Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training (5785 Views)

Yoruba Kayode Ogundamisi Exposed Inciting Hausa And Igbo Violence With Fake Pics / OPC;fighting Violence With Violence (A Must Read 4 Every Non-Yoruba In Lagos) / Boko Haram Vows To Keep Killing Nigerians Till Demands Are Met (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by silverstud: 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2011
AFP: Nigerian Islamists Vow 'Fiercer' Attacks

KANO, Nigeria — A Nigerian Islamist sect that staged a series of deadly attacks mainly in the country's north on Wednesday threatened "fiercer" attacks and said it would not enter into talks with the government.

The Boko Haram group, which had two days ago laid down conditions for any talks with government, also disclosed for the first time that it had links with Islamists in Somalia.

"Dialogue with President (Goodluck) Jonathan has collapsed," because of the statements made by the inspector general of police and governor of northern Borno state, the group said.

It said it was angered by the police chief Hafiz Ringim's declaration that "the days of Boko Haram are numbered".

"Very soon, we will wage jihad, We want to make it known that our jihadists have arrived in Nigeria from Somalia where they received real training on warfare from our brethren who made that country ungovernable, ," said the group in a handwritten statement.

"This time round, our attacks will be fiercer and wider than they have been," it said, adding it will target all northern states and the country's capital Abuja.

The statement in Hausa, a widely spoken language in the north, was anonymously delivered to journalists in the northeastern city of Maiduguri, capital of Borno state, where the attacks are concentrated.

The sect admitted links with a foreign Islamist group connected to Al-Qaeda, although security experts had already speculated that it had established ties with Islamists in north Africa.

The statement purportedly emanated from "Jama'atu Ahlis-sunnah lidda'ati wal Jihad", another name the sect calls itself.

Boko Haram had on Monday issued a statement setting conditions for ceasefire and dialogue with the government, which included the strict application of sharia law in the 12 predominately Muslim states in the north.

Also known as the Nigerian Talibans, the group launched an uprising in 2009 which was put down by a brutal military assault that left hundreds dead.

The sect, which has pushed for the creation of an Islamic state, has been blamed for shootings of police and community leaders, bomb blasts and raids on churches, police stations and a prison.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hvNBLQti-6QLphVdW7gU24qGfCVA?docId=CNG.7c89daafc598520ace67ee7e41be9139.9a1
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by yelanst(m): 9:45pm On Jun 15, 2011
This is serious. If the start a Jihad, the will surely regret it.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by ezeagu(m): 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2011
"This time round, our attacks will be fiercer and wider than they have been," it said,. . .

WHAT!!

. . .adding it will target all northern states and the country's capital Abuja.

Oh, never mind.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by OMG1: 9:51pm On Jun 15, 2011
God Help Nigeria!!!
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by aljharem3: 9:53pm On Jun 15, 2011
rubbish report

who are the boko harams

please i have live in borno for some yrs and i have not heard or seen any boko not to talk of haram
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by gonzaga: 10:05pm On Jun 15, 2011
Does anyone need to ask where the problems of this country are coming from again? why is there never a christian terror group? I think is high time xtians also begin to learn suicide bombing and various acts of massive terrorism to counter these animals in human flesh. Nothing good ever comes from the ''northern'' muslim world except how to cause pains and sorrow. Is this what a peaceful religion is all about. My question is this, why are they not blaming God for creating diverse people? why are they killing people for having their own belief?

The muslims are always the ones been tolerated. Each time u hear statements like; its a sensitive issue, it may cause riots/crisis, it is the muslims that people are trying to placate. I think the world has had enof of these babarians. Lets end it once and for all. Give them their planet and let us all live in peace. The west has given us programs, education, worl cup, olympics, champions league, golf, motor sports, technology to mention but a few. Apart from the constant calls for sharia and islamic fundamentalism, what has the worl benefitted from the muslim world and Nigerian northern muslims in particular. I am ashamed to be writing all of these, but dats the basic truth. Its time we tell ourselves the truth.

