Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,822 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse (34404 Views)

Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? / How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by Eagba(m): 1:46pm On Jan 07, 2022
Isaacpromise1:
As much as we don’t know her side of the story, but as per your own explanation.

You need to fix your life ASAP; and stop expecting anything from her, father or anyone else, if they assist it’s fine, if they don’t, you move on.

Don’t you think by now, your mum or your parents should be eating the fruit of their labor and not some unnecessary billing from you, it might be part of the silent issues too

Have you tried having a mother-son deep conversation with your mum too?

Like my pastor once said, “something must happen for something to happen” your mother can’t just turn that bad to you overnight, try to find out what went wrong
yes make op go hustle. But you see that car own, and not contributing for the house keep, I know fit gree.

But I need a woman to answer these, why will some grow up to have this feeling of someone will take of them. At least take of yourself from your output, leave me and the kids I'll be more than capable.

That car part, you rock a car and when it gets spoilt or need changing of oil, you call your husband. Is he the mechanic?

If he dies early, will you be happy?
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by revolt(m): 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2022
KingAzubuike:
But what sorta mother will be expecting her son who's a serving corper to be sending money to her? And she is a mother who is working and earning 6 figures.? Haba.. that's too cruel.

Parents these days see their children taking care of them as an obligation. "That I must reap where I have sown" mentality. Your children will take care of you no doubt but don't see it as an obligation or a right because you took care of them too. You chose to have kids , nobody forced you. If you buy a puppy , it's your duty to feed it and nuture it.

And if your mother is always blocking people from helping you financially then just try to maintain your distance with her.
ALL MOTHERS .... mothers can be so entitled ...loll... but well na still our mamas.
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by Teerach: 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2022
While I was thinking my mom is somehow with cash, I've now heard from the op that my mom is a learner. Op your mom is my mom's very senior colleague.
I'll go and begin to manage and cherish mine like that.
I over believe this story. Don't pray to have someone that has but can't give you or someone that is continually in competition with you.

2 Likes

Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by alexola20(m): 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2022
Mine also 4 years amd counting too.
Why are mothers like this?
I lost my 2 elder brothers in the process this when Inknow I took a good decision to cut all communication.
Not cool but gotta save my as$ too.
DispatcherLagos:
No perfect family. If I open mouth talk my own now you will thank God for having a mother like yours. However to get her thoughts out of my mind I had to travel and stay very far away from her. No calls or sms, we're both good, this is the fourth year of no communication

2 Likes

Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by naijaman2225(m): 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2022
laiperi:
Try to understand where she is coming from, could be tough love.

She may even want you or trying too hard to make you more responsible.

It boils down to how you see it and the difference it makes to your existence without expecting any support.
NO TOUGH LOVE HERE BUT �% HATE.
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by Martinez39s(m): 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2022
Your mother is a narcissistic sociopath. Instead of being grieved at her disposition, write her off as a mother and learn to deal with her wisely so that she doesn't hinder you (eg. Don't ask for financial help form relatives or anyone in her presence; don't confide in her about anything; and so on; where you can, keep her at a distance). She will never change, that's a fact you must deal with. Do not reason with her or show her any understanding or sympathy; I can assure that it will be futile and she isn't worth it. It is okay to write her off and move on with your life.

Parenthood is not an excuse to endure nonsense and toxicity. It also not an excuse to retain someone who isn't worthy to be in your life.

Cc MrHenryFord

8 Likes

Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by Hwy95: 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2022
Brilliantly Written . A Piece Of Life Advice.
ALL My Confused Brethen Take Note. THIS IS REAL LIFE
[/size][size=8pt]

Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by pansophist(m): 3:30pm On Jan 06
You're being a gentleman to your detriment, and that is your problem. You should have told your uncle that it's only 30k out of the 500k you received, and that he should send money to you directly next time. You don't cover shame for someone that is shameless.

Secondly, stop giving her money you don't have. Let her call Jesus and complain, don't give. Remove what's on your eye first, before someone's else, even your mum. If you realise how people quickly forget the dead, you will stop living to please people. Kobe Bryant died a few years ago, his news spread globally, now how many people talk about him? Oga give yourself a brain.

Be careful about what you tolerate, because you're teaching others how to treat you. How others treat you is a mirror to your standards, and no one will treat you better than you will accept. Your mothers behaviour will not bother you if you develop the inner strength to handle troublesome individuals. If she knows you to be tough, you'll be her exemption to her dirty behaviour, while she focuses on dealing with your father full time.

I understand the cultural expectations of respecting your parents, but to respect someone and to tolerate their excess is foolishness, and your respect has no value. When people know you as a man of honour, your respect will be valued, as well as your wrath. Know when to be a gentleman, and when to be a mentally deranged tout, because that's the language weak people understand. You can't be one, without strengthening the other. Just like the taller a tree, the deeper it's roots.

