Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. (50049 Views)

Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? / Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / 10 Things Only Men With Pregnant Wives Understand (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:49am On Jan 11, 2022
NovesaTillie:
You married a slay queen like me and you want her to be a full wife Material undecided

You don't have many options now than to make do with the content in the package you came home with.

Wow smiley I like your smartness to easily decipher another slay queen like yourself grin grin

Don't tell me you come with those package too
Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by Omodua(m): 10:49am On Jan 11, 2022
Fred166:
I married my beautiful wife January this year, I Love my wife so much, I have never cheated on her since we got married. I opened a business for her worth 900k. i've already promised her a car this coming year (well I ride camry muscle and I'm tired of sharing the car with her).

My wife is too lazy, all she cares about is her eye lashes, make-up, nails and watching Zeeworld all day, She goes to her shop 10am and return 3pm, She barely take care of the house. Sometimes the plate I used for breakfast before going to work would still be on the dining table unwashed when I return. Her make-up tools and bag littered everywhere in our sitting room.

We're expecting our 1st child, Now that She's pregnant (4 months) she's worst. Na so so chop chop, I will jokingly say babe Pls don't go out of shape I won't look ur side again, Is like the more I beg, the more she chop chop. ...weird food carvings. Coconut water and bread, shawarma and pepper soup with sugar cane in her hand, I dare not buy it for her otherwise I won't sleep.

I still cook when I'm back from work. Anytime I tried to talk to her, she would say can't I see she's pregnant, she's having waist pain, leg pain, Infact body pains. I wanted to employ a maid she refused, she spoke ill about maids, she said they are husband snatchers e.t.c.

3 days ago, She asked me to renew our dstv sub and I refused. Yesterday I noticed she has done it (first time). I saw her watching Zeeworld, laughing sheepishly and pointing to the TV, I needed to watch man united match so I changed the channel, she dragged the remote control from me and changed it back to Zeeworld, she said I'm too stingy, I didn't sub for her, I refused to buy her a car.

I don't know what to do. With her lazy attitude I'm scared during delivery she would be saying I can't push o.

Experienced men help a brother.
So sorry. But that's the prize of marrying "Anyhow" lady without good background check. I am sure you would have seen some of these weaknesses if thorough background check was conducted.
It's not too late. Report her shortcomings to the parents and they will counsel her on her shortcomings. Not impossible for her to change because it's still a young marriage.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by Mom007(f): 10:51am On Jan 11, 2022
bablon20:
Oga OP u said u married her in January (which year) because we are still in January o. Now she's already 4 months pregnant, how did you do it. Hope it's not your ere gele with her that forced you into forceful marriage with her?
The post was made DEC 28, last yr.

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by BigJoe19: 10:52am On Jan 11, 2022
Slynation:
Omo... it's not easy oO grin

Some of you always fond of saying "you didn't see it during dating/courtship" I find this phrase ridiculous because we all know some of this gender are two facets...!! This are dsame people that will serve you breakfast in bed, clean the whole house before you even wake up, wear big polo and cook variety of food and store in your freezer that can last you for 2 weeks, then within you, you will say YES, she's the right one for me, but immediately after you married her, she will start raining hell, fire and brimstone...grin that was how they scammed my cousin brother grin and now he couldn't even complain because my uncle detected the scam and warned him ahead of time but Baba was blinded by fine face, big ass and big boobs...grin

Since I'm not the one in this position, this marriage complains sounds like cruise to me...!! grin Person go knee down propose to wahala grin spend money pay bride price of wahala, then call friends,family and well wishers to witness a union between him and wahala...grin now e come here dey complain give us...!!

Lol, like we forced them to marry.
Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:53am On Jan 11, 2022
Ready my post about modern marriages being a scam. You have just been scammed and on a long road bro. Prayers can definitely help, apart from that nothing much from this end. All the best on your journey.

Over and out
Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by Hydronium(m): 10:53am On Jan 11, 2022
I usually don't mediate these kinds of issues because the information is one-sided. The story will be different when she gives her own side of the story. As a matter of fact, these things should have been ironed out in your courtship phase.

I'll however ask you to be

- a bit more patient and loving (I mean you just got married this January). Loving doesn't mean buying her all the stuff. Loving means finding out what she wants per time and giving it to her (Do you even know her love language?)

