Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. (30511 Views)

Top 10 Best Nigerian Songs Released In March 2024 (afrobeats/amapiano) / 4 Dope Comeback Songs By Nigerian Artistes / [list/link]top 5 Happy Birthday Songs By African Artists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by HardMirror(m): 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2022
Abdul9025:

Op why you too like wiz kid naa..
why put anifowoshe by olamide when voice of the street was a better track? Haba

No street credibility by 9ice and tuface?

This list is fantastic but there are some songs that should be removed from there
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by Kingosytex(m): 6:25pm On Jan 03, 2022
Na only one song I Sabi from number 1 to 150 and it happens to be Prince Nico Mbarga's Sweet Mother grin

2 Likes

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by shumuel(m): 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2022
Thank God it's a Naptu thread, I had hissed expect a New generation songs list

This is the NL member that always makes me feel old and nostalgic grin

2 Likes

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by Dickson178(m): 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2022
R. I. P General pipe cry

Best musician of the year then. cry
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by OgunkeelAllMod: 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2022
abeg abeg abeg ,e get those young Eastern? ) wey sang 'Crazy Boy s, wayoyo)na early 90 things o, so indomie stay away abeg angry ..dey listen to your yaya kuke abi na za sule whatever undecided undecided..mature guy pls.. Been searching YouTube, can't find it
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by shegun4sur: 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2022
Nice one
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by 00FFT00(m): 6:30pm On Jan 03, 2022
No songs by great groups like BLO, Wings, Sweet Breeze, Apostles. But 2face and Wizkid and Teni.

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by Omeizadean(m): 6:31pm On Jan 03, 2022
Why is Shayo by Bigiano missing from the list?
What of Need somebody by Faze?
What about Forever and other monster hits from Paul Play?
Edris AbdulKareem Jagajaga, Mr lecturer and Oko omoge?
Dency and chucks ojuelegba
Mr fryo denge pose
Pasuma orobo ki bo
Trybesmen Oya
Freestyle Ok
Weird mc ijoya
Sound sultan jagba jantis
Faze kolomental
I could go on but let me stop here for now.

2 Likes

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by Equity15(m): 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2022
Psquare just barely 5 songs? This list is flawed. See Wizkid with more than 10songs. Psquare in Thier prime had almost all Thier songs as hits. They were great too

1 Like

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by naptu2: 6:36pm On Jan 03, 2022
Ishilove:

Which guy?

Dan I.

naptu2:
Dan I - Monkey Come Chop Banana.

naptu2:
I don't care what the original title of this song is, I'm going to call it by the name that I knew back then.

This song was a massive hit.

This is why you need to question what people tell you and not just believe anything you hear. You see, I knew that he was a Nigerian back then, but there was a time that I was trying to remember the song (late 1990s) and the person that I was with at the time said that he was Ghanaian and I just accepted it. Of course he is a Nigerian!

This was such a huge hit.

Dan I - Monkey Come Chop Banana (1979).

grin grin grin I gave my nephew a lift and I was listening to Classic FM in the car and this song came on and my nephew asked how they can say that they play the best songs when they are playing "Monkey come chop banana"? grin

Dan I - Monkey Chop (1979)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcl97W0-jas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by DonTattaglia: 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2022
[qu9ote author=KingAzubuike post=109014693]My own top ten is

1. Zombie - Fela

2. Joromi- Victor uwaifo

3. Suuru lere - Lagbaja

4. Confusion (Not Confusion break bones, the first confusion) - Fela

5. Sawale- cardinal Rex

6 Fimile- kas

7 Owuro lojo - Beautiful Nubia

8 Fire on the mountain -Asa

9 Ketekete - Ebenezer Obey

10 Burna boy - ye[/quote]

Please remove Burna boy from that list..
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by HardMirror(m): 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2022
ABCthings:
The list can never be complete without Frank Edward songs
Frank what?

Sinachs way maker is one of the biggest gospel ever in the world. Should be on the list

1 Like

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by HardMirror(m): 6:44pm On Jan 03, 2022
Omeizadean:
Why is Shayo by Bigiano missing from the list?
What of Need somebody by Faze?
What about Forever and other monster hits from Paul Play?
Edris AbdulKareem Jagajaga, Mr lecturer and Oko omoge?
Dency and chucks ojuelegba
Mr fryo denge pose
Pasuma orobo ki bo
Trybesmen Oya
Freestyle Ok
Weird mc ijoya
Sound sultan jagba jantis
Faze kolomental
I could go on but let me stop here for now.
good one bro. Some of the olamide and co songs there should be removed and replaced by these ones

1 Like

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by naptu2: 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
naptu2:
grin grin grin

You see, it's not just that the chorus is hypnotic, but the story line also cracks me up every time.