For now, seek on financial independence and don't sacrifice yourself stupidly. Your intuition is always telling you what to do but many times, people look outward, instead of inward. If something doesn't feel right, don't do it, and damn the consequences. What's worse? She would stop talking to you? Well for me, that will be great.

Love is thicker than water, not blood. If her existence in your life is more of pain than happiness, then you either choose yourself or her, and if its your mum, will she choose you instead of her happiness ? Learning to live is a skill, please develop it, and most things won't even bother you.
(Quote) (Report) 17 Likes (Unlike) (Share)
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by Martinez39s(m): 1:54pm On Jan 07, 2022
laiperi:

It boils down to how you see it and the difference it makes to your existence without expecting any support.
SMH.
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by SilentBurner(m): 1:54pm On Jan 07, 2022
MrHenryFord:
I've been out of NYSC for almost 6 years now and to be honest, I am still struggling to make ends meet. I work where the pay is nothing to write home about and I have a small apartment I'm managing. It hasn't been easy at all. One of the problems being my mother who I see as a selfish and greedy person. She's this person that I can't discuss financial constraints with let's say an uncle or even my father in her presence. She'll tell them not to assist me that they're spoiling me, that those who are surviving on 20k monthly with wives and children don't have 2 heads.

As in I no get, I brought a business plan to my father. He's on the verge of assisting me and she convinced him not to help me and the man listened (he's a kind of person that even takes decisions from the woman. Sometimes I believe she must have jazzed him or something because honestly, that man doesn't know what he's doing again.

Funniest thing is that if she's the one the man wants to assist with even a million naira, she will be smiling happy. She no go talk say dem dey spoil her o.

I remember when my uncle sent money from abroad through her, she only gave me a tiny percentage . The man sent #500k to her to give me . She only gave me 30k and lied to the man she has given me the whole #500k. It was when I called the man to thank him I got to know. I just played along like I've received the whole sum inorder not to cause another problem between him and her.

Secondly, she always wants to rip where she didn't sow. I can use a pin to count how many favor she has done for me and my younger ones in this life but yet, she wants to make it an obligation to be taking care of her with the little I'm earning despite the fact that she's working and even earning x8 of what I earn.

Fine I'll give you when I have but no she no dey hear that one. Even wen I was doing NYSC in 2016. She called my grandma on phone and was crying that I refused to send her money.. I was dumbfounded. Me wey dey struggle in the streets of Kano with 19k alawee while she is working in Lagos earning more than 100k yet she still wants me to be sending money to her . It's not even that she contributes her salary to the house. It's my father that does everything. Even ordinary filling of gas cylinder na the man dey drop money.. It was so bad she started reporting me to all my uncles. Most of them who understood what I'm going through tried to talk to her but she wasn't having any of it

Thirdly, as I said in the first point above about my father being her puppet. My mother has a car she bought around 2014 and I can tell you she has never spent a dime on that car. Ordinary to use her money buy fuel na war. It's the man that fuels the car for her. If the car is faulty , she can abandon it for months until the man fixes it with is own money. When it spoils again, she abandons it again and the cycle continues. Meanwhile like I said, she works and earn above 100k monthly o. Sometimes I just keep wandering what she uses her money for because there's really nothing tangible she does to the house. (I have 3 siblings behind).

Lastly, this woman has been disturbing me to marry even as far back as when I was serving in 2016. Even till date, I keep telling her I'll settle when I am financially comfortable but she's always never ready to have any of that. Always using people like teachers and fuel attendants who earn less that 20k monthly and have wife and kids. Fine them get wife and born children but their wives are the type you see fighting with their neighbors and tearing their wrappers everyday. Their kids are the type you see on the streets driving tire naked , blowing banger up and down the streets and moving with bad boys.

No stress yourself my brother, na just to pray make God take your problems away grin
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by nwajesus12(m): 1:54pm On Jan 07, 2022
Emerald04:
I understand your pains bruhda, but just so you know not all mothers are MOTHER
and also not all fathers are one, most are assholes
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by Eagba(m): 1:55pm On Jan 07, 2022
Dogasas:

I remember when my own mother blocked me from traveling out with the lame excuse that I wasn't gonna keep in touch and I was gonna forget home. My uncle based in newyork was ready to come pick me and sponsor everything. He even sent money to get my passport which I did sharply. . Naso this woman stood in the way . It got so bad she started raising voice on my uncle . The man just quietly left us alone and stopped picking even my own calls. This happened in 2009. Till date I'm still stucked in naija. E pain me sha and anytime I see her I remember that incident but life goes on .

Maybe she feels she gave birth to you, so she owns your life.

