Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers (3983 Views)

Corper Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday- SEE PHOTO / Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. / Your Prayers For Nysc 2012 Batch B Corpers Passing Out Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by biodun70(m): 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2011
The Kidnapped Corpers- A Travashamockery Management!

Travashamockery- travesty, sham, mockery

NYSC rejects ransom demand for kidnapped corpers -13/06/11

http://www.channelstv.com/global/news_details.php?nid=27444&cat=Local

', At a meeting chaired by the Director General of NYSC, Brigadier-General Maharazu Tsiga there was a unanimous agreement that paying ransom might make the kidnap of corps members attractive, given their spread and presence in every corner of the country, '

Right decision.

', The meeting, it was learnt, also sympathized with parents of the kidnapped corps members , but agreed without any objection to appeal to the conscience of the kidnappers, '

Who are these comedians. Will somebody tell these clowns that CRIMINALS have NO CONSCIENCE, that is why they commit CRIMES !!

Nysc D-G In Rivers Uncertain About Whereabouts Of Kidnapped Corpers -14/06/11

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2011/06/nysc-d-g-in-rivers-uncertain-about-whereabouts-of-kidnapped-corpers.html

', Meanwhile, NYSC officials in Rivers have resorted to prayers for the release of the young Nigerians, '
', “If the kidnappers had been calling us, we would have made them understand that these young Nigerians on national service are here for the benefit of the people.”, '

Is there any Criminal Intelligence Bureau in Nigeria? Why are my people so sanctimonious? A holy spin must always be put on every deficiency/inadequacy in society-even when we don't worship God in truth!.

Is there any hope for this country called Nigeria?

Shouldn't we swallow our pride(or what is left of it) and ask for foreign criminal intelligence aid in solving this problem?
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 15, 2011
sad sad sad sad
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by otokx(m): 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2011
Let the band play?
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by kelvin(m): 8:34am On Jun 16, 2011
Its a pity, the incompetence of our security agencies is alarming. Well, I guess we really have no choice but to pray for them.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 16, 2011
The Solution? Scrap the program
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by atasteve: 8:45am On Jun 16, 2011
Too much stress with this NYSC thing

Let corpers be posted within their regions.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by lionness(f): 9:04am On Jun 16, 2011
I have told you all. GEJ is not a leader. He is just another politician. And he doesnt even know what he wants to accomplish come this next 4 years.
The NYSC has been nothing but money down the drain, an extra year strain on Nigerian college graduates, and now its become a big goldmine for bokoharamers and kidnappers. I told you GEJ is a spinnless leader without a brain or ball of his own. Let see if he wont declair some ultimatum for the kidnappers.
So far so good: Nothing on power.
Nothing on security.
Nothing on development.
Politics as usual. But he accomplished something vital. Atleast, he's settled beaf and the guy isnt screaming around here no more.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by Odunnu: 9:11am On Jun 16, 2011
Is this a joke?
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 16, 2011
lionness:

I have told you all. GEJ is not a leader. He is just another politician. And he doesnt even know what he wants to accomplish come this next 4 years.
The NYSC has been nothing but money down the drain, an extra year strain on Nigerian college graduates, and now its become a big goldmine for bokoharamers and kidnappers. I told you GEJ is a spinnless leader without a brain or ball of his own. Let see if he wont declair some ultimatum for the kidnappers.
So far so good: Nothing on power.
Nothing on security.
Nothing on development.
Politics as usual. But he accomplished something vital. Atleast, he's settled beaf and the guy isnt screaming around here no more.

GBAM!
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 16, 2011
Odunnu:

Is this a joke?

were is beef your husband? has he gone AWOL!??
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by Syenite(m): 9:21am On Jun 16, 2011
May God protect those innocent children. It's high time this government of ours declared a fool fledged war against kidnappers. Who knows their condition now,especially the ladies amongst them. Terror! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Those kidnappers are sure to be somewhere in the Niger-Delta.Let the SSS and JTF swing  into action.Nothing must happen to those children o else we will stop sending our children for NYSC or the program be reviewed. One cannot raise a child up to that age only to lose them to some useless kidnappers. cry cry cry
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by ufumes(m): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2011
I really wonder what the police will derive by publicly admitting that they are already closing in on the kidnappers and the public announcement that they wont pay any ransom. This may make the kidnappers act unpredictably.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by Skii(m): 10:13am On Jun 16, 2011
I thought I heard one gist sometime earlier this year that Obama authorised the establishment of a CIA office in Nigeria?

anyone with info?
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by chemicaldom(m): 10:31am On Jun 16, 2011
I realy pray these copers are found asap. But who knows if anybody is searching at all. We do not hv a police force in this country.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by nokia3310: 11:04am On Jun 16, 2011
Federal Gov't need to scrap this scheme, i remembered vividly that my service year was the most boring of my 29yrs of existence.
I was posted to one forest called Awgu local gov't of Enugu state.
After eleven months of fruitless attempt  trying to impact the knowledge of mathematics on some Igbo children with their coconut heads, my host community didn't appreciate me or any other corps member at that, they thought federal gov't is paying corps members very huge amount, so they tends to very hostile towards corpers. So can anyone out there (especially in the gov't) tell me one objective of the scheme that has been realized?
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by mithel(m): 11:06am On Jun 16, 2011
@op,were u reading my mind?i dont know why nigerians are so annoying,u didnt provide enough security and u r praying for God to provide it forgeting the saying that heaven helps only those who help themselves.only in nigeria would u see someone stay at home 24hrs n still be praying that he would be as rich as dangote,forgetting that God said we should toil and he would bless our toils.(gullible ppl,we bastardise prayer in nigeria).

