Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor (2817 Views)

Crime And The Nigerian Judicial System / I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect / Why I Joined Cultism; Former Eiye Confraternity Leader In Lagos Reveals. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2021
What is happening in the Nigeria of today and why are the children of today, so different from the ones in the 90's and early 2000's. With the introduction of smart phones the internet and the world has become easier to scroll through. Our children have more access to information and are more likely to be influenced by what seems to be popular.

Cultism is another trend that is so popular, that it has spilled out of our higher institutions of learning and into our neighbourhoods. From Surulere, Ikorodu, Eti-Osa to Epe, you will hear of killings by cultist who have never been to school in their life, talk less of having a WAEC certificate. Parents of today work more and earn less, so it is difficult to be aware of everything happening around their children. If you were in secondary school from 2016 downwards then don't compare yourself with the students of today.
When you were bullied it was by a bully, today most secondary schools have been infiltrated by various cults and your children are facing situations you faced in the university at that tender young age. If you mix the internet with cultism, then you now have a time bomb worse than isis, boko haram, kidnappers and bandits.Let me explain and I need for us to be objective, because we blame government for almost everything yet we don't take responsibility for our own actions.

Davido is a star musician, celebrity, icon and a role model to many youths and adults everywhere. Even if you don't like his behaviour, he is a genius when it comes to his music and brand. Davido is a known member and his glorification of his affiliation to the cult is one of the reasons you see a surge in our streets, our secondary schools and even in the NURTW. Most join because they want to be like him and have the opportunity to relate with him. We need to also hold our stars accountable because without us they are nobody. Look at R Kelly, who would deny that he is not a genius and with all his talent, his personality still betrayed him. R Kelly slept with under age women but be honest when you hear some of his old songs you can't help but to vibe to it. People like davido a lot, but as a role model he is leading our kids astray, he should come out and denounce cultism and use his voice to champion good causes. Stop the unnecessary fights and brawls because our children are watching. I would also site some other artists by mention, but Davido is the town crier when it comes to boasting of him being a cult member. David is the most powerful Axe member in the world, because of his fame and financial stance.

https://dailypost.ng/2018/09/05/joined--cult-meet-davido-suspect-confesses/

I know his fans will come for my jugular, but remember you also have younger ones, and as you lay your bed so will you meet.

4 Likes

Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by janicelporto: 2:31pm On Dec 28, 2021
thnks
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by alanto: 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
Davido, 2 face, Larry Gaga, Burna boy, zlattan ibile are very stupid set of people. I don’t understand why they think they need that kind of affiliation after God has blessed them with money and fame. Murdersuckers.

6 Likes

Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by Laughnow419: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2021
alanto:
Davido, 2 face, Larry Gaga, Burna boy, zlattan ibile are very stupid set of people. I don’t understand why they think they need that kind of affiliation after God has blessed them with money and fame. Murdersuckers.

Davido dey promote him own well well.

2 Likes

Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by paulolee(m): 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
lolz...na only devido u see?? my guy, almost all out artist are into it...even the A-list n even upcoming self..
they are think dt its a must before u would be taken serious
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by paulolee(m): 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
alanto:
all artist are into It...u jus de gv d names of those wey u don see flying or promoting dier frats..
abi u go say d likes of wizkid, kizz daniel, olwmide n reminese no dey into am bcox dm no de fly colors or promote am?
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:26pm On Dec 28, 2021
Interesting topic. The bitter truth is that the future of Nigeria/Africa will continue to thrive with Cultism. Infact it is world over. These agents of the dev** have spread their tentacles too wide, it's too late to stop them. They have even made it compulsory to belong before you can work in some big governmental or private organization. I heard joining the freemason society is compulsory before one can work in the US army. It's sad one must swear allegiance before one can get a good job. It's everywhere.

