Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos (32011 Views)

2023: I’ve Seen The Next President Of Nigeria – Babangida / Imoh Williams, LGA Chairman Suspended Over Assault On Man Who Called Him Out / Akan Imoh, 27-Year-Old Contesting For Lagos State House Of Assembly. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by EBMedia: 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2021
“I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos” – Filmmaker, Imoh Umoren

Nigerian filmmaker, Imoh Umoren, has taken to Twitter to share his observation from his trips abroad, IgbereTV reports.

According to him, he has seen more homeless people in New York than in Lagos. He asserted that this is because there is poverty everywhere.

In response to his tweet, actress Beverly Naya, stated that living in a shack abroad is considered as being homeless however, she negated his stance that there are more homeless folks abroad.

https://igberetvnews.com/1410791/ive-seen-homeless-people-new-york-lagos-filmmaker-imoh-umoren/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2021
This is true.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2021
I do watch lot of YouTube videos interviews of homeless people in America, damn, homelessness is an epidemic in the United states.

Like homeless men and women living in cardboard boxes, something i have never seen in Nigeria before.

I saw a video of a whole street literally filled with homeless people in America, it was shocking.

The worst is being homeless during the winter, you might die before morning.

One of my favorite channels about homeless people is invisible people on YouTube. Go check it out.

Just watch this 18 years old who recently became homeless, see the fear in his eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=276RZVt-SDk

Homeless Woman Has a Masters in Mathematics and Engineering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT3VGI0V5Rs

Homeless in New York City Since 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEIMSKmlqmA

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by DaddyRochie1642: 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2021
You'll still see one Nairalander that'll soon run in here with Full Speed and start arguing

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by Abfinest007(m): 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2021
I perfer living homeless abroad than Nigeria .

144 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by aycapri(m): 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2021
I hear this a lot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by Saao(m): 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2021
Lol that guy said nonsense. 30% of lagosians are homeless.

86 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by Abfinest007(m): 8:03pm On Dec 30, 2021
Shack is considered home here but in abroad it not

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by rentAcock(m): 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2021
Let's call a spade a spade. This is a silly comparison. Those homeless people in the U.S are still far better than the homeless people in Nigeria. They have homeless shelters for them, however so many of them refuse to seek refuge at the homeless shelters due to a high rate of theft and physical abuse by the residents. Also, many of them are homeless due to drug abuse and mental health issues, even when offered a place to stay, they still end up on the streets. The homeless people over there also have access to social workers who can set them up with food vouchers, health insurance, job training etc but Nigeria doesn't have that. Notwithstanding, as a Nigerian, Nigeria remains the best place to make it big in this life. Despite the numerous challenges we face, there's no place like home and it is left for us to develop it.

287 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by ThatFairGuy1: 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2021
That's to tell, the deed is everywhere.

STOP BADMOUTHING NIGERIA you unpatriotic lot

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by Saao(m): 8:05pm On Dec 30, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
You'll still see one Nairalander that'll soon run in here with Full Speed and start arguing
I just did. Those people that stays in kpako, shandies everywhere in lagos are homeless. Everywhere in lagos you will see kpako houses. You can't find that in U.S he only based his assumption with those people he saw.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2021
Saao:

DubaiLandLord come and see

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2021
rentAcock:
Let's call a spade a spade. This is a silly comparison. Those homeless people in the U.S are still far better than the homeless people in Nigeria. They have homeless shelters for them, however so many of them refuse to seek refuge at the homeless shelters due to a high rate of theft and physical abuse by the residents. Also, many of them are homeless due to drug abuse and mental health issues, even when offered a place to stay, they still end up on the streets. The homeless people over there also have access to social workers who can set them up with food vouchers, health insurance, job training etc but Nigeria doesn't have that. Notwithstanding, as a Nigerian, Nigeria remains the best place to make it big in this life. Despite the numerous challenges we face, there's no place like home and it is left for us to develop it.

We all know that the United states is better than Nigeria but stop acting like everything is perfect in that country

there are lot of videos on YouTube of homelessness in the United states.

So stop trying to hype homeless people in the United states.

It is the worst thing ever. You can literally die in the winter

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by DaddyRochie1642: 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2021
Saao:
I just did. Those that stays in kpako everywhere in lagos are homeless. Everywhere in lagos you will see kpako houses. You can't find that in U.S he only based his assumption with those people he saw.

He must have seen a large number for him to talk like that, na Naija man be that and he already automatically knows that Lagos has lots of people living there, mostly in their Face me I Slap you rooms grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by BKayy: 8:33pm On Dec 30, 2021
Do you know that the Igbo people don't believe that somebody can be homeless?

