Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,856 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year (29579 Views)

FG Completes And Switch On Zungeru Hydro Power Plant , Adds 624 MW To Grid / Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project / Behold Longest Flyover In West Africa To Be Commissioned By President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by codemaniacs: 10:18am On Jan 07, 2022
Reference:
Good one.
We should think green energy particularly renewables.
With a coastline of more than a thousand kilometres we have enough offshore wind resources to power this country.

The coastline is in southern Nigeria so northern Nigerian politicians and power mongers will kick against such ideas because it will empower the south..

It's the same reason Nigeria doesn't have massive coal power plants and gas power plants because coal and gas are majorly in eastern Nigeria.

Unless they own companies, same reason they support d:angote refinery in the south.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Jakumo(m): 10:23am On Jan 07, 2022
Victorclean1:
Selling our soul to China and India. Hope Chinese will not sit on this for 50 years?.

Those Chinese loans always include a long list of consequences that kick in as a result of late or defaulted loan repayment by debtor nations. Most often China gently grabs full ownership rights to the entire project. That crafty nation recently took full ownership control over an entire international airport previously belonging to an African nation as its sole gateway to the outside world, when that nation failed to repay a Chinese "infrastructure " loan.

In former Eastern Europe, China recently took control of virtually all natural resources belonging to the tiny nation of Moldova when that country was late in refunding a highway to nowhere white elephant project loan placed in a baited trap for a previous administration to tread upon there.

This hydroelectric power dam being built in Zungeru Nigeria will soon enough belong to China when the dust settles and the multi-billion dollar loan repayment terms are not met by a new Nigerian federal government a few short years from now. China's long-term agenda is to take ownership control over all this planet's nations that are cash-poor but resource-rich.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by cmecproblem(m): 10:24am On Jan 07, 2022
What's a great doing on that equipment? So unprofessional.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Yabsun(m): 10:25am On Jan 07, 2022
PeachtreeReside:
Where else are Hydro Electric Power Projects being built?
Kanji Hydro and Shiroro Hydro Power plants both in Niger state.
One thing about Hydro power plant is that though it has high initial cost, the running cost is low. It is one of the cleanest methods of generating power.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:25am On Jan 07, 2022
chatinent:
They may send sb to pour salt inside so that they'll continue enjoying the tips from companies selling energy.

Trust the Nigerian government

How do you guys live with this kind of disposition? Who is the government? It’s ordinary men and women like you and I.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Jakumo(m): 10:26am On Jan 07, 2022
codemaniacs:

Rivers supply the land with nutrients to maintain the vegetation of the land.. if many dams are built in southern Nigeria then many parts of southern Nigeria will start experiencing desertification..

This is a very insightful observation that merits sober reflection, as does the folly of any given nation accepting Chinese loans for ANY purpose.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Ovamboland(m): 10:30am On Jan 07, 2022
jaytee01:
Sharrap dere!

Which low oil prices? Your criminal principals have borrowed more money than GEJ and others sold crude oil. And the criminals even sold oil plus.
APC have looted so much money that even the � devil is shocked. And they are planning even now to extend the frontiers of their criminal enterprise through the most fraudulent scheme in Nigerian history..... the so called Social Investment Programme......read feeding ghosts during lockdowns, tradermonie, sharing 5k to vulnerable ghosts to cushion the effect of fuel price increase etc!

And this one too follow them go school oh
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Yabsun(m): 10:36am On Jan 07, 2022
Testimony1988:
So it means more power supply for Niger state.
Sara. It means more power supply to Nigeria grid. Unfortunately, the problem lies on wheeling power to evacuate it down to the final consumers( You and I). IMO, FG should rather expand the grid to transmit more power.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Ovamboland(m): 10:38am On Jan 07, 2022
CSTRR:
The problem is not the party, the problem is the leader.

Roads and Bridges should be the barest minimum for any decent leader.

It doesn't take much to give contracts to China.
And it is a shame on past Leaders that Buhari has best them in that regards.

The real test of governance is changing Nigeria from being the poorest country on Earth, improving living standards and taming insecurity.

Do we honestly believe buhari has the capacity to do that?

Did we have good security before Buhari? Did we not have frequent ethnic and religious riots under the past leaders with death in thousands? The only difference now is awareness level and eady delivery of news content.
Coupled with mutating insurgency, and emerging threats which are fall out of climate change, serious economic challenges mostly due to past bad choices, global recession and pandemic. Only shows our current structure and security architecture are unable to cope with the current trends.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by jornwhite: 10:38am On Jan 07, 2022
omenkaLives:
Groundbreaking was done in 2013 he said, but it was long abandoned.

Can you please ask him, under normal circumstances how long should it take i.e ideal duration
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by PeachtreeReside(f): 10:40am On Jan 07, 2022
Yabsun:

Kanji Hydro and Shiroro Hydro Power plants both in Niger state.
One thing about Hydro power plant is that though it has high initial cost, the running cost is low. It is one of the cleanest methods of generating power.

Thanks for the response.

I know there is one at Ibadan Ife Express can't remember the name.

Isn't wind cleaner than water generated power?
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 07, 2022
codemaniacs:

Northern Nigeria will be f**ked not southern Nigeria..
weti this one even know. You r the problem I was addressing
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by neyorlmogzy(m): 10:51am On Jan 07, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Nice one. More attention should paid to our distributing companies.. they are the father of scam and failure in this country..
Their is nothing nice about this piece of crap, hydro electricity is obsolete and only poor, corruption based country make use of it
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by sylve11: 10:54am On Jan 07, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Nice one. More attention should paid to our distributing companies.. they are the father of scam and failure in this country..

