Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:07 PM

Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank (51087 Views)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest Man, Now Worth $7.2 Billion / CBN Licences Titan Trust Bank, TAJ Bank And Globus Bank / INNOSON: FIDELITY Bank Takes Advantage Of Gtb's Predicament - Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by PrinceInTheNort: 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2021
alfredilly:

This bank use to be a leading first generation bank in the 90s. My uncle M. O. Neri was the assistant general manager until his death in 1997. Only one Aboki man was ahead of him probably due to military hegemony. My uncle was the the real brain driving the corporation. His office was located at 40 Marina in Lagos. The bank has never been the same ever since. They probably failed to compete with the digitized first generation ban
Is Lai Muhammed your uncle

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by 99thEnemy(m): 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2021
chyzoo4u:
I listened to one Fr. Mbaka message some years ago on how the bank will get problem.

Do anyone remember?

Anyone who understands basic economics and had even a surface idea of how the management were running things could see it coming.

Stop being gullible in the name of prophetic anointing.

4 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by enomakos(m): 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2021
So Mr lemo still de?
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by lookingfly: 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2021
Na there my money de oooo, I no wan hear stories ooo
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Nukilia: 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2021
iboboyswag:
The third transfer of ownership in 10years. Something really is amiss.

This is by far Nigeria's biggest bank by asset but liquidity issues continues to be their albatross.

In other news, there is a need for the new management as a matter of urgent importance to show leadership in driving innovative solutions that can push sales through the various customer segments with particular emphasis on the youth segment of the market.

This would require a conscious rebranding in its operations, communications and marketing business units, supported by a robust IT infrastructure to handle the demands of today's banking needs.

There is still a viable banking customer base in Nigeria. The unbanked in semi-urban and rural areas and the large cache of disgruntled customers of most of the banks are potent prospects the bank can leverage.

The bank needs to grow and sustain its ability to generate liquidity as no amount of foreign capital inflow would sustain it for long, if it is not carving it's share of the market.

Just my two cents wey no body ask me.

You forgot to talk about the disgruntled staffs and staffs with archaic ideologies.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by alabi484(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2021
Kingzy4pep:
You nor see anything bro.. Nor carry lie enter newyear sha

Lmao, make i no talk
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Nukilia: 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2021
99thEnemy:

Anyone who understands basic economics and had even a surface idea of how the management were running things could see it coming.

Stop being gullible in the name of prophetic anointing.

You are correct!
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Kingzy4pep(m): 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2021
alabi484:

Lmao, make i no talk
Haha... This man
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by eminikansoso(m): 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
membranus:

Keep it up, you are on right track.

Very soon Stephen Hawking will be envying you from the grave.
grin grin
Ha ha
You wicked ooo

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Blackdisciple(m): 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2021
Hmmm that new bank..

Union bank shame ok you

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by airsaylongcome: 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2021
MRDEE01:
Lizard swallow crocodile.
Soon LAPO will take over CBN in this country

TTB nobi lizard sef. Na Wall gecko dem be. And e be like say na dinosaur dem don swallow laidis

2 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by oluwaahmed: 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2021
iboboyswag:

This is by far Nigeria's biggest bank by asset but liquidity issues continues to be their albatross.

In other news, there is a need for the new management as a matter of urgent importance to show leadership in driving innovative solutions that can push sales through the various customer segments with particular emphasis on the youth segment of the market.

This would require a conscious rebranding in its operations, communications and marketing business units, supported by a robust IT infrastructure to handle the demands of today's banking needs.

There is still a viable banking customer base in Nigeria. The unbanked in semi-urban and rural areas and the large cache of disgruntled customers of most of the banks are potent prospects the bank can leverage.

The bank needs to grow and sustain its ability to generate liquidity as no amount of foreign capital inflow would sustain it for long, if it is not carving it's share of the market.

Nice one, although your analysis is 5 years old. Access Bank is now the biggest bank in terms of asset, followed by Zenith, FBN, UBA & GTB.x Union was probably the biggest in the 80's. also, They already did all those things you said when the Americans took it over. They rebranded the bank, significantly improved their IT infrastructure and employed young but experienced staff. Little wonder why in 2020 they were the 5th highest bank in terms of PBT.What just happened is foreigners leaving the scene for indigenes nothing more or less.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Hkff: 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2021
Hmm
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by muheeb01(m): 10:25pm On Dec 23, 2021
iboboyswag:

nice write up sir kudos
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by iboboyswag(m): 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
oluwaahmed:

Nice one, although your analysis is 5 years old. Access Bank is now the biggest bank in terms of asset, followed by Zenith, FBN, UBA & GTB.x Union was probably the biggest in the 80's. also, They already did all those things you said when the Americans took it over. They rebranded the bank, significantly improved their IT infrastructure and employed young but experienced staff. Little wonder why in 2020 they were the 5th highest bank in terms of PBT.What just happened is foreigners leaving the scene for indigenes nothing more or less.

Hmmmm...

Foreigners leaving for locals?? Have Significantly improved infrastructure that still suffers??

Quite telling.

Anyways, while I would agree that an attempt at rebranding was initiated, but as onegig has said, it was mediocre at best.

The bank needs a new vision and good liquidity to carry it through and only that would determine if these new owners won't be searching for new takers in the very close future.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:41pm On Dec 23, 2021
nograv:

Exactly..

Explain how a bank founded in 2018 managed to acquire a 107 year old veteran commercial bank??

Where did it even get the capital from??

I'm surprised nobody asked this question. How did titan trust bank get enough funds to buy out Union bank? Or is the bank already functional in countries outside Nigeria?

