Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend (26595 Views)

Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) / Full Text Of Trump's Speech On Iran And Reaction On Social Media / Tanzanian Government Bans The Posting Of Nude, Raunchy Photos On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by TMKsouth: 2:00am On Jan 07, 2022
Videos of dancing cops are no longer allowed on social media.

THE days of being slay queens and seeing men and women in blue uniform partaking in social media challenges are now a thing of the past in South Africa.

A circular stamped for circulation on 3 January was sent on 24 December to the National Head of the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation and all police departments and divisions, signed by the national commissioner Khehla Sitole.

It said members were damaging the professional image of the SA Police Service (SAPS) posing in uniform on social media. It also instructed commanders to monitor social media platforms where certain members bring the SAPS into disrepute, as videos or pictures posted were of indecent content and distasteful. “In instances where members are recognised, commanders must immediately take disciplinary action.”

TikTok influencer, Metro cop Tiyani Siphamele was not worried, but said should the Metro Department apply the rules, he will entertain his followers in his ordinary clothes.

See latest viral video in December 2021 (750K+ views):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhbI4kSZxzo

Other prohibited measures

It stated some female cops were not complying with the dress code which states “nail polish of red, pink, brown or shades may be worn with the uniform so it does not harm the uniform.” The code stated nails may not be painted in a variety of colours and must be neat at all times. False nails were not allowed.

“Displaying police equipment and the manner in which official firearms and ammunition are handled by members on social media platforms amounts to negligence and reckless behaviour, which cannot be condoned. Commanders must ensure all members are in full compliance as members must be inspected during parades to ensure conforming to the dress order.”

Lieutenant Colonel Robert Netshiunda said what’s in the circular is nothing new and it reminded cops how to behave in public. He said it was important for them to go back to basics and know what they stood for.

https://www.dailysun.co.za/News/no-more-tiktok-dancing-for-cops-20220106

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Totilopussylick(m): 2:02am On Jan 07, 2022
Person wey know person
E no dey kill person
If you wan know person
No go force person
I no dey sick
You wan gimme medicine
I get money o
You wan help me spend my money
Allow me to enjoy myself
Allow me to enjoy myself
Allow me to enjoy myself
Allow me to enjoy (oh no)
Allow me to enjoy myself
Allow me to enjoy myself
Allow me to enjoy myself
Allow me oh-oh

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Mastakija(m): 2:02am On Jan 07, 2022
The person above me will not make heaven for taking my ftc space

The person below me was to slow to comment so therefore shim will not make heaven

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 07, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by SuperbCrown: 2:04am On Jan 07, 2022
Big furo sighted grin

1 Like

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by TMKsouth: 2:20am On Jan 07, 2022
Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by NLPoliceWoman: 2:37am On Jan 07, 2022
They should allow us to enjoy ourselves for a few weeks please.

Police don't trend everyday.

Allow me to enjoy myself on repeat............

17 Likes

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 07, 2022
And it's always the Women

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by TMKsouth: 2:47am On Jan 07, 2022
LordVoldermort:
And it's always the Women

This is the male cop influencer, Tiyani Trevor, but he gets away with it coz he doesn't wear the complete uniform.

But yeah, the chicks take the cake grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceeg6bbna8o

2 Likes

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by snowland(m): 5:23am On Jan 07, 2022
What's wrong with having fun?

For those quoting me saying they are professionals and that they shouldn't be seen doing that, well I got to tell y'all, in case y'all dont know that they are human first before being police officers. And like I said, there's nothing wrong with having a little fun as long as it does not impact the delivery of their primary functions.

I guess the ones in the video below are not professionals as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qs0sOIfwnQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFkqT_yUpU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbapuhCq1nk

https://youtube.com/shorts/irFdwU4bhE0?feature=share

In this part of the world, we really do need to focus more on policies that need urgent attentions.
Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by bkool7(m): 5:28am On Jan 07, 2022
Having fun on duty?

Fun and duty don't mix

12 Likes

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Wine611: 5:28am On Jan 07, 2022
Okay
Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Drakkernoir: 5:29am On Jan 07, 2022
snowland:

Nothing, but it is a professional organisation. Not an entertainment one...They shouldnt insult the uniform....

45 Likes

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by inoki247: 5:29am On Jan 07, 2022
lol this part of the world with jargons policy everyday...

Dem dey dance with dere uniform so far dem no dey act blue film with d uniform or taking drugs or alcohol while working.

Dem sha no shoot people any na dance dem dey dance abi dere dancing go affect derr performance e go say when dem hold Gun mak Gun no answer dem....
Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Boogyman557: 5:32am On Jan 07, 2022
Holly Gram cool AMABOBI YEEEEEE

MAKOKO PUTOTO POYOYO

WTF MAN
Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Passpim: 5:38am On Jan 07, 2022
cheesy
Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by gambia(m): 5:42am On Jan 07, 2022
She acted unprofessional.

1 Like

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by yenereal(m): 5:54am On Jan 07, 2022
cool
Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Ppogbae: 5:56am On Jan 07, 2022
Policing is stressful in SA, considering the high amounts of crime in poor areas like the townships and various urban centres as well. Let these guys blow off some steam!

2 Likes

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Bolaji26(m): 5:58am On Jan 07, 2022
grin

See as comment dey few but if na Nigerian military or Para military banned such a thing, enemies of the country go don blast them with insult and comparing them with the US.

forgetting every country / organization get their own rules and regulations

6 Likes

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by fasho01(m): 6:02am On Jan 07, 2022
Though a fun trend, probably to boost public perception of the police, which would have been a welcome development here in Nigeria, but I totally understand the rationale behind banning it. They should probably continue the trend on mufti grin

2 Likes

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by dazzlingd(m): 6:05am On Jan 07, 2022
snowland:

Perhaps we should all be having fun. Everyone of us

Surgeons during operation, engineers and construction workers, bankers, soldiers in battle fields, etc..
Even our president should be having fun

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Blackfire(m): 6:11am On Jan 07, 2022
My in laws...
Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by chriskosherbal(m): 6:14am On Jan 07, 2022
I think I go with SA on this...

Professionalism must be in place .

See signature
Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Promise47(m): 6:22am On Jan 07, 2022
South Africa I love the Country see that woman back side grin grin cheesy grin if I go in there I may never come outside Lol

5 Likes

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Authoreety: 6:29am On Jan 07, 2022
Notin much... Just adding groove to ur job.
Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by guru90: 6:36am On Jan 07, 2022
Most all Uniform men at SA are dancing....

Not supported.
Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 07, 2022
Kingmena1:
I run POS centers, I am looking for a partner who will put 100k in and get back 20k everymonth (10k part of your initial money and 10k returns on investment (ROI) every month) for 10 months contact me with the number below in my profile
100k to get 200k in 10 long months....lol....Joke

1 Like

Re: SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend by Promise47(m): 7:09am On Jan 07, 2022
Lol don't put ur money oh use an for other things
Leebliss13:
100k to get 200k in 10 long months....lol....Joke

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kevin Mccarthy Wins Vote To Become Speaker Of The US House Of Reps / Dilma Rousseff Impeached By Brazilian Senate! / Yahya Jammeh Secretly Married A 22 Years Old Ghanaian Last Weekend!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.