Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,709 members, 7,837,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

What Fela Said About Buhari And North... A Must Read For Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Fela Said About Buhari And North... A Must Read For Youths (502 Views)

Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise / Nigeria Is The Worst African Country; Fela Said In 1979 – Still Valid Or Not? / Stephanie Findlay Reacts To Saraki's Press Conference, Talks About Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Fela Said About Buhari And North... A Must Read For Youths by COdeGenesis: 11:11am On Jan 04, 2022
I recently stumbled on Fela's song BEAST of all Nation and I was amazed about how everything he said about Nigeria 32years ago when BUHARI was in power is still manifesting today. I thought I should dissect the lyrics to think through his thoughts. I feel is a great MUSICIAN and activist. Here we go:

LYRICS PART1
Fela wetin u go sing about o
They go worry me
They go worry me worry me
Worry worry worry worry
They go worry me
The time way i dey for prison
I call am inside world
The time way i dey outside
I call am HAUSA world
Na craze world
No be outside world
Craze world

Fela throughout his career was a target for the Nigeria Government because of his vocal stand against the poor handling of the country by the leaders. When he was jailed, the prison was saner than the outside world. After spending 5 years in jail he was released. He, however, saw that there so much nepotism with the HAUSAs occupying major positions in the country just like today and there was equity in the prison than the outside world. He called this outside world a CRAZE world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Fela Said About Buhari And North... A Must Read For Youths by Baawaa(m): 11:13am On Jan 04, 2022
Some musicians are prophets
Re: What Fela Said About Buhari And North... A Must Read For Youths by COdeGenesis: 11:15am On Jan 04, 2022
LYRICS 2:

He gave reasons why he called the outside world HAUSA world. The reasons were captured in his lyrics which you would agree with me were valid. The Hausas were highly placed in the POLICE, MILITARY, COURT, MAGISTRATE. The Hausas killed christian students in IleIfe and Zaria. The Hausas jailed anyone who openly condemned their bad governance and stood for the rights of the people. The country then was ruled by Buhari.

No be HAUSA POLICE dey ee
Craze world
No be HAUSA SOLDIER dey ee
Craze world
No be HAUSA COURT dem dey ee
Craze world
No be HAUSA magistrate dey ee
Craze world
No be HAUSA JUDGE deM ee
Craze world
Na craze wall be that
Craze world
No be HAUSA Buhari dey ee
Craze world
Na craze man be that
Craze world
Animal in craze man skining
Craze world
Na craze wall be that
Craze world
No be HAUSA idiagbo dey eee
Craze world
Na craze man be that
Craze world
Animal in craze man skining
Craze world
Na craze world be that
Craze world
No be HAUSA them they find me guilty
Craze world
No be HAUSA them jail me five yeearz
Craze world
I no do nothing
Craze world
No be HAUSA them judge they beguo
Craze world
Na craze wall be that yoo
Craze world
Na craze wall be that
Craze world
No be HAUSA them kill them students
Craze world
Some went to Zaria and ifé
Craze world
Craze world
Na craze wall be that
Craze world
No be HAUSA all this dey happen
Craze world
Craze world ×4
Na craze wall be that yoo o
Make you hear this one o

Re: What Fela Said About Buhari And North... A Must Read For Youths by COdeGenesis: 11:22am On Jan 04, 2022
LYRICS 3:

The government of Buhari brought up a new policy on Indiscipline. The War Against Indiscipline was announced in March 1984 by Tunde Idiagbon, the Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters[2] and the launch event was held at Tafawa Balewa Square to much fanfare. The military government of which Idiagbon was a member had seized power on December 31, 1981, and a key underlying reason given for the coup was unprecedented, rampant corruption and indiscipline within the political class. Prior to the coup, newspapers wrote articles alleging corrupt practices within the Shehu Shagari administration, including fraud in the housing ministry and external communications agency, bribes given to Central Bank officials to obtain foreign currency, and government-supported hoarding of rice. Government officials and the political class lived in luxury, while the civilian administration began a policy of austerity. When the military took control of the government, they established measures to impose order and discipline within the country. One of those measures was the War Against Indiscipline, a comprehensive program to correct many social ills that the new military ruling class perceived to afflict Nigeria.
The government said the Nigeria people were indiscipline, senseless , corrupt and useless. This statement was echoed by Buhari recently when he said Nigerian youths are lazy. However, Fela wasn't having any of it and raised his displeasure about Government's insensitivity in the lyrics below

Power against indiscipline o
Na nigeria government oo
Them dey talkioo
My people are useless
My people are senseless
My people are indiscipline
Na nigeria governmentioo
Them dey talk be that
My people are useless
My people are senseless
I never hear that before oo
Make government talkioo
My people are useless
My people are senseless
Na nigeria governmentioo
Them dey talk be that
Which kind talk be that tioo

Re: What Fela Said About Buhari And North... A Must Read For Youths by drmuchin: 11:39am On Jan 04, 2022
Fela na Prophet
Re: What Fela Said About Buhari And North... A Must Read For Youths by Samunique(m): 11:40am On Jan 04, 2022
Buhari has always been evil and hate-filled dictator from the unset .

It's only inndomie generation that don't know this !!!!

1 Like

Re: What Fela Said About Buhari And North... A Must Read For Youths by marveangel(m): 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2022
Fela was a prophet
Re: What Fela Said About Buhari And North... A Must Read For Youths by zanshi: 1:53pm On Jan 04, 2022
Fela was a bad ass fearless, another person as vocal and no nonsense as him is Sowore, jailed many atimes but still standing dogged and unshaken.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa Vs IPOB DOS War: Residents Flee South East As Killings, Unrest Rise / When Will Tinubu Be Back From Sick Leave Abroad? / Imam Tawhidi Campaigns For Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.