Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,105 members, 7,845,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten (455 Views)

My Senior Colleague And His Wife's Messy Marital Life. Things Are Happening / How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You / Some Things We Do As Women That Destroys Our Marriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by lalalista: 9:31pm On Dec 31, 2021
Today being 31st of December which would usher in the new year reminds me of what happened few years ago when my mum was still with us in Lagos. On that 31st night at exactly 12am, my mother called each of my siblings one after the other and laid hands on them, praying for them seriously but she never called me. Although she and I no dey gree sometimes. But is that why she did that to me? What was she thinking? Was she wishing that my siblings should do better than me in life? By God's grace I'm doing well today and better of. But I still can't get that experience off my head
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by ahnie: 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2021
Ok
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by Deffjam: 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2021
Did you bother to know why??
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by yanabasee(m): 9:38pm On Dec 31, 2021
Lol.....

You have your hands and you have your head .. Kneel down and bless yourself...

I've done that before. I knelt down, prayed and blessed myself, prayed against any curse upon me.... Prayed against any manipulation against me... Prayed against any hatred towards me....

As it stands sef ... I need to go back on my kneels.... I really need to fuel back those blessings into my life....

1 Like

Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by lalalista: 9:39pm On Dec 31, 2021
Deffjam:
Did you bother to know why??
no. Was too dumb founded.
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by Oluromantic: 9:40pm On Dec 31, 2021
It's better you go beg your mother and talk to her nicely. It doesn't matter if you're right and she's wrong. It's a matter of obeying God's command with respect to the importance of parental blessings
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by EmzyT: 9:41pm On Dec 31, 2021
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by Kobojunkie: 9:48pm On Dec 31, 2021
lalalista:
, my mother called each of my siblings one after the other and laid hands on them, praying for them seriously but she never called me. Although she and I no dey gree sometimes. But is that why she did that to me? What was she thinking? Was she wishing that my siblings should do better than me in life? By God's grace I'm doing well today and better of. But I still can't get that experience off my head
Nothing can take away or change that which God has decreed so don't fret. undecided

Happy new year! undecided
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by lalalista: 9:52pm On Dec 31, 2021
Oluromantic:
It's better you go beg your mother and talk to her nicely. It doesn't matter if you're right and she's wrong. It's a matter of obeying God's command with respect to the importance of parental blessings
we're best of friends now
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by Oluromantic: 9:53pm On Dec 31, 2021
lalalista:
we're best of friends now
Oh okay. Good
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Dec 31, 2021
Oluromantic:
Which God told you this? undecided

Jesus Christ told His followers that they have to hate father, mother, husband, wife, children etc , in order to be worthy of Him. Are you certain you are speaking of the same God at all? undecided
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by Oluromantic: 10:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Which God told you this? undecided

Jesus Christ told His followers that they have to hate father, mother, husband, wife, children etc , in order to be worthy of Him. Are you certain you are speaking of the same God at all? undecided
Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you. (Exo 20.12)

No condition was attached
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Dec 31, 2021
Oluromantic:

Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you. (Exo 20.12)

No condition was attached
um.... God also informed you, several times throughout the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, including Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 , that the agreement which He made there, is between God and those who have the blood of Jacob flowing through their veins as Law in the Kingdom of Canaaan, of which you are not. undecided

God sent Jesus Christ, His New Agreement between God and individuals as Law in the Kingdom of God. Jesus Christ is instead the Law that is open to all nations- Jews and Gentiles alike - and and Law by which all those who believe in Him are called to Live by. undecided

According to the New Covenant, in the Kingdom of God, your mother, brother and sisters are not those who are related to you by blood but instead those who do the Will of God .I.e those who live in continual submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by Oluromantic: 10:15pm On Dec 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
um.... God also informed you, several times throughout the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, including Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 , that the agreement which He made there, is between God and those who have the blood of Jacob flowing through their veins as Law in the Kingdom of Canaaan, of which you are not. undecided

God sent Jesus Christ, His New Agreement between God and individuals as Law in the Kingdom of God. Jesus Christ is instead the Law that is open to all nations- Jews and Gentiles alike - and and Law by which all those who believe in Him are called to Live by. undecided

According to the New Covenant, in the Kingdom of God, your mother, brother and sisters are not those who are related to you by blood but instead those who do the Will of God .I.e those who live in continual submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

Hold on to your excuses

I know women can be weaklings sometimes. Father's don't often do that. But in the midst of the challenge, how much obedience to God's word did you do. Complying to God's rules is not only when things are fine
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Dec 31, 2021
Oluromantic:
1. Hold on to your excuses

2. I know women can be weaklings sometimes. Father's don't often do that. But in the midst of the challenge, how much obedience to God's word did you do.

3. Complying to God's rules is not only when things are fine
1. Excuses? undecided

2. Your gender is meaningless in the Kingdom of God. And I can gladly say that through the challenges , God has aided me in my commitment to living in full submission to and obedience of teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ.

3. When things are fine? If you live your very life in continual submission to and obedience of His teachings and commandments, it no longer matters whether things are fine, this according to the standard of this world, as your primary focus becomes instead your commitment and obedience to His Will. undecided
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by yuping(m): 10:50pm On Dec 31, 2021
Ask her the reason, mama no bad at all.
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by Kobojunkie: 10:51pm On Dec 31, 2021
yuping:
Ask her the reason, mama no bad at all.
Say what now? undecided
Re: Some Things Are Not Easily Forgotten by Mariangeles(f): 11:53pm On Dec 31, 2021
lalalista:
no. Was too dumb founded.

Ask her why she did that so that you can get closure.

(1) (Reply)

When I Click Change Email, Error 404 Comes Up / Don’t Travel Abroad With Your Family. Do This INSTEAD! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.