Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers (3987 Views)

Corper Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday- SEE PHOTO / Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. / Your Prayers For Nysc 2012 Batch B Corpers Passing Out Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by MaiSuya(m): 1:05pm On Jun 16, 2011
dazzle37:

I really feel sorry for the corpers today is 16th june, their mates are passing out from the NYSC to go join their families again
but there are suffering in the den of some crazy kidnappers.

very sad indeed.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by Rhea(f): 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2011
[size=14pt]When we were holed up in the NYSC orientation camp, we were made to believe that we were government property and under the protection of the FG. We were told never to breach the fence of the camp nor travel home without the permission of the NYSC, because we were government property and under the protection of the FG. Now that 5 corpers have been kidnapped, everybody has washed their hands clean off them like they belong to no one. I urge our law makers to abolish this long-overdue and outdated scheme. This government is simply not poised again effectively manage the scheme anymore. Better for NYSC funds to be invested in something else (the education system) for instance. Let us stop tormenting our graduates long after they have endured the torment in the university. Our lawmakers (senators and federal legislators) please take action.
[/size]
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by jamest3(m): 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2011
Brigadier-General Maharazu Tsiga!! I don't pray for yourself or your any family members get abducted, but in the event it happens God's grace will be sufficient for you and nothing else.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by MMM2(m): 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2011
GOD pls help does corpers
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by otitokoro1: 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2011
The SPirit of Boko Haram is in control of this situation. If it were to be an Almajiri that was kidnapped, Government would have saved their lives before talking of consequence of paying the ransom.

The committee should be EMPATHETIC please save the lives of these Corp members, sad sad sad sad
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by urchpath(m): 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2011
grin grin @nokia 3310, u r d funniest dude of d yr. LmFAO, I tink i support u anyway,
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by Ayowumie(m): 12:34am On Jun 17, 2011
Aro Okigbo:

written by a "graduate mathematician",  makes me sick,  pls scrap university education in Nigeria ASAP
What exactly are you trying to point out?

snowdrops:

scrapping the programme would not make the underlying problem go away. it would rather give victory to criminals. it means when a section of the society detests government policy, all they need to do is go on the rampage and start kidnapping and committing crime and would expect the programme to be scrapped.

rather the solution is

1. no ransom whatsoever for the kidnappers. ransom would only encourage more kidnapping of corpers around the country

2. smoke out the yeye criminals and death penalty asap.

3. no more posting of corpers to trouble spots for at least 10 years.
Who will smoke them out? The Nigerian Police that is only good at bribery? or the Nigerian lawmakers that will demand years to pass pro-people law but will only need few hours to pass the law that put loots into their pockets?

Oh God, i am corp member (even though i hav never spent 2 wks in my station) like those that have been kidnapped, I therefore join my faith (although i have not been out-rightly faithful) with that of their parents and loved ones (I didnt say other Nigerians cos am not sure of their intentions) like YOU intervene and return the abducted corpers to warm embrace of their loved ones in peace.

biodun70:

What galls me every time is the religious spin that my people put on wrongdoings and failings in the society. If  somebody has performed below par, what you get is 'let's pray for him to improve'. How about let's boot his crappy behind out? If a public officer has stolen money, it's 'let's pray that he'll return the money or that he won't do so again'.  How about let's put him in prison?-do the crime, do the time

These sanctimonious and sentimental views are holding us back big time!.  
Even though i take the views of Marx with disdain, there is a part of me that agrees with Marx theses of religion - Man projects his failures and deficiencies into religion and expects a supreme being to provide a solution unto that which he has lazily abandoned ( i paraphrased and reworded the quotation)
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by hackney(m): 12:58am On Jun 17, 2011
They wont scrap nysc as its a source of blood for the politicians' sacrifices.

Superstitious, fetishist, monkeys.
they are all standing naked in front of some shrine as we speak.

SILVERBACKS.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by LKRavitz(m): 1:12am On Jun 17, 2011
easiest way to hide your weaknesses and mediocrity is resorting to prayers,typical nigerian excuse, weve been resorting to prayers since 1960 what had it lead us to.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by Nobody: 3:00am On Jun 17, 2011
nokia3310:

Federal Gov't need to scrap this scheme, i remembered vividly that my service year was the most boring of my 29yrs of existence.
I was posted to one forest called Awgu local gov't of Enugu state.
After eleven months of fruitless attempt trying to impact the knowledge of mathematics on some Igbo children with their coconut heads, my host community didn't appreciate me or any other corps member at that, they thought federal gov't is paying corps members very huge amount, so they tends to very hostile towards corpers. So can anyone out there (especially in the gov't) tell me one objective of the scheme that has been realized?

cheesy Thank God no be Okija dem post u otherwise them for use you as sacrifice for one of dem okija shrines cheesy
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by snowdrops(m): 1:59pm On Jun 17, 2011
i pray for their safe return. amongst all the brouhaha, that's the most important and immediate outcome we could have.
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by rumomonga(m): 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2011
nokia3310:

Federal Gov't need to scrap this scheme, i remembered vividly that my service year was the most boring of my 29yrs of existence.
I was posted to one forest called Awgu local gov't of Enugu state.
After eleven months of fruitless attempt  trying to impact the knowledge of mathematics on some Igbo children with their coconut heads, my host community didn't appreciate me or any other corps member at that, they thought federal gov't is paying corps members very huge amount, so they tends to very hostile towards corpers. So can anyone out there (especially in the gov't) tell me one objective of the scheme that has been realized?

GBAM
**drops rubber stamp**
Re: Kidnapped Corpers: NYSC Rejects Ransom Demand, Resorts To Prayers by sammyzboi: 8:50am On Aug 26, 2011
Any update on the Corp members? Ope they are in safe hands now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things Not To Bring To Camp/ Contraband Items In Camp? / Ojodu-berger, 08121436265, NYSC, Alagbole, Akute/isashi,magodo,omole,ikeja..... / Prospective Corp Members; Some Things You Need To Know About Serving In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.