Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,676 members, 7,844,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari (822 Views)

Oriental Hotel: You Lied - Olanrewaju Tackles Tinubu’s Campaign Team / “You Lied!” – Jonathan Replies David Cameron Over Chibok Girls / Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by iwaeda: 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2021
Clark, who said that Mohammed has got it wrong again, charged him to build bridges between the Nigerian government and the people of Nigeria, instead of widening and expanding the gulf.

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKDEC 28, 2021

An elder statesman and leader of Pan-Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF), Chief Edwin Clark, has lambasted the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, over his recent statement that “Nigeria would have been an Islamic state without President Muhammadu Buhari.”

Clark, who said that Mohammed has got it wrong again, charged him to build bridges between the Nigerian government and the people of Nigeria, instead of widening and expanding the gulf.

He quoted excerpts from Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan’s recent book where the former president narrated how the insurgents were flushed out saying, “Anyhow, the six weeks served us well, we received the military equipment we were expecting within that period and our Armed Forces commendably dealt a deserving blow on the terrorists and repossessed all territorial areas of Nigeria previously occupied by terrorists. Boko Haram was deflated up to the point of handing over to my successor on 29th May, 2015.

“We concluded the elections peacefully, even if there were issues raised about the fairness, at least the nation was relieved that the election held peacefully and that there was no post-election violence.”

According to Clark, no patriotic Nigerian will believe Mohammed’s statement that it was President Buhari that prevented the takeover of Nigeria by Islam, rather, “most Nigerians have the strong feeling that it is his government that has given or created the environment for the sect to return and be more daring.

Revealing how he defended the former President when three governors from the North-East region accused him of promoting Boko Haram to kill Northerners, especially, those of the Hausa/Fulani and Kanuri extraction, Clark alleged that the minister was amongst Jonathan’s traducers.

“It is pertinent to reiterate that Boko Haram was expelled from the fourteen local government areas of Borno State by former President Goodluck Jonathan’s government through the engagement of combined forces who were assisted by hired mercenaries,” he said in a statement.

“Prior to the period the sect was expelled, they were occupying fourteen local government areas in the state. As a matter of fact, it was as a result of this that the elections could not be conducted at the initial scheduled date, and had to be postponed. It was this effrontery of making the state not to hold its functions that made the then government to take the bull by the horns and flush the Boko Haram group out of Nigeria.

“It is, therefore, not true that it was President Muhammadu Buhari that expelled Boko Haram out of 14 Local Government Areas of Borno State.

“It must be remembered that some Nigerians believed that the Boko Haram sect will be used to harass and torment President Goodluck Jonathan, getting him out of office. Even when it was suggested then that there should be a meeting to see the possibility of having negotiations between the Nigerian state and Boko Haram, the sect chose Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, rtd, as he then was, as their Chief Negotiator, even though a few days after the choice, he (Gen. Buhari) rejected the sect’s choice of him.

“There were no accusations the APC (All Progressives Congress) did not level against President Jonathan then, including criticising him for killing innocent Northerners through the sponsor of Boko Haram. Meanwhile, all these were fabricated lies from the pit of hell, against an innocent man whose only offence is that he as the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Force of a country, where some people think they alone have the exclusive right to be in that position.

“I remember the altercations I had with three Governors of the North East, namely Admiral Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State, Kashim Shettima of Borno State and Ibrahim Geidam of Yobe State, on their accusations of President Goodluck Jonathan as the promoter of Boko Haram to kill northerners, especially, those of the Hausa/Fulani and Kanuri extraction.

“I rose to the occasion defending President Jonathan, because he was innocent. It was just a true case of giving a dog a bad name in order to hang it. Also, amongst these Dr. Jonathan’s traducers, was Alhaji Lai Mohammed.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/28/you-lied-jonathan-flushed-out-boko-haram-14-borno-councils-not-buhari-clark-tells-lai
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Validated: 6:51pm On Dec 28, 2021
Nothing good could ever come from a Liar and a thief.
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Jimasun: 6:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
So much that people couldn't go to church in Abuja.
The kind of lies PDP boys are throwing around.
Check out the threads by Iwaeda, most of them are when Boko Haram attacked security forces.

PDP lackey

1 Like

Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Jafar1: 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2021
This Buhari regime will try to take credits for all the good things but when it's time to face their failures, they will sheepishly and shamelessly shift the blame to the previous administration!!

Bunch of clueless fellows!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Abdul05: 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
But this Boko Haram ' issue started when Jonathan was tipping beer in his leisure hours grin grin

Lai Mohammed is right on this.... grin

If Jonathan had done better ..l don't think nigerians would have voted him out

It was cos he failed to do that, that Nigerians went against him.. grin
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Amotolongbo(f): 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
Jimasun:
Check out the threads by Iwaeda, most of them are when Boko Haram attacked security forces.

PDP lackey
Why are you sounding incoherent?
To the best of my knowledge, 2015 elections took place in all the local governments in Borno state and Bihari won the presidential election in them.

