Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,295 members, 7,860,721 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:53 PM

How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans (4979 Views)

My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account / My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! / Pepper In Vagina Saga: No Phone Was Missing, Police CP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2022
Sim Swap

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by whatalife: 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2022
Op sorry for your loss
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Zico777(m): 6:07pm On Jan 02, 2022
Metetiexpress:

Bro I still dey shock like this . I slept in my siting room that night and the phone was plugged beside me ..till they finished their operation I didn't even wake up . They went into my room to collect my ATM card and phone carton
U don't know what God did for u, maybe u would have died if u woke up & tried to confront them.

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
Sorry for the ordeal.May God replenish you
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2022
Zico777:

[b][/b]U don't know what God did for u, maybe u would have died if u woke up & tried to confront them.

Omo I first reason am like this too ooo

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Restroom: 7:36am On Jan 03, 2022
I am tempted to say your story is questionable.

Lcash or Migo cannot give you that kind of amount on the first time.

I have used them, and I know for sure, it cannot happen.

You have to build your credit score for many months before you can arrive at that amount.

Secondly, Lcash interest rate is about 30%. When they borrowed me 33k , after building my credit score, my interest was around 9-11k if I can remember.

So, if you are claiming that low interest rate on Lcash, then, your story is fake.

Fake as in fake.

I don't believe it.

I use about 6 loan apps and I know how they operate.

The first time you can borrow money on these platforms, what they give is 2500-3000. You have to repay it and get higher amount.

You can't just say, they stole your phone and used your phone to get 40-50k or whatever from Lcash.

It can't happen.
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 9:15am On Jan 03, 2022
Restroom:

You have to build your credit score for many months before you can arrive at that amount.

Secondly, Lcash interest rate is about 30%. When they borrowed me 33k , after building my credit score, my interest was around 9-11k if I can remember.

So, if you are claiming that low interest rate on Lcash, then, your story is fake.

Fake as in fake.

I don't believe it.

The first time you can borrow money on these platforms, what they give is 2500-3000. You have to repay it and get higher amount.

You can't just say, they stole your phone and used your phone to get 40-50k or whatever from Lcash.

It can't happen.

Some of you are just terrible set of human being . I don't know if most of you have compression problem or you don't even read at all ..The first time I heard of Migo was yesterday . Lcredit I said I know them ..I might use them but it should long time ago . Up there I said I take loan from only Fairmoney and Branch. Lcredit will not send loan to any bank account not connected to your bvn ...hence these guys opened 2 bank accounts with USSD code with my bvn ..I don't operate access diamond neither do I operate First bank ..Shey if I come tell fake story wetin come be the intension gangan ..I am not getting this point . Some of una go just carry phone ignorantly dey begin dey type nonsense

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 9:20am On Jan 03, 2022
Restroom:

Fake as in fake.

I don't believe it.

It can't happen.

Nairaland is full of people from all walks of life ..I needed the best way to go about this . People enter my house..carry my phone ..carry my ATM..carry the phone carton .See na new year we dey ooo..make I no tell u say make u see wetin I see this December . Cos u fit dey on your way to 3rd Mainland Bridge like this. U go just dey here . This thread is for people who can contribute positively..let's hear from sane people abeg . Wetin be all this nonsense. I be Chinua Achebe wey I wan dey give fiction for here . Oga abeg just shift abeg
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 9:25am On Jan 03, 2022
They came in took a phone that was not passworded..no fingerprint just A02 ..These people have already created mobile wallet for my zenithbank. It was the lady in the bank that blocked it . People had my bvn sim, my phone , email everything is there . Make we dey always take about wetin we know abeg
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by FuckDModz: 11:27am On Jan 03, 2022
Restroom:

Fake as in fake.

I don't believe it.

It can't happen.

Dude, you're clueless about how loan apps work.

Loan apps give loans based on your cash flow analysis. Once you submit your statement of account and you're poor, that's when you get a 2k - 5k loan. But if your cash flow is in millions, your first loan can be more than 100k.

