Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,363 members, 7,860,994 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:35 PM

Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? (2969 Views)

2023: 'Goodluck Johnathan Endorses Anyim Pius Anyim For President' / 2023 Presidency: Anyim Pius Anyim Declares Interest / Anyim Pius Anyim Writes Umahi An Open Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Penguin2: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2021
I have no time for long epistle but to say something little about Anyim’s presidential ambition.

So when the news of his intensification of campaign hit Nairaland front page, a lot of reactions greeted it as expected; but one comment got me and it goes thus:-

“Anyim’s political journey has been a mystery. No one gives him a chance in the things he has achieved. No one believed he would become a senator but he became a senator. At the senate, no one gave him the chance of becoming the senate president but he got it. After the 2011 elections, no one remembered he was still alive but Jonathan made him the SGF.”(paraphrased).

Again, a Nairalander by the moniker oyatz who is actually a Tinubu supporter, has continued to make reference to a prophecy that I don’t know where he heard(lol) of how Anyim Pius is the next president of Nigeria. I know you don’t believe in prophecies. I have my doubts too.

So, all these things, coupled with his recent shrewd and stealth campaign added to the clamour for power to go to the Southeast, are we in for a shocker?

Let’s not forget that as a trained lawyer, a former Senate President with people praising his time as Senate President for helping bring peace to the senate by maintaining the right balance, and as former SGF with no corruption case to his name since 1999, Anyim Pius Anyim is eminently qualified for the post he’s gunning for.

I wonder why the media is not talking about him?

5 Likes

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
election around the corner,we Nigerians should be careful

2 Likes

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by kettykings: 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2021
I don't really like him as a person , but believe me this man simply carries grace of God and just anything can happen

7 Likes

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by StreetFight: 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2021
Anyim cannot stop Tinubu or Osinbajo.

I am sure Igbos will come out with better candidates. This is Igbos turn, but Igbos must present someone we will all be proud of. Someone like Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo the Solution, Peter Obi, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu. Not just any overfed clown

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Landmack: 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2021
If u want to campaign for APA..be bold about it and stop hiding behind silly epistles and quotes.

Powered by G64 Ebonyi? Who are those?

Umahi too is gunning for that position but under APC.

Nice one..2023 must be the year of Ebonyians.

We need more capable aspirants from the east,,,so that these pple will know that ndi southeast are truly ready this time. Let’s be politically ready if really we want to change the narrative.

1 Like

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Igbokid: 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
We Igbos do not need the Nigerian presidency.
On Biafra we stand

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Landmack: 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2021
Igbokid:
[s]We Igbos do not need the Nigerian presidency.
On Biafra we stand[/s]

Shut up!

6 Likes

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by pointblank247(m): 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hmmmmmmm
Okotoligba
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2021
kettykings:
I don't really like him as a person , but believe me this man simply carries grace of God and just anything can happen
No be only grace of God..you dey see Nigerians mentality now?
You no like person but you still believe he simply carries grace of God..e get who no carry grace of God according to una belief?

3 Likes

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by tricksters: 8:23pm On Dec 28, 2021
Same Anyim that doses off as senate president at any given opportunity. Mr you need your head examined for foolishness.

[quote author=Penguin2 ][/quote]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by CannibalTorment: 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
His own will be worse than maduka

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by kettykings: 8:27pm On Dec 28, 2021
FernandezPablo:

No be only grace of God..you dey see Nigerians mentality now?
You no like person but you still believe he simply carries grace of God..e get who no carry grace of God according to una belief?

If you can't comprehend things then that's your headache. If I don't like someone does not mean he can't be my president. I never liked Obasanjo till date but his presidency appears to be the best so far till date and the same thing appliea to Dave umahi and he appears to be the best governor in Nigeria till date same applies to Anyim Pius Anyim who appears to be one of the best senate Presidents ever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Vistra40: 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2021
tricksters:
Same Anyim that doses off as senate president at any given opportunity. Mr you need your head examined for foolishness.

So him dozing off is the only thing you can use against him? Please bring up better things to discredit him. Una don too talk about him sleeping a lot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 28, 2021
kettykings:

If you can't comprehend things then that's your headache. If I don't like someone does not mean he can't be my president. I never liked Obasanjo till date but his presidency appears to be the best so far till date and the same thing appliea to Dave umahi and he appears to be the best governor in Nigeria till date same applies to Anyim Pius Anyim who appears to be one of the best senate Presidents ever.
That's not an issue..that grace of God you used in justifying his proficiency to run for presidency is what made me counterpoise the point you were trying to make in the first place which I already extrapolated without being told by an individual...

1 Like

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Penguin2: 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2021
tricksters:

So how does dosing off translate to incapacity?

Buhari that does not dose off, what has he done?

You lots must find one thing to criticize an Igbo candidate about.

If it’s not Peter Obi, then Umahi is immature.

Now there’s a heavyweight Anyim with no trace of corruption and with proven capacity after being tried in different positions and your excuse for writing him off is that he “doses off”.

If I ask you how many times he dosed off as Senate President, can you tell me?

Why are you people like this?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Vistra40: 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2021
Penguin2:

Now there’s a heavyweight Anyim with no trace of corruption and with proven capacity after being tried in different positions and your excuse for writing him off is that he “doses off”.

