Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Help With Chin Chin - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help With Chin Chin (3131 Views)

See The Prize Of Chin Chin In A Restaurant In Lekki (photo) / How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut / How To Make Soft Chin-chin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Chin Chin by DaveyL(m): 8:09pm On Jun 15, 2011
Hello I wonder if anyone can help me here.

I want to make chinchin and I don't know how. I have seen some recipes here but they do not come out as they should - I don't know if the recipe is different in different parts of Nigeria.

I am English and I want to make some for my wife. She is Igbo from Abia state. She is not sure of how to make them properly. Her sister used to make them very nice and we all liked them, including my English relatives, but she is sadly no longer with us.

Please help me here if you can. It would be a nice treat for my wife who always spends so much time in the kitchen preparing dinner for me each day.
Re: Help With Chin Chin by Nobody: 3:18am On Jun 16, 2011
I'm still trying to learn chin chin as well. We don't really eat it but I think it's a good thing to know in case you have people over.

This is the recipe I've started with:

---

Chin-Chin

Ingredients
6 cups of Flour
1 cup of butter
4 eggs
2 cups of sugar
Water
Nutmeg or cinnamon
Oil for frying

Prepration
Incorporate the butter into the flour
Add sugar and nutmeg/cinnamon
Beat and add eggs
Add water as required
Knead dough until you have a smooth mixture
Roll out dough
Cut into small pieces
Deep fry

---

I don't even remember where I've found it lol. Divide the recipe by two or three; start small so that you don't make two gallons of nastiness. Wishing you success!
Re: Help With Chin Chin by DaveyL(m): 6:29pm On Jun 16, 2011
Thank you for that recipe. I will try them this weekend using one-quarter of the quantity.

I do not remember my sister in law adding nutmeg or cinamon. Maybe I will make half with, and half without, and see what my wife prefers.
Re: Help With Chin Chin by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 17, 2011
Most of the ones I have tried had nutmeg. I've never tried making it without lol. Do report back with results as I'm still mastering my own lol.

And I'm sorry for the loss of your sister-in-law. That was rude of me not to say anything before.
Re: Help With Chin Chin by DaveyL(m): 8:26am On Jun 18, 2011
Thankyou again!
Re: Help With Chin Chin by TINAOGE: 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2011
Chin chin
1kg flour
200g butter
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup cold water
kneading table & rolling pin
1 litre Vegetable oil

Preparation
Add sugar, salt, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, butter & egg to the flour
Mix them together then add water little by little till it forms a dough.
Then cut out small portion and knead till the dough becomes very smooth
Cut into cubes or any other shapes
Deep fry in a hot vegetable oil.
Very nice chinchin

(1) (Reply)

What Fruit Is This Please / How Well Do You Know These Delicacy's....updated / Recipe For 100 Pieces Of Doughnuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.