Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation (2188 Views)

What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe / Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 2:07am On Jan 04, 2022
A. The universe does not need to be created because it has always existed.
B. The universe created itself.
C. The universe must have a creator because it cannot create itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Blakjewelry(m): 2:30am On Jan 04, 2022
Rosement:
How the universe started is complex topic even in the realm of science and it can never comprehended by a non scientific mind.
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 3:19am On Jan 04, 2022
Blakjewelry:

How the universe started is complex topic even in the realm of science and it can never comprehended by a non scientific mind.
Since scientists doesn't have a definite answer to the creation of the universe and they keep debating among themselves, we cannot rely on scientific theories but we can think of a logical answer ourselves. So which of these options, do you think is possible?
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Blakjewelry(m): 7:19am On Jan 04, 2022
Rosement:

Since scientists doesn't have a definite answer to the creation of the universe and they keep debating among themselves, we cannot rely on scientific theories but we can think of a logical answer ourselves. So which of these options, do you think is possible?
Logical answer belong to science. Theories, hypothesis and answer are constantly tested to see how they hold. The constant debating is what makes science beautiful, every knowledge is tested and debated until there is no further truth and if a better truth is found tomorrow, we dump the lesser truth for the greater truth. It is therefore in a state of constant improvement

1 Like

Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by LordReed(m): 9:50am On Jan 04, 2022
Rosement:

4th option, I don't know.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 10:09am On Jan 04, 2022
Blakjewelry:

Logical answer belong to science. Theories, hypothesis and answer are constantly tested to see how they hold. The constant debating is what makes science beautiful, every knowledge is tested and debated until there is no further truth and if a better truth is found tomorrow, we dump the lesser truth for the greater truth. It is therefore in a state of constant improvement
Okay, I understand, you are waiting for scientists to provide the answer for you and you are not interested in answering this question yourself or discovering the literal truth on your own.

You prefer to believe other people's truth without doing your own personal findings, what if their truth is a made up lie? Anyway, you are entitled to your own decision, you can just decide to ignore this question but please don't interrupt this process allow people that are interested to partake. Thanks for understanding.
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 10:17am On Jan 04, 2022
In classical antiquity, there was no real ancient analog of a modern scientist. Instead, philosophers engaged in the philosophical study of nature called natural philosophy, a precursor of natural science.

A lot of people have been debating theories and forming philosophers on this forum but now they are mute.

In a way, we are philosophers because
philosopher is a person who seeks wisdom or enlightenment : SCHOLAR, THINKER.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/philosopher
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by hupernikao: 10:18am On Jan 04, 2022
LordReed:

Good, sincere and honest answer. I guess the OP likely not sure of having sincere persons with this option.

Your answer likewise called for further response.

Why did you choose this option.

Is it because there is no scientific evidence on this yet?

1 Like

Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 10:43am On Jan 04, 2022
I'm still waiting! Where are the philosophers on nairaland?
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by LordReed(m): 10:50am On Jan 04, 2022
hupernikao:

Good, sincere and honest answer. I guess the OP likely not sure of having sincere persons with this option.

Your answer likewise called for further response.

Why did you choose this option.

Is it because there is no scientific evidence on this yet?

The scientific evidence is limited in scope so we have limited knowledge about the origins of our universe. We know space time expanded out from a point during the Big Bang event but beyond that we know nothing. This is why I say I don't know.
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 10:53am On Jan 04, 2022
LordReed:

The scientific evidence is limited in scope so we have limited knowledge about the origins of our universe. We know space time expanded out from a point during the Big Bang event but beyond that we know nothing. This is why I say I don't know.
As a philosopher, you have a mind of your own. Think logically and pick the option you think describes the creation of the universe.
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by LordReed(m): 10:59am On Jan 04, 2022
Rosement:

As a philosopher, you have a mind of your own. Think logical and pick the option you think describes the creation of the universe.

There is nothing like mind of your own, we are products of those that came before us. I have stated my answer, I don't know. If however you want my speculation I would say natural processes which we have no current understanding of gave rise to our universe.

4 Likes

Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by hupernikao: 11:05am On Jan 04, 2022
LordReed:

Okay. So in short, we don't have scientific evidence for now.

But I feel this same option can be adopted to the science of explaining God. I am sure the reason you don't believe in God is because there is no scientific evidence for such.

Hence you outrightly accepted that

"there is no God", not
"I don't know if there is God".

I think applying this same principle.

1. What is the origin of the earth or evidence of its beginning? I don't know because there is no scientific evidence.

2. What is the origin or evidence of God's existence. I don't know because there is no scientific evidence.

I feel this is more tolerant and easily adjustable overtime.

1 Like

Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 11:12am On Jan 04, 2022
LordReed:

There is nothing like mind of your own, we are products of those that came before us. I have stated my answer, I don't know. If however you want my speculation I would say natural processes which we have no current understanding of gave rise to our universe.
The fact that we are products of those that came before us does not mean we cannot think on our own. If you don't understand the natural processes, why do you even believe their theories. Do you just prefer to follow blindly?

