Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? (20311 Views)

Poll: Who Was A Bigger Player?

Kanu: 56% (66 votes)
Jay Jay Okocha: 43% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is Africas All Time Best Midfielder : Yaya Toure Or Jay Jay Okocha? / WHO IS MOST DECORATED -KANU OR ETOO??? / Kanu Nwankwo Or Jay Jay Okocha? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? by success4(m): 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2011
dayokanu:

You need to read and learn about football before coming to spew rubbish on the internet.

You are lucky you didnt try this with Sagamite else lipsrsealed

Kanu is KING! I concur 100% but will sagamite beat him? Everybody has right to make comments!
Re: Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? by OlaRay4(m): 5:54am On Jun 21, 2011
@Dayokanu

Baby-boy and the rest of Nairaland are waiting for your response to his question

The word nose-bleed come to mind
Re: Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? by dayokanu(m): 6:43am On Jun 21, 2011
Roger Milla was at his peak in 1976. YES
Re: Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 21, 2011
dayokanu:

You get time o. . .
Because Milla scored 4 goals at Italia 90,peeps think he was at his peak.
They forget he was 38,and was drafted in by President Paul Biya himself.
Re: Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? by babyboy3(m): 9:00am On Jun 21, 2011

Are you familiar with the phrase "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

They asked Segun Odegbami about his opinion on Roger Milla and he said when he won the honour of African's best player in 1976 HE WAS STILL GROWING and his best years was from the 1982 world cup and when Cameroun got to 3 Nation cup finals in a row in 84 86 88
Re: Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? by Jarus(m): 9:34am On Jun 21, 2011
On and off-pitch, I give it to Kanu!
Re: Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? by dayokanu(m): 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2011
baby-boy:

Are you familiar with the phrase "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

They asked Segun Odegbami about his opinion on Roger Milla and he said when he won the honour of African's best player in 1976 HE WAS STILL GROWING and his best years was from the 1982 world cup and when Cameroun got to 3 Nation cup finals in a row in 84 86 88

Ohh

I didnt know players spend just one year at their peak.

So because Milla was at his peak in 1976 means he cant be at his peak in 1984?

I now know the caliber of people I am discussing with.

C Ronaldo was at his peak in 2008 means he cant be at his peak in 2011? How intelligent

Ronaldo Limas peak was between 1997 and 1999 before injury got him out of the game for almost 2yrs
Re: Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? by babyboy3(m): 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2011
So because Milla was at his peak in 1976 means he cant be at his peak in 1984?

I give up,

Have you ever wondered what would have happened, if you had enough oxygen during birth,

For a player to stay at his peak from 1976 = > 1984 he must be super man,
Re: Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? by dayokanu(m): 4:56pm On Jun 21, 2011
C Ronaldo and Messi have been playing at their peak for about 4yrs now and they dont look like they are going to dwindle anytime soon.

Aint the supermen too?
Re: Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? by slimshay(m): 5:00pm On Jun 21, 2011
DK o ma ra ye o
Re: Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? by dayokanu(m): 5:02pm On Jun 21, 2011
Dont mind me, I thought I could educate some people Mi o mo wipe cement lo wa ninu opolo won

Jayjay ko JAJA of Opobo ni
Re: Kanu Or Jay Jay : Who Was Bigger Player? by nobleworld2020: 7:56pm On Mar 28, 2013
izeek: Football isnt jiust about skill, but rather your maturity and level of commitement to the game.

What kanu had going for him, was the fact that he knew what he was on the field to do, and went about achieving it. He played for this big clubs becuase they dint just see the iq behind his game, but overall contribution.

Unlike okocha, who initialy played to entertain the crowd, forgetting he needed to make meaninful contributions for his team to win, he was more of an individual player, and when he decided to start playing for the team during his days @ bolton, age and posterity where no longer on his side,

Kanu is a better player, any day anytime, cos he was and still is a more matured team player!
Thanks Mr.Izeek. You have said it all.Kanu was my best player.I love him for his gentility,generosity,encouragement to the upcoming young players.He was a hard working and full of luck,which is the most important thing in people's lives. He takes things very simple and also com tempted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Hated Soccer Players & Managers / Bonke Replaces Injured Ndidi In Nigeria Squad / 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup: Nigeria's Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.