Another problem is the greed found in most of
the youth of this generation. There is a desperate hunger to make money and drive cars among people who were born in the late 1990s-2000s. In the past we used to hear that a good name is better than wealth, but which
youth of today wants a good name? They want wealth. Parents are not helping matters, some are actually the ones who lead their children into Cultism, some criticize their children's achievements making the children chase wealth at all costs, while others outrightly fail in their parental roles. Take a look at the nigerian billionaire whose name begins with letter "O", he is said to belong to a popular cult group with picture evidence which can be found on the internet. If you look at most of his daughter's pictures you will see her use all the cult hand signs, and strange postures. So parents lead their children into these things and as such renunciation is rare.

It's a free world and everyone has a right to beliefs/worship, that's why it's totally wrong for these evilll groups to be forcing innocent youths to belong. They are so desperate and have taken it to secondary School level, all in a bid to catch children young, very sad situation. Parents need to wake up in their parental roles.

1 Like

Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by headbasher96(m): 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ameno ameno dorime i say your papa no go save now u the run kitti kiti the run katata i say na who blend u i say my pikin no go join cult nobody fit save when the burnt begin land for your head youths be wise.

If former former like me advice u then know say e don red highest them go call u obote say u loose guard no gains only pains and of course u must run kiti kiti run katakata.

Who far back help if i be your far back track me make i light u
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 12:08pm On Dec 29, 2021
paulolee:
lolz...na only devido u see?? my guy, almost all out artist are into it...even the A-list n even upcoming self..
they are think dt its a must before u would be taken serious

I thought being in a fraternity is suppose to be practiced in secrecy, but these fools even glorify it in their songs. There are fraternities in all schools around the world but leave Nigeria to bastardize it. You have Sigma Phi,Theta and many more but in Nigeria all frats have turned to cults while few have turned to campus clubs like abc,vogue and the rest.

1 Like

Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 8:03am On Dec 30, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by mediainc: 11:16am On Dec 30, 2021
Good write up, positivity...
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by slickycee: 11:59am On Dec 30, 2021
Is this a recycled post !!
I know have read this exact write up here on nairaland .
From the first paragraph I already knew the whole thing, because my mind has seen this before.

Well, you said the truth, I don't have issues with musician's being proud of their cults and all

Ordinary corporate organization, should have no business with cultism
But unfortunately na so we see am.

God would definitely make a way
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 9:28am On Dec 31, 2021
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 11:27am On Jan 01, 2022
grin grin
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 8:51am On Jan 02, 2022
cheesy cheesy
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 7:28am On Jan 03, 2022
cry
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2022
cry cry
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 11:52am On Jan 04, 2022
ok
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by alanto: 5:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
paulolee:

all artist are into It...u jus de gv d names of those wey u don see flying or promoting dier frats..
abi u go say d likes of wizkid, kizz daniel, olwmide n reminese no dey into am bcox dm no de fly colors or promote am?
I have problem with those that promote it. Naive kids will think it’s a good thing because their role models are flying colors
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by southsouthking(m): 4:33am On Jan 05, 2022
alanto:

Remove 2face for that list, that man na senior man.
E sure me say even before e Join NBM Dem never born Davido self.
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 8:11pm On Jan 05, 2022
grin grin
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 9:56am On Jan 06, 2022
lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 2:07pm On Jan 07, 2022
tongue embarassed
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 9:49am On Jan 08, 2022
cry cry
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 9:54am On Jan 10, 2022
Is this boy not tired of always causing trouble. At polo club fighting with the waiter over 2000 naira amala and his gragra again at landmark beach.
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
sad angry
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 10:23am On Jan 13, 2022
sad sad
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 7:28am On Jan 14, 2022
smiley cheesy
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2022
cool cool tongue
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 8:20am On Jan 15, 2022
angry
Re: Cultism, Crime And The DAVIDO Factor by justice2010: 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2022
kiss kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastors, Son Allegedly Admitted Killing A Young Lady And Dumping Her Body / Skull Mining: Sofiat Cried Out When Her Boyfriend Hit The Cutlass On Her Head / ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.