2 Likes

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by FuckDModz: 11:31am On Jan 03, 2022
Metetiexpress:
They came in took a phone that was not passworded..no fingerprint just A02 ..These people have already created mobile wallet for my zenithbank. It was the lady in the bank that blocked it . People had my bvn sim, my phone , email everything is there . Make we dey always take about wetin we know abeg

I believe you.

However, now that you owe these loan sharks, have you contacted them to send you all the information they have about the loan recipient?

Most loan apps take snapshots of your exact location intermittently while the app is open, they should be able to help you.
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 12:03pm On Jan 03, 2022
FuckDModz:

I believe you.

However, now that you owe these loan sharks, have you contacted them to send you all the information they have about the loan recipient?

Most loan apps take snapshots of your exact location intermittently while the app is open, they should be able to help you.

I called lcredit like on the 26th after they gave a notification about a particular loan ..They were telling me stories about how an account is encrypted that they can't give me the account number . Migo ! Yesterday was the first day I heard about them .The lady promised to get back to me. She hasn't.
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Restroom: 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2022
FuckDModz:

Dude, you're clueless about how loan apps work.

Loan apps give loans based on your cash flow analysis. Once you submit your statement of account and you're poor, that's when you get a 2k - 5k loan. But if your cash flow is in millions, your first loan can be more than 100k.

So who submitted your account statement? The robbers?

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Restroom: 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2022
Another reality is this, you go must pay them before they start sending sms to your phone contacts.

Lcash nor get chill

As in , no joy

If they tell you to pay, find their money and pay because they have a special unit for harassing people who default

I defaulted at a time my pops died and was getting prepared for burial. I had to dig Into my burial funds to pay them 53k and for like 5 months they were threatening me with sms and email to take me to court ,police etc if I don't pay the interest for late payment.

Infact I had paid their money, paid their normal interest and half of the late interest they charged.

To avoid embarrassment, I simply wiped all my contact straight from Google contact and synchronized with the WhatsApp and phone contact to wipe them off too from WhatsApp and phone. This automatically wiped my contacts in their server.

I didn't tell them. Each they threatened me to send their useless sms to my contact , I laughed..None of my contacts got any sms from LCash.

When they send me the sample of the message, na only me dey get am.

One called me one day and was like , I will do you this or do you that. But I ignored her.

So, be ready to pay their money. Whether you borrowed or or robbers stole your phone to do it.

If not, get ready as they will call you defaulter , criminal and armed robber on the run with their money.

They can be stubborn. I simply ignored them until them tire. All sorts of agents will start calling you ,and bugging your life to repay.

Take note.

That's what lies ahead.
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by otokx(m): 1:16pm On Jan 03, 2022
Sorry for your loss, what a story?
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by FuckDModz: 1:19pm On Jan 03, 2022
Restroom:

Maybe.

Also, some agencies only need your BVN and account number to generate your cash flow analysis.
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by seborrhic: 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2022
Crenzywilliams:
baba, there's no way u can open a firstbank account without being physically present in the banking hall, I just checked it again to be sure, they require means of identification and a valid utility bill as well besides ur BVN and secondly no loan company will loan u up to 30k in the first instance. Stop trying so much, am sorry for your loss, but at the same time I wonder why you had to mix your gist with lies, it's destroys the credibility of the whole gist.
They stole his phone,stole his ATM.
Vian!They opened an account,Vian!Loan application was made and granted,all within a few hours.
Don't even understand if some of the people that post these things think it's only mentally challenged people that visit nland.

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2022
Restroom:

They allow app to read other apps and sms on your phone
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2022
seborrhic:

They stole his phone,stole his ATM.
Vian!They opened an account,Vian!Loan application was made and granted,all within a few hours.
Don't even understand if some of the people that post these things think it's only mentally challenged people that visit nland.

You can open an account with USSD on your mobile phone within 3 minutes ..BVN can be gotten within few seconds . I wonder if some people know anything about what is happening at in this generation.
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2022
I have gotten statement of account with firstbank though ..just know the customer service lady sent it in
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by seborrhic: 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2022
Metetiexpress:

You can open an account with USSD on your mobile phone within 3 minutes ..BVN can be gotten within few seconds . I wonder if some people know anything about what is happening at in this generation.
Rubbish.
Don't start 2022 with poorly concocted tales.
Find something better with your time.
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 5:00pm On Jan 03, 2022
Restroom:
Another reality is this, you go must pay them before they start sending sms to your phone contacts.

