Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,959 members, 7,841,690 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) (53035 Views)

Desmond Tutu: Body Of South African Hero To Be Aquamated / Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu / Archbishop Desmond Tutu Is Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Tywo2018: 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2022
Take life simple. We are nothing in the hand of God.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by puremaker7(m): 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
Putindbutt:
I thought he asked that he be aquamated. why cremate his body against his wish or am i missing out on something.
he was aquamated na.
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by domablaze: 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
[quote author=Innovia post=109016019]WireStack Creative Writing Agency seeks additional content writers to join it's team of highly skilled creative writers. We seek both new and experienced content writers.

You will be paid the sum of 1.5 Million Naira for your services. ( Continous Writing Engagement )

This is an excellent sidehustle opportunity to work from home, using just few hours a day to gain financial independence.

If you're looking for side-hustle opportunities or alternative means to raise finances for projects, then this deal is for you.

You'll be mentored and trained in varieties of things, hence, it's an excellent platform to learn and earn.

To signify your interest, send an SMS or Telegram message to 0-7-0-5-4-0-1-1-4-5-4[scam alert run run run]

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by hismahillz(m): 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
Aquamation and cremation aren't the same..they don't burn the flesh in case of aquamation.

ThatFairGuy1:
So he was cremated angry

From frying pan..... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by GreyLaw(m): 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
TMKsouth:

I was highlighting the ridiculousness of his point.

Oh. I see.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by miqos02(m): 3:50pm On Jan 02, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Even if my loved one chooses to be cremated at death, I won't honor that instruction and nothing go happen
same way your wishes won't be honoured when your time comes.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
miqos02:
same way your wishes won't be honoured when your time comes.

Whether it is honored or not, it makes no meaning. The dead have nothing to do with the living

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Judolisco(m): 3:54pm On Jan 02, 2022
christejames:
I am gradually taking likings for cremation ooo,(see the small space the ash will be finally interred) but in Nigeria it's still being frowned at, like saying, how do you burn a corpse making it pass through fire in death while it went through the same fire grin grin in the country while alive?

RIP Bishop.
our leader make nobody burn me oh... Make earth benefit from my body... I Don benefit alot from d earth

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by AyeMoJuba: 3:57pm On Jan 02, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Was he cremated, as to turn into ashes rather than aquamated? But what if the will of the dead isn't obeyed, what will happen? I can't burn my loved one, its unafrican. Even if my loved one chooses to be cremated at death, I won't honor that instruction and nothing go happen

It's more unAfrican to disobey the last wish of the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by DisLifeSha: 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2022
Cremation is not okay for most Nigerians like me. The suffering in Nigeria is too much already

christejames:
I am gradually taking likings for cremation ooo,(see the small space the ash will be finally interred) but in Nigeria it's still being frowned at, like saying, how do you burn a corpse making it pass through fire in death while it went through the same fire grin grin in the country while alive?

RIP Bishop.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by seyz91(m): 4:07pm On Jan 02, 2022
Olodo cheesy
ThatFairGuy1:
So he was cremated angry

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by israelmao(m): 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2022
Desmond Tutu's ashes is interned but the truths he told live on.
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Sholuwa241: 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2022
Putindbutt:
I thought he asked that he be aquamated. why cremate his body against his wish or am i missing out on something.
no man am still surprise till now are they Indians now where did they get this practice from .
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
TMKsouth:

Same thing - just different processes. Aquamation is eco-friendly.

https://www.nairaland.com/6918575/desmond-tutu-body-south-african
Wait incinerate his body or I didn't read it very well..
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
TMKsouth:

Same thing - just different processes. Aquamation is eco-friendly.

https://www.nairaland.com/6918575/desmond-tutu-body-south-african
Wait they incinerate his body or I didn't read it very well..
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Caphive: 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Was he cremated, as to turn into ashes rather than aquamated? But what if the will of the dead isn't obeyed, what will happen? I can't burn my loved one, its unafrican. Even if my loved one chooses to be cremated at death, I won't honor that instruction and nothing go happen

Aquamation, or “alkaline hydrolysis,” consists of cremation by water rather than fire. The body of the deceased is immersed for three to four hours in a mixture of water and a strong alkali like potassium hydroxide in a pressurised metal cylinder and heated to around 150 degrees Celsius.
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Like bro I can't wrap my head around what I just read like they incinerate a human being !!!!! When he's not cow or ram .. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Promise47(m): 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2022
South Africa I know say my bebe go done cry tire because she never see me how I wish I can fly there I miss you babe cry
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by efeteb: 4:29pm On Jan 02, 2022
For Aquamation the flesh is dissolved from the bone with water and Potassium hydroxide sustain at About 150degrees, and evaporated to ash. While the Bones are cremated to ash.

It requires less percentage of burning. Just the bones are burnt, while the body is dissolved.
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Mancrossfire: 4:44pm On Jan 02, 2022
Saturn444:
Is that all the ash?

Bring me the rest and I can extract his DNA and create his copy in my simulation if apartheid occurs.
Calm down. Cremation destroys DNA samples
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by victorazy(m): 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2022
OnyeMmeri:
I never knew Christians practice cremation. I can't imagine holding someone's ashes in my hands.

What do you understand by "Dust to Dust, Ash to Ash"?
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by phemmyfour: 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2022
lagonovo:

Hmmm you sound so authoritative on this. I wonder how the physical body is of any use to the dead? Won't cremation or aquamation only hasten the decomposition process of a physical body that is no longer of use for anything?
Stop destroying what you cannot create, let it go through natural decomposition

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by lukency(m): 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2022
Why ashes and not body.
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Bifwoli: 5:16pm On Jan 02, 2022
TMKsouth:

I was highlighting the ridiculousness of his point.
Tell your SA leaders to stop the costly bling bling life and corruption.See how this exemplary Bishop opted for simple casket and simple ceremony?

Over to you corrupt Zuma,Malema ,Gupta ,Tito Mboweni and Ramaphosa.
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Peace1993: 5:24pm On Jan 02, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
So he was cremated angry

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Peace1993: 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2022
Peace1993:

no!!! No loud am please
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by OLULAW: 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2022
OnyeMmeri:
I never knew Christians practice cremation. I can't imagine holding someone's ashes in my hands.

You must have been living under the rocks.
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by magzey: 5:50pm On Jan 02, 2022
So his Hell started here in Africa how could they burn the Niggar before the proper one ? grin

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by OLULAW: 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2022
SocialJustice:
When I'm full of life and no more, I prefer being turned into diamonds.

You mean ashes? grin grin grin
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by OLULAW: 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2022
McOluOmo:
Until we meet again

Not a chance. You’re never going to meet him, ever, again.
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by OLULAW: 5:57pm On Jan 02, 2022
Amojii:
Quick quastion...

1. Was it right to have burnt his body?
2. Was it right to have buried his ashes inside the church?
grin
Perhaps the Jews should have cremated Jesus’ body following his crucifixion and ‘death’. grin grin grin angry grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video: T.B Joshua Raises A Man From The Dead / Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR / Prophet Elijah Ayodele: "Fayemi Will Win Ekiti Governorship Elections"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.