Same way one heritage Bank is standing strong. I wonder who banks with them. I only see them in the North, and the few branches I've seen in the south look like microfinance banks

2 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by kushe: 10:47pm On Dec 23, 2021
kolexy:

I think Tunde Lemo is just a figure heard Chairman. The real owners of Titan Trust Bank are noy known, at least to the public. But I suspect some folks up north.

False !!
Titan is owned by foreigners.
In a few weeks,their identify will be revealed.
Someone said a lizard swallowed a crocodile, funny but in actual terms it is a case of a living dog being better than a dead lion.
Union and First Bank derailed long ago,but First Bank was able to raise capital just before the collapse of 09.
Union wanted to raise 500 Billion back then,but the issue flopped.If they had raised that money,they would have become No 2, albeit an incompetent sloppy No 1.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Eddykul(m): 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2021
Faller:
Any day wey I go break my Kolo, the next day I dey go take over Access Bank,

They want to kill my inner man with unexplained debit...

abeg i no dey try anything,,,, Access Bank is killing my inner man, so you want Zenith to kill my outer man as well......No thank you...At least make one of those men still remain...

Lol I use both but Zenith Bank is a killer, especially for international payment, their charges ehn grin
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Emerie22(m): 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
adelaja70:
Tunde Lemo... Former CBN big boy.

U sabi book
He was Deputy Governor of CBN for many years

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by VickyRotex(f): 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
If you're still up, the game is still on in the Games section. Feel free to join here. Lots of prizes already won, and a lot more to be won!!! cool

https://www.nairaland.com/1789389/comment-without-like-wins-likers/693#108764187
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by MartinsD12(m): 10:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
Mood11:
I will not allow Access Bank to kill me with debits, transferring assets to Piggybank soon.
When that piggy go crash eeh
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Starz825(m): 11:22pm On Dec 23, 2021
jidamsel43:
Buhari is affecting the major financial institutions too. Please, how many days remain for Buhari to finally leave Abuja?
As in ..if I tell you say a lot of people don't remember that we are going into 2022, most being thinking it's 2023...
Pole can't just wait for this buhari regime to end

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Ofolete: 1:19am On Dec 24, 2021
chyzoo4u:
I listened to one Fr. Mbaka message some years ago on how the bank will get problem.

Do anyone remember?

They have used your brain chop garri in his business centre.

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by naijaman2225(m): 1:30am On Dec 24, 2021
nograv:

Exactly..

Explain how a bank founded in 2018 managed to acquire a 107 year old veteran commercial bank??

GOOD QUESTION. NEXT THING WE WILL BE HEARING OF ASSET STRIPPING AND MISMANAGEMENT OF CUSTOMERS DEPOSITS.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by naijaman2225(m): 1:34am On Dec 24, 2021
Joysticks:
Why are the management not prosecuted for corruption in these banks that gives out bad loans?
BECAUSE THOSE WHO GAVE THE LOANS AND THOSE WHO RECEIVE ARE MEMBERS OF THE SAME CLUB.

2 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by naijaman2225(m): 1:49am On Dec 24, 2021
lookingfly:
Na there my money de oooo, I no wan hear stories ooo
TRANSFER YOUR MONEY TO SOMEWHERE ELSE. WHEN YOU SEE AN UNKNOWN ENTITY TAKING OVER AN ESTABLISHED BRAND YOU EITHER RUN FOR THE GATES OR PREPARE FOR A WILD RIDE.

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Ouchbabe(f): 2:22am On Dec 24, 2021
TGM2015:

SOURCE: https://www.proshareng.com/news/Mergers---Acquisitions/Titan-Trust-Bank-Takes-Over-Union-Bank,-/60587

Am I still in Nigeria? Walahi I never hear the name of this bank before.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by victorcalm(m): 3:30am On Dec 24, 2021
Good one, Waiting for First Bank of Nigeria to be Taken too, First Bank has lost his reputation, non challant staffs, negligence, ATMs don't work, the ones that works stops working immediately after staffs closes for the day, First Bank please Globus Bank should make an Offer to Buy them off.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Twoclans(f): 4:18am On Dec 24, 2021
Nukilia:

You forgot to talk about the disgruntled staffs and staffs with archaic ideologies.

Lol

This archaic ideology got me rolling on the floor.I went to one of their branches to reactivate an account I wanted to use for something .After the normal basic reactivation documentation. The customer service lady requested I should make a deposit into the account and give her a physical teller evidence . shocked I could not believe my ears.

I told her that I had done alot of transfers into the account and while sitting in front of her I was still moving money electronically into the account .This lady insisted she wants paper teller evidence .

I just called the driver I came with to go across the road and make a pos deposit into the account and bring a slip since they (Union Bank) accept only drop box deposits and the network for the drop box was also not working that day.

When this incidence played out two weeks ago I knew it was just a matter of time for that bank to go under .

3 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Twoclans(f): 4:22am On Dec 24, 2021
nograv:

Exactly..

My dear it is not about how old cheesy Is the bank liquid ?

Union bank totally refused to rebrand and realign.The old and archaic bankers there wont allow things move forward.

Union bank is a bank were you can see a father,son and grandson as staff in the bank.

3 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by lookingfly: 6:31am On Dec 24, 2021
naijaman2225:

TRANSFER YOUR MONEY TO SOMEWHERE ELSE. WHEN YOU SEE AN UNKNOWN ENTITY TAKING OVER AN ESTABLISHED BRAND YOU EITHER RUN FOR THE GATES OR PREPARE FOR A WILD RIDE.
hmmmmm..... Na true Sha
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by chyzoo4u(m): 6:32am On Dec 24, 2021
Ofolete:

They have used your brain chop garri in his business centre.

You're very stupi.d!!!

I'd!0+!

You don't know your mate....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Celebrates His Triplets' 14th Birthday (Photos) / How Can Somebody Be Selling Catapult For A Living / The Cars Aliko Dangote Donated To Police Force (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.