Lcash nor get chill

As in , no joy

If they tell you to pay, find their money and pay because they have a special unit for harassing people who default

I defaulted at a time my pops died and was getting prepared for burial. I had to dig Into my burial funds to pay them 53k and for like 5 months they were threatening me with sms and email to take me to court ,police etc if I don't pay the interest for late payment.

Infact I had paid their money, paid their normal interest and half of the late interest they charged.

To avoid embarrassment, I simply wiped all my contact straight from Google contact and synchronized with the WhatsApp and phone contact to wipe them off too from WhatsApp and phone. This automatically wiped my contacts in their server.

I didn't tell them. Each they threatened me to send their useless sms to my contact , I laughed..None of my contacts got any sms from LCash.

When they send me the sample of the message, na only me dey get am.

One called me one day and was like , I will do you this or do you that. But I ignored her.

So, be ready to pay their money. Whether you borrowed or or robbers stole your phone to do it.

If not, get ready as they will call you defaulter , criminal and armed robber on the run with their money.

They can be stubborn. I simply ignored them until them tire. All sorts of agents will start calling you ,and bugging your life to repay.

Take note.

That's what lies ahead.
Brother I won't pay for a dime for any money I didn't take. I called them severally to tell them to give me the account number they paid into ... They were sorry that they cannot give me because it is encrypted. Migo just sent me the account number today and I called them just yesterday. Even if world go end I no go pay any money wey I no chop

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2022
seborrhic:

Rubbish.
Don't start 2022 with poorly concocted tales.
Find something better with your time.

What is wrong with u dude . You think I came here for pity or what . I can simply pay back all these loans without even moving an inch..But this is more or less like an assassination attempt . I don't know anyone .I don't keep friends . So what exactly is the lie here
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2022
Firstbank statement of accounts

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2022
Migo said we can send in police report .. They too would be on it .. I will give u guys update

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Restroom: 5:32pm On Jan 03, 2022
Metetiexpress:

Brother I won't pay for a dime for any money I didn't take. I called them severally to tell them to give me the account number they paid into ... They were sorry that they cannot give me because it is encrypted. Migo just sent me the account number today and I called them just yesterday. Even if world go end I no go pay any money wey I no chop

You never see embarrassment .....dey there .....when they send your photo ,name and say the family of Mr xyz whose photo appear is a criminal defaulter and on the run etc.....and has refused to pay a loan he took xyz.......when the sms reach all your contact list, you will become the talk of your friends

Those guys nor get chill o...all your contacts will be getting weekly updates n unfortunately, many of them will believe u don't want to repay
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 5:45pm On Jan 03, 2022
Restroom:

You never see embarrassment .....dey there .....when they send your photo ,name and say the family of Mr xyz whose photo appear is a criminal defaulter and on the run etc.....and has refused to pay a loan he took xyz.......when the sms reach all your contact list, you will become the talk of your friends

Those guys nor get chill o...all your contacts will be getting weekly updates n unfortunately, many of them will believe u don't want to repay

I will be waiting ...not paying a dime ..if they had given me the full account number like migo did today the case would have gone far . They stalled it
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
I didn't even know they obtain loan from migo too until yesterday ..They promised to get back and they did
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Restroom: 5:55pm On Jan 03, 2022
The bank statement above says from 18th December 2021 to January 2nd, 2022

And the incident happened on the 19/20 of December, according to you.

And you said it is a new account the robbers opened after your phone went missing.

So when did the robbers ooen the account ?

On the 18th which is not possible.

On the 19th/20th , which is feasible.

But the Migo alert says on the 22nd of December....
Okay, if the same line you claimed you blocked is what they used, when did you block your line?

When did you block the account and card ?

The account and card were active on the 22nd......and if your line was blocked immediately , is it possible for some robbers to use a dead line to get loan from loan app?