- Be more empathetic and less judgmental; the weight of the pregnancy informs many of her present decisions and since its her first, she can't deal properly well with it.

- When you have to correct her, correct her firmly, but in love. I'm sure you married her because you love her, but what exactly is love to you?

- A time should come (and soon) when you both will have to sit down and discuss these issues

I could go on and on but the duties of a husband are quite heavy. When the Bible says love your wife, even as Christ loved the Church, it's not a joke ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by kansoboy: 10:54am On Jan 11, 2022
Mom007:
Kikikikiiii cheesy cheesy sharwama, pepper soup and sugar cane in one hand got me rotfl!
Oga see ern, I have no pity for you what so ever! The sooner you men learn that you cannot eat your cake and have it, the better for you. There was something my father used to tell my sis and I back in the day... He used to say wife material is different from girlfriend material and a sensible man knows how to differentiate between the two. You sir, are obviously not sensible that's why you carried a girlfriend material and made her your wife! The time and dedication some women put into this makeup of a thing us enough to clue you in to what class of woman she is but no, you didn't see it. Any lady that always has full face beat or whatever they call it of makeup whenever you see her is not a serious person. That thing takes at least 1hr to do. How can a person that uses 1hr to make up per time be serious? Then pls, her love for zeeworld and sharwama and pepper soup didn't start today. Its possible those are the things you used to snatch her from her ex boyfriend sef! grin.
Oga, if I even tell you what to do to correct this scenario, you cannot even do it as I am looking at you so pls, carry your cross and continue to do as you are already doing. What has been joined together, is it me that will put it asunder?

U bhad!!!! Lol

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by Jakumo(m): 10:54am On Jan 11, 2022
NovesaTillie:
You married a slay queen like me and you want her to be a full wife Material undecided

You don't have many options now than to make do with the content in the package you came home with.

Dis ya profile pinshure get as e be o. If you mess for dat position when you carry ya big yansh up so, di breeze go fiti carry pesin fall down.

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by virginchaser(m): 10:55am On Jan 11, 2022
Bros work on her. Wake her up dead in the night and explain what you want from her. Also pray with her. She may possibly reason with you and change. It is always a gradual process.

My former landlord's wife refused to follow her husband to village for new year celebration because DSTV network in the village couldn't pick up ZeeWorld.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by BePrepared: 10:55am On Jan 11, 2022
Landmack:
It’s obvious those that married for beauty are the ones sending epistles and gracing the FP of Nairaland. Single men better open ur eyes and learn from these guys.

After marrying big ass,big breast,fine face and pointed nose..u come back here to disturb us with marital questions.
Since Christmas on NL all we have been reading is reports by husbands of slay queens

True

Marriage is not outward beauty stuff
Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by Berankis: 10:55am On Jan 11, 2022
NovesaTillie:

This one na badg girl grin
Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by Ishitinyourlife: 10:55am On Jan 11, 2022
Send the bitch parking
Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by DAVE5(m): 10:56am On Jan 11, 2022
NovesaTillie:

It’s sad that a lot of Nigerian men are in this “predicament” you just opened our eyes to
Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by DAVE5(m): 10:56am On Jan 11, 2022
Hmmnn
Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by Slynation(m): 10:56am On Jan 11, 2022
BigJoe19:
Lol, like we forced them to marry.
The matter tire me o...grin
Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by MPESA(m): 10:58am On Jan 11, 2022
frozen70:

She looks lazy because you do things for her most times

By the time she puts to bed, you may be the one to nurse the baby while she breast feed the baby and that's all

At times, we use madness to correct nonsense behaviours

Let her keep subscribing until she can no longer do so, you can watch match on your phone subscription

You have to fashion a way to handle her before you finally becomes the house help

Even if you buy the car, you will be the one to service and fuel it

Let her show signs of commitments before you invest or spend more

God bless you abundantly,if he like make take this your advice if no like make him leave am .
Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by Ten06(m): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2022
If it is those things she came to do in marriage, why did she marry?
She would have remain in her father's house and continued doing nails and eye lashes
Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by Winneygirl(f): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2022
Fred166:
I married my beautiful wife January this year, I Love my wife so much, I

Employ a housekeeper. The housekeeper can come around 3 times a week to do general cleaning and laundry.
Please don't get a leave-in maid. Otherwise, the laziness will be x100, plus she might end up maltreating the person.
She's pregnant. Not much you can do about everything else. Let her eat her sugarcane and egusi soup.
Your pikin na pako pikin for inside belle.
Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by Visasolution048: 10:59am On Jan 11, 2022
teegurl2:
But what's with all the He married a fine girl Slay queen bla bla, and fine girls don't cook and clean?
Na was!

