Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? (1792 Views)

Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World / Lady Taken To Osun to take oath Before Leaving Nigeria Has Been Found / My Mom’s Market List 1984: See How Far Nigeria Has Gone (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by Icandream: 9:12pm On Jan 08, 2022
With respect to every other tribe in Nigeria I hereby conclude that Yoruba music is the best. They have the best style, best beats, best rhythm and I hereby join Reno Omokri and other music loving pple of Nigeria to support the motion that Yoruba music should be studied. When it comes to music those guys are multi talented. Strictly my opinion though!

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by Amotolongbo(f): 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2022
Icandream:
With respect to every other tribe in Nigeria I hereby conclude that Yoruba music is the best. They have the best style, best beats, best rhythm and I hereby join Reno Omokri and other music loving pple of Nigeria to support the motion that Yoruba music should be studied. When it comes to music those guys are multi talented. Strictly my opinion though!
You are so right!

No tribe comes near Yoruba in music.
Yoruba tribe has many genre of music like Juju, Fuji, Apala, highlife etc which are so popular outside the shores.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by Icandream: 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
You are so right!

No tribe comes near Yoruba in music.
Yoruba tribe has many genre of music like Juju, Fuji, Apala, highlife etc which are so popular outside the shores.

You're very correct. Are u a Yoruba man or woman?
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by lascos912(m): 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2022
Everwthing seams cool now o before u use ur tribalistics post jam it
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by chatinent: 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2022
Every tribe is the best to their people.

Ibo songs to Yorubas may sound somehow nyamiri.
Yoruba songs to Ibos may sound mgbatimgbati.
And so on

Only if you listen to the lyrics of other tribes.

3 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by Icandream: 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2022
lascos912:
Everwthing seams cool now o before u use ur tribalistics post jam it

Don't bring tribal sentiments here pls. It's just my opinion. I'm a Niger Delta guy tho
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by Icandream: 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2022
chatinent:
Every tribe is the best to their people.

Ibo songs to Yorubas may sound somehow nyamiri.
Yoruba songs to Ibos may sound mgbatimgbati.
And so on

Only if you listen to the lyrics of other tribes.

I love Igbo music because it's very close to our own style but when it comes to music that has been able to thrive outside Nigeria pls give to Yorubas. Their music is unique

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by chatinent: 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2022
Icandream:

I love Igbo music because it's very close to our own style but when it comes to music that has been able to thrive outside Nigeria pls give to Yorubas. Their music is unique

I understand Yoruba, I understand Igbo. I think both are special in their various ways.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by Icandream: 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2022
chatinent:

I understand Yoruba, I understand Igbo. I think both are special in their various ways.

My favorite is Yoruba and I have my reasons. Outside Tu face, Timaya and a fews others Yoruba musicians are the reasons why Nigerian music is making waves outside Africa

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by chatinent: 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2022
Icandream:

My favorite is Yoruba and I have my reasons. Outside Tu face, Timaya and a fews others Yoruba musicians are the reasons why Nigerian music is making waves outside Africa

Which of the music is making waves? Please mention their artistes and the songs.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by Pweetiedude(m): 9:46pm On Jan 08, 2022
I rep Omoluabi
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by Icandream: 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2022
chatinent:

Which of the music is making waves? Please mention their artistes and the songs.

Bro let's be realistic, currently the only Nigerian musician outside of Yoruba that can compete with the best Yoruba artists is Buna Boy and funny enough he sings Yoruba style of music

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by chatinent: 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2022
Icandream:

Bro let's be realistic, currently the only Nigerian musician outside of Yoruba that can compete with the best Yoruba artists is Buna Boy and funny enough he sings Yoruba style of music

Okay.

He sings English tho.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by Icandream: 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2022
chatinent:

Okay.

He sings English tho.

Ya but what about his style?
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Best Music? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 08, 2022
It's Yoruba now!! Who wan ague cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Witch Mother Wants To Initiate My Daughter In Her Dream / Is This worth Her Leaving? He Needs Your Advise / Nigerian Flew Into Britain And Had Quins On The Nhs: Now She Want To Stay In Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.