Anyway, you have answered the question to the best of your ability, thanks for participating.
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Blakjewelry(m): 11:14am On Jan 04, 2022
Rosement:

Okay, I understand, you are waiting for scientists to provide the answer for you and you are not interested in answering this question yourself or discovering the literal truth on your own.

You prefer to believe other people's truth without doing your own personal findings, what if their truth is a made up lie? Anyway, you are entitled to your own decision, you can just decide to ignore this question but please don't interrupt this process allow people that are interested to partake. Thanks for understanding.

Well I work with data already collected and I don't wanted to bore you with scientific jagons especially, infact I won't make sense if you haven't dive into the modern cosmological origin theory. And answering these questions will require enough typing and mental which I am simply not in the right mood for.
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by LordReed(m): 11:17am On Jan 04, 2022
hupernikao:

Okay. So in short, we don't have scientific evidence for now.

But I feel this same option can be adopted to the science of explaining God. I am sure the reason you don't believe in God is because there is no scientific evidence for such.

Hence you outrightly accepted that

"there is no God", not
"I don't know if there is God".

I think applying this same principle.

1. What is the origin of the earth or evidence of its beginning? I don't know because there is no scientific evidence.

2. What is the origin or evidence of God's existence. I don't know because there is no scientific evidence.

I feel this is more tolerant and easily adjustable overtime.

I have never said there is no god, I have said your particular conception of a god doesn't exist but that is not the same as saying there is no god. The universe is vaster than our current understanding so I still hold out a possibility that we might find a god.

There is ample evidence for how the earth was formed.
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by hupernikao: 11:20am On Jan 04, 2022
LordReed:

I have never said there is no god, I have said your particular conception of a god doesn't exist but that is not the same as saying there is no god. The universe is vaster than our current understanding so I still hold out a possibility that we might find a god.

There is ample evidence for how the earth was formed.

Okay. Clearer now.

That God will surely be found.
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by LordReed(m): 11:24am On Jan 04, 2022
Rosement:

The fact that we are products of those that came before us does not mean we cannot think on our own. If you don't understand the natural processes, why do you even believe their theories. Do you just prefer to follow blindly?

Anyway, you have answered the question to the best of your ability, thanks for participating.

You misunderstand. I didn't say I don't understand natural processes, I said we don't understand what kind of natural processes were at play to give rise to our universe. All the scientific theories we currently have to explain natural processes are understandable, the ones I understand I accept them because they explain the processes and present evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by LordReed(m): 11:26am On Jan 04, 2022
hupernikao:

Okay. Clearer now.

That God will surely be found.

Well that remains to be seen.
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 11:47am On Jan 04, 2022
Blakjewelry:

Well I work with data already collected and I don't wanted to bore you with scientific jagons especially, infact I won't make sense if you haven't dive into the modern cosmological origin theory. And answering these questions will require enough typing and mental which I am simply not in the right mood for.
We, human beings have the ability to think and analyse.
I just want you to analyse it with your brain and pick an option, I don't need an explanation or scientific theory. Which is possible, option a, b or c?
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Teslason(m): 11:56am On Jan 04, 2022
The universe started with arithmetics....
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2022
LordReed:

You misunderstand. I didn't say I don't understand natural processes, I said we don't understand what kind of natural processes were at play to give rise to our universe. All the scientific theories we currently have to explain natural processes are understandable, the ones I understand I accept them because they explain the processes and present evidence.
In other words, you are saying you cannot get your own philosophy by analysing with your own brain, you can only use scientific discoveries to analyse.
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
Please, I don't need explanations. If your answer is among the options, pick your answer.
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by LordReed(m): 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2022
Rosement:

In other words, you are saying you cannot get your own philosophy by analysing with your own brain, you cannot only use scientific discoveries to analyse.

Do you not understand the meaning of speculation? Read my post again:

LordReed:

Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2022
If your answer is not among the option, then you know nothing about the creation of the universe because one of these have to have happened or which other options, can we imagine brought about the creation of the universe?
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2022
LordReed:

Do you not understand the meaning of speculation? Read my post again:

Please simplify. Is your answer among the options? Yes or No. If your answer is among the options, which of them is your preferred option?
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by LordReed(m): 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
Rosement:

Please simplify. Is your answer among the options? Yes or No. If your answer is among the options, which of them is your preferred option?

LordReed:

Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2022
LordReed:

Okay no p. Thanks a lot for participating.
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Dtruthspeaker: 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2022
Rosement:
I'm still waiting! Where are the philosophers on nairaland?

Looking at your options, it is clearly in evidence that a thing is incapable of creating itself.

And it is proven that a thing is always created by a Creator.

So no argument at all only the exercise of foolish imaginations.
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Looking at your options, it is clearly in evidence that a thing is incapable of creating itself.

And it is proven that a thing is always created by a Creator.

So no argument at all only the exercise of foolish imaginations.
Thanks for contributing.
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Blakjewelry(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2022
Rosement:
A
Re: Out Of the Options, Pick One That You Believe Explains The Universe Creation by Rosement(f): 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2022
Blakjewelry:

A
Thanks a lot for participating.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Allah Is NOT Yahweh, All Muslims Are In Trouble / 10 Prayer Points To BreakĀ  Family Curses And Patterns / Where Is Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.