@topic,lets face it our security system na failure,our security chiefs are quacks,and our president is nt a leader.(just yesterday nyt,i was bored n was watching "transformers" again,the way the cia chief was giving orders,protecting 5 soldiers in a troubled zone with drones,missiles.n still maintaining public order.<--- too much hollywood, wink i know)

but what am i seeing in naija,post election violence,taken with no measure of importance at all,now this one too.the only thing our police chiefs know hw to do is give press conference,am sure wen dey are in front the gate where the kidnappers are,they would still call the press.useless people.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by kpolli(m): 11:08am On Jun 16, 2011
so they shud pay the ransom n make other corpers the latest targets for kidnappers
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by feelamong(m): 11:17am On Jun 16, 2011
FGN should pay the money ASAP!!!!!

Go after dem bl00dy kidnappers immediately the money is paid…

And scrap the bleeping NYSS sheet!!!! Enough is Enough!!! Damn!!! cry
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by biodun70(m): 11:17am On Jun 16, 2011
What galls me every time is the religious spin that my people put on wrongdoings and failings in the society. If  somebody has performed below par, what you get is 'let's pray for him to improve'. How about let's boot his crappy behind out? If a public officer has stolen money, it's 'let's pray that he'll return the money or that he won't do so again'.  How about let's put him in prison?-do the crime, do the time

These sanctimonious and sentimental views are holding us back big time!.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 16, 2011
I can't help but imagine the kind of atrocities that must have been committed on (especially) the four female corpers among them after several days in helpless captivity. And the more it becomes apparent to the kidnappers that no jumbo ransom is forthcoming, the more demonic they might become and may resort to all kinds of horrific experiments with these young ladies that are absolutely at their mercy. The world is really an evil place. One can only hope. . .against hope.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by ifyalways(f): 11:35am On Jun 16, 2011
Wud the NYSC DG have taken such stance if it were his kids/relatives held?Security is a huge joke in Nigeria.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by MaiSuya(m): 11:39am On Jun 16, 2011
Its a diffult situation, no doubt. My guess is govt may actually be negotiating with the kidnappers behind the scenes, but they(govt) want to avoid undue publicity which may encourage other would-be kidnappers.

Nonetheless, I join them in praying for their safe release. .  sad
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 16, 2011
And the stupidity goes on and on
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by dustydee: 11:44am On Jun 16, 2011
odiaero:

The Solution? Scrap the program

Dumb statement. How will scrapping NYSC stop kidnapping?
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by Seun(m): 11:46am On Jun 16, 2011
dustydee:

Dumb statement. How will scrapping NYSC stop kidnapping?
It will stop the kidnapping of youths who just graduated since they are of no value to kidnappers.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by LKRavitz(m): 11:50am On Jun 16, 2011
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by snowdrops(m): 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2011
scrapping the programme would not make the underlying problem go away. it would rather give victory to criminals. it means when a section of the society detests government policy, all they need to do is go on the rampage and start kidnapping and committing crime and would expect the programme to be scrapped.

rather the solution is

1. no ransom whatsoever for the kidnappers. ransom would only encourage more kidnapping of corpers around the country

2. smoke out the yeye criminals and death penalty asap.

3. no more posting of corpers to trouble spots for at least 10 years.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by sammyzboi: 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2011
snowdrops:

scrapping the programme would not make the underlying problem go away. it would rather give victory to criminals. it means when a section of the society detests government policy, all they need to do is go on the rampage and start kidnapping and committing crime and would expect the programme to be scrapped.

rather the solution is

1. no ransom whatsoever for the kidnappers. ransom would only encourage more kidnapping of corpers around the country

2. smoke out the yeye criminals and death penalty asap.

3. no more posting of corpers to trouble spots for at least 10 years.

Yeah i agree with this especially the death penalty!!! Enough is Enough we must fight fire with fire!
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by dazzle37(f): 12:27pm On Jun 16, 2011
I really feel sorry for the corpers today is 16th june, their mates are passing out from the NYSC to go join their families again
but there are suffering in the den of some crazy kidnappers.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by JoeMosco(m): 12:47pm On Jun 16, 2011
who will save Nigeria from these inglorious Bastards
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by AroOkigbo(m): 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2011
nokia3310:

After eleven months of fruitless attempt  trying to impact the knowledge of mathematics on some Igbo children with their coconut heads my host community didn't appreciate me or any other corps member at that, they thought federal gov't is paying corps members very huge amount, so they tends to very hostile towards corpers.

written by a "graduate mathematician",  makes me sick,  pls scrap university education in Nigeria ASAP

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prospective Corp Members; Some Things You Need To Know About Serving In Rivers / My Sex Service To My Principaland Students - NYSC Member(part 1) / “I Am A Proud Sexy Nigerian Gay” – Corper Posts Picture Of Himself In Bikini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.