Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South (16334 Views)

2023 Presidency: Northern Elders Reject Power Shift To South (Video) / 2023: Tinubu, Buhari Agreed On Power Shift To South West - Tunde Balogun / 2023: Power Shift To South ‘Non-Negotiable’ - APC Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Terrence99: 3:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
JaroMan:

When I tell you I will bet on this, you think it's mere lip service. I mean it because I've seen it glaringly.
APC can't retain power in 2023 and it's a fact
If eventually they get their acts right, they will choose from the following
Ogbonnaya Onuh
Dave Umahi
Rotimi Amaechi
Osibanjo; mind the order.
Tinubu will never be president in 2023 and he is aware.
Talking about interest: do you know what it took U.S. to have a black president? And today, that black president is valued in U.S. over some of their white ex president.
You surprised me by your blanket opinion against a tribe of over 50 million people. I will stop here

With an Igbo man on the APC ballot, the North will vote their own in PDP. Ogbonnaya Onuh that can't even win Abia is the one you want to collect Apc ticket. You are saboteurs who want to prop up weak SE candidates so PDP can win.

Amaechi has limited chances of getting votes in the North, but he can skim a few MB states.
Osinbajo will get Northern votes if he can get an elderly Northern gentleman as vice.

You want to be President but you spent the last 12 years insulting the North. You don't know anything yet. Shebi that is how Obama was doing.

Before 2023, Kanu will be released close to the election and he will sink the chances of the SE. just watch.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Drogunov: 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
Loveurneighbour:
The IPOB will not commend the Governor now, but whenever any northern Governor say otherwise, IPOB will flush every thread with. insults. I fear who no fear IPOB

Masari is only playing politics of the mouth. He is just goading the South to see their reactions while he will put his full political weight on any Northen candidate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Terrence99: 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
Greenback:

Stop spamming this place with your father's picture.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Alphafeezay(m): 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2021
Abujason:

Na who send you?
Abujafather
Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Greenback: 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
seunmsg:

The problem with folks like you is that you react emotionally based on lies and half truth. See ehn, pragmatism is very key in politics. Calling people evil etc over political choices is petty, emotional and childish. You need to grow up.

Btw, please know that the south west made Jonathan. Obasanjo made him Vice President and the south west media and civil societies through the Save Nigeria Group made Jonathan acting president even when prominent Igbo leaders like the then PDP chairman and governors were against him. In 2011, the south west voted massively for him and he won the election. The agreement was that he would serve for just four years and allow power to return to the south after serving cumulatively for about 6 years.

Well, he broke the promise and the South west did the right thing on behalf of the south by supporting the North in 2015. We don’t play politics of emotion in the south west. It was a pragmatic decision in the overall best interest of the country.

On behalf of which south?!

Little by little, you will be exposing yourselves

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by seunmsg(m): 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
Zhirinovsky:
I 'm talking about '99 election and you are talking PDP paper primary which some candidates declared interest even a week to the primary election.

Obj was the pick from the onset, the primary was just organized because it was mandatory by law. I shouldn't be telling you this cos I shouldn't be in this discourse if you don't know this. Unless you are feigning ignorance to promote your agenda.

You really need to accept reality and stop spreading alternative reality. Alex Ekwueme and Jim Nwobodo declared interest in contesting for president even before Obasanjo was released from prison. They contested because they wanted to become president and because the party zoned the ticket to the south. None of them declared their interest a week to the primary so please, stop lying.

There is no law that says a party primary must be contested by more than one person so PDP had no need to organize a charade primary if only one person was interested in the ticket. All they had to do was an affirmation just like it was done in 2015 when Jonathan was the only candidate. The primary was contested because they had more than one candidate.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Greenback: 3:53pm On Dec 29, 2021
Terrence99:

Stop spamming this place with your father's picture.

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by dapolaw(m): 3:53pm On Dec 29, 2021
How old were you in 1999?

Ekwueme contested against Obasanjo at PDP primaries in 1999.

Even Ojukwu under APGA contested against Obasanjo in 2003 at the general election.

Go back and learn your history.

Zhirinovsky:
Like the rest of the south came out and contested against the SW in 1999. People like you are the reason Nigeria will never work.
Greed and Tribalism

You guys can't seem to amaze me. It's more just for power to remain in the North than jump the SE this time around.

If you don't want to give them a fair share of Nigeria then let us all let them go.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by RodgersAkpafu: 3:57pm On Dec 29, 2021
Terrence99:

If course, why won't I. You people have been insulting us over Apc, now you are begging for Apc ticket. Just how you're emotionally invested in PDP and you have nothing to show for your years of slavery.

