Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) (26538 Views)

Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) / Pastor Survives Accident Which Killed 6 On Lagos-Ibadan Road. Graphic Photos / Man Survives Accident Which Killed 7 Passengers Including Bus Driver. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by KennethEnyi(m): 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2021
If you don’t have money for flight then leave it don’t be stupid enough to travel by road in this Nigeria especially to east stop traveling to village by road o dear stupid Igbo people if you don’t go to village this year there is always next year you will not die….
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by candidbabe(f): 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
Thank God for your life.
Our God is the very present help in time of trouble.
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by richiblink: 4:12pm On Dec 24, 2021
Thank God for saving you.

And may the soul of the departed one's rest in peace
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 24, 2021
Timoleon:

[b]Whose name exactly? undecided

The Ex-Masters.

“People died, many injured...”

...I only got a dent on my car ‘may his name be praised’
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by andyanders: 4:23pm On Dec 24, 2021
The crowed shoule have lynched the police and the frsc on the spot.
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2021
MelesZenawi:
May his name be praised.
Guess the dead will not be joining in that prayer? angry
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 4:26pm On Dec 24, 2021
KennethEnyi:
If you don’t have money for flight then leave it don’t be stupid enough to travel by road in this Nigeria especially to east stop traveling to village by road o dear stupid Igbo people if you don’t go to village this year there is always next year you will not die….
Shut up angry

Accidents happen everywhere.

Shut up!!

You are a very stupid fellow!!! angry
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by TundeEdnut35(m): 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2021
Reference:
Blame the failed endSARS protest/movement that has failed to reform how the police and other law enforcement services operate.
The legacy of the civil war which ended in 1971 is the notorious 'checkpoint' that has proved totally ineffectual in combating crime yet has remained a security staple costing citizens millions in extortion rackets and countless lives. Yet the citizens have not found it worthy to demand for 'another' way to enforce the law and secure the country from crime.

It is a testament to the lack of progress in our nationhood that we still grapple with a security system that is only deployed in war torn countries.
What is it about the 'checkpoint' that makes it imperative.
Is there no other way to secure Nigeria.?
The Civil war ended January 15, 1970 not 1971
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by gnhpowerhouse: 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2021
The remaining Days in 2021 ...Keep Saying and Shooting Thank U Jesus..

Are you a One Minute Man ..Check My Signature
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Abujason: 4:48pm On Dec 24, 2021
MelesZenawi:
May his name be praised.

People died!
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
But in Northern state here u'll travel more than 300killomiters whithout seeing a single road block! But Down in southeastern state u'll see not less than 2 or 3 checkpoints in a single hour! May Amadioha destroy anyone still supporting one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Tennessee85: 4:54pm On Dec 24, 2021
MelesZenawi:
May his name be praised.
For what? What about the people who died?
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by InoGetJoy: 5:30pm On Dec 24, 2021
youngibeh:
I don't understand why you are blaming the officers for doing their job. You will still be the one to blame if security personnel are not on the road.

You said when approaching the bend, that means the vehicle must stop before getting to the bend. It may be a brake failure which is always a major problem with articulated vehicle. Pls stop the blame game and praise God for his mercy.
You won't be saying this rubbish if you were involved in this accident.
These people mount road blocks just to extort motorists
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by InoGetJoy: 5:32pm On Dec 24, 2021
KennethEnyi:
You're a hopeless imbecilic lunatic for calling an entire tribe stupid. Thunder fire your cone head
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by JC2021: 5:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
nisaj19608:
shocked

Pls send a DM
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2021
My anger now is that Police PPRO and FRSC spokesman will now make speech that overspending was the cause and that motorists should learn to be patient. angry
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by techWriter5: 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2021
May his name be praised.... Umm, check my PROFILE if you need help with your dissertation, assignment, or thesis.
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Effybaba(m): 7:21pm On Dec 24, 2021
WNRblog:
A man has revealed that he survived a fatal accident which occurred yesterday, Dec. 23, in Imo state and he blamed the police and the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) for the accident, Igbere TV reports.

He said a 40ft truck lost control and rammed into at least 10 cars that were at a checkpoint along NgorOkpala/Owerrinta road.

"People died, some got injured. I only had a dent in my car," he wrote as he shared photos of survivors looking shaken at the accident scene.

He blamed the police and the FRSC for mounting a road block along a road so narrow, despite knowing there's a bend ahead.

"Your officers were busy collecting bribes from motorists and thereby endangering lives," he wrote.

https://twitter.com/Omezuo1/status/1474153321535582215

Another user, who also claimed that she and her family were also in the accident wrote;

https://twitter.com/Ekywoha/status/1474364933420863489

I was at this place where the accident took place. It was very serious, the truck driver should be blamed for driving a truck without a good break.
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Hkff: 9:58pm On Dec 24, 2021
Really
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by Sluacoast(m): 10:28pm On Dec 24, 2021
I thank God for your life. this December will not take away anymore souls.
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by youngibeh(m): 11:04pm On Dec 24, 2021
SLOVFO:

Policemen and FRSC officials mount roadblocks in the SE mainly to extort motorists. And to achieve this ,they create unwarranted traffic gridlocks which lead to this accident. It's not about securing lives and properties...you probably don't live the in the SE.
Am a traveller and south east is my major route. I want you to be sincere, when last did you appreciate those guys are you saying they don't do their job. They risk their lives to rescue lives. Talking about bribe, we all are victims including you posting this. Yours might not be 50 naira sef. My guy make we face reality. They are also humans biko
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by youngibeh(m): 11:12pm On Dec 24, 2021
InoGetJoy:

You won't be saying this rubbish if you were involved in this accident.
These people mount road blocks just to extort motorists
If what I said is rubbish then you must be a fool. When has mounting road block became the cause of accident in the whole world. Most nigerians so much believe in bribing their way out of their refusal to do the right and still use it as an excuse making those guys seen it as a daily routine. I drive pass that route with confidence on a monthly basis nobody harass me because I know what to do. Mechanical issues can cause accident and which I believe it's brake failure. Get sense pls
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by youngibeh(m): 11:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
Effybaba:

I was at this place where the accident took place. It was very serious, the truck driver should be blamed for driving a truck without a good break.
God bless you sir
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by mountainrush101: 2:31am On Dec 25, 2021
I am grateful for life but life is inconsequential and meaningless if there is no one to help or you have no clue about how to go about life.

It's sad I am not with family and I am only squatting with married friends while my wife and 2 children have to move to my in-laws place.

I am frustrated and depresses as there is no help forthcoming for a recently jobless man like me, I have no means elsewhere and I already agreed on the ultimatum my host/ friend gave me to leave his premises by Dec 31.

I am fed up and anxious. I'm not able to sleep good and I have only been able to raise 15,000 out of the 48,000 for a room rent for my family.
I understand we all have responsibilities and priorities too, but kindly help in whatever way you can, with any token in this season of love and sharing. God bless

UBA
Re: Man Survives Accident In Imo: 'People Died, Some Injured' (Photos) by dnawah(m): 4:26am On Dec 25, 2021
gidgiddy:
Nawah
no be me o!I dey kankpe!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures You Can Relate To If You Have Been To Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Passengers Burnt In Accident Along Bida-Minna Road (Graphic Photos) / Ondo State's Sunshine Travels: 8 Things You Should Know (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.