So na only ugly girls without big nyansh dey cook and clean?

Am a fine girl, please. I have two kids! I have help but I do all the cooking, I clean sometimes too cos my husband is a neat freak so everywhere must be neat at all times.

This holiday season my help left, I have been doing ALL. When you see me outside without my kids you won't even believe am married.

So it's not about Slay Queen abeg.

That lady is just lazy or she prolly has not settled into marriage life yet.

Secondly, a lady that is already working before marriage will make a better wife. Cos she don see life, she no go dey waste money anyhow.

Being a fine girl and being a slay queen are two different things...

In short, every woman on earth is a fine girl...Or was once a fine girl... The truth is aside been a fine girl, there are other traits real men tryna see in women to qualify them as wife Material.

But men of these days, just like the op neglect those traits for big yansh and breast...Guys these days can marry a girl for several stupid reasons..

Op married his wife for her physical appearance alone because he said he told his wife that if she loses shape, he isn't gonna look at her side anymore. In the reality of marriage, beauty is useless. ...

Unlike yourself that is beautiful with home training. The OPs wife lags Home training..She doesn't fall into the place of being a wife yet...

2 Likes

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by Newboss(m): 11:00am On Jan 11, 2022
That's a typical Nigerian young woman. She's not lazy. That's just how they're.

3 Likes

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by WHITELIGHTER: 11:00am On Jan 11, 2022
This is what happens when u start ur relationship with money and you go after big yansh and breast with perfect figure 8....
Brother carry ur cross gallantly

2 Likes

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by Mom007(f): 11:00am On Jan 11, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Op please wait, let the pregnancy period pass, when she give birth and she still behaving thesame way, know that you've made a mistake. But I'm sure she will change
Biggest mistake my bro/sister. The introduction of a baby into an already strained home situation increases the strain x3! You think raising a baby is child's play? If she cannot manage her home where baby has not entered, when the baby comes, it will be a disaster! If she is going to shop now at 10am, when baby comes, she will not even go at all at all. The op should just gree in his heart that he married a slay mama and manage it from there. You can't turn a donkey into a racing horse. He should forget about starting business or whatever for her and just hustle hard knowing he is the sole provider in this family. He should reduce the liberties he gives her and make sure she does her bit at home. How can a man who went to work morning to evening come back and start cooking food to eat in the name of she is pregnant? Is pregnancy a terminal illness? I worked through my pregnancies and it helped make childbirth easy. This one is just chronically lazy and drastic measures need to be taken.

4 Likes

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by usagee36: 11:02am On Jan 11, 2022
Fatima
NovesaTillie:

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by goodheart01: 11:02am On Jan 11, 2022
Na the food combo sey make me laugh. Coconut water and bread... Shawarma and peppersoup with sugar cane.... Lol

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by Ellexy: 11:03am On Jan 11, 2022
virginchaser:
Bros work on her. Wake her up dead in the night and explain what you want from her. Also pray with her. She may possibly reason with you and change. It is always a gradual process.

My former landlord's wife refused to follow her husband to village for new year celebration because DSTV network in the village couldn't pick up ZeeWorld.
Bro tell me you're joking cry

3 Likes

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by Yoighaman(m): 11:03am On Jan 11, 2022
Fred166:
I married my beautiful wife January this year, I Love my wife so much, I have never cheated on her since we got married. I opened a business for her worth 900k. i've already promised her a car this coming year (well I ride camry muscle and I'm tired of sharing the car with her).

My wife is too lazy, all she cares about is her eye lashes, make-up, nails and watching Zeeworld all day, She goes to her shop 10am and return 3pm, She barely take care of the house. Sometimes the plate I used for breakfast before going to work would still be on the dining table unwashed when I return. Her make-up tools and bag littered everywhere in our sitting room.