1 Like

Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by Joeoluoma(m): 1:58pm On Jan 07, 2022
It's a pity that you have this kind of mother. Then use any other legal means to collect the money you want for your business even if its loan then pay back later
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by YorubaIsCursed: 2:00pm On Jan 07, 2022
Kakamorufu:

You no go see better thing chop. Ewu gambia angry
Nairaland Policewoman, you are needed to settle a dispute angry cry

Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by kiddkash(m): 2:02pm On Jan 07, 2022
laiperi:

I understand what you mean by tough love, but these things affects someone's psychosis
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by somboy2007: 2:02pm On Jan 07, 2022
Oga go and marry
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by KingAzubuike(f): 2:04pm On Jan 07, 2022
Aidejay:
that woman wants grandchildren.

simple!

OP go and part one red sea and give her children of israel. You'll be surprised when she starts showering your bouncing babies with all sorts.

apart from that increase your hustle don't see her as a stumbling block but rather motivation once you overcome your financial issues these things become trivial instantly!
Re read what you wrote and ask yourself, does it make sense? You just embarrassed yourself publicly.
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by pansophist(m): 2:04pm On Jan 07, 2022
laiperi:

I won't tell you what love is, but I will tell you what love is NOT.

1. Love is not greedy and deceitful. Why did she give him 30k out of 500k that was sent to him? And even hid the fact that she received such a huge amount for him ? This is not the nature of love, or tough love as you called it.

2. Love is not parasitic. Her son is struggling. Meanwhile, she earns well. Instead, she is interested on his survival funds, instead of supplement it with hers. Did she brought him into this world to suffer? This is not the nature of love.

3. Love does not blackmail. Why reporting him to others? Why forcing him to get married when he is not ready? Why can't she just hear him out instead of dismiss his point? Why stop his father from assisting him? Why be a source of pain, bordering hatred? Of course this is not love.

When you tolerate bad treatment from people, they will push harder and deeper, to see the extent of your limit. Until he stands up and say "enough", he will suffer even more. No one has ever gotten their freedom by appealing to the moral sense of their oppressor. You must fight your way out. Hence, you should be strong inside of you or else, you will suffer uselessly.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by PROPHETmichael: 2:06pm On Jan 07, 2022
MrHenryFord:
I've been out of NYSC for almost 6 years now and to be honest, I am still struggling to make ends meet. I work where the pay is nothing to write home about and I have a small apartment I'm managing. It hasn't been easy at all. One of the problems being my mother who I see as a selfish and greedy person. She's this person that I can't discuss financial constraints with let's say an uncle or even my father in her presence. She'll tell them not to assist me that they're spoiling me, that those who are surviving on 20k monthly with wives and children don't have 2 heads.

As in I no get, I brought a business plan to my father. He's on the verge of assisting me and she convinced him not to help me and the man listened (he's a kind of person that even takes decisions from the woman. Sometimes I believe she must have jazzed him or something because honestly, that man doesn't know what he's doing again.

Funniest thing is that if she's the one the man wants to assist with even a million naira, she will be smiling happy. She no go talk say dem dey spoil her o.

I remember when my uncle sent money from abroad through her, she only gave me a tiny percentage . The man sent #500k to her to give me . She only gave me 30k and lied to the man she has given me the whole #500k. It was when I called the man to thank him I got to know. I just played along like I've received the whole sum inorder not to cause another problem between him and her.

Secondly, she always wants to rip where she didn't sow. I can use a pin to count how many favor she has done for me and my younger ones in this life but yet, she wants to make it an obligation to be taking care of her with the little I'm earning despite the fact that she's working and even earning x8 of what I earn.

Fine I'll give you when I have but no she no dey hear that one. Even wen I was doing NYSC in 2016. She called my grandma on phone and was crying that I refused to send her money.. I was dumbfounded. Me wey dey struggle in the streets of Kano with 19k alawee while she is working in Lagos earning more than 100k yet she still wants me to be sending money to her . It's not even that she contributes her salary to the house. It's my father that does everything. Even ordinary filling of gas cylinder na the man dey drop money.. It was so bad she started reporting me to all my uncles. Most of them who understood what I'm going through tried to talk to her but she wasn't having any of it

Thirdly, as I said in the first point above about my father being her puppet. My mother has a car she bought around 2014 and I can tell you she has never spent a dime on that car. Ordinary to use her money buy fuel na war. It's the man that fuels the car for her. If the car is faulty , she can abandon it for months until the man fixes it with is own money. When it spoils again, she abandons it again and the cycle continues. Meanwhile like I said, she works and earn above 100k monthly o. Sometimes I just keep wandering what she uses her money for because there's really nothing tangible she does to the house. (I have 3 siblings behind).