Forget that fellow. He has no cogent reason to discredit Anyim. They probably see igbo candidates as threats to whoever they support

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Penguin2: 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
StreetFight:

I am sure Igbos will come out with better candidates. This is Igbos turn, but Igbos must present someone we will all be proud of. Someone like Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo the Solution, Peter Obi, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu. Not just any overfed clown

How are you going to present Soludo who is in APGA?

And talking about experience, how does Onu compare with Anyim? I like Onu too but I make due to think that Anyim dwarfs Onu in public service experience.

And if it comes to their area of specialization, Anyim is a Lawyer while Onu studied Chemistry. Who do you think would make a better man manager?

2 Likes

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Penguin2: 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
Vistra40:

Forget that fellow. He has no cogent reason to discredit Anyim. They probably see igbo candidates as threats to whoever they support

They were telling us to bring our candidates, we are bringing them now and they are paranoid.

Ndi ala ndi ala!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Vistra40: 9:32pm On Dec 28, 2021
Penguin2:

They were telling us to bring our candidates, we are bringing them now and they are paranoid.

Ndi ala ndi ala!

If they had the power, they would ban them from contesting. That’s why I consider those ones praising umahi for his performance as having fake admiration for him. I asked one northern guy who always praises umahi in a page on Facebook if he would vote for him as candidate, he avoided that question twice I asked him and on different threads

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Penguin2: 9:41pm On Dec 28, 2021
Vistra40:

If they had the power, they would ban them from contesting. That’s why I consider those ones praising umahi for his performance as having fake admiration for him. I asked one northern guy who always praises umahi in a page on Facebook if he would vote for him as candidate, he avoided that question twice I asked him and on different threads

That’s why Igbos are being tactical.

If you present the north with a Yoruba and an Igbo man, the north would rather vote a Yoruba because they’ve been made to believe an Igbo man will sleet their throat if he becomes president.

So it’s either Igbos are the candidates of the two major parties or we vote a northerner with an Igbo VP.

So don’t blame the Hausa guy for evading your question.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by paramakina202: 10:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
StreetFight:

Soludo is Anambra state governor elect so?
Nobody stops Peter Obi and Ogbonnaya Onu from declaring to run.

2 Likes

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Idiko1: 11:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
A political fool for that matter!!!
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by tricksters: 12:13am On Dec 29, 2021
No be Anyim mastermind housing fraud abi you think say na yesterday I start to de follow politics.

Penguin2:

Vistra40:

So him dozing off is the only thing you can use against him? Please bring up better things to discredit him. Una don too talk about him sleeping a lot

2 Likes

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by uthlaw: 6:25am On Dec 29, 2021
If PDP give this one ticket,na lose on arrival!

3 Likes

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by blackpanda: 6:35am On Dec 29, 2021
No shocker
Igbo can never be president. They should go to their biafla grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by chrisxxx(m): 6:44am On Dec 29, 2021
I will vote Pius Anyim. I would have also voted Ken Nnamani.

2 Likes

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by helinues: 6:55am On Dec 29, 2021
Make una use shock absorber oo

3 Likes

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Gazzy88(m): 7:03am On Dec 29, 2021
Ibos bring a better person. Geoffrey Onyeama is a better candidate.

1 Like

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by decub: 7:21am On Dec 29, 2021
Penguin2:
I have no time for long epistle but to say something little about Anyim’s presidential ambition.

So when the news of his intensification of campaign hit Nairaland front page, a lot of reactions greeted it as expected; but one comment got me and it goes thus:-

“Anyim’s political journey has been a mystery. No one gives him a chance in the things he has achieved. No one believed he would become a senator but he became a senator. At the senate, no one gave him the chance of becoming the senate president but he got it. After the 2011 elections, no one remembered he was still alive but Jonathan made him the SGF.”(paraphrased).

Again, a Nairalander by the moniker oyatz who is actually a Tinubu supporter, has continued to make reference to a prophecy that I don’t know where he heard(lol) of how Anyim Pius is the next president of Nigeria. I know you don’t believe in prophecies. I have my doubts too.

So, all these things, coupled with his recent shrewd and stealth campaign added to the clamour for power to go to the Southeast, are we in for a shocker?

Let’s not forget that as a trained lawyer, a former Senate President with people praising his time as Senate President for helping bring peace to the senate by maintaining the right balance, and as former SGF with no corruption case to his name since 1999, Anyim Pius Anyim is eminently qualified for the post he’s gunning for.

I wonder why the media is not talking about him?
I don't know if you have noticed; APA's political ambition and success is hardly felt by the media until it's achieved.

As you rightly questioned, we might be in for a shocker!

1 Like

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Vistra40: 8:34am On Dec 29, 2021
blackpanda:
No shocker
Igbo can never be president. They should go to their biafla grin

I’m happy that you are not God but a mortal like the rest of us who is not even certain to see 2023. My friend stop boasting

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by Vistra40: 8:35am On Dec 29, 2021
Gazzy88:
Ibos bring a better person. Geoffrey Onyeama is a better candidate.

Will you vote for him abi na just talk?
Re: Anyim Pius Anyim: Are We In For A Shocker? by clockwisereport: 8:42am On Dec 29, 2021
@penguin2, onuh studied chemical engineering, not chemistry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Result From INEC: This Result Table Says A Lot. / See Wotowoto Obidient Yorubas Gave This Bigot Guy / This Election Has Been Rigged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.