My apologies to all southern muslims and other liberal muslims. My grouse is with those animals in northern Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by andyanders: 10:08pm On Jun 15, 2011
They should ask Buhari, He should maybe know better
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by chemicaldom(m): 10:21pm On Jun 15, 2011
Goodluck pls set up a JTF and silence these apes once nd for all.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by splashbaby(m): 10:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
I thought this guys were after western education, I thought by now they would have been attacking universities and secondary school, I thought GEJ gave them a morale boost by having plans to talk to them, I thought this guys were illiterates, I thought we sent our soldiers to Somalia to quell the uprising of their so called brothers and failed, I thought I was thinking, I only thought.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by okemmadu(m): 10:24pm On Jun 15, 2011
If the leaders of Boko haram think they can make Nigeria ungovernable, they should think twice and learn from what happened to Osama bin Laden
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by Blazing99: 10:27pm On Jun 15, 2011
andyanders:

They should ask Buhari, He should maybe know better

Why are some Nairalanders dumb in thinking? Did Buhari ever condone or support terrorism in Nigeria. Instead of talking of creative ways to solve issues, what ya'll do it blame unnecessarily. I wonder how that solves the problem.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by Onyocha: 10:30pm On Jun 15, 2011
Nigerians be smart and beware.

the north is full of muslims and it is muslims that these un-islamic boko haram has being targetting and killing.i doubt how someone who claims to be northerner and muslim can kill fellow notherners and fellow muslims.that does not make sense to me.there is something fishy here!

Nigerians be smart enough to realize that boko haram can be the invention of the CIA and the mossad.if you're well informed you will not ask how can americans support and nurture an "islamist" group.the CIA nurtured the "mujahideen" and Bin Laden in afghanistan to fight the soviets.they created bin laden and made him rise to who he was and what he became known for.later when he turned to bite the hand that fed him,his tongue was cut-off in the name of the same terrorism they taught him.

the same americans have given a deadline of 2015 for the disintegration of nigeria as one entity.this is the time nigerians must be wise and read very carefully between the lines.something dirty from the outside is being brewed for Nigeria.the west led by america have plans for nigeria.suddenly a foolish group that started as a movement against western education (a move that islamically does not even make sense since islam teaches its adherents to gain knowledge) is rising to fame as a force to reckon with.you can see that the words of this group is now source of news for western medias.the western media would be used to execute the plan if this group is a CIA invention.

they have a group in the north causing mayhem and panic and they also have ways to make the south ungovernable.i do not see the reason why any northerner would want to make nigeria "ungovernable" by spreading chaos in his own backyard and against his own people.those words are not issued from the balls of boko haram.those words are bigger than boko haram.someone big outside nigeria must be pushing them to say these things with heavy money being put into play.

these are my 2 cents from what ive read so far and observed.i may be right 100% or i maybe wrong 100%.lets be careful.dont jump into conclusions.these are times we should be united and prove the 2015 deadline wrong and dead.otherwise we will suffer for it to execute the plans of the foreigners.our lives and properties and our country will waste if we are not careful and united in these difficult times.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by firmi(m): 10:33pm On Jun 15, 2011
at times i jst wonda.hw ppl fnk @ times wan kaduna was getting out of hand it was leveled by the military nd several lives were lost.all in the name of jihad.if he his truly God let him fight 4 him self.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by POTUT(m): 10:34pm On Jun 15, 2011
Nigeria is not a nation, we are just pretending to be one.
We heard that other human beings are forming countries and issuing visas and we thought we should do the same too.

The devil is crawling inside people's heads and they suddenly think they have a divine mandate. RUbbish!
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by firmi(m): 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2011
POTUT:

Nigeria is not a nation, we are just pretending to be one.
We heard that other human beings are forming countries and issuing visas and we thought we should do the same too.

The devil is crawling inside people's heads and they suddenly think they have a divine mandate. RUbbish!
[/quot word GBAM
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by silverstud: 10:59pm On Jun 15, 2011
Onyocha:

the north is full of muslims and it is muslims that these un-islamic boko haram has being targetting and killing.i doubt how someone who claims to be northerner and muslim can kill fellow notherners and fellow muslims.that does not make sense to me.there is something fishy here!

Nigerians be smart enough to realize that boko haram can be the invention of the CIA and the mossad.if you're well informed you will not ask how can americans support and nurture an "islamist" group.the CIA nurtured the "mujahideen" and Bin Laden in afghanistan to fight the soviets.they created bin laden and made him rise to who he was and what he became known for.later when he turned to bite the hand that fed him,his tongue was cut-off in the name of the same terrorism they taught him.

the same americans have given a deadline of 2015 for the disintegration of nigeria as one entity.this is the time nigerians must be wise and read very carefully between the lines.something dirty from the outside is being brewed for Nigeria.the west led by america have plans for nigeria.suddenly a foolish group that started as a movement against western education (a move that islamically does not even make sense since islam teaches its adherents to gain knowledge) is rising to fame as a force to reckon with.you can see that the words of this group is now source of news for western medias.the western media would be used to execute the plan if this group is a CIA invention.