I bought beer for you guys and you drank it all.

I bought whisky, you drank.

I bought ogogoro, you drank it all.

I bought palm wine, you drank.

I looked at my pockets, they were empty.

Then you guys went ahead to break the bottles!

Do you know how much those bottles cost??

What kind of debt do you want to put me in??

Fela Anikulapo-Kuti - Fogo Fogo (1973).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn0NMEg9Ugo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by HardMirror(m): 6:50pm On Jan 03, 2022
sangresan:

Are you kidding me?

No Ayinla Omowura's hits. No Haruna Ishola's songs. Adeolu Akinsanya? Ambrose Campbell?

You packed the list with songs produced in the early 80s to the 90s.

Greatest Nigerian songs ko, smallest Nigerian songs ni.
lol. He should just delete the last 30 songs on that list. He tried sha. Let's be honest he really tried just messed up a good list towards the end these great artists you listed should be there

1 Like

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by janetakan(f): 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2022
Wizkid ruling the music industry.

1 Like

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by naptu2: 6:53pm On Jan 03, 2022
naptu2:
The journey

(The man looked pensive, worried, like there was a weight on him)

He went to the farm (hence the title of the song). He saw the farmer. The farmer offered him yam, but he replied that yam wasn't the issue bugging him.

He went to the sea-side. He saw the mermaid. She offered him fish, but he replied that fish wasn't the issue bugging him.

He went to the palm plantation. He saw the palmwine tapper. The palmwine tapper offered him palmwine, but he said that palmwine wasn't the issue bugging him.

He was walking past the buka and he saw his friends wining and dining. They asked him to join them, but he said that hunger wasn't the issue bugging him.

He went home and spoke to his wife. She offered him a hug, but the hug didn't solve the issue that was bugging him.

They then asked him, "So what is the issue bugging you?" and he replied that it was the problems of the world that were bugging him.

That's when the lamentation about the character of man began. Envy, hatred, betrayal, etc.

naptu2:
To be honest with you, I thoroughly enjoyed the journey but, thinking about the meaning of this song can make you weep.

It's the human condition. The problems of the world (problem no dey finish) and it almost seems like he predicted the problems of Nigeria. The problem is the people and the traits in the people.

Please listen to the lyrics.

Tunji Oyelana - Mo Lo Soko (1976).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOBrhlhL9o

naptu2:
Meditating on Tunji Oyelana all morning. I had to download it. Great wisdom and great music combined. What a throwback!

naptu2 post=65246379:
O MY GOD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYSm5579oyM

1 Like

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by Ishilove: 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2022
naptu2:

Dan I.

grin grin grin I gave my nephew a lift and I was listening to Classic FM in the car and this song came on and my nephew asked how they can say that they play the best songs when they are playing "Monkey come chop banana"? grin

Dan I - Monkey Chop (1979)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcl97W0-jas
I just played this song and my mum was like "Ishi this song is older than you". cheesy

Dan looks like he is from the middle belt
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by Abagworo(m): 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2022
The biggest Nigerian songs of all time

1 Love Nwantiti by Ckay
2 Burnaboy Gbona
3 Davido Fall
4 Sinach Waymaker
5 Wizkid Essence

1 Like

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by naptu2: 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2022
naptu2:
Don't want no money!
Don't want no cigarette!
All I need is my love!

Dan dan da dan dan dan dan.
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by joyfullyjoyous(f): 7:08pm On Jan 03, 2022
1.Tunji Oyelana's "mo lo s'oko
2. Yinka Aiyefele
3. Beautiful Nubia's owuro l'ojo
4. Sir Rolling Dollar's won kere si number wa
5. Sir Victor Olaiya's "ilu le".
6. Sir Shina Peter's "Ace".
7. Sir Warrior Junior's "Uwawu Pawpaw".
8. Sir Ebenezer Obey's "ketekete".
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by naptu2: 7:12pm On Jan 03, 2022
naptu2:
Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for the national anthem.

This is the original video.

Dr Sikiru Ayinde Barrister - Fuji Garbage Series 2 (1988).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEZ-bnnW5X4
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2022
OP no even get respect. U compile this list without our very own Igbo Michael Jackson.. The legendary Chris Mba cheesy

Woman don't cry.
Please don't cry
Abeg U don't cry

That year God grin

2 Likes

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by naptu2: 7:19pm On Jan 03, 2022
I'm getting almost the same results that I got in 2016. The only disappointing thing is that only one person has attempted to answer the question, "What is that Hausa song".