I lie?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Ifesinachi22(m): 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2021
My mother called me today that she misses me. wink wink

She said she felt it more today when she fried meat, left it on the table and nobody touched it for hours
grin grin grin
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Goldbw122(m): 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2021
Jonathan really handle his government well, not like Mr Buhari.. he just messed up Nigeria even more ..

1 Like

Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Validated: 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2021
Jimasun:

PDP lackey
But people voted in Bornu that Buharo got over 2 million votes. Guess they voted online.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Jimasun: 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
Amotolongbo:
To the best of my knowledge, 2015 elections took place in all the local governments in Borno state and Bihari won the presidential election in them.

I lie?

Ask anyone in the military and was posted around lake Chad axis in 2015, you will understand.
I don't know how to explain to you since I am sounding incoherent according to you.
Check Borno election result of 2011 and compare with 2015. The number will give you clue.
I don't like much back and forth

1 Like

Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Militant30: 7:12pm On Dec 28, 2021
E
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by helinues: 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2021

Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by smileyoo: 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
it's funny how nigerians are still taking the lies of lie Mohammed serious, to the point that lie's lies can still elicit a response from well respected elder-statesman like Edwin Clark.
let apc goons keep on churning out lies while their mandate is fast ending.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by JaroMan: 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2021
Jimasun:

PDP lackey
Are you saying Clark was lying? Are you ok? What is the period under review? You minions will jump on every thread and be posting balderdash.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by slimghost(m): 7:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
Jimasun:

Ask anyone in the military and was posted around lake Chad axis in 2015, you will understand.
I don't know how to explain to you since I am sounding incoherent according to you.
Check Borno election result of 2011 and compare with 2015. The number will give you clue.
I don't like much back and forth

Gibberish
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by helinues: 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
JaroMan:

Are you saying Clark was lying? Are you ok? What is the period under review? You minions will jump on every thread and be posting balderdash.

See, the truth is before the 2015 election, both Apc and Pdp politicians used Boko Haram to dislodged potential voters that might vote against them.

Not particularly for the presidential election but for individual or group of people. The scores was settled before the election hence no disruption during the election

The same thing would repeat itself before 2023 election, there would be displacement by bandits or Boko Haram
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Racoon(m): 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
"..Boko Haram Would Have Declared Islamic State in Nigeria If Not For Buhari" – Lai Mohammed
"No patriotic Nigerian will believe Mohammed’s statement that it was President Buhari that prevented the takeover of Nigeria by BH terrorists, rather, “most Nigerians have the strong feeling that it is his govt that has given or created the environment for the sect to return and be more daring..."

Remember who said "a fight against BH terrorists is a fight against the north"? These idiots in accidental government have so much bastardized lying that even Satan is now ashame of himself.
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by JaroMan: 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
helinues:

See, the truth is before the 2015 election, both Apc and Pdp politicians used Boko Haram to dislodged potential voters that might vote against them.

Not particularly for the presidential election but for individual or group of people. The scores was settled before the election hence no disruption during the election

The same thing would repeat itself before 2023 election, there would be displacement by bandits or Boko Haram
I don't know those issues you raised. All I know is that during the period under review, Boko Haram was actually defeated.
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2021
Jimasun:

PDP lackey

One PDP lackey was even crying "any attack on boko Haram is an attack on the north" when the military were on their way to annihilating the insurgents during the Jonathan administration.
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
Abdul05:
But this Boko Haram ' issue started when Jonathan was tipping beer in his leisure hours grin grin

Lai Mohammed is right on this.... grin

If Jonathan had done better ..l don't think nigerians would have voted him out

It was cos he failed to do that, that Nigerians went against him.. grin

And buhari's success was why he won in 2019? When did Nigerian election results start following performance?
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by JAMO84: 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
Rubbish

Election didn't take place in those places. INEC made special arrangements for them to vote in IDP camps.
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by ivolt: 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2021
Clark is right.
Boko haram were flushed out in the NeverAgain military campaign so that 2015 elections could hold in Borno.
This was after the US refused to sell arms to Nigeria while also blocking alternative avenues.
The military campaign that dislodged Boko haram actually aided Buhari's election as he receives massive
votes from IDP residents who believes the fake promise that he can tackle security problems.

1 Like

Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Jimasun: 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2021
JaroMan:

Na your papa at home no dey ok
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by pquaver(m): 10:04pm On Dec 28, 2021
Amotolongbo:

I lie?

Can you tell us any election year that election did not take place in borno.. Please? That is not a yardstick.. Before Jonathan vacated the seat suicide bombing was a daily occurrence.. When last have u heard of suicide bombing?
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Amotolongbo(f): 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2021
pquaver:

Can you tell us any election year that election did not take place in all local government in borno.. Please? That is not a yardstick..
If the terrorists were not flushed out of the local governments, would the election hold in them?
Re: You Lied, Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Councils Not Buhari by Mynd44: 12:23am On Dec 29, 2021

(1)

real Reason Sunday Igboho Should Not Be Released – Seriki Fulani / Osinbajo Commissions King David University Of Medical Science In Ebonyi / Nnamdi Kanu Has No Investment In Igboland, But He Owes 75% Share Of IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.