they have a group in the north causing mayhem and panic and they also have ways to make the south ungovernable.i do not see the reason why any northerner would want to make nigeria "ungovernable" by spreading chaos in his own backyard and against his own people.those words are not issued from the balls of boko haram.those words are bigger than boko haram.someone big outside nigeria must be pushing them to say these things with heavy money being put into play.

these are my 2 cents from what ive read so far and observed.i may be right 100% or i maybe wrong 100%.lets be careful.dont jump into conclusions.these are times we should be united and prove the 2015 deadline wrong and dead.otherwise we will suffer for it to execute the plans of the foreigners.our lives and properties and our country will waste if we are not careful and united in these difficult times.

This is a bunch of crap write-up here, you are 100% wrong.
The CIA or MOSSAD has nothing to do with this issue, so please provide commentary that makes sense.
Until the Nigerian Governments and her Elites learn how to be strategic in Governance we will continue to have all these kinds of crap come up from time to time, and if we are not careful, we will go back to the days were there is conflicts all over africa.
The Nigerian Government needs to do several things,
1) Sharia Law has to be repealed and Religion needs to take the back seat to proper policy making that eleviates poverty and provides jobs.
2) Education must be made compulsory for all Nigerians up til your first year in university, after which you can do whatever you want.
3)Religious schools or Madrasas must be made to expand their curriculum to include five other subjects outside of Koranic studies and Arabic studies (Mathematics, history, sociology, a technical science subject, and any other elective that the student chooses), i recommend this b'cos religious schools are a fact of lift in Islam, thus rather than get rid of it, modernise it.
4) if Sharia Law cannot be repealed then it needs to be modernized. Thus, any judge or Lawyer in the Sharia Legal system has to get a regular law degree first and then specialize in Islamic law as a subset of their main law degree. And every Sharia court must be part of the regular Court system (just as a section of it, and not the whole thing)
these are a few things that i think can be done to accomodate islamic law but within a modern setting.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by deadie(m): 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2011
Hey Boko, you can blow every living thing in the North back to Allah, the South cares less. However, make sure your actions doesn't come within 50 km of the North-South border.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by ShangoThor(m): 11:22pm On Jun 15, 2011
Hahaha, need I say I told you so. How the bleep can Southern Nigerians be soooooo slow, damnnnnn!!!!

I can't wait for 2015 A.D. when I can kiss goodbye to bad rubbish. I say bleep no to Sharia Law, Islamist subjugation and Northern imperialism.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by naijaking1: 11:24pm On Jun 15, 2011
alj_harem:

rubbish report

who are the boko harams
please i have live in borno for some yrs and i have not heard or seen any boko not to talk of haram

Next time they attack, they will surely remember all those who has disrespected them by denying their existence. Go ask all their victims in Borno.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by Mynd44: 11:30pm On Jun 15, 2011
And how come our clueless President has been quite about this? Oh wait he said they can still be managed, wee start managing now
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by naijaking1: 11:36pm On Jun 15, 2011
^^^
There you go with that 'clueless nonsense' again.
For you who has a clue, what exactly do you want the president to do that he's not doing?
When people insist on proving that GEJ is not fit to become president because there's violence in Nigeria, they simply forget one thing: there's been violence in Nigeria even before GEJ was born, and no other person, not even your Buhari would do better angry
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by babaowo: 11:42pm On Jun 15, 2011
@onyocha you are very right,but many ppl are naive about westerner plan for naija,but Almigthy will deliver naija from this western world god father,eg cia,eea,mi6 etc.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 15, 2011
Nigeria is for sale, who wants to buy
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by ShangoThor(m): 12:07am On Jun 16, 2011
babaowo:

@onyocha you are very right,but many ppl are naive about westerner plan for naija,but Almigthy will deliver naija from this western world god father,eg cia,eea,mi6 etc.

God is not going to save or deliver Nigeria because he did not create Nigeria, the British did!
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by mamagee3(f): 12:08am On Jun 16, 2011
I hope all the members of this terrorist group are brought to book and executed the right way. . .

