Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,464 members, 7,836,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? (13028 Views)

Well Paid Teaching Job Vacancy... / Vacancy For A Well Paid Job / Top 10 Well Paid Jobs In Nigeria - Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Magnumproperty: 6:59pm On Dec 27, 2021
Some schools on the island are even trying in terms of remuneration. But you see some private schools on the mainland most of their owners no go enter heaven ooooo.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by beautyfunke(m): 6:59pm On Dec 27, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Because those they teach mostly end up low paid or jobless!

[img]https://media1./images/2b3c8f98e7b16989c27160109360e93d/tenor.gif?itemid=17290851[/img]
It obvious you switch off your brain when you switch on your data.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Starboytwo(m): 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2021
WibusJaga:

Any labour that is easy to source will generally be poorly remunerated. The easier, the poorer. School owners can easily afford to sack & replace most of their teachers.
damn, so apt.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by LordIsaac(m): 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2021
Because it is a profession that can absorb all graduates from all disciplines! grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Ayanfet: 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2021
It sucks.
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by yak(m): 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2021
Studied Education and wanted to teach by all means. I spent the best part of my post-graduation years before I got an insight from a man of God who said "if your passion isn't picking the bills, get out of your passion, build wealth from somewhere and use it to fund your passion"
Happy I took that decision earlier in life. Hopeful of starting my own school very soon

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Dshocker(m): 7:01pm On Dec 27, 2021
Due to the way government policies are made in Africa,it makes it look like teachers are useless...If you find yourself in America as a teacher,forget it;you are made

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Strokes: 7:01pm On Dec 27, 2021
While we have found ourselves in the situation, if you are passionate about teaching, please package yourself well and look for a good environment. You will always find a good school that can pay you well and you will enjoy what you do.
I still have teachers that earn more than 200k monthly as salary. When you even add some other allowances of lessons you should have a minimum of 300k monthly

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by zedegit: 7:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
It's because their reward is in heaven. grin

#Just joking

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Pinkzebra: 7:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
The private sector bastardized the teaching profession thinking .just about anybody can teach . In overseas , you go through rigorous training to be a certified teacher. So they have to pay you well to keep you because they know that not every one can teach . Here in Nigeria even a secondary school leaver can be toss straight into the classroom to teach these are the ones that messed up the psychology of children. They are paid between 10-15k they are not professionals and they are readily available to just fill the space of appearing to get paid not to teach and touch the hearts of these kids

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by phemmyfour: 7:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
KulHeadedHuman:
I'm seriously thinking why the teaching profession isn't well rated in terms of welfare packages. Teaching should be a noble profession held up high, but that's not the case in my country. I'm personally a lover of the teaching profession, was in it for about 5years, left it for 'greener pastures' and now feel like coming back home. The question remains 'to what end'? In the end, passion wouldn't pay bills. How do we change this narrative??
It's a profession anyone from another profession can handle well. Why pay so much when you can have cheap labour
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by matm: 7:03pm On Dec 27, 2021
Teachers in Government schools are better of ,although the pay is not what they deserve.But their greatest hope is the fact that their job is pensionable.And u can' hardly sack a govt school teacher.
Don't quit if u are a govt school teacher for u will regret it in old age when ur so called business fizzles out.
But for private school teachers,they are at the mercy of school owners and parents A parent can tell the school owner to sack u,and u are gone.
Govt shld pls raise teachers pay.They raised the president,legislators and all in control of our resources.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:03pm On Dec 27, 2021
Because our current head of state isn't educated atol! cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by yusluvad(m): 7:03pm On Dec 27, 2021
WibusJaga:

Any labour that is easy to source will generally be poorly remunerated. The easier, the poorer. School owners can easily afford to sack & replace most of their teachers.
Brutal truth!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by chloride6: 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2021
Because our leaders are goats...
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Livesimple: 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2021
Good day fams as the heading implies, i need a graphic designer to mentor me from this January please i will pay. Precisely the location should be within karu, nyanya or jukwoyi Abuja thanks
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by yusluvad(m): 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2021
Valid points!
Pinkzebra:
The private sector bastardized the teaching profession thinking .just about anybody can teach . In overseas , you go through rigorous training to be a certified teacher. So they have to pay you well to keep you because they know that not every one can teach . Here in Nigeria even a secondary school leaver can be toss straight into the classroom to teach these are the ones that messed up the psychology of children. They are paid between 10-15k they are not professionals and they are readily available to just fill the space of appearing to get paid not to teach and touch the hearts of these kids
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by RexTramadol1: 7:07pm On Dec 27, 2021
Simple, government’s priority is their personal pocket