Present your candidate, let me present mine. We meet at the polls.
That's where you still miss it
One I am not invested in the PDP
Neither am I in the APC

Let me teach you something today.
You see, political parties are vehicles used to grab power
Nothing more
Nothing less

The northern oligarchs know it
But we (dumb) southern folks dont
A PDP chairman was working to secure Buhari victory at the polls
Cos he knew that political party na just vehicle
Many of you APC goons will realise it very soon
What if the APC scatters tomorrow
What becomes of you?

These guys are ready to support whoever will protect their interest
APC o
PDP o
It's all a shell to them
Open your eyes

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by crackhouse(m): 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2021
Shift to South what exactly? South East or South West? Let him be specific mbok
Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Sheriman(m): 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2021
Which of the South make dem completely clear this thing abeg.
Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by seunmsg(m): 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2021
Greenback:

No need arguing with him,he knows what we are saying very well...the devil have a lot of tricks to throw after all,the devil told eve that she won't "surely" die if she eats the forbidden fruit.

He's a very old nairalander,we know him very well..some people even say he's ilugunboy

Who are these people and where have you guys been meeting to discuss about me? Whatsapp group? So good to see that I’m giving you enemies of the south and in fact Nigeria, a sleepless night grin

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by bjdon: 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2021
Zhirinovsky:
Oga it was zoned to the SW. Obasanjo contested against Olumo Falae.

Ekwueme and some northerners participated in PDP primary (not the election) which was a walk over because primary election is compulsory by law.

You think presidency is omoluabi title you can monopolize in a federal multi ethnic country?

I don't blame you. You didn't experience how filthy, tribal and marginalized the 1st Republic was that eventually led to the civil war.

And if you haven't told your father he is talking nonsense before, NEVER YOU TELL ME THAT!! .

After you people will accuse another tribe of being insulting to others.

Please stop trying to re-write history. 1999 was NEVER zoned to the SW, it was zoned to the South. That is a simple fact. it is really annoying seeing how Igbos constantly try to re-wrirte history to suit their narratives.
Now here are some FACTS for you.
The igbos voted en mass for PDP in 2015 and 2019. That means they do not really have a base in APC. This was further illusrtrated in the recent Anamabra elections where APC came in third. Now please tell me, how do you expect a party you have never voted for, to give you it's presidential ticket, when there are other groups that have been supporting the party since it was formed?

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Reality3080: 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2021
JaroMan:

Microzone ko microphone ni
The SE gets the power this type and its not by microzone or microphone; it's by merit. It like an emergency situation and South East is there to midwife a great country.
so Nigeria has turn to a great country now?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Springboot: 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
I don't mind an Igbo president as long as he has no affiliation with IPOB or MNK.
Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Greenback: 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2021
seunmsg:

Who are these people and where have you guys been meeting to discuss about me? Whatsapp group? So good to see that I’m giving you enemies of the south and in fact Nigeria, a sleepless night grin

Ilugunboy niyen na,taloomo tele? grin
UsmanDanMETHUSELAH BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAAAA!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by dapolaw(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2021
The same Tinubu your elders are begging not to contest abi?

You people make me laugh, it's obvious you don't know anything about politics.

Aside from the SE and SS tell me which other regions will vote for an Igbo candidate against Tinubu?

JaroMan:

You talk so childishly. Politically, SE has the brightest chance even running against SW.
Except APC choose Osibanjo, that is where SE will sweat to win. But against Tinubu, it's a walk in the pack.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Greenback: 4:11pm On Dec 29, 2021
JaroMan:

Microzone ko microphone ni

The SE gets the power this type and its not by microzone or microphone; it's by merit. It like an emergency situation and South East is there to midwife a great country.
grin grin grin

1 Share

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by techWriter3: 4:11pm On Dec 29, 2021
Like for SouthEast.....offer for SouthWest....

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by dapolaw(m): 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2021
How many election was conducted before 1999?

PaChukwudi44:

How many votes did the SW give the PDP before they made Obasanjo their candidate in 1999? If we are even to go by votes received by parties from the different regions,the NE would be most favoured to produce the APC candidate

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Reality3080: 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2021
JaroMan:

You talk so childishly. Politically, SE has the brightest chance even running against SW.
Except APC choose Osibanjo, that is where SE will sweat to win. But against Tinubu, it's a walk in the pack.
which south east candidate can defeat tinubu?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by iokpebholo: 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
seunmsg:

They know they have absolutely no chance of producing the next president and out of jealousy they don’t want to support the part of the south with the brightest chance so they keep threatening to vote for the north if the south west refuse to back down.

We understand their shenanigans so we won’t give in to their threat. They can do their worst as far as we are concerned. Let them give Atiku or any northerner that PDP throws up their inconsequential 5% votes. It makes no difference in deciding who becomes the president.
u have a Right to call d easters 5% cos politically they are too docile....They hardly come out to vote yet they want power by all means....Amaechi, Osibanjo and fashola will definitely make a good president.Any of them from d south is ok else make notlrth continue

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Reality3080: 4:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
Advocate500:
oga we are saying the same thing, micro zoning to a particular tribe is the same thing as micro zoning to a particular region. It was not micro zoned to the entire north but only to a particular tribe in the north isn't? Why are the yurobas calling for zoning to the entire south when is obvious that they are not interested in igbo candidacy? igbos who are among the three major tribe that formed the country called Nigeria ,have not been given opportunity to produce the president ? Is like justice equity and fairness mean a different thing to you guy's?
what do u mean by justice,equity n fairness in a competitive setting?