My brother, I tire for them. cool
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by kareemkamil(m): 10:55am On Jan 07, 2022
Abegiiiiii
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Yabsun(m): 10:56am On Jan 07, 2022
PeachtreeReside:

Thanks for the response.

I know there is one at Ibadan Ife Express can't remember the name.

Isn't wind cleaner than water generated power?
Wind is cleaner. Hydro too is clean but not as clean as wind. Wind is unreliable method of generating power though.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by sylve11: 11:07am On Jan 07, 2022
chatinent:
They may send sb to pour salt inside so that they'll continue enjoying the tips from companies selling energy.

Trust the Nigerian government.

Very evil thought from you. shocked cool
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by sylve11: 11:24am On Jan 07, 2022
murmee:
But no other country in the whole of West Africa has the huge amount of Gas that Nigeria is flaring away.

If we build thermal power stations near the gas site, Nigeria will have more than enough electricity to use and to sell to more neighboring countries.

The mistake Nigeria is making is to build Thermal power stations far away from the gas that would generate electricity.

That is why the pipelines connecting gas to the stations are prone to frequent vandalisations.

God has blessed this country with natural resources but we don't make good use of them!

I think you're making sense. cool
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2022
Yabsun:

Wind is cleaner. Hydro too is clean but not as clean as wind. Wind is unreliable method of generating power though.

It's used I'n the UK....

I'm sure it could find use here in some places in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by sleemomymy: 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2022
Quality20:
but why wasn't d dam built in Nsukka or any other biafran town
BECAUSE THE SECOND NIGER BRIDGE BEING BUILT BY BUHARI FOR BIAFRA IS NOT APPRECIATED

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Yabsun(m): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2022
PeachtreeReside:

It's used I'n the UK....

I'm sure it could find use here in some places in Nigeria.
Sure. It could

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by ArewaNorth: 12:34pm On Jan 07, 2022
Quality20:
but why wasn't d dam built in Nsukka or any other biafran town

Because their water isn't suitable for the hydoro-power plant. This type of plant is situated in a river with specific waterfall pattern.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by SatanTheDeviLL: 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2022
Bigcowhorn:

If i don't know why not enlighten me?
Your mates are talking Nuclear power and you with ancient technology is bragging

I repeat my question, what happened to Nsukka?
armed robbers deserve 5o be burnt alive cool cool cool
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by ufotunang: 1:24pm On Jan 07, 2022
Upon all this hydro electic power projects and power substations everywhere... no constant electricity light in nigeria... Nigerians still paying for darkness NEPA bill
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by nameo: 2:26pm On Jan 07, 2022
vedaxcool:
This is under low oil prices and unprecedented global challenges. Failure is the name PDthieves should be addressed with. They squandered developmental opportunity!

Will you SHUT it there with your silllly propaganda.

PDP, as useless as they were, built more than 10 power plants. Don't just go there.

This Govt haa been a FAILURE in the power sector as Buhari himself admitted in his last Channels interview.

You goons should stop shopping for one or two uncompleted projects and try to use it to colour-paint this useless Admin

Dont!!
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Hkff: 3:59pm On Jan 07, 2022
Really
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Sunday2021: 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2022
Pdp PDP PDP, how many times did I call you?
I swear if I see your crooked legs in this country again I will burn you alive.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Kennydoc(m): 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2022
vedaxcool:
This is under low oil prices and unprecedented global challenges. Failure is the name PDthieves should be addressed with. They squandered developmental opportunity!
Oga, its built with a loan from China. It has nothing to do with low oil price.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Torylanez(m): 4:51pm On Jan 07, 2022
uniquetechng:
Ganduje was two term senstor under PDP, Audu Ogbeh, Ita Enang, Bagudu , Goje , Abdullhi Adamu , Akpabio , Akume, Rochas Okorocha , Adamu Aliero, Udoma Udo Udoma , Chris Ngige , Andy Uba, Dariye , Ajimobi , Segun Oni and of Amosun were all in PDP before cross-carpeting to APC to become saints .

Okorocha was apga , Ajimobi , Amosun , Bagudu were ANPP
Chris ngige was apga

Why are you lying to prove your point ?

U said 80% of APC were PDP , even with the list u mentioned let's assume u are saying the truth
Those u mentioned don't even constitute 4% of APC

APC was a faction of apga which okorocha headed , ANPP with the likes of Ahmed lawan, CPC Buhari and ribadu , ACN tinubu and co. , And a faction of nPDP which Saraki headed

And those nPDP factions are out of APC !!!

No foundational member of PDP de inside APC again !!
Asides Amaechi

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Testimony1988(m): 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2022
Yabsun:

Sara. It means more power supply to Nigeria grid. Unfortunately, the problem lies on wheeling power to evacuate it down to the final consumers( You and I). IMO, FG should rather expand the grid to transmit more power.
That's true, they should focus more on distribution.
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2022
Tboymessiah:

How does it work?
this is a good documentary on it you can do your own research too .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lz1RQw_MgU
Re: Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year by Ovamboland(m): 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2022
codemaniacs:

The coastline is in southern Nigeria so northern Nigerian politicians and power mongers will kick against such ideas because it will empower the south..

It's the same reason Nigeria doesn't have massive coal power plants and gas power plants because coal and gas are majorly in eastern Nigeria.

Unless they own companies, same reason they support d:angote refinery in the south.

Southerners ruled the country for 13 years of the last 21 years of democracy and they slept off and forgot there was a coastline and coal in the east.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others / ‘why Construction Of Second Niger Bridge May Be Put On Hold For Now’ / EFCC Uncovers Another N3bn Stolen Arms Deal!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.