Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) (4777 Views)

Poll: Are you in support of Sharia Banking?

Yes: 43% (80 votes)
No: 48% (89 votes)
Undecide: 8% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Firstbank Nigeria Launches Its Premium Banking Lounge In Lagos & Abuja! / Do You Support The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy (poll) / Dangers Of Allowing Sanusi Lamido Implement Sharia Banking - Learn From The USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by member479760: 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2011
i will prefer sharia electricity if is gonna be 24/7.
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by olawalebabs(m): 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2011
I love that
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by MeGaStReEt: 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2011
no way
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by Dansy(f): 10:16pm On Jun 16, 2011
no way, sharia banking is evil. It will not do us any good. Nigeria is not an islamic nation. Sanusi is a religion fanatic.
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by Dsense(m): 10:18pm On Jun 16, 2011
OP.

Yes!!! grin
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by Ayowumie(m): 12:42am On Jun 17, 2011
In as much as we have christian and muslim universities, Sharia banking system would not be a bad idea. At least there have been some sharia trading firm registered in NSE. They go by the name "halal".

But on the other thought, Sharia banking system will plunge this nation into chaos because of our northern religious fanatic. They will see it to mean that Nigerian nation belongs to the muslim alone. The policy implementation of the system will be flawed. So why gambling on such a thing? The end of system will be terrible.
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by olawalebabs(m): 6:41am On Jun 17, 2011
Let's get something clear, being a sharia bank does not means it will be in the hand of muslims. No in uk, the 1st islamic bank is headed by a christain
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 17, 2011
2buff:

What is sharia banking?

Do they reserve the right to cut off your arm in the event of a NSF (Non-sufficient funds) cheque payment? undecided

No one has answered my question still undecided
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by olawalebabs(m): 7:18am On Jun 17, 2011
No, criminal case is prosecute by the state and according to the state law. Cutting of hand is not part of sharia banking. Clear
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 17, 2011
^^ Okay that makes it no different from the other banks so I plea "bullcrap" to that explanation.

There is definitely a dire difference somewhere for them to feel they have to actually use the term "Sharia" in banking.
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by juman(m): 7:38am On Jun 17, 2011
Definitely yes.
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by olawalebabs(m): 8:13am On Jun 17, 2011
Check it out, those clamouring against it are doing so not because the idea is not good, but because the mindset they have against any thing islam cum sharia, check it out
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by Ayoobscom(m): 9:46am On Jun 17, 2011
I see Xtian Painting

Everyday painting white into black

Everyhours branding the devil into hero

In songs on Televisoin radio we all see

In reactions interractions we all felt

Covering up the beauty of Qur'an

Hating the real words of God

And Carrying poems written by fellow sinful men

Given up to a false religion of entertainment

Islam is pure from Allah, imagine praying five times daily

Islam is beautiful, imams not seeking for salary

Shariah is the most generous law, imagine banking without interest

The words of God, cannot be compared to ma's art

Everyday i see Xtians

i see them sweating

biffing what even their heart loves

denying What even their soul admire

Shariah banking is the only mutual bank

Others are cheats and nothing more

Islam is beautiful , the only way to heaven, Accept Islam today, and be saved,
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by femmy2010(m): 11:08am On Jun 17, 2011
begwong:

[b]SO LONG THAT IT WILL NOT INVOLVE THE AMPUTATION OF ANY BODY PARTS IF YOU DEFAULT IN YOUR BANKING OBLIGATIONS,IT IS WELCOMED! grin grin[/b]

lol
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by kufreabasi(m): 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2011
which banking have we been running before? Is it christian banking?
Is that why they want to change it to islamic or moslem banking?
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2011
Apparently anything that doesn't have Sharia on it is Christian. Look Christianity has turned into some sort of broad term. Only few are really Christians.
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by bong4(m): 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2011
I personally dont trust these muslims. their antecedents shows that such a bank might end up sponsoring what boko haram and its like in Nigeria. Nigerains beware!!!!
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 17, 2011
^^ Thank you.  grin

This could pretty much be the script to their advert:

<arab-accent>
"Hello Infidels.
Tired of the lack of death and slaughter in your streets? Would you like to support your local terrorrrrist cell?
Well Al-Salam-Kurifat Bank is the bank furr you. You can rest assured that all your precious money is being invested into only the most grievous and most ruthless acts of terrrror. Not these low-quality ones you arrrre hearing about. This is why our interrrest rate furr savings account is SO HIGH and good furr you.

Some of you may think we will cut of arrm or collect left eye if you default on payment  (smiles and stops there  cheesy).

Al-Salam-Kurifat bank. The new way to bank.    wink "

</arab-accent>
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by olawalebabs(m): 4:37pm On Jun 17, 2011
May God forgive you for you know not what you are saying
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2011
How so? I am making fun of a non-existent bank.
and will you tell me now that if a Sharia [/b]bank opened up, it wouldn't in some way support the defenders of [b]Sharia aka Boko haram?

Cast all naivete aside and answer please.
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by olawalebabs(m): 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2011
Try and understand the concept of sharia banking before comment. I have explain it on this thread.
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by olawalebabs(m): 4:44am On Jun 18, 2011
bong4:

I personally dont trust these muslims. their antecedents shows that such a bank might end up sponsoring what boko haram and its like in Nigeria. Nigerains beware!!!!
which antecedent will not make you not to trust muslim?
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by bong4(m): 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2011
Olawaleba, well you are right to defend what you believe in but if you can tell me one good thing that have come out of the northern muslims in Nigeria in recent times, i will support your sharia or islamic banking. To be truthful if not that i have some southern muslims as friends and they are very sincere with what they preach, i would have concluded that islam is a religion of violence.
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by olawalebabs(m): 9:10pm On Jun 18, 2011
Thank you, i love it when i share idea with an open minded fellow like you. The scourge of HIV is far low in the northern part of the country than the southern part, even more low in "sharia" practicing state of Zamfara
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by mystikal(m): 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2011
This Topic has been discussed before, I'm guessing
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by bestman09(m): 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2011
god forbid
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by bestman09(m): 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2011
god forbid
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by udezue(m): 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2011
Oh NO
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by olawalebabs(m): 4:25am On Jun 21, 2011
The governor of CBN yesterday in Senegal disclose that plans are already in place to licence the first in the series of islamic bank in the next 18 months. He further said JAIZ bank is still holding an interim licence pending the time it will fulfil all the requirement needed.
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by olawalebabs(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2011
Details of the conference to follow soon
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by Gbenge77(m): 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2011
No,i dont.
Re: Do You Support Sharia Banking (Poll) by olawalebabs(m): 2:33pm On Jun 22, 2011
finally gives approval in principle to first islamic bank
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/cbn-licenses-first-islamic-bank-nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Lucrative Business Can 500k Start / MTN Nigeria Reports 11.2% Rise In Revenue As Subscriber Drops / Crude Oil Price Hits Two-week High At $74 As US Inventories Drop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.