We're expecting our 1st child, Now that She's pregnant (4 months) she's worst. Na so so chop chop, I will jokingly say babe Pls don't go out of shape I won't look ur side again, Is like the more I beg, the more she chop chop. ...weird food carvings. Coconut water and bread, shawarma and pepper soup with sugar cane in her hand, I dare not buy it for her otherwise I won't sleep.

I still cook when I'm back from work. Anytime I tried to talk to her, she would say can't I see she's pregnant, she's having waist pain, leg pain, Infact body pains. I wanted to employ a maid she refused, she spoke ill about maids, she said they are husband snatchers e.t.c.

3 days ago, She asked me to renew our dstv sub and I refused. Yesterday I noticed she has done it (first time). I saw her watching Zeeworld, laughing sheepishly and pointing to the TV, I needed to watch man united match so I changed the channel, she dragged the remote control from me and changed it back to Zeeworld, she said I'm too stingy, I didn't sub for her, I refused to buy her a car.

I don't know what to do. With her lazy attitude I'm scared during delivery she would be saying I can't push o.

It's best to always resolve issues right from their roots. The problem in the home is that Zeeworld, I don't know how you can resolve it, but do so and you'd see every other thing fall into good places.
Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by gabicon: 11:03am On Jan 11, 2022
Fred166:

Marriage is not a walk in the park, every marriage is like a big organization/company where there are several systems and departments that govern the conduct and running of the organization. The issue you have is that you are running a family without a family system, and these systems should have been agreed upon before marriage or some form of compromise needs to be made.

Your family does not have a vision and core values, every party needs to know where the family is going alongside acceptable and unacceptable behavior, your wife is displaying unacceptable behavior to you but she doesn't know because no prior standards were set, she never agreed to any standards.

Your family needs a financial system, child training system, investment system, work-life system, sex system, health system, chores system, etc. For things to work between two partners, there needs to be some form of synergy because both parties come into the partnership with a different ideology, it's more like two people going in opposite directions but are chained together in the waist.

When you have a financial system, it is clear where the family finance is going, there is transparency and no talk about stingy, etc. when you have a chores system who does what is clearly established and if both parties refuse to do a task, a third party called a help is introduced. when a work system is in place, there is a premium for value and improving the family's finances so nobody does a 5hrs of work a day.

The problem is that there are no systems in the home, its a little difficult to initiate systems when a partnership has been formed, however, it's better late than never. I will advise that you both go see a counselor who can help you develop family systems and do it quickly before the arrival of the baby because a third partner changes the dynamics of the game. I wish you success in your family.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by TheGift: 11:04am On Jan 11, 2022
There are a couple of issues here,

There is your wives natural behavior , which I’m surprised you didn’t notice before now. Then there is your Wives behavior due to Her pregnancy. Then there is how you are reacting to both.

As per the latter, it’s normal for Women to exhibit such irrational behaviors like cravings, when they are pregnant. Just be ready for anything and see it as your own contribution to carrying the baby.

Still it is no excuse for Her not taking care of Her home and business but spending all Her time on Zeeworld.

However, how you are reacting to it doesn’t seem to be working.

You need to be gentle but firm.

Ask Her to choose between keeping the house clean or getting a maid. Because a dirty house is not good for both of you and your child.

Or ask politely to change the channel don’t just snatch the remote and change the channel. If She still proves stubborn go out and watch the match. Next time, when it’s you that paid for the DSTV , let Her know it is only reasonable that you watch it for a few hours in the weekend when she has been watching it all week. Thank Her for understanding, and change the channel.

If She doesn’t want to cook. No problem. Get a cook or get a maid who can cook or eat out if cooking is too much trouble.

If you have spoken to Her about Her eating and putting on weight and she isn’t listening , then try something else, leave Her alone.

Whatever you do , don’t give room for resentment. Especially now that She is pregnant.

Let Her give birth first, She’s the one that will be begging for a maid.

1 Like

Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by nyzeo(m): 11:05am On Jan 11, 2022
You are already in trouble.. You went for wht you cannot handle.... Na house boy you go turn Las lass..
Re: Married Men With Experience, Please I Need Your Help. by letitrainnow(m): 11:05am On Jan 11, 2022
Hmmmmm, nawaooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Have Been Alfa’s Sex Slave For Two Years – Lagos Housewife / Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories / Sex Is Causing Problems In My Marriage, Help Me Save My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.