Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? (66006 Views)

How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) / See The Animals My Brother Caught Today / My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
donofdons:
This is called, the greater cane rat. It is distantly related to the house rat, but just fatter. From my experience, they taste like the house rat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_cane_rat

House rat
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by FarahAideed: 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
Wild grass cutter
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Candidlady: 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
donofdons:
This is called, the greater cane rat. It is distantly related to the house rat, but just fatter. From my experience, they taste like the house rat.

do people eat house rat?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Lalas247(f): 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2021
shocked disgusting
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by ekitimanalways(m): 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:
Please, does anyone know the name of this bushmeat?
Okuru.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by djmickymouse(m): 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:

Better grass cutter
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Onewazobia(m): 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Please someone should recommend be a good book to read..

Quote me please!

Dignity of Manhood by Gbile Akanni,
Google Peace House office, I believe you will get one near your domain
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by lightitup001: 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2021
So u be rat eater...wow.
donofdons:

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by gbolswag(m): 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2021
very big rat
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by ajumma(m): 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2021
ebola loading

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by IGBOSON1: 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2021
donofdons:

Absolutely Yuck!
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Godbless3(m): 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
donofdons:

So you have been eating house rat?
Chai... hunger in the land.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Corea4king(m): 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2021
This is called 'ikpikpa' in my dialect. They are colonial animal and also hard to kill.They lived in raffia tree.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by TTGIL: 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2021
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by mariovito(m): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2021
It's a tree hyrax

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Godbless3(m): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2021
You even kill the animal you don't know the name and you still gonna eat it before you know the name.. grin grin grin hunger and buhari nah 5 & 6

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by wealthgoddess: 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2021
AquaPetals:
Scientific name: Rattus Rattus
Domain name: RAT.
You are about eat a RAT, oke, with diseases and germs all over it. I would abort this mission if I were you.
Rattus rattus is black rat.
Grasscutter is Thryonomys swinderianus

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Josipov: 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2021
These are tree bears.... And not Grass cutters.
The yorubas call it Ofafa

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Parrot69: 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2021
That is no Grass-cutter haba!!
Can’t you see the face?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Ttjj: 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2021
Oya

One of the fastest
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Chazzyboy: 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2021
JuanJO:
no be grass cutter oga. This animal Dem plenty follow waka like wolf pack
you know it
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by luluman: 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2021
blackboy:
Grass cutter or big rat but it is not rabbit
We have giant rat not 'big' rat.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2021
Big rat
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by samonak(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2021
My Idoma peeps call it Obije

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Blazadenise(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2021
Baby grass cutter
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by wink2015(m): 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
It is called African giant pouched rat or Gambian pouched rat.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Amudeneogu: 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
Nchi
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by victorazy(m): 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hoppeyhemmy:

So na Grasscutter you don't know?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Myexdisturbs: 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
AquaPetals:
[s]Scientific name: Rattus Rattus
Domain name: RAT.
You are about eat a RAT, oke, with diseases and germs all over it. I would abort this mission if I were you.[/s]
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by luckyedgal1(m): 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2021
Greenback:
Ofiontor grin
Edo man hahaha

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by sylve11: 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2021
donofdons:

Like you dey eat house rats? shocked shocked cool
Re: What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today? by Streetdreamx(m): 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2021
Chop wetin you know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See How We Slaughtered And Barbecue Rams And Cows In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market / N100 Plate Of Rice In Bauchi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.