Where was tgat when real Madrid won champions league back to back?

Anything competition is survival of d fittest, only d strong can survive.

Yaradua n buhari are from d same region n no one is fighting cos they all fought to b dere so forget that crap of equity.

Everyone contested in 1999,u were defeated n now u are presenting it as if u didn't put in a fight.

It's just like 2 boxers fighting for a belt,A defeated B the first time n it's time for rematch n B is saying he should b given d belt on the platter of equity fairness n justice.

Fight for it n have it simple

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by JaroMan: 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

Let's be realistic
The South East will have an uphill task
It's not gonna be easy
Just like anybody, as far as 2023 is concerned.
Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2021
Nigeria's problem is the continuous believe that Rice and Beans must be cooked together.

Zoning is not constitutional.
Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Feelings79: 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
to south east ..simple
Naturally it should have been the turn of the east but their senseless obsession with this Biafra will not let Nigerians trust them with the presidency.In addition and most importantly, they have not shown themselves to be politically sopthiscated resulting in their poor voting strength

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Advocate500: 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2021
Reality3080:
what do u mean by justice,equity n fairness in a competitive setting?

Where was tgat when real Madrid won champions league back to back?

Anything competition is survival of d fittest, only d strong can survive.

Yaradua n buhari are from d same region n no one is fighting cos they all fought to b dere so forget that crap of equity.

Everyone contested in 1999,u were defeated n now u are presenting it as if u didn't put in a fight.

It's just like 2 boxers fighting for a belt,A defeated B the first time n it's time for rematch n B is saying he should b given d belt on the platter of equity fairness n justice.

Fight for it n have it simple
when olu falae contested with Obasanjo from the same tribe and region it wasn't competitive then ,is now a football match, oga if you see no reason why it should be micro zoned to south east, i see no reason why it should be zoned to south period, thank god we now have two major political parties in Nigeria, let the politicking start, let see which party is ready to lose this election.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by JaroMan: 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2021
Terrence99:

With an Igbo man on the APC ballot, the North will vote their own in PDP. Ogbonnaya Onuh that can't even win Abia is the one you want to collect Apc ticket. You are saboteurs who want to prop up weak SE candidates so PDP can win.

Amaechi has limited chances of getting votes in the North, but he can skim a few MB states.
Osinbajo will get Northern votes if he can get an elderly Northern gentleman as vice.

You want to be President but you spent the last 12 years insulting the North. You don't know anything yet. Shebi that is how Obama was doing.

Before 2023, Kanu will be released close to the election and he will sink the chances of the SE. just watch.
All the time, you guys talk about insulting the north but you are blind to the insults from Late Odumakin, Pa Adebanjo, Akintoye, FFK, Gani Adams, Sunday Igboho, Gov of Ondo state, etc.
You all don't see Ango Abdullahi, Paul Unongo, Shetimma, etc insult others.
You don't see Asari Dokubo, EK Clark etc. You know what, you all suffer amnesia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Reality3080: 4:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
Advocate500:
when olu falae contested with Obasanjo from the same tribe and region it wasn't competitive then ,is now a football match, oga if you see no reason why it should be micro zoned to south east, i see no reason why it should be zoned to south period, thank god we now have two major political parties in Nigeria, let the politicking start, let see which party is ready to lose this election.
let every Nigerian contest

1 Like

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Reality3080: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2021
Advocate500:
let all Nigerian contest

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Amumaigwe: 4:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
seunmsg:

Power shift is between north and south. The presidency has never been microzoned and will never be microzoned.

If the SE like, let them come out and contest against the rest of the south for the presidential tickets of the two major parties or continue to issue useless threads up and down. The rest of the south will contest and do everything possible to ensure power is shifted to the south in 2023.

So zoning to the south is okay, bit micro-zoning to the SE is bad. Kindly explain further please because if agitating for zoning to the south is for justice and fairness, the intra-south arrangement is also in dire need of similar justice and fairness.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Masari Insists On Power Shift To South by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
Southerners are indeed united...see unity here.

Mamman Daura would never repeat slippery mouth again.

"Tell them what they want to hear, and deny them what they they need".

We are Almajiri and we must shift power to south.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reps Seek Emergency Declaration On Ritual Killings, Blame Nollywood / Wike To Philip Shaibu: You’re An Ingrate For Threatening PDP / Wike: I Support APC Governors' Resolve For Power Shift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.