That’s y schools keep churning out half baked grads

No motivation for their teachers

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by yusluvad(m): 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2021
Dshocker:
Due to the way government policies are made in Africa,it makes it look like teachers are useless...If you find yourself in America as a teacher,forget it;you are made
Valid points boss...
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by abobote: 7:09pm On Dec 27, 2021
Nigerian teachers you meant

1 Like

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by abobote: 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2021
Dshocker:
Not all African countries, here in Cote Ivoire, teachers are well paid

1 Like

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by BJanta: 7:13pm On Dec 27, 2021
KulHeadedHuman:
I'm seriously thinking why the teaching profession isn't well rated in terms of welfare packages. Teaching should be a noble profession held up high, but that's not the case in my country. I'm personally a lover of the teaching profession, was in it for about 5years, left it for 'greener pastures' and now feel like coming back home. The question remains 'to what end'? In the end, passion wouldn't pay bills. How do we change this narrative??

From which country are you ?
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Ngenge(m): 7:16pm On Dec 27, 2021
The reasons to me are:
1. Because government schools no longer employ as at when due, the best brains are found in private schools and they can be paid any amount because the teachers are desperate, hungry and frustrated.
2. Anybody can open a school in any location because the government do not have a strict regulation on opening of schools. If a school is opened in a room, peanuts will be paid.
3. It is easier to source and recruit teachers because any graduate or non-graduate can be employed.
4.Just as someone said earlier, any job that is easy to recruit employees, will pay stipends as salary

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by barbstee(m): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2021
No profession should get higher pay than their teachers ordinarily but our profession is seriously underated.

Come what may. I LOVE TEACHING!
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Nine2ten: 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2021
If what you are teaching doesn't bring in money then e go hard to get good pay especially for this 9ja
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by miraculousGod(m): 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2021
KulHeadedHuman:
Teachers are not well Paid because the supply of teachers is more than the demand, you can fire a teacher today and get another one the next day. The only solution is to mandate all teachers to join NUT and a minimum salary should be agreed upon such that no teacher would accept less than that amount.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Bifwoli: 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2021
Dshocker:
You don't live in America.Do you know how high the taxes are to afford that "good teacher's pay" ? If you live in Ohio in a house worth $500K your yearly tax is about $7000, in New York Mrs Clinton pays $30K per yr as her property tax and in Florida,California,Illinois its just as high especially in San Francisco...these monies used for public school funding.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Mavrick2012: 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad it depends on school u Dey do ur teaching .i knw a Tisa in Festac currently building her own sch/house from the proceeds of her salary.
Bia,did you just say "her"?

Hmmmmmm,so you believing vagina people?

The more you see the less you know about them o, just leave them alone
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Bifwoli: 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2021
KulHeadedHuman:
Forget about taxing lots and lots of poor people and expecting good pay.Life doesn't work like that.
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by dozzy001(m): 7:45pm On Dec 27, 2021
tosyne55:
Not government school teachers, they are well paid, even than civil servants

Don't say what you are not sure of please
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Clinghton: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2021
I think it's because we underestimate there value
Re: Why Are Teachers Not Well Paid?? by Zakamori: 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2021
Strokes:
While we have found ourselves in the situation, if you are passionate about teaching, please package yourself well and look for a good environment. You will always find a good school that can pay you well and you will enjoy what you do.
I still have teachers that earn more than 200k monthly as salary. When you even add some other allowances of lessons you should have a minimum of 300k monthly

Abeg, tell us where they teach o... Possibly mention names of school make we fit apply

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Access Bank Starts Recruitment Of Graduate Trainee, June 2013 / Unilever 2011 Online Test / Nerc Recruitment By Restral Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.