Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,552 members, 7,850,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:30 AM

Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank (51082 Views)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest Man, Now Worth $7.2 Billion / CBN Licences Titan Trust Bank, TAJ Bank And Globus Bank / INNOSON: FIDELITY Bank Takes Advantage Of Gtb's Predicament - Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by DaveHarry(m): 8:05am On Dec 24, 2021
But hope it won't affect customers money in their accounts smiley
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Bbbwings: 9:17am On Dec 24, 2021
aieromon:
Access v Diamond part 2

Age is nothing but a number....the older banks seem to suffer from poor corporate governance and accumulation of toxic debts over the last couple of years. Union Bank was hit by poor management and the 30bn collateral-free loan facility given to Ololo who was manipulating the stock exchange during that period. It's a wonder how they remained standing after Sanusi flushed away the defaulting CEOs at that time.

https://www.nairaland.com/326159/peter-ololo-biggest-bank-debtor

First Bank should take note.
See as you open yansh with 2009 article cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Bimpe29: 9:29am On Dec 24, 2021
Union Bank has refused to join the bandwagons as far as dynamics in the banking industry is concerned.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by RodgersAkpafu: 9:51am On Dec 24, 2021
Reference:

Hmmm... yeah.
With the report that... was it 95 percent of depositors (the citizens of Nigeria by extension) hold/have no more than $1,000 in their checking accounts.... sympotomatic of WASP.... Widespread And Serious Poverty.
You got me laughing with the WASP
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by OrganicCluster(m): 10:21am On Dec 24, 2021
iboboyswag:
The third transfer of ownership in 10years. Something really is amiss.

This is by far Nigeria's biggest bank by asset but liquidity issues continues to be their albatross.

Modification

Accessbank today holds the position of Nigeria's biggest bank by asset.

In other news, there is a need for the new management as a matter of urgent importance to show leadership in driving innovative solutions that can push sales through the various customer segments with particular emphasis on the youth segment of the market.

This would require a conscious rebranding in its operations, communications and marketing business units, supported by a robust IT infrastructure to handle the demands of today's banking needs.

There is still a viable banking customer base in Nigeria. The unbanked in semi-urban and rural areas and the large cache of disgruntled customers of most of the banks are potent prospects the bank can leverage.

The bank needs to grow and sustain its ability to generate liquidity as no amount of foreign capital inflow would sustain it for long, if it is not carving it's share of the market.

Just my two cents wey no body ask me.

THEY SHOULD ALSO LOOK CLOSELY TO DELVING INTO DECENTRALIZED FINANCE THROUGH BBLOCKCHAIN TECH. THIS IS WHERE GLOBAL FINANCE IS HEADED.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by EdwardRandy(m): 10:35am On Dec 24, 2021
Rebuke:
Like seriously? Well, if our money is safe no wahala.

No wonder they didn't wish me happy birthday this year. Only dem no send me happy birthday message this year, maybe dem don exhaust their airtime ni cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You no well.. cheesy
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by TGM2015: 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2021
Ouchbabe:

Am I still in Nigeria? Walahi I never hear the name of this bank before.
Titan is a digital bank not the normal commercial banks that we know of.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by nograv: 5:12pm On Dec 24, 2021
Twoclans:

My dear it is not about how old cheesy Is the bank liquid ?

Union bank totally refused to rebrand and realign.The old and archaic bankers there wont allow things move forward.

Union bank is a bank were you can see a father,son and grandson as staff in the bank.

I appreciate what you are saying, but there are veteran banks in the UK that have stood the test of time like Lloyds

The bank is run horrendously and isn't even remotely competitive, but it isn't being taken over.. Also old approaches have their merits, in 2007 financial crisis, it was the banks that kept to good old fashioned risk adverse approaches that walked away largely unscathed

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Ouchbabe(f): 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
TGM2015:

Titan is a digital bank not the normal commercial banks that we know of.
Alright. Thanks
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by alfredilly: 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2021
PrinceInTheNort:
Is Lai Muhammed your uncle

This sound like a lie to you. You are entitled to your own opinion
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by alabi484(m): 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kingzy4pep:
Haha... This man

Leave me jare...Merry Christmas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Celebrates His Triplets' 14th Birthday (Photos) / How Can Somebody Be Selling Catapult For A Living / The Cars Aliko Dangote Donated To Police Force (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.