Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews (14878 Views)

Mo Abudu Responds To Criticism Trailing 'Chief Daddy 2' / Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? / Chief Daddy 2 Release Date, January 1, 2022 - Mo Abudu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by CallMeDrino: 6:05am On Jan 05, 2022
Former Big Brother Naija housemate Maria Chike has shared her thoughts on filmmaker Mo Abudu’s Netflix film Chief Daddy 2:Going for Broke, saying it was funny, Igbere TV reports.

The 28-year-old said this in a Twitter post on Tuesday amid the criticism trailing the movie.

“Omg I’m just watching Chief daddy 2 and boy it’s hella funny! All I want to know is who served them the Nigerian rice and stew in Dubai? @BRODAshaggiNG May I please have the hookup,” she wrote.

Since its release on Netflix on New Year’s Day, the comedy film has largely been berated by movie enthusiasts and critics.

Directed by Niyi Akinmolayan and produced by EbonyLife’s Mo Abudu, the film is a sequel to the original Chief Daddy film, which premiered in 2018.

Despite its star-studded cast, including the rapper Falz, skit maker Broda Shaggi and Nollywood stars such as Joke Silva, Kate Henshaw, Ini Edo, Shaffy Bello, Funke Akindele and late Rachel Oniga, the general consensus is that the sequel would have benefited from better screenplay and direction.

Reacting to the film on Twitter on Sunday, screenwriter Dami Elebe said that Nollywood filmmakers should pay much attention to casting talented actors and not influencers.

“Anyway, I’m happy people are having the conversation. Maybe some people in Nollywood will stop hiring writers after they’ve cast and got location. Maybe some of you will give story development a chance and also pay well for it. Maybe you people will stop hiring only famous people, confusing them as influencers. Maybe talent will thrive this year,” she wrote.

Another Twitter user @Innancoshe called the movie “an atrocious hodgepodge of terrible acting and directing and ghastly writing.”

“I regretted wasting my data to watch this seriously, how una pack stars full this film yet na rubbish una produce?” @Bayobigbun asked.

Meanwhile, in an Instagram post on Sunday, Mo Abudu celebrated the movie for being “the number one in Nigeria today” on Netflix.

https://twitter.com/MariaChike/status/1478158765346246672

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 05, 2022
Madam wan trend
Eye service
You dy find movie role when they should be ploughing your holes with multiple cocks

39 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by We4all: 8:29am On Jan 05, 2022
I haven’t watched the movie, but even the best American movies got some bad reviews. Different people, different taste, different views, case closed.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by slawormiir: 9:50am On Jan 05, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Another overrated dumb fuckkk movie

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 05, 2022
Haven't seen the movie yet
But those who have said I shouldn't bother

:

Another Twitter user @Innancoshe called the movie “an atrocious hodgepodge of terrible acting and directing and ghastly writing

After this bashing, I'm not sure I'll see this movie again

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by iCauseTrouble: 9:50am On Jan 05, 2022
Has she stopped snatching people's husband?

5 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by WiszyFraud: 9:50am On Jan 05, 2022
Did you know??

Be nice to everyone. Be friends with a few. Trust one person: yourself.

lipsrsealed

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by Aidejay(m): 9:51am On Jan 05, 2022
the girl sabi constructive criticism.

she made a salient point but she first use "hella funny" and "rice and stew" to cover up.

this kind thing dem no dey use full mouth talk am you go need to adjust your tone small make nollywood witches and wizard no use that one to frustrate your career.

she said
"Anyway, I’m happy people are having the conversation. Maybe some people in Nollywood will stop hiring writers after they’ve cast and got location. Maybe some of you will give story development a chance and also pay well for it. Maybe you people will stop hiring only famous people, confusing them as influencers. Maybe talent will thrive this year."

5 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by Farid24224(m): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2022
She go sweet die.. kiss

But she too dey form.. angry
Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by money121(m): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2022
Ok
Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by Authoreety: 9:52am On Jan 05, 2022
Based on wetin na.... From the little I know abt Maria, her iq is below standard...

Lol

8 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by joyfull120(f): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2022
I haven't watched it.

1 Like

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by Myer(m): 9:53am On Jan 05, 2022
Darkseidxx:
Madam wan trend
Eye service
You dy find movie role when they should be ploughing your holes

Actually the movie appeals to a certain demographic. And she gets the humor.

Pls have sense this new year.
Obviously the producer and director as well as Mo Abudu find it funny too.
Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by Stanleyville(m): 9:54am On Jan 05, 2022
shocked

Majority cannot be wrong about the same ...

I am not even a fan of home movies

3 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by einsteine(m): 9:54am On Jan 05, 2022
She wants a movie role. Even Mo Abudu would admit the movie is terrible, number one on Netflix or not. Just goes to show not every movie needs a sequel.