This is one of the amazing but funny fact about the Igbo people.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by JaroMan: 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
EBMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1410791/ive-seen-homeless-people-new-york-lagos-filmmaker-imoh-umoren/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
I know this guy to always relate things that make no sense. See his overbloated body.
Homeless that can send money to homeful

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by marenkurz: 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2021
Homelessness in developed world is self inflicted. There are free government housing they can move in to. But because they can't abide by the rules of those housing, they stay on the street.
By the way, one has to be extremely useless to be out of the system.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by marenkurz: 8:50pm On Dec 30, 2021
Believe me, one has to be extremely useless to be homeless in any developed country.
They have options to free housing and food, and could get job.

thebosstrevor1:

We all know that the United states is better than Nigeria but stop acting like everything is perfect in that country

there are lot of videos on YouTube of homelessness in the United states.

So stop trying to hype homeless people in the United states.

It is the worst thing ever. You can literally die in the winter

27 Likes

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by Wazobia2216: 9:02pm On Dec 30, 2021
Mr census! Weldone!

How you take count Which part of both places you waka

Chaiii no carry this propaganda enter new year oooooo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2021
Abfinest007:
I perfer living homeless abroad than Nigeria .
Nope you don't want to..their homeless ones are bastardized and f**ked with drugs..most don't have access to medical healthcare..

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by dasparrow: 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2021
Let me leave this here

14 Likes

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by dasparrow: 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2021
Homelessness is a big problem in America

8 Likes

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by dasparrow: 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2021
The American dream is an illusion but trust Nigerians to sit there and lie that all is well with America.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by AgricMaster: 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2021
Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 30, 2021
marenkurz:
Believe me, one has to be extremely useless to be homeless in any developed country.
They have options to free housing and food, and could get job.

No sir, you don't have to be useless to become homeless. Also, in most cases these people have no access to free housing, food or jobs

The financial crisis of 2008 made lot of people homeless.

Many people became homeless because they were out of jobs. Many lost their homes because they couldn't pay their mortgage.

Here in Nigeria, there is still family support if you go homeless.

Homeless Man Lost Millions Now Lives in a Oakland Tent City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZComkkxeEI

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by akosy(m): 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2021
A Homeless man in USA will live a normal life in Lagos. Na for there homeless dey sleep inside him car. No be for Naija.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by dasparrow: 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2021
rentAcock:

You are lying! I don't know what is wrong with some of you Nigerians. America is my second home. Lived in U.S longer than I ever lived in Nigeria or in Western Europe where I was born. There are more homeless people than there are homeless shelters. I should know because I used to volunteer in shelters in the United States. And no, the shelters don't take all homeless people in or help the homeless with jobs, health insurance, etc.

There are so many Americans who are not homeless and have no health insurance coverage how much more the homeless.

Also, not all homeless people are drug addicts or people with mental health issues. Some are regular folks who lost their jobs, could no longer make rent and found themselves on the street. Most Americans are only 1 paycheck away from ending up on the street.

REAL Americans tell the truth about their country America unlike African migrants like you who stay hyping other people's country more than your own. America is on a downward spiral. Americans know this and talk about it all the time but African migrants like you will come online to lie about a country that you don't even originally come from because many of you are so thirsty for validation from Nigerians in Nigeria and want Nigerians in Nigeria to worship your azz all because you reside in America.

So many Americans are running away from America and migrating to countries in South and Central America, Asia, Australia and to Africa. Yes, you heard me, AFRICA!

Keep hyping America and don't go and fix your homeland. As a Black African, you will always be looked down upon no matter where you live on earth until you develop your homeland. America is not your ancestral land. Go and develop your ancestral land in Nigeria Africa.

97 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by Putindbutt: 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2021
BKayy:

Yeah right, that was why the destitutes & beggers among the ibos were dumped at upper iweka by Ex Governor Fashola.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by dasparrow: 10:04pm On Dec 30, 2021
Here is more to read for those who really want to be enlightened

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2021
BKayy:

I'm an Igbo boy and I find it hard to believe someone can be homeless angry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos by Putindbutt: 10:07pm On Dec 30, 2021
Saao:
Stop talking like an idiot & spamming the forum with your beerparlour gists. Where is your fact?

30% is over 6million, that's twice or almost twice the population of some states.

37 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi / Shehu Sani Blasts El-Rufai For His Anti-Tinubu & Southwest Comment / Former MD NNPC Handover to New MD NNPC,Dr. Ibe Kachuikwu Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.