However, on the issue of "greatest songs" the result is exactly the same as in 2016.

Before 2016 a lot of people had created lists and proclaimed the songs, "The greatest Nigerian songs of all time" or something like that. I argued that you could not create such a list because there are different genres, different eras and different tastes. For example, a lot of the lists that were compiled before 2016 only had songs from the year 2000 downwards. So there's nothing like "the greatest Nigerian song ever".

Go through this thread and you'll see what I mean. Some people are arguing that there should be more songs by Davido, Olamide, Burna Boy and Wizkid, while some want all the songs by those people to be removed from the list. grin

This was what I posted after I created the 2016 thread.

naptu2:
grin Many people didn't quite understand the title of that thread. I initially wrote,

"Naptu2's list of 150 of the greatest Nigerian songs".

The mod changed the title, but even with the new title, there's clearly a difference between:

1) List of 150 of the greatest Nigerian songs, by Naptu2.

And

2) List of the 150 greatest Nigerian songs, by Naptu2.

The first title shows that there are other great Nigerian songs and that there are some other songs that might even be greater, but the songs on the list are among the greatest.

The second title shows that the songs on the list are the top 150 greatest Nigerian songs.

My thread had the first title. I've repeatedly stated that it's impossible to compile a list of the top 150 greatest songs (how do you compare musical styles? How do you compare a rap song and a funk song? How do you compare a song from the 1960s with a song from 2010? ).

But many people assumed that the thread had the second title.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by naptu2: 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2022
Does anybody know the name of this song?

naptu2:
This is the Hausa song whose name I can't remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=358i9AmI8T0
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by Thuglife2020: 7:28pm On Jan 03, 2022
OP, you shouldn’t have omitted all these na..

Eedris Abdkareem - Mr. Lecturer

Eedris Abdkareem - Jaga Jaga

Eedris Abdkareem - Oko ashewo

Tony Tetula - My Car

African China - Mr. President

Beautiful Nubia- Owuro

Beautiful Nubia- Seven days

Danfo driver- Danfo driver

Ayinda barrister- Reality

Paso, Saheed Balogun, fada u turn, Milaika & adex labule- Fuji Gyration

Klevar jay- Koni koni love

Ice prince- Oleku
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by NiggasInParis: 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2022
Levinas:
Mheeeeen OP, if u you are talking about culturally relevant Nigerian music Eidris Jaga Jaga and African China Mr. President should be there. Mheeen we were dancing to their songs when some of your favourites were still wearing diapers and shitting yellow.

I tell you man.
He also missed out Sunny Eneji's Tolotolo and Wedding day song... Big time flex
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by naptu2: 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
naptu2:
You won't believe what I just found! These are two of the three pioneer Nigerian rap/reggae (toasting) songs that I've been looking for for ages (one of them was even uploaded by someone I know).

This group was the first Nigerian rap group that made sense to me. They weren't pretending to be Americans, their lyrics actually rhymed and the song was very funky. It'd be a hit if it was released today.

If I remember correctly, they released this song a few months before Junior And Pretty released Monica (which is viewed by many as the first major Nigerian hip hop song). I think that this group was better than Junior And Pretty, but J&P went on to become much more popular.

I think I need to tag everybody on this.

Emphasis - Which One You Dey (1991).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulv4yaA8UDg
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by naptu2: 7:38pm On Jan 03, 2022
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by splashbaby(m): 7:39pm On Jan 03, 2022
The song on number 104 of the list is absolute beauty for me. I so much love this song growing up. I learnt he used to play back up for Micheal Jackson then.
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by Acecube(m): 7:40pm On Jan 03, 2022
Jayphoenix45:
So only dami duro by davido made it into this list? Other hits by davido were left out but wizkid had 7 songs or so and not all where even hits but found their way into top 250 songs? Now you see why favouritism is not good abhi?
I just tire, he smuggled Wizkid songs I have not even heard of before because they are not hit into the list, whereas Davido's Fall, IF and Aye nor dey the list... Songs that are the top viewed Nigerian musics on YouTube. I feel the OP is a Wizkid fan jare
Re: List Of 250 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2. by naptu2: 7:43pm On Jan 03, 2022
splashbaby:
The song on number 104 of the list is absolute beauty for me. I so much love this song growing up. I learnt he used to play back up for Micheal Jackson then.

That song is hypnotic. The bass is incredible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oya Dab Is Not A Cult Slang, Here Is The Real Meaning / Davido Ft R. Kelly – If (remix) (audio) / Gospel Songs That Are Easy Enough For A Choir To Learn In One Day!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.