On a more serious note, it should happen.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by ezeagu(m): 12:13am On Jun 16, 2011
babaowo:

You know what? You should sit at home, or even on the street and ask God to send you money and food, don't ever go to work because you trust in God to provide. This is the same thinking as the post above.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by Iysayah(m): 12:19am On Jun 16, 2011
Onyocha:

what i wonder is what the US stands to gain from a disintegrated Nigeria. Have you wondered too?
me thinks this is a problem created and nurtured by utter disregard for the needs of Northerners by the elite in the North.
why would you flaunt wealth and riches before a man who has nothing to eat all day with sickly and undernourished family? this is the root of the violence in the middle east too.
the tone is set, and if nothing is done, it could find its way to the south west too.
this is the result of silencing the under-privileged in the face careless wealth and opulence. IF YOU ASK THE BOKO HARAMISTS, THIS IS REVOLUTION TO THEM, NOTHING MORE!
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by Onyocha: 12:27am On Jun 16, 2011
Iysayah:

what i wonder is what the US stands to gain from a disintegrated Nigeria. Have you wondered too?

a disintegrated nigeria would mean a smaller and less powerful and influential nigeria that can be easily dominated and its wealth would be up for grabs.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by igboboy1(m): 12:35am On Jun 16, 2011
Iysayah:

me thinks this is a problem created and nurtured by utter disregard for the needs of Northerners by the elite in the North.
why would you flaunt wealth and riches before a man who has nothing to eat all day with sickly and undernourished family? this is the root of the violence in the middle east too.
the tone is set, and if nothing is done, it could find its way to the south west too.
this is the result of silencing the under-privileged in the face careless wealth and opulence. IF YOU ASK THE BOKO HARAMISTS, THIS IS REVOLUTION TO THEM, NOTHING MORE!

my guy no talk if u no get anything reasonable to add,

muslim go say na education, but are they the only ones that have illiterates? Besides al-zawhari na doctor

muslim go say na poverty, but are they the only ones that have poverty? besides osama was from a rich family so is mutallab

the problem we all know is in the book itself, its in the ideology, its in the teachings, OZUGO
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by Iysayah(m): 12:47am On Jun 16, 2011
igbo boy:

my guy no talk if u no get anything reasonable to add,

muslim go say na education, but are they the only ones that have illiterates? Besides al-zawhari na doctor

muslim go say na poverty, but are they the only ones that have poverty? besides osama was from a rich family so is mutallab

the problem we all know is in the book itself, its in the ideology, its in the teachings, OZUGO
Yeah, and Bin Laden is the one blowing himself up in the middle east? right?
what your couldnt do but sit with your computer and make all the sorry noise about corruption is what the illiterate Boko haramist is doing with his bomb up North.
what you all do in Nigeria is sit and complain about some corrupt few running the nation, why would the Somali militants not find it easy recruiting people who are tired of complaints and want an ungovernable nation.
MEND did theirs, was it book my friend? was it an ideology? was it christianity?
of course Bankole is away with 10 whooping billion, who brings him to justice after the drama is over? You dont need convincing, just go up North.
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by kpogede77: 12:48am On Jun 16, 2011
gej is encouraging  violence. the hungry militants in somalia have been invited because they heard the president want to negotiate. the president boosted their moral by the plan to negotiate. more alimajiris will join them because there is hope to get benefit from killings. since killing is now a criteria to have a presidential hand shake, more cult groups will emerge in the south whose major aim will be to attack government officials in order to have a presidential hand shake. bomb the hell out of them or create more problems for yourself. gej be warned
Re: Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training by igboboy1(m): 12:52am On Jun 16, 2011
Iysayah:

Yeah, and Bin Laden is the one blowing himself up in the middle east? right?
what your couldnt do but sit with your computer and make all the sorry noise about corruption is what the illiterate Boko haramist is doing with his bomb up North.
what you all do in Nigeria is sit and complain about some corrupt few running the nation, why would the Somali militants not find it easy recruiting people who are tired of complaints and want an ungovernable nation.
MEND did theirs, was it book my friend? was it an ideology? was it christianity?
of course Bankole is away with 10 whooping billion, who brings him to justice after the drama is over? You dont need convincing, just go up North.

nna your rant is senseless, go to school.

All you are doing here is justifying the unjustifiable. like i said in my previous post it is not only muslim going through whatever excuses you are coming up with, be it corruption, poverty, lack of education etc

Ok lets talk about the ego/kudi since u brought up corruption,, who don steal the most from the coffers of naija? No be una for north and the Yorubas (via obj)?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Granted Bail / List Of Politicians And Celebs On Nairaland with their Usernames / Inauguration: My Govt Will Engender More Massive Rural Development - Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.