8 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by EXLOVER(m): 9:54am On Jan 05, 2022
Maria will do anything to stay relevant.

She's not that intelligent, imagine asking who serve the Nigéria rice and stew in Dubai.

I see her posting her sextape someday

12 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by euniselfyahoo: 9:55am On Jan 05, 2022
Chief daddy 2, noted
Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 05, 2022
Myer:

undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by Upworkwriter007(f): 9:55am On Jan 05, 2022
She thinks in opposite direction to common sense

3 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by chiago95(m): 9:56am On Jan 05, 2022
Everyday I bless God for Telegram. Alot of hacked apps and movies are there on each channel.

Check out kennys media, x media for all movies.

E yakpa. Even chief daddy 2 and all latest released movies
Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 05, 2022
My advice is make sure you don't watch it in a cinema.
Trust me, it's a waste of resource

5 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by einsteine(m): 9:57am On Jan 05, 2022
Myer:

What makes you think they do?

It's just a pathetic money grab. The only reason Netflix would accept such a production is base tokenism, let's have diverse movies on Netflix otherwise if you are to judge it with the standard of other Netflix originals, Chief Daddy 2 should be in the trash bin. Almost all the actors on the production phoned it in and it has terrible writing and a plot that does not even attempt to make sense.

2 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by Factfinder1(m): 9:57am On Jan 05, 2022
the movie was a pile of shit made in a rush to sell during the yelitude season

4 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by tarantino1: 9:58am On Jan 05, 2022
She's shooting her shot, I guess and Nigeria needs to start looking at other genres as well

Comedy and romance for almost 30 years.

Una no dey tire

Even when we attempt other genres, we no even dey do am well.

Lionheart for example

2 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by tarantino1: 10:03am On Jan 05, 2022
einsteine:

It's just a pathetic money grab. The only reason Netflix would accept such a production is base tokenism, let's have diverse movies on Netflix otherwise if you are to judge it with the standard of other Netflix originals, Chief Daddy 2 should be in the trash bin. Almost all the actors on the production phoned it in and it has terrible writing and a plot that does not even attempt to make sense.

I agree with you bro.

Even Lionheart that was touted as one awesome movie.

I calm down one day watch am and was expecting to be wowed but the plot, actors, and everything was just flat.

We need to do better man cos e be like say Netflix na charity something sef

6 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by Myer(m): 10:03am On Jan 05, 2022
einsteine:

I'm in no position to critic or review the movie.
But my point is if someone finds it funny even amidst all the negative reviews, you can't fault that.

There are so many movies I enjoy but when you read their reviews online they make you feel it's the worst movie ever.

Maria mentioned the part of the movie that she found funny,I think that's the part she finds humorous probably cos she can relate to it. We can't fault her on that.

Even The Ghost and the Tout received so much negative reviews but some viewers found it funny.

My point being theres no need bashing her cos she found it funny.

2 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by Queenserah26(f): 10:03am On Jan 05, 2022
I saw the movie on Sunday and honestly, I was not impressed.

3 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by phemmyfour: 10:07am On Jan 05, 2022
Darkseidxx:
Madam wan trend
Eye service
You dy find movie role when they should be ploughing your holes with multiple cocks
Honestly, She's been looking for reason to trend since we start 2022

3 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:08am On Jan 05, 2022
You don't expect anything intelligent from someone with an actual coconut for a brain cool

2 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by phemmyfour: 10:09am On Jan 05, 2022
Myer:

I'm in no position to critic or review the movie.
But my point is if someone finds it funny even amidst all the negative reviews, you can't fault that.

There are so many movies I enjoy but when you read their reviews online they make you feel it's the worst movie ever.

Maria mentioned the part of the movie that she found funny,I think that's the part she finds humorous probably cos she can relate to it. We can't fault her on that.

Even The Ghost and the Tout received so much negative reviews but some viewers found it funny.

My point being theres no need bashing her cos she found it funny.
Save this epistle....that movie is unmanageable

4 Likes

Re: Maria Chike Commends 'Chief Daddy 2' Amid Negative Reviews by danchuzzy(m): 10:12am On Jan 05, 2022
Aidejay:
the girl sabi constructive criticism.

she made a salient point but she first use "hella funny" and "rice and stew" to cover up.

this kind thing dem no dey use full mouth talk am you go need to adjust your tone small make nollywood witches and wizard no use that one to frustrate your career.

she said
"Anyway, I’m happy people are having the conversation. Maybe some people in Nollywood will stop hiring writers after they’ve cast and got location. Maybe some of you will give story development a chance and also pay well for it. Maybe you people will stop hiring only famous people, confusing them as influencers. Maybe talent will thrive this year."

Lol. Guy. Try more abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where The Hell Is "The Blacklist" Thread??!! / Jackie Chan Vs Jet Li, Who Is The Better Martial Artist? / Court Restrains Dstv From Increasing Subscription Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.