Knowing fully well your line is linked to your BVN and account number. Once blocked, you can't access any services ....

So, if the account was opened on the 19th, how come the statement you tendered reads 18th to January 2nd?

How can robbers create an account with first bank, they got the first bank account instantly and were able to deposit mo way from Migo and lcash into the account ?
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Restroom: 6:19pm On Jan 03, 2022
What accounts were you using before ?

Which atm card did they take ?

The first Bank account you said the robbers opened was already active as at on the 18th of December.
When the money entered the account, on the 22nd , they used USSD to transfer it to a uba account.

If the line was already blocked as you claimed, that transaction could not have been possible.

Again, how did you know it was first bank and diamond bank they opened an account with your name, ?

When ? On the 19, 20, 21 or 22? And the same account was already active on the 18th ?

Can you open an account on the 19,20 or 21 and your account statement will now be starting from 18th......

Since when can robbers steal your phone on the 19/20th , create an account before on the 22nd, use the account number on the 22nd to get loan from Migo ?

Again, how is it possible for them to open a new account in your name, get a new ATM card in your name, between 19th to 22nd December and use the new atm card details to open Lcash and Migo account so as to get loans?

So you mean the robbers went to pose as you in the bank and successfully applied for ATM card, after opening the account and now used the new atm card pin, number on the card and ccv to complete the registration on Lcash or Migo?

How did you know the account number of the first bank account that you could ask for bank statement?

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2022
Restroom:
What accounts were you using before ?

Which atm card did they take ?

The first Bank account you said the robbers opened was already active as at on the 18th of December.
When the money entered the account, on the 22nd , they used USSD to transfer it to a uba account.

If the line was already blocked as you claimed, that transaction could not have been possible.

Again, how did you know it was first bank and diamond bank they opened an account with your name, ?

When ? On the 19, 20, 21 or 22? And the same account was already active on the 18th ?

Can you open an account on the 19,20 or 21 and your account statement will now be starting from 18th......

Since when can robbers steal your phone on the 19/20th , create an account before on the 22nd, use the account number on the 22nd to get loan from Migo ?

Again, how is it possible for them to open a new account in your name, get a new ATM card in your name, between 19th to 22nd December and use the new atm card details to open Lcash and Migo account so as to get loans?

So you mean the robbers went to pose as you in the bank and successfully applied for ATM card, after opening the account and now used the new atm card pin, number on the card and ccv to complete the registration on Lcash or Migo?

How did you know the account number of the first bank account that you could ask for bank statement?
OK good ..The only problem I have with you is that you are making me repeat what I have said b4 however I will shed light again .......
1. I was robbed on my own house on Sunday 19th/20th Monday night December 2021...please pay attention to the word NIGHT
2. I blocked my sim card and bank account in the morning of 20th December . They could have opened the account that same night above
3. Was there any activity on that account b4 22nd December as shown in the screenshot above? Check again and answer..I told the lady on phone to input from 18th
4. The first bank account was given to me by Migo to show where they sent the loan to as shown in the screenshot above .
5. I have used Lcredit before..A long time ..I haven't heard of Migo until yesterday .
6. If you have your bvn phone number u don't need an ATM to transfer small amount of money on firstbank usdd code

7. I don't have girstabnk and access Diamond account ..I operate zenithbank and polaris
8. It is difficult to steal money from zenithbank because your ussd code will not even work ..U have to do it from the app except of course u want to buy airtime on your alertz phone number.
Re: How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans by Metetiexpress: 6:53pm On Jan 03, 2022
I didn't have any phone until 23rd and I retrieved my line same 23rd ..But the fact is that I blocked that line Monday morning and the number has not been active since then only the other mtn line was active until that 23rd.Cos the line is just data and call line ..I just blocked that one few days ago.Expert in the house can I block a line and then the line can still be used for ussd transfer ? These are one of the many questions bothering . So cause what is the essence of the blocking ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man, 25, Caught Having Sex With Girl, 13, On The Street / Five Herdsmen Burnt To Death As They Tried To Enter Edo State (video) / Nigeria;second World Largest Deposit Of Bitumen,world Greatest In Road Potholes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.