Lastly, this woman has been disturbing me to marry even as far back as when I was serving in 2016. Even till date, I keep telling her I'll settle when I am financially comfortable but she's always never ready to have any of that. Always using people like teachers and fuel attendants who earn less that 20k monthly and have wife and kids. Fine them get wife and born children but their wives are the type you see fighting with their neighbors and tearing their wrappers everyday. Their kids are the type you see on the streets driving tire naked , blowing banger up and down the streets and moving with bad boys.

You need to temporary disconnect from your father's house, first by changing your phone number, followed by your location...

Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
Genesis 12:1

E GET WHY
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by mabea: 2:07pm On Jan 07, 2022
Isaacpromise1:

A woman who raised you up to the stage you are, probably she and the father sponsored your education along with other finances SUDDENLY turned wicked and greedy overnight?
Does that even make any sense? What happened along the line? Has he tried finding out? Has he tried finding solution? Instead of crying fowl and giving the mother bad image what reasonable step has he taken to resolve the issue … No one even knows the woman side of the story but according to HIS explanation her mother is Bad and Wicked! …

like i said, “things don’t just happen, something must happen for something to happen”
What if the woman has not played any important role in his life apart from giving birth to him? Talking from experience, some mothers are not mother.
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by Cognitivereason: 2:08pm On Jan 07, 2022
Read what the OP posted again

Aidejay:
that woman wants grandchildren.

simple!

OP go and part one red sea and give her children of israel. You'll be surprised when she starts showering your bouncing babies with all sorts.

apart from that increase your hustle don't see her as a stumbling block but rather motivation once you overcome your financial issues these things become trivial instantly!
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by josh6633: 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2022
MrHenryFord:

Pls Don't be offended with what I am about to ask u. Are u sure u are their biological son. Pls u should make a thorough investigation and thank me later. There is something both the so called ur mom and your dad knows that u don't know, and everyone is hiding it from u in the family.
Let me tell u, no real Mom will do such thing to her own biological son. Every mother want her son to be the best and they can do anything to makesl sure he actualize his dreams except she is a witch. And no father will sit and watched his son needs or careers not to be attended to when he has the financial assistance.
For your so called Mom to asked u to get married, she wants u out of the family because she thought u are benefiting from them. Immediately u get married and u come to asked for anything, she will have the full power to talk to u anyhow. Pls do the investigation and u get it right

1 Like

Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by zigleary: 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2022
When I read this post I was kind feeling sorry for you and mad at your mum but we can't judge without hearing your mum's side of the story angry. Hence I think we should know your spending habits too. Find a side hustle or business, don't be surprised when the hustle or business kick starts she would support you and even give you the remaining part of the 500k.
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by Norabay(f): 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2022
Some people here wil never understand your story but i do.

2 Likes

Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by Olakunleyakub(m): 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2022
This is so pathetic.

Some mothers can be so wicked though but inrespective pls find a place to forgive her and close ranks.

I just finished talking to my mother and trust me she is not perfect but we are managing ourselves.

Pls giive reconciliation a chance and go back to your mother even if you guys can't live together.
DispatcherLagos:
No perfect family. If I open mouth talk my own now you will thank God for having a mother like yours. However to get her thoughts out of my mind I had to travel and stay very far away from her. No calls or sms, we're both good, this is the fourth year of no communication
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by josh6633: 2:13pm On Jan 07, 2022
Qatar2022:

Oga people are naturally wicked, what are you even saying? You must nurture your plant before it grows and bear fruits for you

U even have time to answer him.
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by DenreleDave(m): 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2022
REALLY ?
DispatcherLagos:
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by AROMA1975: 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2022
My brother! I think say na only me ooo
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by mabea: 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2022
specimenv:
I hope its not my mum you are talking about? It seems we share the same mum. Its tiring abeg, mine even hid all the xmas meat because i could not contribute towards it, like she wants me to steal. I have learnt to ignore and be on my lane.
Chai some women though!
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by Eagba(m): 2:17pm On Jan 07, 2022
Highman56:
why u dey waste ur time explaining.just learn to ignore some kinds of pipul
If that issacpromise na woman, e for worst
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by Ficeo(m): 2:18pm On Jan 07, 2022
My dear brother! We all have our stories! Mine was my father. I felt like you. Now that he is late, I cry so much each time I remember him.
Look for a way to manage your mum and be happy with her now she is still alive. You don't have a second parents. Pray for her and always try to communicate with her as frequently as possible. God bless your home.
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by descartes400: 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2022
I no dey like to dey chuk mouth for this kind skirmish between mother and son. undecided
Re: The Hatred I Have For My Mother Is Getting Worse by catice(m): 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2022
Start planning to live away from your mother. If it means leaving K-town to somewhere else. There is something you might not understand about your situation.
MrHenryFord:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Please Help This Lady Find Her Brother / Ways To Deal With An Introverted Wife / Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.