt u gv him the contract let him learn more n do it better? how sure is pinnick to kno dt the foreign coach can do better than austin? they keep talking about experience, how do our local coaches get national team experience wen we keep downgrading ours all bcoz of an unknown foreigner dt isnt even known in his own country, or is it bcox of his wite skin?
I tink pinnick av lost it... he should watch his steps or d next call would be asking for his sack...

Thanks bro, you have said it all. The man is confused!
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by chrisxxx(m): 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2021
Your choppings your headache
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Rastaramsey(m): 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2021
Make Nigeria go collect better tactician

Nothing dey show for their game

He just be like say them just dey cum play o.g.o for field grin grin
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2021
Could?!
Are you all okay?!
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Samunique(m): 12:44pm On Dec 23, 2021
lailo:
You will end up bringing a gay coach that Jesus will not be happy with.Reason we are loosing matches......
You see how unreasonable you are ?

What has Jesus got to do with this post ?
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by xynerise: 12:45pm On Dec 23, 2021
So the magic is " foreign"?
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by kenzysmith: 12:47pm On Dec 23, 2021
Picnnick Is right if u ask me what d point allowing eguaveon to lead a team to a crucial tornament interim coach dont lead team to tornaments
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Abujason: 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2021
Why won’t he think like that? We worship any light skinned expatriates like gods. Same reason we graduate engineers every year but hire foreigners to build our infrastructures. When shall we start having some confidence in the ability of our own people?
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Cmanforall: 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2021
robosky02:

He's already confusing Nigerians

I hope they don't sign deals that will make it difficult to sack him
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Abujason: 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2021
Factfinder1:
ooni of ife and wife has separated and the news has been everywhere since an hour ago but not on naira but if its nonsense unreasonable BBNaija and tonto dikeh news it would have been on front page....nairaland is gradually turning to a shit site

So you no get hand to post it here?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by joeking2222: 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2021
robosky02:
New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON – Pinnick

https://www.completesports.com/new-foreign-coach-could-lead-super-eagles-to-2021-afcon-pinnick/

I will not b SURPRISED if SUDAN beat us self!!! Coach wey never understand wat AFRICAN football is, na hm dem wan rush make he lead us next month ni? Person wey no fit win league cup for d ARAB NATION, or even their own ARAB CUP sef, na hm PICNIK and hm people dey rush like BANGA SOUP and STARCH? We never ready to WIN!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by kenzysmith: 1:09pm On Dec 23, 2021
Samunique:
Confused man !!!

He only came to Nigerian football, to steal, kill and destroy undecided

This man has ruined Nigerian football, the only thing he achieved is having his own dreams fulfilled by using the platform to get appointments in CAF and FIFA.
hw did he ruin naija football because he refuse to appoint a local coach he is d best nff president ever oya cry some more no ugly local coach for u.
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by mrkings84(m): 1:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
Cool
Re: Pinnick: New Foreign Coach Could Lead Super Eagles To 2021 AFCON by Freelancer2020(m): 1:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
Factfinder1:

It's seem the ooni issue is giving you joy because if not, why would you be spamming every threads just to repeat the same thing over and over again? do you have work and life at all?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

AFCON 2021: Ghana To Dismiss Coach Rajevac / Bash Ali Was Not Assaulted - Dalung, Sports Minister / Inter Milan Set To Sign Alexis Sanchez Permanently From Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.